Start by marking “First Dance (The Bridesmaid Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
First Dance (The Bridesmaid Chronicles, #3)

First Dance (The Bridesmaid Chronicles #3)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  146 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
In this final installment of the Bridesmaid Chronicles trilogy, the bride's best friend, Manhattan divorce attorney Vivien Shelton, arrives in Texas with the perfect gift for the couple: an iron-clad pre-nup. Soon, sparks are flying between Vivien and the groom's lawyer. Original.
Published August 2nd 2005 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about First Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Dance

Jennifer Wardrip
May 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Karen Kendall has done it again! Another smart, sexy, savvy book in The Bridesmaid Chronicles, FIRST DANCE revolves around the third bridesmaid in the upcoming wedding of Julia Spinelli and Roman Sonntag.

In this installment, Manhattan divorce attorney Vivien Shelton is already amazed that she's a bridesmaid in a wedding. The irony doesn't escape her. What she can't figure out is why she's having such a hard time convincing the bride, Julia, to sign a pre-nuptial agreement before the wedding. Af
Sandy M
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I was happy to see that Karen Kendall wrote this third book in the series. After the disaster of the second book, I needed a good one to keep me going. I did get it here. We’re back in Texas, thank goodness, where wedding preparations are still going on when the bride’s best friend, Vivien, a Manhattan divorce attorney, makes it to Fredericksburg to help out. I really liked Vivien. She’s, of course, very independent and intelligent and has a soft spot for Greyhounds, saving abused ones every cha ...more
Joy
Books by Karen Kendall almost always are entertaining and the characters endearing. This is the case in this book, the 3rd book in the Bridesmaid Chronicles Series. The first book in the series is written by Karen Kendall as well. The second and forth are written by Kylie Adams and Julie Kenner respectively. I've only read Books 1 and 3 at this point. Since the books are authored by three different writers I decided to read them out of order.

Anyway, the heroine in this story is a tough as nails
TINNGG
May 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Hmmm… I wonder if this is a common trope with this author - ball-buster heroine gets publicly humiliated by H right at the beginning, they spend the next 80% of the book getting closer, only for him to do/say something that reminds her why she's a ball-buster to begin with, followed by an apology.

Since the main reason I picked this series up is because Julie Kenner wrote the last book…

In any case, the trope is pretty much the plot. The H/h met 3 years previous when they represented opposing clie
Jenifer
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Revenge has never been so hot.

J.B. thought he was done thinking about the cool divorce lawyer who had used him and then kicked him to the curb after one great night, until she comes rolling into town to talk to his friend's, and client's, new fiance.

Vivian just knew she had to help Julia out and talk her into a pre-nup, but she had hoped that she wouldn't run into J.B.. Three years ago their paths had crossed and it had evoked such emotion and feeling in her that she had kicked him out of her ho
LaFleurBleue
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Short and light romance.
The beginning was extremely good, allowing the reader to get into Vivien's day to day life as a highly successful divorce attorney. I also liked her arrival into Fredericksburg Texas and smiled / laughed during her first encounter with her friend's future groom and his best friend, JB, whom she met a few years ago and threw out of her hotel room, after sex, buck naked.
Unfortunately I did not find the remainder of their story so appealing, nor so funny. It sometimes even s
Theresa
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Significantly better than the second book, that's for sure!

I loved how Viv was smart, hard-working, and sassy! She's a heroine that a lot of women can resonate with and empathize with. The hero was also lovely, although I felt his feelings for her were underdeveloped. I couldn't give this book the full 5 stars because I felt that a lot of the problems between the townspeople, secondary characters, etc. were not fully resolved - for instance, Viv and her mother, the H's ex-wife, Uncle Ted's emus
Pandan Arum
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it

page 125 :
"It reminded us that life and family and friends are precious gifts, and shouldn't be squandered or taken lightly. My parents we all were so lucky to have had the happiness we did. I see people all the time, focused on small negatives in their lives. They completely forget to be thankful for what they have. They just want more."
Shannon
Okay for some reason First Date and First Dance are sharing space here on good read, perhaps because they are both of The Bridesmaid Chronicles so both reviews will be here.

First Date:

First Dance:
Jen
Feb 15, 2008 marked it as to-read
Picked this little diddy up for $3....looked like a good beach read and since I live near the beach.....
ReBecca
Jul 09, 2015 rated it liked it
If your looking for a quick read, with some romance, this is a perfect read for you!
Chrissy
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
fantastic :D
Grace Caroline
Mar 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
A light-hearted book! Although it conveys the same message like most chic-lits, the way Karen describes it is very enchanting. I couldn't stop reading the book after the first 10 pages.
Rebekah
This was the best of the 4 books in the series but that isn't saying much.
Lisabel Marie
Jul 28, 2012
Julie
Oct 22, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • First Kiss (Bridesmaid Chronicles, #2)
  • The Bridesmaid Chronicles: First Love
  • Glass Houses
  • Just One Taste (Recipe for Love #3)
  • Once Upon A Blind Date
  • Wife in Disguise
  • Third Time's a Charm (Holland Springs, #3)
  • Just A Taste (New York Blades, #6)
  • The Balance Thing
  • Divorcees.Biz
  • Deal With This (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #7; Goddard Project, #2)
  • Mistress to the Tycoon
  • Not Another New Year's (Holidays, #2)
  • Cowboy
  • Hawk's Way Grooms (Hawk's Way #10&12)
  • Beyond The Limit (Morgan's Mercenaries #30)
  • Poisoned by Gilt
  • The Perfect Wife
Karen Kendall is the author of many disasters and nine romantic comedies. She grew up in Austin, Texas, and credits her early interest in writing to several teachers and her mother, a professor of comparative literature.

A graduate of Smith College, Karen studied the mysteries of modern and contemporary art before enrolling in a masters program in Museum Education, with the aim of teaching children
More about Karen Kendall...

The Bridesmaid Chronicles (4 books)
  • First Date (The Bridesmaid Chronicles, #1)
  • First Kiss (Bridesmaid Chronicles, #2)
  • The Bridesmaid Chronicles: First Love