Start by marking “Exiles, Volume 4: Legacy” as Want to Read:
Exiles, Volume 4: Legacy

Exiles, Volume 4: Legacy (The Exiles #4)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  175 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
They are the Exiles, reality hopping nomads forced to repair the broken chain of time. In each new universe they travel to the team must complete a mission before moving on. Their only guide is the mysterious Tallus, a bracelet talisman that provides guidance, although sometimes oblique, as to what the Exiles are to rectify.To fail at a mission means returning to their ori ...more
Published August 1st 2003 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about Exiles, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exiles, Volume 4

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
As before the Exiles are intriguing, but Weapon X may even interest me more, even if they're shown less. The Tony Stark ending tale held the most promise but was a little disappointing, although the ending of it rocked in a haunting note. Humor is again rich with Morph, romance of a dark sort exists amongst some characters, and there's a loss already (depressing). Curious how they will exist without that person in the graphic novels to come.
Craig
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This continues to be my favorite series of this modern x-book reading that I have undertaken.

There were a couple of moments (one in particular) in this volume that straight-up shocked me. The writing continues to be good and the art is good if lacking a little bit of punch.

Really, though, this is such a fun series. Certainly worth the read for an x-fan or a fan of the older What if comics.
Jedi Sunni
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I thought this was a pretty good book overall. The character development was a little weak, but the narration kept the story flowing smoothly. I was also impressed with the fact that there was more fighting and less politic. I didn't expect Weapon X to have such a big role in this book as well and that's what made just an average story for me. the ending was actually kind of weird and incomprehensible. my rating for this book is a 3.0 out of 5.0.
Adam
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Still telling good tells, though now without the great art of Mike McKone. Again, Calafiore does a great job, but it's not the same. I love Kev Walker's painted art in Magic: the Gathering, but his sequential stuff for comic books just isn't the same. The team loses a member, one that will surprise everyone.
Rhiannon
Mar 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
OK, so I love the Exiles, and really enjoyed their story here, but Weapon X continues to steal the show. Seriously - the evil Tony Stark vs. the Inhumans (and let's throw Weapon X into the mix) story is gold.
Centauri
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
the legacy virus planet, meh, whatever. the iron man story though. that was nuts! power hungry, power mad, power obsessed...I so can see stark like that. that alone made the read worth it...the rest was a waste of time
Angela
Aug 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another good outing with 2 stories, a legacy virus one, and a stark vs inhumans one. Some great moments,especially in the Stark storyline. Interesting that it is the Weapon X team not the Exiles in the 2nd story. A great read.
Mike
Oct 04, 2009 rated it it was ok
Just another post-modern twist on the "classic" (if pointless) What If? tales of the late 20th century Marvel canon. Not that interesting, mostly i think because of the interchangeable protagonists in these stories, coupled with some pretty average writing and stilted staging of most panels.
Molly
Apr 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
I love everything Marvel. The storylines are incredible! They have everything you could want: action, adventure, comedy, romance, political intrigue, allegories, metaphors, etc. Some stories drag, some end too soon.
M
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
An end of an era as the Exiles lose a famous face. The team must battle a world overrun by the technovirus plague, only to finally see a fan-favorite fall from the active roster. In order to build suspense, the Weapon X crew is back, under Gambit's leadership, in an excellent heist tale.
Jdetrick
Well, I won't be reading any more of these. It is a shame; this is a great concept with great characters, but the heavy incessant narration killed it.
Dustin
Sep 11, 2011 rated it liked it
The Exiles is a great series. I'd recommend it for fans of Marvel comics and What If fans.
Brad
Nov 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • X-Factor: The Only Game In Town
  • The Incredible Hercules: Secret Invasion
  • House of M: Mutopia X (District-X: House of M)
  • Ultimate Marvel Team-Up Ultimate Collection
  • New X-Men, Volume 4: Riot at Xavier's
  • Nova, Volume 2: Knowhere
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 3: World Tour
  • X-Posed (New X-Men: Academy X #3)
  • X-Men: Golgotha
  • X-Men: S.W.O.R.D.: No Time to Breathe
  • Fear Itself: Uncanny X-Force/The Deep
  • House of M: World of M, Featuring Wolverine
  • Thanos: Infinity Abyss
  • New Mutants Classic, Vol. 3
  • New X-Men: Childhood's End, Volume 5: Quest for Magik
Born February 12th, 1970 and raised on Long Island in New York, Judd began cartooning professionally at 16 with a single-paneled strip called Nuts & Bolts. This ran weekly through Anton Publications, a newspaper publisher that produced town papers in the Tri state area. He was paid 10 dollars a week.

In August of 1988, Judd began attending the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor bringing Nuts &am
More about Judd Winick...

The Exiles (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Exiles, Volume 1: Down the Rabbit Hole
  • Exiles - Volume 7: A Blink in Time
  • Exiles, Volume 8: Earn Your Wings
  • Exiles, Volume 9: Bump in the Night
  • Exiles, Volume 10: Age of Apocalypse
  • Exiles, Volume 11: Timebreakers (X-Men)