Start by marking “Exiles, Volume 2: A World Apart” as Want to Read:
Exiles, Volume 2: A World Apart

Exiles, Volume 2: A World Apart (The Exiles #2)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  269 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Deep in the Canadian outback lurks the gamma-spawned behemoth known as the Incredible Hulk, but can the reality-hopping Exiles and the Canadian super-team called Alpha Flight save an entire nation from the green goliath's rampage?
Published December 7th 2005 by Marvel (first published October 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Exiles, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exiles, Volume 2

Jen
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
All the romances in this second collection of Marvel's "Exiles" comics, which was fortunately understated such that none of them felt overwhelming or sappy. I still can't get over how round the animation is for these; it just looks...odd, to me, in a way for which I'm still searching for proper adjectives.

This is a good thing to read having seen "Thor: Ragnarok" because of its subplot regarding the superhero games--also, hello Bruce Banner! Welcome!

I must say I did not at all see the point of t
Patrick
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved this volume.

On top of me enjoying the living' heck out of the concept in general, there were some many nice character moments and artistic choices within these pages.

There was a silent issue. No dialogue.

There was a greater narrative introduced outside of the alternate realities.

There was a big ol' battle we'd never see in the 616.

And...so...much...character building. Individuals, romantic coupling, and team-building.

All of this is done in an art style and tone that is right
Craig
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Continuing the great x-book chronological read of '17...

This continues to be such a fun read, a great lowkey comic series (that promises with this volume to begin to be something a bit more...). Really looking forward to continuing the adventures of this group.
Fizzgig76
Reprints Exiles (1) #5-11. The Exiles are hopping worlds and adjusting to being a team. First they team with Alpha Flight to take down the Hulk but don't realize that that they are being followed by another team of Exiles known as Weapon X. Then, Earth has been overtaken by Skrulls and the Exiles are thrust into a gladiator battle and the liberation of Earth could cost the Exiles another member.

Written by Judd Winick and illustrated by Mike McKone adn Jim Calafiore, Exiles 2: A World Apart follo
Adam
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is where the series really gets going. It manages to keep the same overall quality of the previous volume. Winick is still telling fun stories, Mike McKone is a good as ever. Jim Calafiore does a good job filling in, but I just don't like his art as much. He can tell a story, though, and that counts for a lot. This volume contains a very emotional scene regarding Nocturne and Thunderbird. It's handled just about perfectly. Well done Winick.
Holden Attradies
I'm happy to find this read is just as good as the series goes along. The reality jumping plot device took a bit of a back seat for character exploration in this volume. It also saw the death and replacement of yet another member of the partner (will this be a regular occurrence?) as well as one member getting pregnant. It will be very interesting seeing how that plays out.
Molly
Apr 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
I love everything Marvel. The storylines are incredible! They have everything you could want: action, adventure, comedy, romance, political intrigue, allegories, metaphors, etc. Some stories drag, some end too soon.
Blake Larson
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Volume 2 in this series continues the fun as it takes on missions including the Hulk, Skrulls, and even Galactus. Judd Winick really makes these characters fun, (even if Morph is a little TOO comedic). Great series to read!
Angela
Aug 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Exiles keep jumping realities, and no character is safe. It gives a whole new side to Morph, and you actually start to understand why he always acts like a child. The skrull storyline, and the Alpha Flight one were good variations on a theme. A good read.
M
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The stakes are raised as our favorite reality-hopping heroes find themseelves behind some pretty big 8-balls - and not everyone gets out alive. The crew must not only face the might of an enraged Hulk, but also tackle the biggest enemy ever - the mighty Galactus!
Jdetrick
Much like the previous volumes there are some great scenes and wonderful ideas here, but the book continues to rely too heavily on narration, telling us things that the story should be showing us instead.
Jedi Sunni
Oct 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought that the story line was pretty good, but I don't like when it seems like a certain political agenda is being push. There was also to much sexuality were there should have been more action. Overall I give the book exactly 3.0 stars.
Dustin
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Exiles is one of the few X-titles that I enjoy. I'd recommend this.
Christian Smith
Apr 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Coming off from a great volume one, this one wasn't that great. It was kind of a repeat. And didn't really have anything going for it. Hopefully the series gets better.
Reggie Kray
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a fantastic series! Two MAJOR defeats in this volume!
Nick
Apr 13, 2015
Superlayo
Oct 03, 2015
  • X-Factor, Vol. 7:  Time and a Half
  • House of M: Mutopia X (District-X: House of M)
  • The Incredible Hercules: Secret Invasion
  • New X-Men, Volume 4: Riot at Xavier's
  • House of M: World of M, Featuring Wolverine
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 4: Hellfire and Brimstone
  • Ultimate Marvel Team-Up: Ultimate Collection
  • New X-Men: Childhood's End, Volume 1
  • Nova, Volume 2: Knowhere
  • Choosing Sides (New X-Men: Academy X #1)
  • Thanos: Infinity Abyss
Born February 12th, 1970 and raised on Long Island in New York, Judd began cartooning professionally at 16 with a single-paneled strip called Nuts & Bolts. This ran weekly through Anton Publications, a newspaper publisher that produced town papers in the Tri state area. He was paid 10 dollars a week.

In August of 1988, Judd began attending the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor bringing Nuts &am
More about Judd Winick

The Exiles (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Exiles, Volume 1: Down the Rabbit Hole
  • Exiles - Volume 7: A Blink in Time
  • Exiles, Volume 8: Earn Your Wings
  • Exiles, Volume 9: Bump in the Night
  • Exiles, Volume 10: Age of Apocalypse
  • Exiles, Volume 11: Timebreakers (X-Men)