Start by marking “Where is Jake Ellis?” as Want to Read:
Where is Jake Ellis?

Where is Jake Ellis?

(...Jake Ellis? #2)

Jon Moore and Jake Ellis are back! The sequel to the Eisner-nominated Who is Jake Ellis? finds the American spy now without his invisible guide, but their enemies are still after them. Where is Jake, and will Jon find him in time to stop The Facility from furthering their designs?

Collecting: Where Is Jake Ellis? 1-5
Paperback, Trade, 124 pages
Published February 3rd 2016 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Where is Jake Ellis?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where is Jake Ellis?

Start your review of Where is Jake Ellis?
Sesana
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
(Received from Netgalley for review.)

Disappointing, after the first volume. This one felt far less polished, and the characters seemed somewhat dumbed down. Jon in particular makes incredibly foolish mistakes early on. Yes, I know that Jake was always the brains of the operation, but he does something that's so jaw-droppingly absurd that it took me out of the story. Because, under these circumstances, why would you ever approach an American embassy for help? What happens is exactly what you
Anthony
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: image, digital
Managed to explain very little and not be as good as the first at the same time. Disappointing.
Adam  McPhee
May 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, spy-thriller
It's not as fun as its predecessor, Who is Jake Ellis?, but it had a few interesting twists, like the guy with his eyes sewn shut and the ending. The action wasn't always as great as the original, but when it's on form it's some of the best in comics. There's a real sense of place, I guess you'd call it, and emphasis on what's happening, the antithesis of the shaky, handheld action camera that's prevalent in movies.
Brendan
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Didn't get much information and was really one dimensional with its storytelling. I enjoyed the first chapter but this slipped very early and never recovered. I hope they decide to conclude the story with the next chapter or if they decide to do another chapter. This was a big disappointment from a story perspective, just didn't do anything worthy to the characters.
Gavin
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Yawn. Lazy writing ruins the first volume.
Sean
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Good question
The follow-up to the first Jake Ellis mystery isn't as polished as the first. As Jon and Jake work to figure out how and why they're in the situation they're in, readers are left scratching their heads. While the action and premise are really good the plot gets a little jumbled. The "why's" are stretched pretty thin. The art was good but the lettering wasn't as smooth as it could have been. Overall, the book lost out on the potential it showed last volume.
Ryan
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: recommended
Happy to say the story was concluded well in this second volume. Only thing different about this graphic novel is that we have the same artist, but his lines look different. Maybe they used another inker. So that's not as consistent as part one, but still nice are nonetheless.
Will Cooper
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Less interesting follow up to a cool spy in your head premise.
Jason Scott
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
nails the landing, although I wish there was more to this series.
Khrail
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What!?! The story intensifies, I just love the thrill and suspense. In all, I love the whole book as a whole. WE/I WANT BOOK 3!!!
Ozro Davis
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
It's basically Bourne with a sci-fi flare. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just feels like very familiar ground. The writing is strong and elevated by outstanding art from art with a fantastic color palette from Tonči Zonjić. "Who is Jake Ellis?" was a five star spy comic, and this is a solid enough follow up, but doesn't reach the heights of the former.
Paul Franco
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
A graphic novel with two stories that eventually converge. In one, a tough guy in Bangkok is hiding out, while in the other an amnesiac in a German lab is wanted by every US agency, including DARPA; they dont often get mentioned, so good for them.
Did not know going in that there was a previous volume, which would have been a big help. As far as I can make out, the amnesiac is not only in telepathic contact with the other guy, but he can tell him how to escape traps and which way to go without
Wayne McCoy
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Where is Jake Ellis' by Nathan Edmondson with art by Tonci Zonjic is a continuation of a story told in a previous graphic novel. As a reviewer, some times we don't get to read the previous issues. I was able to catch on with this, but I recommend starting at the beginning.

Jon Moore is an analyst with an alphabet organization. He finds himself in the field and on the run because of a program that has him linked mentally (?) with Jake Ellis. But now Jake has gone dark to Jon. Without Jake, Jon is
Joseph
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although this follow up to Who is Jake Ellis? isn't quite as gripping (we sorta know the reason behind the mystery of Jake), I still found very entertaining and exciting to read. Ex-CIA analyst Jon is on the run from a mysterious group that had him in their grips for a long time, and finds himself making some very big mistakes along the way. The bad guys are on his tail, and along the way he has to make some hard choices. Jake, on the other hand, is trying to figure out where his place is, and ...more
Katherine
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
When I found Where is Jake Ellis years ago I absolutely loved it. Learning that Edmundson had written further on it had me a overjoyed and I am so glad that I was finally able to get my hands on a copy to read!

This part of the series picks up a year after the fifth chapter. Things in that year have not gone particularly well for either Jake or Jon, and it turns out that The Facility has not lost interest in them in that time. They have come to collect their errant experiments, and will not have
47Time
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-thriller
This volume may be more impressive than the first. We get some insight into how Jon and Jake are able to communicate. The rest is a bit of planning and a lot of shooting. This would make a pretty good movie given the almost non-stop action.

The second arc begins explosively with Jon being found by very professional-looking armed people. The training he got while working with Jake in his head is the only thing keeping him alive. In the meantime Jake wakes up and is questioned by all manner of
Theediscerning
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Even without the first volume ever having crossed my path, this was enjoyable. The mysterious adventures of a government field agent and his psychic connection to another, with a lot of foresight among his talents, is quite a rollicking little thriller read together with the establishing book this must be great fun. It's not a hundred per cent convincing, but only on side issues did I question things. I could let the concept, which is borne very well, run proceedings, and said proceedings are ...more
Chad
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
The first volume was far superior. This volume has devolved into a "The CIA is out to get me" chase movie. What made the first volume so great was that it was an extrapolation of real experiments the CIA conducted back in the 70's. Also flipped back and forth in the story timeline in a way that made it very confusing.

Received an advance copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Gryffin
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Won from a goodreads giveaway
Excellent artwork, I loved the style
It did a good job of tying up any loose ends while leaving room for any possible future books, although the ending did leave some more to be desired.
I would overall highly recommend it for those who enjoyed the first book
Jason Ragle
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great spy/espionage story that runs similarly to the Bourne books, but with an interesting twist. Both books in this series (the first being Who is Jake Ellis?) have taut writing and open, yet detailed artwork.
Garrison
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Certainly not as strong as the first trade, but I really like the chase Edmondson can write. I don't think Mollie or Dawid were really integrated well, but it was an interesting read that left questions left unanswered.
Cynthia A
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Cynthia A by: walkstexas@gmail.com
Shelves: won-books-read
This is the continuing saga of Jon Moore who talks to his imaginary friend Jake Ellis. Wait, is he imaginary!!! Must read to find out.

I loved the artwork.

I won this as a free giveaway on Goodreads.
Glenn
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Very satisfying wrap-up(?) to "Who is Jake Ellis?", and well worth the 5 year wait. (I'm so glad I chose to wait for the trade rather than buy the single issues!)
Melissa
Fun and engaging, like action/spy TV. It's not ground-breaking, but I'd definitely read the next installment.
Kenny
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Espionage at its most thrilling and intriguing.
Jay Bullman

• Tosca des Bois, #2
  • Tosca des Bois #3
  • Tosca (Tosca, #1)
  • Wilson
  • Ghosted, Vol. 2: Books of the Dead (Ghosted, #2)
  • Ghosted, Vol. 3: Death Wish (Ghosted, #3)
  • Ghosted, Vol. 1: Haunted Heist
  • High Heaven: The Austerity Gospel
  • Der nasse Fisch
  • Un lavoro vero
  • The Superior Foes of Spider-Man Omnibus
  • Star Wars: The Legends of Luke Skywalker: The Manga
  • Joker: Killer Smile #2 (of 3)
Comic book and screenwriter Nathan Edmondson is a native of Augusta, GA. His Eisner-nominated book Who Is Jake Ellis? will soon be a major motion picture from 20th Century Fox, and The Activity film will come soon from Paramount Pictures. NPR has listed his work among the Top 6 Comics to Draw You In and USA Today and CNN are among those who have listed him in their Top 10 lists.

Nathan currently