Start by marking “Miss Scandalous: Miss Scandalous Shaw Family Saga, Book 2” as Want to Read:

(Shaw Family Saga #2)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
A mother’s love vs. A daughter’s revenge. Charlene Shaw has gone through hell. She was raped and left for dead, yet she continued on her quest for fame. She’s a beautiful, desired actress who has found her Mr. Wright. According to the magazine headlines, her life is perfect. There’s just one thing her heart cries for…her daughter, Raven. This might be her hardest challenge ...more
Published March 1st 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Miss Scandalous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Scandalous

Krystal Milton
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
DWED Reviews Miss Scandalous by Nicole Dunlap

Rating: ***** 5 stars

While I did not get to read book 1 Miss Nobody in the Shaw family series, I did love Miss Scandalous. I can honestly say that even if you do not get to read the first book, it is all neatly wrapped in pretty pink foil paper in Book 2. Nicole has made it very easy to understand the progression of storyline and characters into this new installment of the Shaw Family Series.

It wasn’t hard to grasp the oil & vinegar relationship b
Arlena
Author: Nicole Dunlap
Published By: N.D.
Age Recommended: Adult
Review By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5

Review:

"Miss Scandalous" by Nicole Dunlap was a wonderful well written novel with drama,family saga that was the sequel to 'Miss Nobody.' If you haven't had a chance to read it please do even thought "Miss Scandalous" does stand alone being a good read all by itself. Where do I start...well Ms. Dunlap has only done it again giving the reader a excellent read. We see from this novel that Raven, her grandmo
Sistar Tea
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dysfunctional Is The Word.

They are back, the wacky, crazy family I have grown to love. It’s four years later and they’re still up to their same tricks with some new ones. Raven is now a single mother of Royale and has decided to move to Dallas, Texas for a fresh start. Her granny goes with her to give her a hand. Unbeknownst to her the one person she running from, Jon Debios, is in Dallas too and it won't be long before their paths cross.

Jon is shocked to learn that Raven had their child and no
Beth
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss Scanalous was a fast paced, well rounded book. Dunlap did it again--she sucked me into the world of the Shaw women, and left me exhausted from all the twists and turns. A fun read that left me wanting more....
Pat Garcia
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I read Miss Nobody, the first book in the Shaw Family Saga, by author Nicole Dunlap, I was not prepared for the ending. It shocked me. One of the protagonists was left alone with an unborn child that had not yet entered into the world. She was hit with the reality that the faith she had placed in one man had been quickly shattered by envy and hate.

The lives of these two young people, twisted and tainted with lies, were clothed in incest––but did the falsehood have validity? A curve ball m
T. Beasley
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this new installment in the Shaw series, Miss Scandalous by Nicole Dunlap, readers are re-introduced to Raven Shaw, now a single-mother trying to forget her past. Raven has been through a lot especially finding out the man she loved was her half-brother, Jon. Who can get over that news? Raven moves to Dallas to start over and is doing well until she finds out that Jon Dubois is currently living in the same city. Raven believes she has gotten over losing Jon and the love she never received fro ...more
Judy
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss Scandalous by Nicole Dunlap
The Shaw Family Saga Book 2
This books starts out about four years after Miss Nobody ends. Raven Shaw is raising her daughter, Royael, with Granny Annette. Raven is still full of anger and revenge. It’s hard for her to get past having a friendship with any guy because she always compares them to Jon Dubois. And there are the nightmares because of the crime she committed and has to live with.

Charlene has been clean all this time and is going to marry Damien Wright.
OOSA
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Welcome Back

In “Miss Nobody,” Raven found out the man she loved, Jon Dubois, was her half-brother. She is now a single mother. She moved to Dallas to start anew and raise her daughter, Royael. Little does she know, Jon is in Dallas. He's still in love with her. When he learns about Raven keeping their child, he's determined to be a part of their lives. Jon's grandmother, Estella, comes for a visit. Is there a motive for her visit?

Charlene, Raven's mother, has been clean and is now married to Dam
Christoph Fischer
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Miss Scandalous: Miss Scandalous Shaw Family Saga, Book 2" by Nicole Dunlap sees single mother Raven struggling with pain, abandonment, lust for revenge and all day life. Meanwhile, the mother who abandoned her, is getting married and wants to put the past to rest.
Rape and incest have left their mark on the Shaw family and bring a huge range of problems, intrigue and emotions.
This is an unpredictable roller coaster of a book with strong character development that has cleverly set up its plot an
Lamarr
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Dunlap does it, yet again, with the continual family saga of the Shaw family. It is time for Raven and Charlene to face the demons that entrap them into the vicious cycles of separation. As Charlene shows advances towards progress with her daughter, Raven saunters between forgiveness versus betrayal and truth versus deception. Will she heed to healing? Or will she fold to the pain that accompanies the process of it? This sequel will pull you even closer, upfront and personal. You will exper ...more
Sheri
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
By Nicole Dunlap

This is the story of three Shaw women, Annette, Charlene and Raven. Grandmother, Mother and Daughter. It tells of the relationship between the three women. Filled with emotion and secrets, secrets & more secrets.

Miss Scandalous is a great read with true to life conflict and love between mother & daughter. Fast paced page turner. I could not put it down.

I probably should have read book one first, but I have no prob
African Americans on the Move Book Club
Nicole Dunlap, excellent job. 'Miss Scandalous' is brimming with anger, deceit and emotionally damaged people who are full of fear and uncertainty. Taking this journey, you will see that each character has the opportunity to learn from past mistakes and the struggle it takes to make the right decision in the end, knowing that if you allow fear to rule your life you can never move forward.

AL Barron
AAMBC Reviewer

Tamela Miles
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Miss Scandalous has many twists and turns, which kept me hooked from page one. Raven is so deliciously vindictive but vulnerable, as she strives to be the mother to her child that her mother wasn't to her. Dunlap beautifully paints the pain of a daughter's rejection and the fall-out for all that it causes. The story she tells is dramatic but real and never overly melodramatic. The book is lengthy but worth the read.
Hyacinth
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, refer
Buy the book and read it for yourself. This is the kind of stuff movies and miniseries are made of. I am just not happy to have to wait for the next book in the series. I had no problem keeping up with each frustrated character. I received a call from North Carolina, because I was so caught up in the story line I didn't answer because for a minute I thought it was Jon, lol!
Wanda
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read in the Shaw Family Saga! This book answers questions from book one. There's drama, mystery, romance and mental issues. Miss Scandalous is definitely a page turner & I can't wait to read book 3 this summer/fall.
Melissa Nicole Burnett
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This series just keeps getting better, Miss Scandalous was great! Looking forward to reading Miss Perfect when it's released. Excellent storyline!
Victoria Johnson
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fiction
omg this was so good.....please. hurry up with miss perfect I am dying to know what was in that box....
Vanessa
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
this was a good read, I just don't like how the ending left too many unanswered questions
Shelley Brown-chillous
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the next book to be released
Neesha Hosein
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Raven found her mom after a lifetime of rumors, taunting and wondering who Charlene Shaw really was. The reunion wasn't all that she'd hoped for. It seems as though no one is truly who you think they are in this story ... until you keep reading. Everyone has a skeleton or two in their closet. I love how Dunlap sprinkles in the surprise plot twists gradually. Even the grandmother has a dark secret. In was heavily guarded in book 1, but now she sees how it is tearing her family apart, and she's re ...more
Arlena
Author: Nicole Dunlap
Published By: N.D.
Age Recommended: Adult
Review By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Review:

"Miss Scandalous" by Nicole Dunlap was a wonderful well written novel and was the sequel to 'Miss Nobody.' If you haven't had a chance to read it please do even thought Miss Scandalous does stand alone to be a good read all by itself. Where do I start...well Ms. Dunlap has only done it again giving the reader a excellent read. We see from this novel that Raven, her grandmother(Annette) and granddau
Bee L. Kirk
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First Miss Nobody took me for a ride of hope, sadness and mischief. Next, Miss Scandalous evokes the passion of forbidden love, deception and the yearning to do better. Raven is constantly at battle with her mind and her heart. Wanting the best for her daughter, Royeal, all the while plotting against the man who helped bring her life to fruition.

The exotic, well rounded and established Jon, Raven’s Love, is who she desires but at what cost? Choosing Love or Revenge is her plight and living with
Brittany Carter
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nicole has done it again! This book is hot from beginning to end! Miss Scandalous is an excellent sequel to Miss Nobody. This book is very dramatic and keeps you wanting to read more and more. I absolutely loved this book! It kept me on the edge the entire time! Nicole truly has the gift of creating in-depth characters within her books. She is such a talented author and her excellent writing skills and vivid imagery bring so much life into the story. I have been impatiently waiting to find out i ...more
Sheena at Hot Eats and Cool Reads

I just love when you finish the second book in a series, and it's just as good as the first. That's the case with Miss Scandalous. Raven and Charlene are back again, with more drama and heartache. This book sucks you in from the beginning, and once again I couldn't put it down. I love how Nicole's writing and characters are so real. You feel a wide range of emotions when reading about their life, and wonder if things will ever be "normal" for them, after a
Janice Ross
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Miss Scandalous" is an emotional ride with so much drama & pain; happiness is short-lived, sadness is almost a daily promise. I initially felt sorry for Raven, but empathy towards her is gone. She has got me so angry with her nonsense. I want her to be happy, yet all she craves is a pity party. Charlene & Annette have come a long way in their relationship, Raven needs to catch up.

I needed to rant a bit about this emotional read. Nicole cooked up another superb read! The Shaw family seri
Rosetta
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Addicted

You will love this story! The follow-up to Miss Nobody; this book picks up about 4 years later. We get to see read the outcome of what happens to Charlene, Jon, and of course Raven.

I gave it a 4 out of 5 mainly because I found some of the story repeated over and over. I found myself skipping pages when Raven went into her rants. The characters come off the pages and you feel like your in the room with them as there sharing there souls with each other.

There were short reminders about eve
Natasha Yvonne
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Book Two" to the Shaw Family Saga has been my favorite. Dunlap does an awesome job in Book 1 with setting up the story line. This author did a great job in creating an interesting, juicy, and drama filled story that kept me wanting more and more. The book also made me laugh out loud several times. The story was so suspenseful and I just cannot believe the ending!!!! Not to give too much info...it's a must read and I HIGHLY recommend this book!!!
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)
Nicole Dunlap has a knack for creating characters that leave an impression. I really liked the next installment of this saga. The Shaw women still make me cry, laugh, and gasp out loud as they get themselves into trouble over and over again but still have the capacity to love with all their hearts. I really had fun reading Miss Scandalous, and I can't wait to read what Dunlap has in store for us next.
Tina
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that I enjoyed this more than Miss Nobody. I'm glad that I finally got hip to Nicole Dunlap. You are a very talented writer. You could give The Young & The Restless some ideas! On to book Three!
Kenechi Udogu
I'm so pleased this lived up to the brilliance of book one. Once again Nicole Dunlap packed a lot into her story. Deceit, romance, suspense and lots and lots of Shaw women. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a great dramatic romance.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Lovely Essence Bo...: Giveaway 2 13 Nov 19, 2013 09:00PM
The Urban Fiction...: Giveaway FREE Paperback 1 14 Apr 18, 2013 10:27AM
African Americans...: Giveaway 1 6 Apr 18, 2013 10:25AM
Street Lit Corner: Giveaway 1 18 Apr 18, 2013 10:16AM
Advanced Copies f...: Paperback giveaway for Miss Scandalous ends 4/12/13 1 8 Apr 10, 2013 12:11PM
Goodreads Librari...: Picture for paperback 2 24 Apr 09, 2013 01:30PM
  • Finding Sanity
  • Torn Between a Goon and a Gangsta 2
  • Money Is King
  • Is IT A Crime
  • In Our House: Perception Vs Reality
  • Damaged
  • When Memories Fade (Victory Gospel Series, #2)
  • Jaded (The Butterfly Memoirs #2)
  • One By One
  • The Impostor (The Alaskan Heart Saga, #1)
  • Inside Rain
  • The Other Side of Goodness
  • A Madaris Bride for Christmas
  • Kitty-Kitty, Bang-Bang
  • Crosshairs (A Rainey & Levine Thriller #2)
  • Scraps of Paper (Spookie Town Murder Mystery, #1)
  • A Fem's Playground
  • Every Woman Has a Price
Love reading... romance, suspense, BWWM, street lit/urban hood fiction. But nothing tops drama

Shaw Family Saga (3 books)
  • Miss Nobody (Shaw Family Saga, Book 1)
  • Miss Perfect