Start by marking “A Wild Ride (The Bullriders, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Wild Ride (The Bullriders, #1)

A Wild Ride

(The Bullriders #1)

Dante Rivers just lost the rodeo by two one hundredths of a point: he’s frustrated as hell, needs to get laid, and he knows just where to go. That night he meets Ryan Abbott and catches his eye—Ryan watched the rodeo and is still riding high on the rush. The chemistry between them ignites, but Dante, unable to deal with complications, leaves while Ryan’s asleep.

Ryan figur
Published April 8th 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published April 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Wild Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wild Ride

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**3.5 stars**

This was a very sweet romance by new-to-me author Andrew Grey. It has a lot of stuff in it that I usually enjoy. Cowboys? Check! BDSM? Check! Believable romance? Check? So why didn't I adore this one? I think it comes down to the fact that it felt sort of wishy-washy to me at times. There were whole plot elements that sort of faded out or were ignored that I wanted answers to.

1) The BDSM element of the story. I actually had no clue from the blurb that this book would have anything b
Candice
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot, cowboy
A great cover and a story about cowboys, well that pretty much guaranteed I was going to read this one as soon as I could and I was not disappointed in the story at all. Ryan and Dante were great characters and definitely hot together. Dante had issues that seemed to fit with the cowboy imagine that he really needed to overcome, and I liked how even though he needed the control, it still was an equal relationship between these two. My only issue was Ryan's past, and not enough was really told or ...more
Nic
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story of Dante, a bull rider who is juggling so much in his life (nearing the end of his career, looking after his ill grandfather and hiding his sexual identity) and Ryan, who has been struggling with his own sexual leanings.

Ryan is openly gay but an event in his past means he has been leading a 'vanilla' sex life. He meets Dante in a bar and immediately knows that they each have something the other wants (I am not exactly sure what Ryan saw in Dante that made him think th
Trisha Harrington
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cowboys, loved
A Wild Ride is a suitable title for this book. Ryan and Dante were really good together and I enjoyed this book. It has BDSM but don't let that put you off. It was mild and not at all like some of the BDSM books out there. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. So much more and I can't begin to say how good this book was.

Ryan and Dante as a couple was just right. It was nice to see how the BDSM did not stop them from switching in the book. An added bonus was the fact it didn't spill into
Awilk -never sleeps-
3.5 Stars

Andrew Grey wrote a book that captured me from the get go. He gave me everything I want in a romance. The two MC's were great. They both had to give what the other needed, and they blended together beautifully.

The pace was fast but not rushed. It had a very realistic feel about it. He didn't ignore the truth of how hard it would be for a bull rider to be openly gay, and the trials that would come from that. The steam between the MC's was palpable, but the writing didn't go for over the
V
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh Andrew, you made this reader very happy.
The plot, the Characters, the sex scenes, found everything I needed here.
This is one of the reasons I read M/M stories, perfection!!!
Debra
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this story about bull rider Dante and financial advisor Ryan. After losing the bull riding championship Dante meets and spends the night with Ryan. Ryan sees what Dante needs and his dominant personality in bed makes Dante question whether he can handle what Ryan makes him feel. Added to family troubles and the possibility of losing his sponsorships, every aspect of Dante's life is thrown into question.

Well written story line, good secondary characters and great chemistry between the two
SoCalBookReviews
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio_owned
This book was a great start to the Bullriders Series by Andrew Grey. I’ve read this series previously, but when I saw it was in an Audio version as well I decided to give it a listen. John Solo did such a great job giving these two characters (and their friends and family) a voice. I really had fun listening to this one, and getting a different take on this book than I did from just reading it. The audio narration was perfect and I was happy to hear how it turned out. I look forward to hearing t ...more
Serena Yates
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
A Wild Ride is the perfect title for this story – because the main character faces an uphill battle to win the rodeo, and because both main characters don’t have an easy relationship, but one that contains obstacles in every area imaginable. From health issues, to homophobic villains, to attacks and inner doubts, they face it all. And yet, the connection and chemistry between Dante, the rodeo rider, and Ryan, the stock broker from Houston, is hot enough to burn the sheets, and they're both stubb ...more
Cindi
Full review can be found at On Top Down Under Book Reviews.

Dante is a bull rider a year away from retirement. He knows he's at an age to retire but he wants that elusive championship under his belt first. While not competing, he takes care of his ailing grandfather, Hy. After losing a competition by a fraction of a point, he goes to a bar and ends up meeting and hooking up with Ryan Abbott. Ryan brings out things that Dante has long tried to suppress and it scares him. Ryan is scared too but for
Vivian
Apr 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fr, romance-contemp
Dante's use to being thrown and laid out flat by bulls, but Ryan is nothing like work.

These two are hot together. Ryan is loving, strong and commanding enough to help Dante.

Dante's struggle to accept what he wants with his idea of what a man, a bull rider is the challenge. The impact of public perception and sponsorship in the homophobic world of competitive rodeo has meant he's kept things quiet, but Ryan can read him loud and clear. This story seems to flip through the Gay Men's Horror Handboo
Catherine Wolfe
I confess I usually read Andrew Grey as occasional relief or change from the longer angstfests I most often enjoy. I find Grey light and fluffy; a good read at the beach or to curl up in bed with when I'm feeling under the weather. Nothing disparaging meant by that, as I have found his writing until now to be competent, with interesting characters and engaging story lines.

I am not certain where this novel went wrong, at least for me. Out of the two main characters, I did like Dante, the bull rid
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Dante the Bull Rider who is used to always being in control of every situation. Ryan the numbers guy who has been trying to push back his need for being the one in charge..in the bedroom.

These two sure do know how to burn up the sheets or the barn as sometimes the case may be! The story was good but I felt that the characters were lacking a little something to make them stand out against all other characters. I still enjoyed them tho!

Roger - president of NBR United -
Dante Reese is a closeted bull rider who came just .02 point away from winning the national championship. He meets Ryan Abbott in a bar not far from where the championship took place. Ryan take control of the bedroom situation and Dante get spooks thinking that make him not a man much of the angst in this story is both men's belief that a real man doesn't need help or surrender control. sometimes I just wanted to slap them silly to get over themselves.
Fernanda Parente
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
amazing book and great characters. loved it
Zainab
Oct 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
*sigh*
That was beautiful.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
**4.5 stars** Narrator John Solo

Typical of Andrew Grey, this story had an underlying sweetness to it, even though the MC was a macho bull rider. Dante was a great character who snagged my heart with his need to let go of control to the young man he meets at a bar the night he loses first place at the championship event. Ryan, a financial advisor, was there that night simply because he accompanied his friend Jacky, and little did he know that the good-looking cowboy he takes to his bed is famous.
Crissy Morris
5 stars

Review originally written for Joyfully Jay

“He didn’t need me to push his limits. What he needed was someone else to be in control. So I deprived him of some of his senses and allowed him to just feel with the others. It was sensual, hot, and incredibly erotic.”

And it was. This book, a new adventure by Andrew Grey, is incredibly sensual, hot, and erotic – at least the characters and the story of their relationship are. A Wild Ride has renewed my love for this author’s works. Not to say tha
Dillwynia Peter
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I like to read something "light" between some serious literature - I also get periods when I want to read gay fiction. This book fitted the bill for this week.

I was surprised at the quality of the writing! Normally, these things are so trashy, I just get really REALLY grumpy & make snarky comments.

The cover is very misleading. For a start both men have hairy chests in the text.The story is very believable - rodeo riding leads itself to homoeroticism: muscular men doing outdoorsy stuff &
April
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dante, a Bull-rider in TX has they typical problems being gay but sort of DADT as far as his sponsor, fellows and fans go. After a frustrating ride for the championship he craves release and distraction and finds Ryan. Ryan has only gone to the rodeo to celebrate his friend's birthday. He's totally not a fan, but the intense, wound-up Dante appeals to his own deep needs. There's a bit of D/s thrown in, which is sexy, but also makes our bull-rider shy.

I'm not usually a fan of cowboy themes, but
Leanne Crabtree
DNF @ 65%.

If I'm going to be brutally honest, I'll say my enjoyment of this book ended about a third of the way through. I don't know if it was the bull riding--though considering I like to read about cowboys that seems unlikely--or the money worries that bored me but after the first sex scene and the subsequent meeting I just lost interest in it all.

I wanted more of the attraction and relationship between the two main characters and I felt it was lacking in some parts. I felt the book concentr
Samantha
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars

While I liked this book, I didn't love it. The writing was lovely, but I just struggled to get into it. That's not to say I wouldn't suggest giving it a go, because while it wasn't that awesome for me, you may thoroughly enjoy it.
Pebbles1374
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it
TracyG.
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I love this type of book. Andrew Grey nailed it.
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Omg a new cowboy book!!!!
Whahoo can't wait to read this
Penumbra
A Wild Ride is the story of Dante Rivers a bull rider and Ryan Abbott. This is told in third person from both Dante and Ryan’s pov.
2.5 Stars
(view spoiler)
Shee Reader
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Wild Ride by Andrew Grey (Audiobook) Narrated by John Solo

Reviewed by Shee Reader for Boy Meets boy reviews.

Find us on the web at boymeetsboyreviews.com

Rating 4.5 Hearts

Dante Rivers just lost the rodeo by 2 100ths of a point and he’s furious. He goes to the nearest bar where he can find a guy and get laid. He meets Ryan Abbotts and they catch each other’s eye. There is pool, flirting and eventually a trip to the hotel. Ryan gives Dante just what he needs, but the bull rider can’t cope with th
Arlyn
This book was a surprise. There were a lot of unexpected moments and interesting nuances throughout the story and subtle power shifts between the two MCs. This book had a "bdsm"tag, which always makes me leery... I like fun, loving, dirty sex that is pleasure oriented. I have no desire to read about sex that incorporates pain, humiliation, mind games, power trips, manipulation, implements of punishment and dungeons. I recognize and respect that this is a personal choice between two consenting ad ...more
Cathy Brockman
Audio Review
Dante is a bull rider and usually in control of his life. That is until he meets Ryan. He never dreamed he would like to be dominated but the way Ryan handles him balances him and relaxes him yet scares him to death causing him to flee. But life brings them back together when his Grandfather Hy hires Ryan's company to help him settle some affairs.

I loved this book but I am a sucker for a cowboy and Dante was sexy as hell. I also like a touch of surprise and that's what I got with the
Alexis Woods
Sweet, low angst cowboy love story. After Dante's loss in the championships, he hooks up with Ryan. Weeks later they meet again, and while sparks fly, Dante pushes him away. What follows is pretty predicatable, but there's some fun stuff and excellent side characters add a great third dimension to the storyline. (Probably what I like best about Mr. Grey's stories is the well developed side characters.)
Although we get a great HEA, the ending felt weak to me - and I really mean the end, like the
« previous 1 3 next »
Dreamspinner Press: A Wild Ride by Andrew Grey 1 11 Apr 08, 2013 11:35AM

• Home Sweet Home (Home #5)
  • Inherit the Sky (Lang Downs, #1)
  • Pickup Men (Pickup Men, #1)
  • New York Cowboy
  • My Cowboy Heart (The Cowboys, #1)
  • Crooked Tree Ranch (Montana, #1)
  • No Commitment Necessary (Encounters, #2)
  • Love, Like Water
  • Bullheaded
  • Cowboy Waltz (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana related)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Chaps and Hope (Mossy Glenn Ranch, #1)
  • My Only Sunshine
  • Chase the Storm
  • Cowboys Down
  • The Ranch Foreman

m/m romance author

The Bullriders (3 books)
  • A Daring Ride (The Bullriders, #2)
  • A Courageous Ride (The Bullriders, #3)