Start by marking “Waiting for Nick (The Stanislaskis, #5)” as Want to Read:
Waiting for Nick (The Stanislaskis, #5)

Waiting for Nick

(The Stanislaskis #5)

Frederica Kimball had been waiting all her life...waiting to grow up...waiting to become a woman...waiting for the day when Nicholas LeBeck would fall as desperately in love with her as she had always been with him.

Now, at last, she was ready!

Nick didn't know what hit him. Sweet, adorable Freddie, whom he'd always loved like a kid sister, was suddenly looking and acting

Published October 25th 2004 by Silhouette Special Edition (first published March 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for Nick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for Nick

Start your review of Waiting for Nick (The Stanislaskis, #5)
jenjn79
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series / favorite author
This is one of my favorite Nora Roberts books to go back and reread when I want a good dose of sweet romance. I just really enjoy all parts of this book. I think part of that is the fact that Freddie and Nick aren't new characters. Freddie was first introduced in Taming Natasha (Stanislakis #1) and Nick in Falling For Rachel (Stanislaskis #3). It's great to see how the characters have grown up and are now finding their own loves. I especially enjoyed seeing Nick become a happy man after having ...more
Amanda
I reread this book for August's TBR Challenge, which is "Kicking It Old School."

The only criteria for 'old school' here was being published 10+ years ago, so that opens up so many possibilities. I had a whole list of books I probably 'should' have read by now or ones I wanted to read, but my library kind of sucks when it comes to availability and there's always a wait list, so honestly I ended up reading this because it's relatively short and it was available.

I am wary about reading or
Quinn's Book Nook
Not too long ago I posted a Top Ten Tuesday about my favorite books featuring musicians. And in that post, I mentioned Waiting for Nick by Nora Roberts, part of The Stanislaski series written quite a few years ago. And naturally, I just had to re-read Waiting for Nick and loved every minute of it.

Nick LeBeck is a composer for Broadway. He's successful, but he's had a troubled past (which you can learn about in Falling for Rachel), and has quite a chip on his shoulder because of his past. Nick's
Saly
Rating 3.5
I enjoyed this quite a bit, we met Nick when he was a teenage delinquent but now he's grown up and a composer and so is Freddie( the adorable six year old in Taming Natasha), who has been in love with him since forever. She moves to New York with a plan to make Nick fall for her, he's a composer and she a lyricist and she wants to make him see her as a woman, and Nick fights hard not to but ends up falling anyways. But Nick still carries a lot of baggage from his old days and messes
Juliana Philippa
3.5 stars. It was good; could have been a lot better if Freddie wasn't so immature and such a weird manipulating/stalker. She wasn't all bad, and I appreciated that throughout she was always giving Nick time and wasn't being pushy in that sense, but she was a bit over-the-top and some of her volatile reactions and actions seemed more like those of a 17- or 18-year-old, not a 25-year-old.

Nick overall was great; I always love the reformed bad boy (who doesn't?!). He also could have been more
Somia
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book/series of Roberts that I read a lot as a teen, and re-reading now I can say it remains overall an enjoyable read.

In this book Roberts gives us Nick LeBeck and Frederica (Freddie) Kimball. Nick I really, really liked as a character and he and Freddie overall work as a couple. As characters they come from different backgrounds, having to distinctly different pasts, Nick has an understanding/awareness of the world which is not as rosy as Freddie's - in part due to her privileged and cosseted
SassyLeg
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
An entertaining read but I think not the best by NR.
An unrequited love story: a quirky/sassy h in pursuit of a (former but not too much) bad boy.
He fights against the attraction for her with no chance of success...
There is humor, chemistry and a decent background story: they become business associates as composer/lyricist for a new musical.
I did not read the other stories in the series so I could not fully appreciate the hints to other
characters' stories in the mix.
Unfortunately I expected
Tami Winbush
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good as always

It was great to see Nick and Freddie together in this book. I was happy to see how well Nick had grown up. I was worried about him after Zack and Rachel's story unfolded.
Gabriella
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It’s always nice to re-read an old favourite and realize how much you still love it.
Pam
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Waiting For Nick is one of the Stanislawski Family series by Nora Roberts. As usual, Nora has made the characters and incidents flow logically and clearly.
Frederica (Freddie) Kimball always knew what she wanted and knew how to go about getting it- Usually she was successful. This time she has her work cut out. She is in New York City around relatives to again meet up with her cousin-by-marriage Nick Stanislawski. She wants to collaborate with him on the score of the newest film he is working.
Johara Almogbel
Jan 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Loved it, I'm a fan of the stanislaski series, Alex and Bess's story was my first ever romance novel! <3 (yes. i felt the need to punctuate that with a totally cheesy unnecessary heart:D)

Generally, if you've read the previous stories, then i have to admit it follows the same formula. Freddie was an interesting heroine, and Nick was your average angsty male protagonist. Actually, i think the auther put more into freddie's character than Nick's, but maybe because she figured out we'd already
Fernanda Leite
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Seriously. I love how Nora Roberts can build a relationship that makes you cry and laugh. Since the day I read Falling for Rachel, I wanted to see Freddie with Nick! BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT TO SEE ANOTHER FAMILY THAT I LOVE SO MUCH IN THE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to read Considering Kate, because than I'll know everything that happened with this amazing family!
Liz Boston
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was good, although I thought Nick sounded a little whiny.
Bithi
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good.
Genesis L.
Jan 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i thought this book was awesome!!!!!!!! It was the first Nora roberts story i read and i liked it so much that i started reading more of her books.
Maura
Femmelotje
May 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Let's start out positive: You fly through this book. It's easy to understand and a nice lighter read, which is great when you are - like I am right now - in a bit of a reading slump. But obviously I would've rated it more than two stars if I had actually enjoyed it, so here are some of my less positive thoughts.
For the majority of this book, I was just rolling my eyes at Freddie. She may think of herself as a Grown Woman who is Real Mature, but she reads like a 16-18 year old obsessed teenager.
Nan
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since this was in a playaway option I picked it up not knowing it was in a series but I hoped that as I continued to listen. The characters (the other family members) where just too rich of characters to not have their own stories. I look forward to reading the rest of these. It was a nice interesting tale but pretty sure she would have ended up dead. Where was the pepper spray, a knife or a gun if they were that concerned about her safety and where she lived. Also, WHERE was the ...more
Goya
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: russian
Enjoyed it, wasn't overly impressed. I love the whole clan, so I appreciate those glimpses more then the actual story line.

When they met up with the O'Hurley's I was SO confused by the detail Roberts put into the scene because I didn't realize there was a whole other series being connected there...not sure if I'll take that one on or not.

I'm debating whether or not to take on Stanislaski #6 because I feel like Nick/Freddie just brought everything full circle from the first book and Kate's
Connie S. Jones
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Waiting for Nick

Another good book by Nora ROberts but I can't remember ever reading a bad one. Freddie and Nick have been around together through family for a long time and Freddie has waited to play her plan out on Nick to make him love her and of course he not.having a family feels she deserves better. Good book
Pooja Ajmera
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Here's what I lived about the book:

-> The chemistry
-> Nick
-> Family Drama in between
-> Action in few chapters

This and everything I loved everything.

Just wanted epilogue to be little more and give us insight what will happen. Also certain times it became little predictable but pure romance held me up to the end with stars in my eyes
Stephanie
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Helped me get over the Paris Architect, and enjoyed Freddie's character and the large family fun...a little scary and rough, but glad that Freddie was able to take care of herself and of course a happy ending....good to have another series to get connected to the various characters and their love story.
Janeva Bledsoe
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romantic and sensual, heart warming and thrilling are only some of the emotions Nora Roberts writing evokes. Love stories that unfold, evolve and wrap you into their pages. No one does it better than Nora Roberts. She did it again!
Hope
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am totally enjoying this entire series! I'd read the first couple I'd books before but now I'm into ones I haven't read before.
This is such a wonderful story! I cannot wait to read more in the series!
Ruth Ellen
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fredericka has been in love with Nick since she was thirteen. Now,she is all grown up and out to get her man. She just has to convince him he needs her professionally as well as personally. Read and see how she does it. Love this series.
Sharon
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, family-saga
I love following the unruly Stanislaski clan. Frederica and Nick are the next generation of the story and their assorted siblings, aunts, and uncles make appearances. There is even a short tie-in with the O'Hurley's, an Irish family with several books devoted to them.
Tara
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a cute story, u want to find the others in this series unless there is only the two.
Susan
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!

Such a fun, romantic book. It was very enjoyable! I love the characters & following the family as they’ve grown.
Nancy
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good fast summer read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

The Stanislaskis (6 books)
  • Taming Natasha (The Stanislaskis, #1)
  • Luring a Lady (The Stanislaskis, #2)
  • Falling for Rachel (The Stanislaskis, #3)
  • Convincing Alex (The Stanislaskis, #4)
  • Considering Kate (The Stanislaskis, #6)
“theres only a little bit of that boy i got stuck with all those years ago left in there nick and its the best part” 2 likes
“Then again, she reminded herself, if she wanted Nick to take her seriously as a woman, she had to take herself seriously first.” 1 likes