Start by marking “The Book of Afformations: Discovering the Missing Piece to Abundant Health, Wealth, Love, and Happiness” as Want to Read:

Are you ready to join the Afformations revolution? One morning in 1997, college student Noah St. John was in the shower when he asked himself a question that changed his life: Why are we trying to change our lives saying statements we dont believe . . . when the human mind automatically responds to something even more powerful?
     Thats when he invented the stunningly
Published August 20th 2013 by Hay House (first published August 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Afformations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Afformations

Start your review of The Book of Afformations: Discovering the Missing Piece to Abundant Health, Wealth, Love, and Happiness
Heidi The Reader
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads. FTC guidelines: check!

The Book of Afformations isn't just another self help book putting forth the same old ideas of positive thinking, visualizations, and affirmations. Noah St. John has created a four part system to literally change the way you think, then act, and as a result, your life.

Step One: Ask yourself what you want, in all areas of your life. (A part of this stage is writing down all of the negative questions that you
Celia Conrad
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
I came across this book when I was looking for something else and I thought the title was rather intriguing and having read the blurb decided to buy a copy.

Noah St John takes positive thinking and affirmations to a whole new level with his book of afformations. The book is not a magic bullet. You do have to take action, having decided what you really want to achieve of course, and change your perception.

The book is certainly an easy read and definitely worth reading.
Chris Torretta
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it

I mostly enjoyed this book because the idea of positive thinking is one that I've been working on for years. When I started I noticed that I really didn't have ONE positive thought going through my head about my self, about my life, about everything. It is very difficult to live like that!

This starts by saying how are we supposed to just be happy with thoughts that are negating what we really think and feel? The examples for how to actually believe the afformations were easy to put into my life
Meagan
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Boiled down- for those that use affirmations or have thought about starting- This concept takes affirmations to the next level. Instead of using the affirmation I am loved and appreciated by family you would ask why and I loved and appreciated by my family. Instead of saying I make healthy eating choices everyday you would ask why do I make healthy eating choices everyday? Instead if I choose not to compare myself to others online you would ask why do I no longer compare myself? The point is ...more
GONZA
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I must admit that this book that turns positive affirmations in questions, is actually something different from the usual self-help manual based on positive psychology. Clear, with examples and exercises, it might be worth trying to read it seriously and see if it works.

Devo ammettere che questo libro che rigira le affermazioni positive in domande é effettivamente qualcosa di diverso dal solito manuale di auto aiuto basato sulla psicologia positiva. Chiaro, con esempi ed esercizi, potrebbe
Gianmichael Salvato

This week's book was an incredibly engaging and insightful book by Noah St. John, who is a highly sought after international business performance coach, who is probably best known for his frequent guest spots on such media outlets as CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, National Public Radio, Parade, Womans Day, Los Angeles Business Journal, The Washington Post, Chicago Sun-Times, Selling Power, Bottom Line Publications, and The Huffington Post.

As a published author, I love knowing how and why a book was
Ken Lenoir
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
really great book. I loved the simplicity of it.

At its heart, it is goal setting, with the addition of developing *belief* that you'll achieve it. Tony Robbins talks about "references" in regard to beliefs, like you have "references" for things you believe, evidence almost. And it's with the use of targeted questions (afformations) that you develop the belief.

another great takeaway with the DBAR cycle - desire, belief, actions, results. you want something, desire, and your beliefs determine
Jackie
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book to use when you are feeling stuck and want to make a shift in life to move forward. I like in the step 2 section Afform where the author mentions "Why ask Why" which explains how it can empower you to have the life you desire. The chapters on money and abundance, and work and career help me manifest my current employment. It also inspired me to take the next steps to become a business owner.

The section on health and well-being was good too to help me reduce my stress and
Vishy
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Noah explains that what reasons why affirmations fail most of the times and how your subconscious mind behaves as soon as you listen to affirmations. This book is just read it you are trying or want to try affirmations that really work for you. I just loved it the way Noah explains the gap.... "Why.."
Eric
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Where has this book been all this time? I enjoyed this read. Simple, clear instructions on how to think positively using questions. Simple. I repeat, simple. I loved it. Planning on reading more from the author.
Marietta
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
The author's personal narrative is stilted and simplistic. However, the exercises have been very helpful to me. Positive self-talk is not my strong suit, but I find myself using the phrasing and mental imagery suggested in the book on a regular basis now.
Katie Laird
I basically got everything I needed from the book in the first 80 pages. The rest of it annoyed me to no end. Like seriously I already bought your book why are you trying to sell me more crap? I think afformations can work but it didn't need to be sold over and over again the way he did it.
Fullfaun Faun
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it.
Scott Haraburda
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Goodreads First Reads Giveaway Book.

------------------------------------

Those wanting to improve themselves should consider reading The Book of Afformations: Discovering the Missing Piece to Abundant Health, Wealth, Love, and Happiness. Its based upon the philosophical concept that positive thinking leads to success.

Instead of positive statements, though, the author advocates positive questions. Not just any questions about how to do something, but motivational questions of why we do something.
Lisa
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book from Goodreads. This book is about training your mind to think positively about things you want to achieve. It is similar to the book "The Power of Believing". Basically it is ways to state and believe things to make your subconscious work toward achieving the goal.

The writing was simple to understand and was an easy read. I liked the concepts and will probably try them out. However I felt the book was rather pushy in trying to get you to teach his method and pass his book on
Jeannette
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
There's significant promotion of his other products in this book, but if you can forgive that it was rather inspiring to contemplate the power of a well-worded question. Not sure I'm sold on the difference between "how" questions versus "why" questions, but I'm intrigued enough to play with it. :)

Nearly half the book contains sample afformations, and much of the rest is letters from fans sharing their stories, so it's a very quick read. (You definitely don't need to read the book in order to
Denise Tarasuk
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Fantastic! Certainly a good read, but even more. Noah St. John delivers The Book of Afformations, or a way to ask yourself a question and change your life. The success stories made me smile, cry, and made me feel good. This book is fun and light hearted. If you implement his advice your life may change For The Better! Noah has a great sense of humor. His book is filled with great ideas and very helpful examples. The Missing Piece to Abundant Health, Wealth, Love, and Happiness is all within this ...more
Andrea H.
Aug 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
It used the same techniques as many other 'solve all your problems with this one proven method' -style books. It continued to bait the reader with hints that it was about to unveil an amazing new concept, only to recycle the same old positive affirmation approach. I am happy if it helped some people, that is the goal after all. I have to admit it was a horrible fit for me.
Katarina
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a powerful, yet simple book.

The 4 step system makes so much sense. I just finished reading, but tomorrow I am going to sit down and make my afformations for the 10 important areas of life.
Thank you Noah, the book is wonderful. I want to buy a bunch of copies and give them to my friends and family.
Heather
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Self help seekers, religious or spiritual
Shelves: sold
I won this in a Goodreads giveaway and thought I'd give it a shot. It was not what I expected. A little too similar to all the other "think positive", "if you build it, he will come" books. Too preachy, religious for my tastes. But I can see how this could be helpful to some people, so I will pass it along to others that may benefit. To each his own....
Diane
Aug 27, 2013 rated it liked it
I received this book in a Goodread's Giveaway. The concept that sets this apart from other positive affirmation books is that it makes you internalize by changing your statements to questions. The trouble I had, was trying to talk others whom I really felt needed this book to try to read it.
Pamela
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as a Goodreads first read. While the concept of changing your thinking isn't new, this book gives specific steps and exercises that I think are worth the read for anyone looking to make a positive change. In his/her life.
Beverly
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I've read tons of self-help books and I'm still struggling. Noah's book is very interesting. It an interesting way of way of teaching us to be present in the moment, which is what we all need to learn.
Tanya
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it
It runs a little long for a self-help book. The premise is interesting, that one can change one's circumstances by merely rephrasing and reshaping one's thoughts, and I can see the appeal. It will probably help those who follow the advice within the book.
Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino
Why is this book so awesome?
Why will this book change your life?
Why is Noah St. John one of my favorite authors?

For these and other answers that will change your life, read AFFORMATIONS!

-Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino, Hay House author of PERCOLATE-Let Your Best Self Filter Through
Frances
This was great! I admit I'm a bit doubtful, but considering that doubt is acknowledged plenty throughout the book, I will wait to see if/when it works. *shrug* It doesn't make any more claims than most of the other similar books do.
Ruby
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book BUT.. There was too much self-promo. Other than that a great read and I really enjoy using Afformations on a daily basis :)
April
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wonderful, easy to read, understand, follow, and practice.
Carma Spence
Awesome book ... working on review now.
Katherine
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable... Well worth reeading.

• What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
  • The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level
  • Me Poupe! 10 passos para nunca mais faltar dinheiro no seu bolso
  • Leaving the Atocha Station
  • Quero Ficar Rico
  • The Upside of Stress: Why Stress Is Good for You, and How to Get Good at It
  • A Pirate's Wish (Seven Kingdoms Tales #7)
  • Seduced by the Highland Werewolf
  • Financial Astrology Almanac 2019
  • Sigil Witchery: A Witch's Guide to Crafting Magick Symbols
  • Financial Sorcery: Magical Strategies to Create Real and Lasting Wealth
  • Pace: The 12-Minute Fitness Revolution
  • Protection and Reversal Magick: A Witch's Defense Manual (Beyond 101)
  • 365 Days of Hoodoo: Daily Rootwork, Mojo & Conjuration
  • The Sorcerer's Secrets: Strategies in Practical Magick
  • Keeping Her Keys: An Introduction to Hekate's Modern Witchcraft
  • Six Ways: Approaches & Entries for Practical Magic
  • Mountain Rescue Lion
Noah St. John is famous for inventing Afformations® and helping busy people achieve financial freedom.

His sought-after advice is known as the secret sauce in business and personal growth.

Noahs engaging and down-to-earth speaking style always gets high marks from audiences. As the leading authority on how to eliminate limiting beliefs, Noah delivers programs that have been called The only