Start by marking “Blood of Others (Tom Reed and Walt Sydowski, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood of Others (Tom Reed and Walt Sydowski, #3)

Blood of Others (Tom Reed and Walt Sydowski #3)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  2,122 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews
The disappearance and murder of a lonely San Francisco insurance clerk puts a relentless crime reporter and legendary homicide cop on separate tracks in their pursuit of a killer.

The suspect lures solitary women out of their quiet worlds and into his nightmare as he races the clock and travels the globe searching for the one woman who will forgive the unforgivable.

In the c
Published December 9th 2012 by Carrick Publishing (first published June 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Blood of Others, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of Others

Joyce Robbins
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the best thrillers written!

This book hits every criteria for a five star rating.
Right from the start, the ground work was set for an edge of the seat ride of emotion and suspense. Each player has a story to tell, and connects to the main plot brilliantly. As I read deeper into the story, it was as if I attending a private screening for some Hollywood blockbuster. The storytelling was that good.
There is no getting away from the fact that there was an element of gore in the description of t
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing thriller from author Rick Mofina, "Blood Of Others", is a hard driving thriller packed with suspense. The third of the Walt Sydowski/ Tom Reed series this one goes from grisly murder to national security before it ends. Almost a spinster, Iris Wood is found brutally murdered by stabbing, and redressed into a bridal gown in the front window of a bridal shop. In addition to several stab wounds in the heart, the killer has removed Iris' face. Veteran reporter Tom Reed again hanging ...more
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is yet another page turner by one of my favorite crime writers--Rick Mofina. I read it on my kindle. I'm not going to say much except that I always like the way he gets my heart racing at 97% of the way through the book when things are hanging on the brink of disaster with no resolution as yet!
Arthur Okun
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best way to spend a quite afternoon is to read a Rick Mofina novel. What a treat!!!!
BLOOD OF OTHERS is a novel that tells a story. A tale of women in their prime who are so alone.
Who hope for companionship. A relationship. To dream of the picket fence,and laughing children.
And they make a mistake. They turn on their computers and tell the electronic devise they are
And,Rick Mofina has returned to his cast of characters from his previous novels.
And, this series gets even netter. In San
Pam Resner
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book

You won't want to put it down. It will keep you on the edge of your seat. Very engaging and realistic characters who feel real.
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Are lonely women being targeted or is a San Francisco insurance clerk the first victim of the killer. And who will be the one woman who will forgive the unforgivable. Can he be stopped.
An interesting read for most of the time. Didn't really care much for the characters of Tom Reed and Walt Sydowski though.
Judi Anne
Aug 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
Ugh! Too much discombobulation in the plot and too much gore. Really? A women dead in the window of a bridal shop with her face removed. Yuk, apparently, I didn't read the publisher's synopsis carefully enough.
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Meh. Tried to do too many things at once. It is a rare story in that I didn't much like any of the characters.
Donna J
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Rick Mofina Thrillers!

I feel like I keep repeating myself with Rick Mofinas books, but “Blood of Others” is one psychological thriller I never expected from Ricks expanding books which includes all his and my favorite characters...such as Tom Reed and Detective Sandowski.

As usual this superb novel, which is excellent as a stand alone, that’s how I came about it, is based in San Francisco, as most of them are and starts with a killing which continues from the most incredible, intellectual, s
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Kept Me Up Last Night

Tom Reed really needs someone to organize his life! Always misplacing important papers, doesn’t appear to use a calendar for appointments (including for his kid), seems to treat his wife as an after-thought. In spite of that, I like him.

Walt Sydowski is smart, but he ignores his partner to the detriment of solving the crime sooner. Once Walt agrees to share info with the FBI, things happen quickly. Louise is good for him.

Ben Wyatt and Olivia make a cute couple. There’s one
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was going to finish this book because I was so far in, but I really didn’t want to. It’s written terribly, it’s ok if a little cliche. It’s the characters - specifically Sydowski & Reed. What massive, ridiculous egos. Someone has died. You’d think the lead detective would use every resource available instead of being a pathetically petty bully. And Reed, the journalist- the whole writing the story is more important than passing on crucial information to the police. Sorry. There’s interesti ...more
Tina Bailey
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story.

So, again Tom Reed is in deep, and I like the grit of the story, but why is it Tom always has a jerk for a boss, which ends up fired because of his treatment of Tom? Why is it Tom has vital evidence in murders, kidnapping, etc., but finds it fit to hold back information that can save lives? If that's how the media works when it comes to these types of cases, then it's just a sad shame. The actual story was really good.
James E. Mayfield
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great story

I have read several of Mr Mofina's books and they have all been great every one is hard to put down if you like crime detective books he's the guy to read. All his characters are so real and you get where you would like to sit down to a beer or cup of coffee with each of them. This book had a lot of twist and turns and leaves you with how important forgiveness is . I recommend highly all Mr Mofina's books.
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
A washed-up reporter and distracted detective race each other and collaborate a bit to catch a serial killer. Just a little too cartoonish in plot details and motivations, just a little too convenient in clues and motivations to work together. A decent escape but no thinking required for this book.
Tom Burns
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really good book about police work

Details! This book is such a good read because it is filled with details! Excellent police work combined with very competitive journalists make this a very fast-paced book! If you like crime drama I think you will really like this even has a really good ending!
Carol Wilhelm
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gripping story

Have read other books by Rick Mofina and never disappointed. Enough action to hold my interest.
Takes you through the different steps in how police track down their suspects. This would definitely alert you to take caution with whoever you get on line with. Would recommend you read this book.

Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bloody Good

As usual reporter Tom Reed keeps pace with and at times seems a few steps ahead of the San Francisco police as they look for the killer who posed his victim in a bridal shop window.
kenneth  h.  robinson
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Police, Murders, and Reporters

With a lot difficulty the reporters and detectives zero in on the terrible reality. Quiet, insecure women are the folks who reach out to others via the Internet.
Rebecca T
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Great style. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. Loved the concept of the down and out cop who saves the day. Coming from an ex IT nerd, the use of the computer tech lingo was spot on. Very believable.
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

This took only a couple of days to read. I hadn’t read a police procedural in ages, sticking only to literature. It was fun reading this. It was free via a special on Amazon.
Robert A Brown
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast paced drama

The repeat of these characters in this book was like picking up from the la s book of Mofina's I read. I loved that one and this one too. Fast paced, interesting, and well rendered. Love this series.
Marilyn Smith
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best of Rick Mofina's books. I have read probably a dozen of his novels, and it is difficult to make that statement since all of his books are excellent. I highly recommend his series. This book is a great one to start with.
Mel Christensen
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story, a new take on serial killers. The only reason I didn’t rate it a 5 was because the romantic parts were cheesy, and I don’t read this type of book for cheesy romance. He’s a good storyteller, but needs to stay away from romance.
sharon mills
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Loved the whole book, couldn't put it down. All the characters were amazing and was so easy to think of them at there jobs. Would definitely recommend to anyone who likes thrillers.
Victoria Davey
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book! The second of his I've read in the Walt Sydowski & Tom Reed series and I must say I will very soon be reading all the rest. Great writing style and you find yourself saying "just one more chapter" until the early hours of the morning. Highly recommended.
Dewey Carroll Brackett
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

I enjoyed reading this book very much. It kept me interested and on the edge of my seat. It was very scary in places and not for the squeamish. I recommend this book for the person who loves thrillers.
Sheila Woods
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Prepare to read all night!

I rated this book a solid five. The characters were interesting, the plot very well written. This is the fourth book by Rick Mofina I have read in a row, and it just gets better and better!
Janet Rood
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I usually can predict the ending early in a book. This one kept me guessing to the end! There were hints and you could see where things were heading but wow!
Ed Egbert
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

A real page Turner here. Well written and easy to follow as well as very clean language. I recommend this to anyone who loves suspense! E
  • Bangkok Rules
  • Barbara's War
  • Kane
  • Submerged
  • Nefarious (The Blackwell Files, #1)
  • Red Run
  • Covert Reich
  • Antler Dust (The Allison Coil Mystery Series Book 1)
  • Silent Night (Sam Archer, #4)
  • Hijacked (The Appalachian Foothills #1)
  • The Spanish Helmet
  • And Then There Was One
  • The Fires of the Gods (Sugawara Akitada #8)
  • Capable of Murder (Belinda Lawrence Murder Mystery, #1)
  • Rotten Apple: Seven Sins, One Deadly City
  • Freedom Bridge
  • Maternal Harbor
  • Jim Knighthorse Series: All Three Books
Rick Mofina is a former journalist and an award-winning author of several acclaimed thrillers. His reporting has put him face-to-face with murderers on death row in Montana and Texas. He has covered a horrific serial-killing case in California and an armored car-heist in Las Vegas, flown over Los Angeles with the LAPD Air Support Division and gone on patrol with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police n ...more
More about Rick Mofina...

Tom Reed and Walt Sydowski (5 books)
  • If Angels Fall (Tom Reed and Walt Sydowski, #1)
  • Cold Fear (Tom Reed and Walt Sydowski, #2)
  • No Way Back (Tom Reed and Walt Sydowski, #4)
  • Be Mine (Tom Reed and Walt Sydowski #5)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Fractured
  • Never Smile at Strangers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes, #2)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Idaho
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Dead Letters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Phantom (Alexander Hawke, #7)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Moving Day
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Man-Eater: The Life and Legend of an American Cannibal
  • Smoke
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Secrets of Southern Girls: A Novel
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Dorchester Terrace (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #27)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Flower Net (Red Princess, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Grave Tender
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
  • Before I Go to Sleep
    $8.24 $2.99
  • When You Reach Me
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Pretty Little Things
    $4.49 $1.99
“few days after Vryke’s death, a lawyer arrived at the San Francisco medical examiner’s office in the Hall of Justice. She was” 1 likes
“Was he absolutely certain she about her? Yes.” 0 likes