Start by marking “White Christmas in Dry Creek” as Want to Read:
White Christmas in Dry Creek

White Christmas in Dry Creek

(Return to Dry Creek #5)

A Holiday Hero...

Renee Gray doesn't believe in fairy tales; not even at Christmastime. But when a wounded stranger collapses on their porch, her daughter, Tessie, believes they've discovered a handsome Prince Charming.

Though he has his own reasons for shutting out the world, Rusty Calhoun can't resist little Tessie's invitation to play a king in the church Christmas
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published September 17th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about White Christmas in Dry Creek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Christmas in Dry Creek

Start your review of White Christmas in Dry Creek
Melissa
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all the books in the "Return to Dry Creek" series, ( this is the 5th book in the series ). When Rusty returns to Dry Creek, he has been injured and he collapses on Renee's porch. At first Renee dosent know who he is, but as she gets to know him, she realizes that he is a very caring and patient man. Renee's daughter, Tessie thinks he is a Prince, but her mother is very careful not to mislead her. Renee's ex-husband is serving time in jail, and she is very careful with her ...more
Cheryl
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was so good to escape for a few hours back to Dry Creek,Montana and its special caring people at Christmastime. This return trip had a nice assortment of things-an injured stranger on a snowy night,a little girl wearing angel wings who believes in princes,castles and happy endings,a caring mom who is trying to make a happier life for her little girl after being hurt by an abusive ex-husband,the Christmas holidays and much more!

The descriptions of the meals and goodies were done so well,I
Judy
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
White Christmas in Dry Creek By Janet Tronstad
Return to Dry Creek Book 5 - Dry Creek Series Book 23
Renee Gray had returned to Dry Creek in the previous book, Second Chance in Dry Creek, when she came battered and bleeding to find her father, Colen Gray who worked at the Elkton Ranch. She had enough of being on the run with her outlaw of a husband. Now her ex is in prison and she's content cooking for the hands at the Ranch. And her young daughter Tessie can be at her side.

Rusty Calhoun had
Rosemary
Jan 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Renee, (our leading lady) is a divorced single mother working as a cook for the ranch hands in Dry Creek. Her ex-husband is currently in prison for robbery. She has trust issues with men in general because of previous abuse.

Rusty, (our leading man) is a prodigal son recently home from Afghanistan where it is obvious he has been severely and recently injured. He has a younger brother that he is now the sole provider for, but, has not seen him in 8 years. His (now deceased) father was abusive, and
Susan
Renee is frightened when a wounded stranger collapses on her front porch, but her daughter thinks he's a fairytale prince. Renee's ex-husband is in prison for armed robbery and Renee has learned to be very cautious around men. She's not too sure she can trust Rusty around her daughter. Rusty has returned to Dry Creek after leaving the army. He is looking for his younger brother who he suspects is involved in something illegal, which is how he got shot. While Rusty tries to get Eric to come clean ...more
Donna
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Janet Tronstad has come up with another good story from Dry Creek.

Renee finds a wounded man on her porch after hearing a noise. It has been snowing hard and the man is cold as ice. She pulls him inside on a rug and starts to check him out. Unconscious. Bullet wound. Not bad looking. Her daughter, Tessie, runs into the room and thinks he's a prince. Renee tells her no way.

Calling the sheriff's office and informing them of this intruder and asking for an ambulance also. The dispatcher keeps her
Carol
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars Received a copy of the book from the author yesterday. Enjoyable. Review to follow.
Phylis Carpenter
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tessie is a little girl who believes in fairy tales and princes. Her Mom tries to discourage it but lets her live her fantasies because she has been through so much already as a child.

One evening they find a stranger bleeding on their doorstep. Renee brings him in the house and calls the sheriff. While waiting for the sheriff to arrive, Tessie swears he is a prince with a message from her father (who is in prison).

It's a cute story and we all know that when we were growing up we wanted to
Sarah Wade
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This was just ok to me. I had a hard time getting into it and I felt like the storyline jumped around a bit. But maybe it was just me. It's a cute, clean story.
Valri Western
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Both main characters have had very hard times in their lives so they are leery to have any kind of relationship with each other. When they meet, Rusty has been shot and is lying on Renee's front porch, bleeding and unconscious in a blizzard! Renee, who is recently divorced from a bank robber, doesn't want to be anywhere near someone who is a lawbreaker, just wants to get him some help and not be involved with him again! But, this is Dry Creek, where the community gets involved and things aren't ...more
Joanne Reese
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Renee Gray works hard to protect her daughter, Tessie from a failed marriage and an outlaw of a father. But when Rusty Calhoun stumbles onto the scene with a bullet wound and the need for assistance, Renee finds herself vulnerable to the fairy tale Tessie has made him out to be. The little girl is convinced that Rusty is a prince who has come to the rescue, carrying a message from her very own father.

Tronstad has created a delightful story in which both Renee and Rusty have a hard time trusting
Kathy
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
White Christmas in Dry Creek by Janet Tronstad

Renee’s ex-husband dragged her along in his life of crime. But even though he is in jail, serving time for his crimes, she is not willing to trust a man again. Especially the probable cattle rustler who shows up at her front door, bleeding from a gunshot wound.

Rusty Calhoun is back in town, trying to reconnect with his younger brother and make a life for himself after serving in the armed forces. Being accused of a crime his first day back makes it
Paula-O
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
White Christmas in Dry Creek by Janet Tronstad

A trip back to Dry Creek is always fun catching up with the small town folks. This book is loaded with dragons-prince's and princess's along with the holidays-snow and a Christmas play at the local church with a mean old King.
Renee had recently came back to this community with her little girl to heal some old hurts and start anew...she doesn't want any handsome prince to disrupt her life but here he is on her front porch and needing help..
Can she
Kathy Eberly
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love a good romance story and especially one that takes place at Christmastime. Once again Janet Tronstad has woven a whimsical, loving story that takes place in the fictional town of Dry Creek. Renee Gray doesn't believe in fairy tales but her daughter Tessie does and will do all that she can to bring her mother together with the man that she feels is Prince Charming, Rusty Calhoun. Like Renee, Rusty has his own issues and it will take a miracle to bring them together.
I love a conspiring
Marianne
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
White Christmas in Dry Creek..a place in Montana where Prince Charming lives. Janet weaves another magical story with charming characters. Add a child, a single mother and a gunshot wounded rancher and you have the makings of a perfect Christmas? Only in Dry Creek with small town connections where everyone knows each other and you can truly go home again. I love Dry Creek, and though they say it is fiction, I know I could find it if I traveled the backroads of this great state. Renee became my ...more
Bonnie
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
White Christmas In Dry Creek was a very good book. Renee is a cook at a ranch. Tessie is her five year old daughter. When Rusty ends up on her doorstep. He was shot and out of it. Renee helps him until the sheriff arrives. Sheriff can't arrest him, because it looks like he did nothing wrong. He stays in the bunkhouse at the ranch. Cattle have been stolen. Ex-husband is in prison. Tessie thinks Rusty is her prince. Lots goes on. Have to read to find out all that happens. Very good book. I will ...more
Barbara
I love Janet Tronstad's Return to Dry Creek series, and this one is certainly no exception! Renee and Rusty have been through horrible things in their past, and their reactions to new situations jibe with what I would expect individuals with their backgrounds to do and think. The little girl, Tessie, is delightful, and adds a certain whimsical touch at times with her fantasies. Dry Creek is a delightful town, and watching how people change both before and after they return to their roots in this ...more
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
"White Christmas in Dry Creek" was a wonderful holiday story with great characters and a little suspense thrown in. Rusty, Renee, and Tessie were absolutely fabulous, and I enjoyed learning about their journey together. Tessie was so adorable and completely made the book. Although this novel is part of the Return to Dry Creek Series, you can read it as a stand alone like I did. Janet Tronstad is an awesome author who creates truly wonderful stories and characters, and I look forward to reading ...more
Connie
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hi! This book is a simple but sweet Xmas story. It was a easy book to read and I enjoyed most of the characters involved. I would recommend this book to anyone that is a fan of the author,anyone that likes reading Love Inspired books or anyone that likes simple but upbeat Christmas stories. I enjoy the author's books and look forward to reading the next book in the series. :)
Marie
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and I loved this book. Having physical scars is one thing, but emotional wounds take A LONG time to heal. And this book addressed that issue with a tender story that was interesting and deep. This is the perfect Christmas book from one of the best series going.
Harlequin Books
"The characters' determination to rebuild their lives is witness to the fact that we are never out of reach of God's forgiveness and love." RT Book Reviews

Miniseries: Return to Dry Creek
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
This book was well-written and exciting.
June
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story by a super talented lady.

I always love a happy ending!!
Cathy
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great Book, and a very nice read. Highly recommend it.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Return to Dry Creek
Bonnie Bottger
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I really enjoyed reading this book. I am glad that Rusty and Renee were able to work around some of the major trust issues that they have and little Tessie is quite cute.
Doris Pearson
Garra Crews
Dec 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 15, 2015 06:28PM

• Farm Tractor (Wheelie Books)
  • A Military Match (Mounted Color Guard, #3)
  • Her Homecoming Cowboy (Mule Hollow Homecoming, #3)
  • Courting the Country Miss (Courting #2)
  • Courting the Countess
  • The Christmas Family (Buchanons, #2)
  • Montana Dreams
  • Her Cowboy Reunion (Shepherd's Crossing, #1)
  • The Rancher's Promise (Granger Family Ranch, #3)
  • A Rancher's Christmas (Saddlers Prairie, #5)
  • The Christmas Blessing
  • Twins Under the Christmas Tree (Cash Brothers, #2)
  • Peace in the Valley (Double S Ranch, #3)
  • The Doctor's Texas Baby (Lone Star Cowboy League: Boys Ranch)
  • Barefoot Beach (Harmony Harbor #8)
  • Christmas at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch, #4, Cardwell Cousins, #1)
  • Gypped (Regan Reilly Mystery, #15)
  • Mobbed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #14)
Janet grew up in the wide open spaces of rural Montana and now lives in the urban spaces of Pasadena, California. She's used both of these locations in her books. Her Dry Creek, Montana series numbers over twenty novels now and her Pasadena books, The Sisterhood of the Dropped Stitches, number four.

Return to Dry Creek (5 books)
  • Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek