Start by marking “One Night with the Doctor (Rx for Love, #10)” as Want to Read:
One Night with the Doctor (Rx for Love, #10)

One Night with the Doctor (Rx For Love #10)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  102 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Cindy Kirk's next installment in RX FOR LOVE introduces us to a girl who always plays by the rules -- almost. And her one exception is going to change everything…

"Perfect" Poppy Westover has always been a by-the-book kind of girl. But just this once, she ignores her rules and has a sizzling one-night stand with the crushingly handsome Dr. Benedict Campbell. It was a superb
Published September 17th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about One Night with the Doctor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night with the Doctor

Debbie
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice addition to the series RX for Love. Poppy and Ben's story. Poppy was hurt in her first marriage and did not want to ever marry again. So glad Ben was able to convince her otherwise.
Christine Menditto
I really liked Ben in this book because no matter what he had gone through he kept putting himself out there with Poppy, but I didn't really like Poppy. It just seemed like for most of the book she wasn't willing to even try to get over her past. Overall, this book what's ok. I definitely liked others in this series better.
Debbie Oxier
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the ending of this book but not the beginning. I don't enjoy these plots where a couple makes a conscious decision to use each other for sex and she gets pregnant. If you're going to make the heroine get pregnant then let it be because something unexpected happens. Just using one another gives one the opinion they are loose with their morals and can be a turn off. Mistakes happen but to make a conscious decision about something is different.

I did keep on reading and I liked the way the c
Susan
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good book where both Poppy and Ben have to learn to trust again. I really enjoyed the slow building of their love. Poppy had come home to Jackson Hole after the end of her marriage to a New York doctor. He had lied to her, cheated on her and looked down on her. Now she is determined to concentrate on her job as a social worker and avoid any kind of relationship with a man. When she shares a brief kiss with Ben at a friend's party she is startled by the intensity of it and avoids him for the rest ...more
Wyrdness
May 11, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book has the least spontaneous "spontaneous" one night stand I have ever read. It takes 20% of the book just to get there and before anything happens Poppy is laying down the law, all whilst telling herself to cut loose and just go with things.

I didn't really have a problem with Poppy or Ben as characters, he wasn't an alpha-jerk and she wasn't a doormat, but at the same time I didn't really feel they had any chemistry between them. Sure we kept getting told they were hot for each other, bu
Whispers From
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Poppy is recently divorced and moves back to her hometown. She has a one night stand with Ben, a doctor, and gets pregnant. Ben wants more but Poppy has been burned before and isn't very trusting. When he suggests they live together so they can get to know each, Poppy agrees. What she doesn't expect is to fall in love with him. Good, quick read.
Harlequin Books
"Kirk's poignant story is all about learning to trust again and stars two unforgettable people who really know how to rock and roll under the covers!" RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: Rx for Love
Jun 12, 2016 added it
A quick enjoyable read with a HEA.

Tia
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a down to earth decent novel that I really enjoyed reading.
Susandalley2006hotmail.com
I think this book told us more than showed us about the characters. Poppy is described as perfect, but other than her tendency to be put together, we don't really see it. It just felt disconnected.
PWRL
Aug 08, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Karate1kid
Mar 09, 2016
Lynn
rated it did not like it
Sep 15, 2013
Oct 28, 2013
Allison
Mar 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Cindy Kirk is a lifelong Nebraska resident who started writing after taking a class at a local community college. But her interest in the written word started years before when she was in her teens. At sixteen she wrote in her diary, “I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t be a writer.”

Not until her daughter was heading off to college did Cindy return to her first love---writing. Unlike some w
More about Cindy Kirk...

Rx For Love (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Doctor's Baby
  • In Love with John Doe (Rx for Love, #2)
  • The Christmas Proposition