Start by marking “Danger in Amish Country: Fall from Grace\Dangerous Homecoming\Return to Willow Trace” as Want to Read:

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
LOVE AND DANGER COLLIDE IN THREE NEW AMISH NOVELLAS

Fall from Grace by Marta Perry

When one of her students witnesses a crime, Sara Esch gets too close to the truth, and widower Caleb King must risk it all for the woman who's taught him to love again.

Dangerous Homecoming by Diane Burke

Katie Lapp needs her childhood friend Joshua Miller more than ever when someone threat
Published October 1st 2013 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Danger in Amish Country, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danger in Amish Country

Gail
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three Amish mystery/love stories by three different authors. All three authors write very different but very enjoyable stories.
Rhonda
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Danger in Amish Country by Marta Perry, Diane Burke and Kit Wilkson

3 short stories of Suspense that are entertaining and clean reads.
Fall From Grace by Marta Perry
Fall from Grace deals with a little amish girl Rachel King who is seven seeing something that leaves her scared and having nightmares. Rachel and her father Caleb king have only
been in the area a month. Sara Esch notices the girl is afraid and tries to get her to talk. Sara and Caleb try to figure out why she is scared and they find
a
Ashley Dawn
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This three novellas in one was great. First was Fall from Grace where Sara is a teacher in the local Amish school and is taken with a new little girl in her classroom. When the little girl starts acting strange, Sara and the girl's father Caleb investigate and Sara is in more danger than ever! Dangerous Homecoming is about a man coming home and stepping into more than he'd bargained for. Katie married Joshua's best friend so he left home and hadn't come back for years. Now he is back and he cann ...more
John Hanscom
The problem with short stories is that are, well, short. Romance novels have a certain predictability to them, and even longer ones have some credibility issues, and to think that one or two incidents will resolve all relationship problems is naive. In addition, with two of the three in this book, it was obvious who the"bad guy" was, as this person was one of the few floating around not a "good guy."
Tammy
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fall from Grace
I really enjoyed this first story, it really made your heart ache for little Rachael. Sara Esch is a school teacher and Rachael is one of her new students that recently moved into the community with her father after her mother passes away after along illness. It didn't take me long to read it as I didn't put my Kindle down until I finished it. it definitely kept me wanting to read more. I do however hope that there is more to this story. I want to know more of what happened next,
Lynda
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amish, mystery, novella
Three Novellas ... There are reviews of the subjects of each novella in prior reviews. I will not repeat that information again. These novellas are quite enjoyable reads -- what I might call an Amish Mini Mystery Set.

I do not read novellas often because there is so much in the story (if it is a good one--and these were) that never gets finished. Some leave you hanging -- even the key characters in the story have no true ending. The best of novellas should make you want more from the key characte
Maureen Timerman
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Three great, but quick read novella, all Amish, and all page turning for answers. The first, by Marta Perry, is about a child with so many traumas in her life, having watched and lost her mother, she is only seven. Then she unfortunately witnesses a man fall off a rock cliff, oh no, now she is in more danger. How can one little one endure so much, come and find out with a bit of romance and a great schoolteacher.
Next we have a novella by Diane Burke, and we never see what is coming, sure surpris
Wendy
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-i-read
There are three short stories in this book, Fall From Grace by Marta Perry, Dangerous Homecoming by Diane Burke and Return to Willow Trace by Kit Wilkinson. Each one is a mystery and each one held my interest so I read this very quickly I really did enjoy them. A couple of the authors were new to me and I will look for more books written by them. If you like Amish and/or mystery I think you will enjoy the stories.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher thr
Carolyn E
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.

Update 6/01/14:

I have just finished re-reading this book, and I really enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed Diane Burke's story, "Dangerous Homecoming", included in Danger in Amish Country: Fall from Grace\Dangerous Homecoming\Return to Willow Trace. I hope to read more of her books in the future.
Krystal
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

Danger in Amish Country is a wonderful collection of three short stories by three talented authors. Within each story, you found that the characters were well developed, and the plot (while different in each), kept you glued to the pages until the very end. I loved the perfect blend of suspense, mystery, danger and romance, add in the setting of Amish country and it was absolutely perfect!

DISCLAIMER: I received a complimentary copy of Danger in Amish Country in retu
Kim Justice
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, reviewed
Where do I start? Have I told you about my "LOVE" of Amish Books? Some might say I am actually obsessed with them. I know that my reviews might not show this but believe me I am. I have always loved them.

This book was, as for most of Love Inspired books a fast read. I enjoy taking one ot two with me on appointments or taking a trip for that very reason. Danger In Amish Country was one of those such books as it has three different;

To read more of my review: http://breathoflifebookreviews.blogsp.
Dawn Leonard
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
The characters and storylines in these three novellas are developed and believable. I think if they had been books not novellas, it would not have been so easy to solve the mystery pages before the characters did. They were great quick reads. I recommend other books by these authors with Amish storylines especially Marta Perry's "In Plain Sight" series and Pleasant Valley series, Kit Wilkinson's Lancaster County Target, and Diane Burke's Hidden in Plain View. I haven't read many of Diane's books ...more
April Suter
Oct 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Three short novellas. Fall From Grace: Teacher Sara and the new dad to the district, Caleb King, find a body on the rocks near the school. Dangerous Homecoming: Katie is trying to keep her husband's farm running by herself and someone keeps damaging the farm, maybe it is to try to get the farm for himself. Return to Willow Trace: Joseph comes home to find his old girlfriend still single and an old friend hurt.

217 pages
Bonnie Drummond
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin
What a great read of this book Danger in Amish Country by Authors Marta Perry, Diana Burke and Kit Wilkinson who done the Amish Community and People a world of good by tell these stories. Of what it takes to be a Amish person and the faith in God that has this community's thriving in ( our world ), I think the whole world should take a very strong lesson from them maybe this world would be better.
Harlequin Books
"These three Amish novellas demonstrate that evil and temptation are prevalent everywhere. Jealousy, greed and abuse combine to provide stories that keep the reader involved throughout." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
June
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Three short stories in one. All three authors show great talent at telling a story in 1/3 the words they usually get. These are great for when you need a quick read. The stories aren't tide together except for by theme so they are great.
Melinda
Jul 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Three stars is a gift. It's more like 2.5. The stories were short, simple, and cheesy, but fast reads that entertained.
ANNETTE
Loved all three stories.They all had a good story line.
Cindy
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you like suspense, and Amish fiction, you'll love these short stories. A great book for a winter's night.
Justine Snyder
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish
3 Amish suspense novellas in one volume. Suspense, danger and romance. A quick yet satisfying read.
Christy
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish, mystery
One of my favorite Amish mysteries.
Lesley
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
an ok read - just a little bit Vanilla for my taste.
Marilyn Slusher
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice selection of stories.
Debbie West
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
oops forgot to mark this one finished.
I really enjoyed this book. both amish and mystery what can get bettter
Kristine Hansen
I wouldn't think to pair Amish with suspense necessarily but it worked somewhat. A different sort of set of stories.
Melissa
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute short stories. Some seem a little far-fetched in the Amish department, but it was worth reading.
Cassandra
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it
The stories were good and interesting. Dangerous Homecoming was a little slow here and there. The characters were good. And the suspense was interesting.
Diana
Jul 15, 2015
Robyn Korn
Oct 12, 2013
Valerie Cavallaro
Dec 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Thread of Suspicion (The Justice Agency #4)
  • High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)
  • Annie's Christmas Wish (Quilts of Lancaster County, #4)
  • Montana Standoff
  • A Revelation in Autumn (Discovery, #5)
  • Family Blessings (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #2)
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • An Amish Miracle
  • The Amish Nanny (Brides of Amish Country, #11)
  • Finding Mercy (Home Valley, #3)
  • Texas K-9 Unit Christmas: Holiday Hero\Rescuing Christmas
  • A Home for Lydia (The Pebble Creek Amish, #2)
  • A Plain Scandal (Appleseed Creek, #2)
  • What the Heart Sees: A Collection of Amish Romances
  • Promise to Return (The Promise of Sunrise #1)
  • Daybreak (The Days of Redemption #1)
Marta Perry is a Pennsylvania-based author of over 35 novels, many of them inspirational romances. She uses her rural Pennsylvania life and her Pennsylvania Dutch heritage in writing her books, especially in her Pleasant Valley Amish series for Berkley Books and her new Amish-set suspense series for HQN Books.

Marta and her husband live in a centuries-old farmhouse in a quiet central Pennsylvania v
More about Marta Perry

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Finding Claire Fletcher (Claire Fletcher, #1)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • For Your Eyes Only (James Bond, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Fierce Radiance
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead
  • Look Behind You
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Where the Memories Lie
    $4.99 $1.99
  • White Nights (Shetland Island, #2)
  • Nineteen Seventy Four
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Wrath (Luis Chavez, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Three (Codename: Chandler, #3)
  • The Hollow Men: A Novel
    $15.95 $1.99
  • Tyrannosaur Canyon
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What She Doesn't Know
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Pope of Palm Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1)
  • Flood (Burke, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The House of Memory (Pluto's Snitch #2)