Start by marking “Take Me Home for Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #5)” as Want to Read:
Take Me Home for Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #5)

Take Me Home for Christmas (Whiskey Creek #5)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  2,726 Ratings  ·  439 Reviews
Christmas is a time for remembering….

Too bad all memories aren't pleasant. Everyone in Whiskey Creek remembers Sophia DeBussi as the town's Mean Girl. Especially Ted Dixon, whose love she once scorned.

But Sophia has paid the price for her youthful transgressions. The man she did marry was rich and powerful but abusive. So when he goes missing, she secretly hopes he'll nev
Published October 29th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 1st 2013)

Katrina Passick Lumsden
******SPOILERS******

This started off semi-promising. Abused woman, Sophia, can't find her husband, she finds out the FBI is looking for him, he ends up dead, she's back in her hometown where all the people her dead husband ripped off are pissed as hell at her and she's all "woe is me, everyone hates me, but I deserve it because I've always been a terrible person".

Do you see where things started to fall apart? Maybe it didn't begin as promising as I thought.

Anyway, she ends up getting a job as
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, favourites
Alright where shall I start! I adored this story it's a story about starting again, and I'm a sucker for second chance romances, but this story is emotional, gritty, and it pulled at my heart.

Christmas and the run up too the season should be a happy time, parties, drinking, eating, buying presents and winter is definitely my favourite time of year but sometimes it doesn't all work out like that does it??!!
 photo snowfallinggif_zps76692c21.gif

Sophia is married to Skip they go on an anniversary holiday 'so Sophia thought' and she
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5-4 stars

First, this is NOT a sappy second chance romance. It is a hard-earned, tear-stained story, and the characters have so much water under the bridge I really wondered how the romance would work out.

I think this is important to emphasize: just because my final rating is 3.5-4 does not mean this book wasn’t enjoyable. In fact, it really was. I liked it a lot and the first half of the story floored me. The emotions , the feels , the thickening plot all were aspects that made me latch
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

How shall I begin....... I am in love and in need for Christmas!!!!

photo tumblr_lw2pa4ZtkE1r03eggo1_r1_500.gif

photo tumblr_mp03bkkB141swn6c2o1_500.gif

Sophia wakes on day time her husband, Skip went missing and police showed up at the doors with a search warrant! Apparently, her husband was someone she never knew. Sophia is left with her daughter, Alexa to survive. Sophia need to find a job to sustain themselves.

How funny life can be... Sophia goes to work with her ex-boyfriend, Ted who is now a famous. How will they survive?

A beautifully written love story with suspense! I
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on Tangled in Pages

Actual Rating 2.5

NOTE: I have not read the first 4 books in this series. Also, some of the things I say may offend some people. Read at own risk and keep in mind that I am not trying to victim blame.

Good morning, evening or whatever time of the day it is in the part of the world you live in.

I’d like to welcome you to the second episode for my talk show where I interview people who don’t exist in our idea of reality.

Before we get started, it
Jonetta
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been waiting for Sophia and Ted's story since these characters were first introduced. My expectation was that it would be emotionally challenging as we know she's a victim of domestic abuse and I was somewhat prepared for this dimension of the story. I was ill prepared for the ugliness that she would suffer from the residents of Whiskey Creek.

The set up
Sophia was involved with Ted when she was in high school. When he left for college, she secretly got involved with the wealthy Skip DeBussi
Sofia Lazaridou
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it

*I received a copy of the book for a honest review*
*There might be spoilers*

Half the book was Eve and Ted's romance! And it was a huge turn off for me. The thought that Ted and Sophia wouldn't be together in the end crossed my mind more than once. Even worse was the realization that Ted was just trying to get Sophia out of his mind. I felt bad for Eve.

Skip (Sophia's husband) was an A-hole and I am really glad he died. The behavior of the people in Whiskey Creek was unacceptable towards
Sulis Peri Hutan
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ijak-scoop
Review bisa juga dibaca di http://www.kubikelromance.com/2017/03...

Di buku pertama, kita sudah mengenal sosok Sophia DeBussi yang mencoba berteman dengan Gail, padahal pada mulanya Gail tidak menyukai Sophia karena dia menjadi penyebab kematian sahabat kakaknya. Pada masa sekolah dulu, Sophia adalah gadis paling populer dan kaya raya, yah tipe yang bitch lah, cantik tapi hatinya jahat. Dia berpacaran dengan Ted Dixon sampai lulus sekolah. Namun siapa yang menyangka ketika Ted meninggalkan Whiske
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/10/28/...

I was so excited to read Ted and Sophia’s story, because they had been built up so much throughout this series, and unfortunately, I just didn’t like it.

Ted was left heartbroken by Sophia when they were younger, but now that she is down on her luck, he is finding it almost impossible to turn his back on her. There is something about her situation that is bringing out all his protective instincts, despite the fact that she thr
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
I couldn't put this book down... I spent all day reading it! Thank God I had an extra hour!

Sophia was a Bitch in High School. People didn't like her because she was the entitled popular girl. She was seeing Ted, but strayed to Skip & when she found herself pregnant she married him. Skip scammed the townspeople out of millions of dollars & then died trying to escape the FBI. He set up his family for the fall, but ended up really dead. Now the townspeople blame Sophia & her daughter &a
Ian
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After her violent and abusive husband cheats many of her neighbors out of their hard earned money, Sophia plummets from being the wealthiest woman in town to being broke and destitute. Despised by just about everyone there is little she can do but hide out in the mansion that was once a home and wait for the banks to take the few things she has left.

Ted was betrayed by Sophia in high school. She stepped out on him, got pregnant and then married the boy who became her abuser. He has more right t
Jae
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc, 2013
4 stars. A lot of improvement from book #3 and #4.

Like all the books in the series, the Friday morning friends gathering was the down fall of the stories. I hated the gossiping they were doing. Seemed a lot like what a group of fourteen year olds would do.

But the story of how Sophia and her daughter hit rock bottom because of her late husband's greediness was very sad. Sophia and her daughter became the town's pariahs and things escalated from there.

A very fast paced drama. I enjoyed Sophia an
Sunny (Kindles & Wine Book Blog)
I was excited to be able to listen to Take Me Home for Christmas , which was recently released in audio by Tantor. I have always loved Brenda Novak’s Whiskey Creek series, and somehow in the mix of reading a vast majority of the series, I had missed this one. I am glad I got a chance to hear Ted and Sophia’s story.

I have always respected Ted. He is an accomplished author who has made a nice life for himself. He hasn’t concentrated too much on love since he has been so focused on his career. He
Olivia
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was asked by this author to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book I have read by Brenda Novak, I was not sure what to expect and I have to say what a breath of fresh air!

How long should you punish yourself for past transgressions? A year, 15 years, a lifetime? This is Sophia DeBussi biggest setback in life, that and her missing husband. So hell bent on punishing herself for every wrong decision she ever made in her teenage years, Sophia can't help but take yea
Danielle Gypsy Soul
This book had promise but there were a few big issues that just didn't work for me.

I liked the premise at first and wondered how Sophie and Ted would every get back together but I wanted to scream at Sophie to get over her guilt, I was a bad person it high school so I deserve to get dumped on by everybody. I also wanted to tell Ted to "suck it up" people get dumped when they are young and holding a grudge and only saying/thinking mean things about the woman you loved and yet refusing to move on
Samantha
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Each book in the Whiskey Creek series gets better and better. This story was emotional and intense from the very beginning. There is no lead up to the trouble, no lead up to the pain, no lead up to the torment for Sophia.

The progression of Ted and Sophia's relationship is what really pulled at my heart. Having known a little of their history through the previous books, I was already invested in their relationship and their lives. It hurt to see Sophia going through
Amanda
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone remembers Sophia as someone that was stuck up in school, played a part in killing a friend, and then she up and married a rich man and left her one true love. They can't just forgive her.

Skip is a wealthy man that puts on a good front. He wants everyone to think he is the richest man alive with the best of everything... even the best wife. Skip makes things look good on the outside but at home secretly abuses Sophia and makes her do a lot of things she doesn't want to do.

When Skip take
Jacqueline
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this episode in the Whiskey Creek saga. I really love stories about people who change from being not so nice people to caring kind worthwhile people.

This story had a lot of sad elements and quite a bit of angst. The heroine was trying hard and was doing whatever she needed to in order to provide for her daughter. She had no expectations of gaining anything for herself so it was lovely to see her get the man of her dreams.

The hero was okay but could have been a bit stronger. He was a
İlkim
Jul 13, 2017 marked it as to-read
Seride en merak ettiğim hikaye... Beklesem mi hemen mi okusam?
Danita
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Brenda Novak
Take Me Home for Christmas

I received an ARC of TAKE ME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS for an honest and unbiased review.

I have read every book written so far in the Whiskey Creek series beginning with the novella WHEN WE TOUCH and each book became my favorite. I found WHEN SUMMER COMES to be my all time favorite and never thought another installment of the series would top that but once again Brenda Novak proved me wrong with TAKE ME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS.

Summary:

Christmas is a time for remembering
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
I got a copy of this book from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Brenda Novak strikes again and this time she blows it out of the park. I read book three in Whiskey Creek series, Callie's story but it doesn't compare to Teds and Sophia. I have been curious about Sophia ever since she appeared in book three, and the part about her hiding at home because her husband beat her senseless.

Now Chip is gone, accidental death while trying to abandon his wife and daughter pe
Kendra Lola Kay
One of the most emotionally heart-wrenching & captivating books I have ever read in my life! 5 Stars!!!

***Received ARC from author & Netgalley in exchanged for an honest review***

Having never read any previous works from Brenda Novak, Take Me Home For Christmas not only has me wanting to read more of her work but also reeling from the emotional ride I went one while reading it. This book was at times a roller coaster with tears and a feeling of devastation. Here's why:

On the outside it
Ann Lorz
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't think I've ever read a Brenda Novak (the Whiskey Creek Series) that when I finished reading it that it didn't make me feel like my emotions had been on a roller-coaster ride. I felt like laughing, crying & yelling at the characters all in the same paragraph.

That's what this series has done to me. Makes me crazy!

Take Me Home for Christmas is book #5 in the Whiskey Creek Series. If you haven't yet read this series you really must. I'd say to read them in order becasue in a way they are
*P
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sweet-reads
4.75 Star Review

Take Me Home for Christmas was my first journey to Whiskey Creek and my first Brenda Novak novel. I really loved this story but then again I am a sucker for stories of forgiveness and second chances at love. In this book, Ted, one of the great guys at Whiskey Creek and Sophia, the town's pariah, find their way back to each other. Take Me Home for Christmas has romance, conflict, and even a little mystery.

Lucky for me, since I never read any of the previous stories, I found Sophia
Dorothy Callahan
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When Sophia’s husband disappears from their yacht one night off the coast of Rio de Janeiro, Sophia is the most likely suspect. But when his home office in California receives the FBI-- intent on bringing Mr. DeBussi in on numerous fraud and criminal charges-- it looks like his disappearance was more than a man falling overboard into a turbulent sea.

When Sophia and their daughter Lexie return home, they have to handle the fallout from all of Mr. DeBussi’s illegal actions. Now, with the entire t
Rachel
Jul 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
Jenn
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was my first Whiskey Creek book, so I was a bit worried I would miss a few things. But I didn't.

This is a story about true friendship and forgiveness.

Sophia returns to Whiskey Creek after her abusive husband dies running from the FBI. She has hit rock bottom and most of the town isn't ashamed to rub it in her face. She has to be strong for her 13 yr old, but she doesn't know if she can.

Ted Dixon is secretly pining over her all these past years, since she jilted him. So he really doesn't w
Honeybee
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: warms-my-cockles
3.5 STARS!

Sophia DeBussi is rich, beautiful, and married to the most successful man in Willow Creek. Unbeknownst to everyone she's been living with an abusive husband and coping with a drinking problem. Which lands her in rehab for several months. With the promise of starting over Skip takes Sophia and their daughter Lexi on an anniversary trip to Brazil aboard their yacht. All is well until the morning Skip goes missing. That's when Sophia's world is turned upside down!
I really enjoyed how Bre
Molly
Dec 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
The more I get to know these people and this town, the less I like them.

This is the fourth book in the series. Ted and Sophie were high school sweethearts and then Ted goes off to college and Sophia doesn't wait for him. She marries a wealthy jerk that gets her pregnant and treats her like dirt for the next 13 years. Ted also treats her like dirt. All of Ted's friends treat her like dirt, mostly.

This book actually had a run down of all the people at the front of the book. The "Cast of Characters
Rhonda
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I kept putting this book off because I thought I would not like Sophia's character. There were parts of it I did not admire, but so many more parts I liked. I was not that happy with Ted's character either. I was surprised how much I enjoyed their story. How mad I got at other characters in the book. Especially the Sheriff.

The plot was good. It kept me reading so much that I did not put the book down until I had finished it.

I was very invested into their story. I wanted things to workout
books similar to Take Me Home for Christmas (Whiskey Creek #5) 6 14 Oct 03, 2014 06:39AM
  • Christmas in Snowflake Canyon (Hope's Crossing, #6)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Merry and Bright
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Christmas on Main Street (Snowberry Creek, #1.5; Shelter Bay, #6.5; Cricket Creek, #5.5; Bayberry Island, #0.5)
  • Holiday Kisses: This Time Next Year\A Rare Gift\It's Not Christmas Without You\Mistletoe and Margaritas (Holloway #1)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Half Moon Hill (Destiny, #6)
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
  • Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café (Gingerbread Café, #3)
  • This Time Next Year
  • Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites, #1)
  • The Tea Shop on Lavender Lane (Life in Icicle Falls, #5)
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a
More about Brenda Novak

Whiskey Creek (10 books)
  • When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1)
  • When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2)
  • When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)
  • Home to Whiskey Creek (Whiskey Creek, #4)
  • Come Home to Me (Whiskey Creek, #6)
  • The Heart of Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #7)
  • This Heart of Mine (Whiskey Creek, #8)
  • A Winter Wedding (Whiskey Creek, #9)
  • Discovering You (Whiskey Creek, #10)