Start by marking “Milayna (Milayna, #1)” as Want to Read:
Milayna (Milayna, #1)

Milayna

(Milayna #1)

From the bestselling author of PODs comes an unforgettable tale of action, intrigue, and following your heart in the midst of betrayal.

It’s hard being good all the time. Everyone needs to be bad once in a while. But for seventeen-year-old Milayna, being good isn’t a choice. It’s a job requirement. And it’s a job she can’t quit. Born a demi-angel, Milayna steps in when dang
Paperback, First, 287 pages
Published March 17th 2015 by Clean Teen Publishing (first published December 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Milayna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Milayna

Michelle Pickett
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you like a strong heroine, some action, a little deception, and some romance thrown in..."Milayna" is the book for you.
Lexie
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned-read
I'm not in a position to write a long review so here's the hit list:
+ Milayna admits her imperfections and while she's kinda bad at listening to good advice, she at least cleans up her own messes.
+ There's no love triangle! a shade of instalove...but I'll forgive that since her life was one long roller coaster of suck for 6 weeks. That tends to make feelings grow quick.
+ I guarantee if you liked the Concillium (spelled that so wrong) series you'll enjoy this.
+ Parents who do parental things! act
Sherry Ficklin
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that is so good, so full of twists and turns, that you find yourself unable to sleep because you HAVE to keep reading it. I LOVED her other book PODs so I was worried that this one might not be as good. Silly me, I should have known better. The characters grab you from page one and drag you along. I literally caught myself holding my breath.

And I will also say that I know the author personally (We've met twice and I think she is super nice IRL) but that in no way bias
Meradeth Houston
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been looking forward to this one for ages because I love Michelle's work! This was a seriously fun read, and I loved the world and characters that populate it. Milyana is hilarious and strong willed, and I loved her for those things. She goes through some serious craziness throughout the book, but handles it well. And then there's Chay. Michelle has a way of creating book boyfriends that you really, really wish would walk out of the pages (and maybe be a decade or so older.... ;). But, yeah ...more
Wendy C
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Milayna by Michelle K. Pickett

Milayna by Michelle K. Pickett is a story about a girl named Milayna, who finds out that she is a demiangel. Milayna is upset with her parents that they did not tell her that she was a demiangel and that her father was a high ranking angel. Milayna also finds out that a lot of the people she goes to school with are also demiangels.

Milayna's parents tell her that until she turns 18, she is open to attack from the demon Azazel, who wants to absorb her powers. Chay,
Erika
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting fantasy world!

The narration at the beginning was hard to get used to. It was VERY juvenile and outrageously jumpy with the extreme switches of the protagonist’s emotions. It threw me out of the story more times than I care for when I’m reading an author I’ve never read before.

However, once you get through the first third of the book and all the tween angst has been “dealt with” it picks up speed and gets interesting with character development and plot.

To reiterate: be prepared for
Victoria Paine
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspense filled better than an endless bag of m&m's

A mystery, sci fi with angels, whatever the genre couldn't put this one down until the story was complete. Strong yet vulnerable female main character with a supporting cast of friends. Action moved the storyline along with twists of fate to keep you reading. No doubt M would triumph but what casualties would happen during the journey.
Patti
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This was a great read. I liked the charectors and how they reacted and paired well with each other and situations in the story. The relationship between Chay and Milayna was nice and added a little romance but wasn't the main focus which was nice. All in all it was pretty darn good.
Jade Kersey
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Joy
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. I adore Chay. The story was fantastic and it was great the whole way through.
Tianna✸loves books✸
This was a good book. It's not bad at all. But I'm at this point of my life where I have already read this kind of books. There's nothing new for me. It's the same old. Maybe if I have read it at my initial stages of reading paranormals, I would have loved it for sure. But now I want more.
Note for future reference---
Christina
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was really surprised by this book it was good a tad predictable but it was free so I didn't set the bar to high ...defiantly going to continue this series
Elen Tabita Bertoldi
I love a good read about angels or half angels and of course this one attracted me right away.

Not only the covers are beautiful but the synopsis brings my curiosity. And it sure didn't disappoint me.

The story doesn't fall right into the whole demi-angel right away, so we know what Milayna is before she discover it herself. I guess if the synopsis didn't give it away it may have made even more interesting because we would wonder along with Milayna why she had these strange feelings and visions. B
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Milayna is about to turn 18 very soon. Usually a teenager would be excited but not Milayna. She recently started to experience strange visions. They made her dizzy and sick to her stomach. The visions varied but it was always someone who was in danger and she tried to help the stranger out of the danger that awaited them. Looking for an explanation she visits her grandma. Her grandma reveals that Milayna is a demi-angel. Her dad is an angel and her mom is a human. She also explains that there ar ...more
lauren.
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Spoilers may be ahead. Read at your own risk.

Positives
- Milayna was actually a decently likable character. She was believable. She wasn't "too mature," or "too immature," or a total misfit like all other YA characters. And she HAD a brain that she used (a believable amount of the time, for a teen). THANK YOU, MICHELLE K. PICKETT!

-I actually liked how her relationship with Chay grew. Yes, there was a small amount of instalove, but I felt Pickett made up for it with date scenes and trying to deve
Avid Reader Amy's Reviews
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angels, paranormal, ya
Milayna is one of those books that captures your attention from the beginning. It has action, romance, angels and demons. Everything you can ask for when reading a paranormal book. The writer does a fantastic job at creating a world that draws you in and keeps you on your toes till the very end.
Milayna is a character that you want to be your best friend. She is badass and down to earth. She also fights her destiny because all she wants to do is be "normal". I think a lot of readers can connect
Maribel Platypire Reviews
***I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.***

Let me just start off with this: Michelle K. Pickett has rapidly become one of my favorite authors. I love that she created characters that had great chemistry together. Dialogue was great and I have to admit that for about 75% of this book, I had a goofy smile on my face because of Chay. He was a swoon-worthy character and he was charming and sweet and so attentive to Milayna. Characters like him are why I love reading, more
CrazyBookworm99
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so it started off kind of cliché when Milayna was being told that she was a demi-angel. But then a couple of chapters later I realised how captivating the writing was, how twisted the plot was and came to the conclusion that my first impressions were completely wrong.

Milayna comes of full power at the exact time of her 18th 'birth minute'. Until then, she is fair game for Azezel to turn into one of his hellish minions. With the help of the group of demi-angels secretly at her school (all ar
Sharon Hughson
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book earns a solid four out of five stars from me.
What I liked:
Milayna is likable and relatable. Her plight is gripping and unexpected (especially to her). Other than Chay, I found most of the characters cardboard cut-out and thus wasn't as engaged in the story as I would have been if there was an entire cast who compelled me to read on.
What I questioned:
I thought the kids couldn't be influenced after 18, but every one that turned to the "dark side" was over 18.
Many of the reactions seemed
Kristy Hamilton
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Milayna for an honest review....
Before I read the book, I really didn't know what it was going to be about. I wanted to read it because of the cover and because I really enjoyed Unspeakable. I thought it was just going to be another YA love story...
Milayna is not another YA love story.
Milayna is almost 18 years old. She is in her last year of high school and just enjoying her life. But she knows something different is happening to her and it scares her.
Milayna is seeing thin
Elizabeth
Full of action

I was excited to read this. Angels vs demons always gets my brain moving in overdrive. I liked this novel. It kept me entertained. I was actually surprised a bit because normal ya novels tend to bog down with a lot of drama. This novel really balanced action with drama and the high school dramas were resolved very quickly instead of being drawn out. I would definitely pick up the second to see where things end up.
Breana Vachon
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teens, young adults
Milayna is one of those books that you start and don't put down until it's done. It's full of twists and turns and countless breathtaking moments. A story of a brave heroine who's story will leave you wanting more and hanging off the edge. Milayna is one of my favorite stories, and I'd like to thank Michelle for allowing me this amazing Beta read experience. Read Milayna!
Mary Beth
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Lots of repetitive fight scenes, but the chemistry between Milayna and her boyfriend is good. Readers can easily see Milayna's growth into her Demi-angelic powers and those powers are pretty cool. A cliffhanger ending makes me want to find out what happens next.
Rikssyl
Dec 06, 2018
Rhianna
rated it did not like it
Aug 17, 2018
Bobby Trogden
Apr 09, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Moonflower
  • Destroying the Wrong (Wrong, #1)
  • This Side of Forever
  • Blood Bound
  • Shadows of Fate (Shadow Born, #1)
  • Ashlyn's Radio
  • Predestined (Preordained, #2)
  • The Awakener (The Watchers of Men, #1)
  • Blood Alley (The Highwayman #1)
  • True Connection (Soul Mate, #1)
  • Vision
  • Exposing ELE (ELE, #3)
  • Sins of the Fallen (Academy of the Fallen, #3)
  • Soul Ties (Soul Ties, #1)
  • Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1)
  • Losing Logan (Losing Logan, #1)
  • The Mind's Eye (SYNSK, #1)
  • Soulmate (Ganzfield, #6)
Want to read Michelle's newest novel for free? Get your copy HERE!

Note: Though Michelle's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads regularly. The best way to contact her is through her Website or via Email. She can also be found on Twitter and Instagram. She'd love to hear from you, but Michelle's Goodreads Email is NOT monitored.

Michelle is an award-winning YA auth

Milayna (3 books)
  • Milayna's Angel (Milayna, #2)
  • The Innocent (Milayna, #3)
“He looked like the devil. His skin ruddy, his eyes a glowing yellow. Jet black hair slicked back on his head hung to his shoulders. But the demons didn’t call him Devil, or Satan, or even Lucifer. They called him…

Azazel.”
4 likes
“The visions scared me. And I was scared to tell anyone about them. I didn’t want them to think I was a freak. Maybe I was. That scared me, too.” 1 likes