Start by marking “The Genehunter” as Want to Read:
The Genehunter

The Genehunter

Some secrets are best left buried...

Simms is a genehunter, paid to track down the DNA of the famous and infamous of history for his clients' private collections. What they do with the DNA isn't his problem - even if they are using it to create illegal clones.

He walks a line, pulled in many different directions at once. The law, competing genehunters, ex-lovers, religious n
Published May 18th 2013 by Stormcrow Books

To ask other readers questions about The Genehunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Genehunter

Start your review of The Genehunter
Wendy S. Delmater
In receiving author bios I discovered that veteran Abyss & Apex author Simon Kewin, who has a story in this edition, has written novels. Here is my review of his science fiction noir gumshoe book, The Genehunter.

Very few authors writing about future tech extrapolate well on multiple fronts: social, technological, economic, theological, political. Add Simon Kewin to the ranks of authors who have not only done such extrapolations, but done them well, with believable characters and an intricate plo
Lyndon
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella
The Genehunter by Simon Kewin is a top notch cyberpunk, SF-noir thriller with enough subplots and clandestine organizations to keep mystery/conspiracy lovers captivated to the very last page. Excellent blend of imaginative setting (far future tech world), intriguing characterization (a protag you'll both love and hate), compelling plotting (5 episodes that each have their own story arc and yet thread together into a complete whole), and powerful storytelling (Kewin's voice and narrative skill ar ...more
Pchirsch
Entertaining and action packed. This takes place in the future so I had to get into the modern devices introduced, like travel pods. The story is believable considering how far science has come, the author also introduces how the body of the future will be put together and manipulated. The anatomy is fun to see .as well as future surgery, and brain manipulation.
It’s a page turner because Simms is always getting into tight spots and you never know who or if he’s being followed by friend or foe. T
Pat Welte
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone that likes sci-fi
I liked this book, had different storylines which is one of the things I like about Sci-Fiction. It kept my interest throughout the book. I will be looking for more by this author.
Suzy
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this ebook as a free giveaway in exchange for an honest review and I just finished reading it last night. In a nutshell, I loved it!!! The premise was fascinating - a DNA detective who hunts down and acquires DNA samples of famous people (usually rock stars) for collectors, a Genehunter, or Genie for short.

The book is set in the future and cloning has become something of an illegal hobby for the rich and bored. They acquire the DNA of someone famous and clone them for their personal
Rhonda
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
The main character in this book is a genehunter (hence the title). A man who tracks down DNA and sells it to collectors. That seems benign enough, until you realise those collectors tend to use the DNA to make clones which they house in personal zoos. This isn't just a book about a genehunter struggling with his conscience (though really, there's probably enough material there to fill one all by itself), it is a thriller where the stakes are much higher than peace of mind or one man's values.

I
Thomas Norwood
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's been quite a while since I've read a cyberpunk novel this good. Being a science fiction author myself, I read quite a lot of science fiction, and this one stands out as one of the best I've read in a while. There are heaps of cool ideas in here (I especially love the brain plugins which give the users a high level of control over their bodies, including what they see), the characters are very well drawn and relatable (not perfect, not always likable, but real and often funny), the writing s ...more
Katarina Nolte
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In this futuristic thriller, Simms, a famous head hunter, seeks and finds the DNA of dead people.

It’s the 22nd century and people have brain plugins inside their heads, communicate with one another via pings (telepathic communication), and are literally interconnected via the wordwide web. They even get paid via their brain plugins. People travel city to city and country to country via jump nodes (teleportation). ... Book Review: The Genehunter By Simon Kewin » Katarina Nolte
Frank Becker
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting idea, exciting world, never boring (always something going on) but somehow the end is a little to weak for me...
The kindle book also contains an alternate (short) version of the books story - good idea; and an interesting exploration of the basic idea!
Jennifer Womack
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
captivating

I read this in one sitting. The characters are interesting and have depth. The stories are involving and while he has to be somewhat repetitive, he keeps from being overly boring. I will read more of his stories and books and definitely more Genehunters.
Anthony
Feb 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
I had to just give up on this book. After about a dozen or so pages the writing style just grated on my nerves too much. The descriptions and dialogue were just too stiff.
J.M.
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Excellent series, perfect for a sci-fi fans. If you like William Gibson, give this a try.
Robert Cornish
Andrew
Feb 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Paris Architect
  • Spirit Walk (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #1)
  • The Long Way Home (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #10)
  • The Farther Shore (Star Trek: Voyager: Homecoming, #2)
  • The Lead Cloak (The Lattice Trilogy, #1)
  • The Ordeal of the Haunted Room (Chronicles of St. Mary's, #11.5)
  • The Front (Winston Garano, #2)
  • Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City (The Siege, #1)
  • Joy To The World (Frogmorton Farm, #2.5)
  • Big Damn Hero (Firefly #1)
  • The Bone Ships (The Tide Child, #1)
  • Shattered Trident (Jerry Mitchell, #4)
  • Deadland Drifter (Deadland Drifter #1)
  • Soulkeeper (The Keepers, #1)
  • The Lycanthrope's Lawyer: An Urban Fantasy Legal Thriller (Colt Valentine Arcane Justice #2)
  • Peony
  • Lock & Key
  • Artificial Evolution (Big Sigma, #3)
Simon Kewin is a fantasy and sci/fi writer, author of the Cloven Land fantasy trilogy, cyberpunk thriller The Genehunter , steampunk Gormenghast saga Engn , the Triple Stars sci/fi trilogy and the Office of the Witchfinder General books, published by Elsewhen Press.

He's the author of several short story collections, with his shorter fiction appearing in Analog, Nature and over a hund