Start by marking “Champagne and Lemon Drops (Blueberry Springs, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Champagne and Lemon Drops (Blueberry Springs, #0.5)

Champagne and Lemon Drops

(Blueberry Springs 0.5)

One woman. Two men. One meddling small town.

Raised by her older sister in the small town of Blueberry Springs, all Beth Wilkinson wants is to create a family so big she’ll never be alone. Things are going great until her accountant fiancé, Oz, experiences a family trauma, forcing him to rethink everything from his own career to their nuptial plans—leaving Beth alone.

As Bet
Published March 7th 2013 by Jean Oram

To ask other readers questions about Champagne and Lemon Drops, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Champagne and Lemon Drops

Caro
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, own
This was an Enh... book. There were lots of emotions, some good characters, an ok story line, and some self-discovery. At first I was pulled in by the prologue, but the more I read the more I just wanted to finish to book and get to the ending. There was a lot of wishy-washy feelings and actions and the whole book was emotionally draining and had me wanting to smack everyone. I was exasperated and annoyed by the characters and didn't really connect or 'feel' them. It was an good book, but I woul ...more
Calista Taylor
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story started with a bang and had me racing through the story to see who Beth ends up with. Mixing humor with relatable small town charm, we're introduce to a fun set of characters, each with their own problems to solve. But most importantly, we have Beth who wants nothing more than to marry her sweetheart and fiance, Oz, and start a family, only to have Oz hit the breaks when he looks around and realizes he's living the life his father wanted for him-- not the one he wants for himself. Onl ...more
Samantha
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book it was a fun read one of those books that you can laugh a little at feel for the characters and smile when it’s over. The story revolves around Oz, Beth and Nash and Oz decides he needs to find himself but by doing that he pushes Beth away and into the arms of Nash. The emotions from each character was written great especially Beth as she had to deal with what she felt for both men. Oz did get on my nerves a bit I just wanted to yell at him to sort himself out it was h ...more
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
This book was just okay. A bit predictable and drawn out. The ending was sort of abrupt and I feel like I needed more groveling from the man she chose. There was an aspect of the story had I feel needed more of an explanation but was instead just kind of glossed over.
The writing was okay but the whole premise of the story just gave me whiplash.
Vicki
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Champagne and Lemon Drops, who can resist a title like that? Not me! I've had this book for a long, long time though and I finally got to it and I'm so glad.

It was just a really cute story about about Beth who was raised by her older sister, and her dream/goal in life is to have a really large family so she won't have to ever be alone. The book starts off with a quick and lame excuse of a breakup, when Beth's fiance Oz calls off their wedding. She is understandably devastated, but decides to sch
J.
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this book in the morning, and finished it later the same day. I loved it! I know Jean from a writing and publishing forum, so I had an idea of her writing ability. Still, I was a little wary because "chick lit" isn't my favorite genre. Nor is romance. I tend to find too many of them to be slightly vapid and fun for a quick read, but not terribly satisfying. Champagne and Lemon Drops was a welcome change from what I usually consider chick lit to be.

I was surprised to find myself getting
Kristina Smith
What do you do when you are torn between two loves? That is the situation that our heroine and self-proclaimed "country bumpkin", Beth, finds herself in. There's Oz, her fiance whom she has loved all her life, but who just told her that he needs time and space so that he can "find himself". And then there is Nash - the new doctor in town who offers Beth a new career, champagne and a trip to Paris. What's a girl to do? Well, if you are Beth, you waffle. You go back and forth in your emotions abou ...more
María
After reading a heavy historical book this one seems very easy to read. And it was but I was not expecting the emotional roller coaster. Choice the better man seems very easy at the beginning: Nash was the perfect pospect and Oz (whose real name is Osward) was a lost cause...
But although I and maybe all women dream with a romantic travel to Paris, Oz is the man of Beth dreams, and slowly I changed my mind I understood that they had to be together.
I like the references to the Wizard of Oz and Dor
Jennifer Gallagher
Woohooo Jean Oram has written a fantastic book.. I was hooked after a few pages..I loved it!! The characters were awesome and I felt as if I was there with them.. I could really relate to them... have to admit the story as it opened out kept me wanting more.... 2 hunky guys what more could this girl ask for in a book apart from a happy ending !!!... I Laughed out loud at many moments.. then others rocked my heart.. This wonderful author is now in my Favourite list.. I recommend this book 100%
Juliana Rodrigues
Finding yourself can be more difficult and messy than most of people think.
Trying to discover what he really want for live, Oz ask a break in his relationship with Beth.
Utterly surprised Beth is post in check. Is her truly sure of who she is and what her dreams are?
The premise was interesting, but Beth was a to undecided girl, way to much. Her attraction for Nash mixed with her hurt feelings was a combination fated to go wrong. And Oz was to much a 'I need to figure this out all by my on' kind o
Jemi Fraser
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read through this novel from the very first stages. I love this story! Jean is an awesome author and her characters jump right off the page for you! You'll be rooting for Beth in no time & agonizing with her over the 2 sexy men in her life! Enjoy!
Jessica Peck
The ending was very abrupt.
Donna
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Cover/Title: Now that I read the book, I understand the title. I wouldn't compare them quite like that but....

Characters: The characters were ok. I am not a fan of Beth. I prefer the heroine to be stronger, more decisive and with a take no crap kinda attitude. I am also not a fan of Oz. He is a real jerk in this book.

Plot: Beth is pushed away by her fiance and she has to learn to move on. However, every time she moves on, he does something stupid that makes life difficult for her.

Overall: It w
Jessica
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly insightful, never denying the complexities and ambivalences of adulthood. I found myself recognizing myself and my real-life relationship throughout the book and gaining through that reflective process. I couldn't put it down. Impressive!
Margaret
This book is OK but I just had trouble with why Beth was marrying Nash when she knew she was still in love with Oz. She jumped into the relationship with Nash as a rebound fling and really should have just let it go. She and Oz needed to talk more and sort out what he was going through. I still love the characters of Blueberry Springs.
Sharis A Gibson
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Kristen
Didn't finish this one, talk of sex outside of marriage within the first 7% of book, didn't want to continue reading.
Tracey
Giveaway winner

I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. I was really impressed with this book. The writing was funny and very well written. The plot was interesting and kept you guessing. I really enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. I can't wait to read the next blueberry springs novel
S.R. Roddy
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nash - The new doctor in town: young, handsome and charismatic. Always managed to be there when Beth needed a shoulder to cry on.

Oz - Going through some sort of early mid-life crisis. After working a job he hated for years he suddenly one day decides he needs to find himself, but he can’t do it with his fiancé hanging around. He needs a break from work, relationships and life in general while he figures out who and what he is. Asking for a month - such a short time seems reasonable.

Beth - Notice
Patricia

Meet the citizens of Blueberry springs. A small town where nothing is kept secret for long. Beth a small town recreational therapist , Oz her small town fiancé , who needs a break to figure things out . Then there is Nash the hot big city doctor who is there for Beth in her hours of need when trying to figure out what Oz wants out of life. As they work their way through the ups and downs of small town life and the gossip that eventually gets spread around. Will they survive it and will Beth act
Celia Kennedy
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beth and Oz have it all when it comes to love, or so those of the small town of Blueberry Springs think. Soon after their engagement, Oz realizes that in order to have a future, he must understand who he is... and he isn't whom everyone thinks he is.

Beth is a simple, lovely girl who has the gumption she needs to forge a path to the life she wants. For years this life has included Oz. When he abruptly asks for time to find himself, Beth's life goes on hold. Her career as a care provider for the e
Anabela
Breaking up with someone who you already have your future planned out with is always hard. You question yourself 'What now?'. It's like you lose track of where you're heading.

In this case Beth had it all planned out, she was engaged to her dream guy Oz, she had her dream job, her loving family..or should I say she ALMOST had it all. Unfortunately things don't always go as we plan.

Everything that could go wrong just went wrong. At the beginning she was really patient, gave all the space Oz need
Lynn Davis
Well honestly, I must admit that I am not too sure if I liked this one. For several reasons, I can't explain them all here but here are the ones that make it hard to decide.

I really like the concept of the story. A girl that comes to grip with her desire for more and allows herself to see what is available to her that would still allow her to experience what she longed for.

However, I can't say her method was that of a well thought out heroine. She made some mistakes and should have led to regret
Kathryn Parry
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gosh where to start with this?

It pulls you in very quickly and has some amazing writing but there is a big but with this story.
I hated Oz with his emotional bullying and how cold he treated Beth. Nash is a controlling person that made me want to scream at Beth to run as far away as possible and last was Beth. Her acceptance of the way Oz treated her was downright pathetic. Sorry she was still madly in love or questioning if he still loved her after being cruel then going along with everything N
Nadine
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a pleasure to read this book. After you have read the book, the name makes so much sense and it is so true what it is trying to imply. In love, you sometimes have to take the sour of the lemon drop to really appreciate all the sweet moments in a relationship, even though the champagne sometimes tastes a lot better. I will not divulge much more than that, otherwise it will give away the whole story! The main characters were interesting. In a way it was a journey that you take with them, to ...more
Jo-Anne
Champagne and Lemon Drops brings us Beth who is torn between loving two men (we should all have such problems). She is engaged to Oz but he wants to take a break to find himself. She is devastated but quickly starts dating Nash who is a doctor that has come to her small town for a short time. Then she becomes engaged to him. This story takes place in the small town of Blueberry Springs where everyone knows everybody else and what they are doing at all times.

I couldn't connect with the characters
Michelle Hauck
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
Beth's fiance tells her he needs a break and she finds herself caught between him and the new doctor in town. Her fiance pushes her away while the new doctor is all cozy friendship, at first... I found myself in an unusually position with this story: I was torn between the two guys just like Beth. Usually I latch onto a clear favorite man, but this time the story was so well done and, the men so sympathetic, that I couldn't choose. They were both great!

Except for wanting a little more time spent
Cheryl
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before the review, I must say I know the author from an online group. She posted it was free for Kindles and so I grabbed it.

Beth is taken aback when her fiance wants a break from their relationship, but she goes along with it. The break turns into weeks, then months.

Another man comes along. She likes him and he likes her so after some serious courting, they get engaged. Logical, huh?

But her old fiance is still in love with her. And Beth... Maybe Beth's still a little in love with him, too.

I don
Leslie
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good. It was quirky, had small town humor. I found Beth to be whiny and wishy washy. It was a good clean read.
Beth and her finance take a "break" not her idea. Oz starts to have a mid-life crisis of sorts. He tells Beth he just isn't ready. He strings her along for months just saying he needs more time. Beth just keeps hanging on. Enter a new Dr. at the hospital she works at. He is handsome and an all around good guy. They end up falling in love or so Beth thinks. She ends up enga
Resa B
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Interesting premise but the writing lagged and I was hard pressed to find anything to like about any of the characters. I struggled through the second half just because the idea of not finishing a book grates me, but I was really tempted to chuck it into that small pile of books never to be revisited.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• My Beautiful Struggle
  • Baking Bree
  • Reinventing Claire
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Curves of the French Riviera (Curves of the French Riviera, #1)
  • Our Second Chance (The Chances Are Series #1)
  • Scavenger Hunt (A Finny Aletter Mystery, Book 1)
  • A Love Of Her Own
  • Hot Summer

My newsletter subscribers just got a FREE book. Are you getting fun stuff from me? If not, subscribe here for exclusive freebies, giveaways, and new release info: http://www.jeanoram.com/FreeBook

Jean Oram grew up in an old schoolhouse in a Canadian town, population 100 (cats and dogs not included). She is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author of feel-good, tingle-inducing,

Blueberry Springs (6 books)
  • Whiskey and Gumdrops (Blueberry Springs #1)
  • Rum and Raindrops (Blueberry Springs, #2)
  • Eggnog and Candy Canes (Blueberry Springs, #3)
  • Sweet Treats: A Blueberry Springs Valentine's Day Short Story Romance Box Set (Blueberry Springs, #4)
  • Vodka and Chocolate Drops (Blueberry Springs, #5)
  • Tequila and Candy Drops (Blueberry Springs #6)
“I've heard of a third eye, but I didn't realize it was a googly eye. I thought it was mythical.” 7 likes
“That woman could spread gossip faster than the flu in a whorehouse.” 4 likes