Start by marking “Home Sweet Home (Home #5)” as Want to Read:
Home Sweet Home (Home #5)

Home Sweet Home

(Home #5)

Book five in the Home Series.

Home is sweetest when it’s the one person you can’t live without.

Published May 27th 2013 by Total-E-Bound (first published May 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Home Sweet Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Sweet Home

Trisha Harrington
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cowboys, loved
This book was fucking perfect. Perfect I tell you!

Yancey and Juan have been secondary characters in this series for so long. I fell in love with them during Brody and Tony's story. This book we got to concentrate on this couple and I loved that. They were sweet together and I knew that from book 2. I was anxious, nervous and excited when I saw they were the couple in the fifth book.

I loved how Juan and Yancey were together. They have grown a lot and matured. Yancey did a lot for Juan in their re
Arthur
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing

The couple that readers of this series have been waiting to read. As such, this is not a book you can read independently. This book is like 'fruit' of what the previous books have planted. After all, we knew about the main MCs since they were still teens.

The story is very simple. Yancey decided to buy a vet practice in Virginia, close to where Juan lived. Most events are about their routines (Juan trained, Yancey practiced as a vet). (view spoiler)
Susan65
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up just because.

It's always great to catch up with the guys...all of them. Still one of my favorite series. With that said:

This was definitely the least angsty, and was definitely the sweetest...unfortunately, that is not my favorite style so this ended up being my least favotite of the series. It tended to be a bit wordy and descriptive, but really wasn't going anywhere. I will however read the next one, if there are more...cause one bad apple does not ruin the bunch for me.

Highly r
Nic
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it
It was nice to see Yancey and Juan get their own story, albeit with lots of inclusion of the other couples we have grown to know throughout the series.

This story starts with a reminder of how Yancey and Juan first met as teens. The eighteen year old Yancey, who had been living on the streets, is older and wiser than Juan, who at sixteen faces some potential trouble at a club. Yancey 'rescues' him and something clicks that night for both of them.

They started their relationship slowly with their f
Chris, the Dalek King
Kinda nice to see Yancey and Juan finally get their story, but can't help but feel that this might have been better as a short story since there isn't a lot going on here. Even the bad thing that happens doesn't have much impact on the story or the emotional tone. I just kinda wish that their had been something more here. It is a very sweet story, though. Good if you are in the mood for a more fluffy-read.
Shelby
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well this one is one for the sweet tooth. This whole series has been light on the angst, heavy on the sugar and this is in that way the perfect conclusion for these two. We've known of Juan and Yancey forever and knew they were destined to be together. Ms. Chase gives us the perfect sweet cherry on top with this book.

Yancey has decided it's time. He's finished with vet school and his home is where ever Juan is. With his Grand Prix eventing keeping Juan tied to his barn on the east coast Yancey k
Karen
Apr 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-mm
Awww cowboys, they do make me smile and I love Ms Chase's cowboys. They were just what the doctor ordered. A nice follow up story on Yancey and Juan to complete their relationship. Not the most complex of plots but for me right now it was good. I really was looking to read something light and enjoyable with a HEA or at worst a HFN. I was left smiling and maybe fanning myself a little the steamy moments were nice.
Amy
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
This was so worth the wait!! I loved the ending, so sweet!!
Sabi
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As always a beatiful story. I would like to read a story about Edward. This is the perfect story for Yancy and Juan.
Barb Manning
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, romance
I loved re-reading this book.
Christy
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: m/m fans, westerns, true love
I knew going into this book it would be bittersweet. I have been reading this series for three months now and its sad for it to be at an end. The men in this series was hard to say goodbye to. It seems more than three months that I started them.

This book featured Juan and Yancey who we met in book two. Juan and Yancey have become men now following their dreams. Tony and Brody wanted their nephew and younger brother to go out and find their own thing in life before committing to each other. They
multitaskingmomma
May 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Somehow, this one did nothing for me, I could not connect.

This is book five of the Home Series.
Home is sweetest when it’s the one person you can’t live without.

In Home Sweet Home by T.A. Chase, Yancey MacCafferty and Juan Romanos fell in love when they were in their teens, but their families convinced them both to follow their dreams and explore the world before committing to each other.

Their dreams take them in different directions. Yancey heads off to veterinarian school while Juan goes East
Wendy Ann
This has been a really enjoyable series for me – part of it having to do with the continued connection of the characters throughout each subsequent book. This is the story of Yancey and Juan. The two boys were introduced in an earlier book, but I feel as though I somehow missed out on that whole electric “get to know you” phase since this story just gives a quick summary of that period of time. Given the fact that there was already an established relationship as well as the nature of Juan’s job, ...more
Tracy
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the last book available in this addictive series and what a wonderful read it was! I certainly got over emotional at the ending!

This is a very to read series. The story continues in each book and it is very easy to love the characters!

I will most certainly be reading more from this author and am keeping everything crossed that there will be another book in this series!
Highly recommended !
Marinieves
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book of the series. This is a great story .. This one is about Yancey and Juan . They fell in love since they were teenagers ...What kept them together along the way was the time they were apart. Sounds like a contradiction but they matured and it made it much better. Love never left them.
Bud Cordova
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Home is were the heart is

Another great novel from Chase. Showing love can go the distance no matter the obstacle in the way. Love how Chase's books can send very real life and not just pure fantasy.
Janie
May 02, 2013 rated it liked it
FINALLY Yancey and Juan get to be together all the time. They were such a sweet young couple who fell in love and survived a long distance relationship for so many years. I'm glad they got their happy ending and Christmas was great!
Katie
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, favorites, cowboy
So I get the feeling this series might be coming to an end soon. But I really, really hope Edward's story is next! I don't know how I feel about Scout either. We shall see

But I loved this story so happy we toy to FINALLY see Juan & Yancey's story!
Melanie
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it

Rating 4.5 stars out of 5

Heartwarming and absolutely enjoyable to read. We finally get Juan and Yancey's story and it is worth the wait. Read my full review here http://wp.me/p220KL-1sE

For more of my reviews and thoughts on writing, visit http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords...
Kandice
May 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Enjoyable, but a little slow. Not a lot to truly draw the reader into the story. This is the first of this series that I've read, so perhaps I would have gotten more out of their story if I'd read the others first.
Ivana
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect way to end this series. They were meant to be and you could feel it from the first book. This series definitely bought the warm and fuzzies but the author also knows how to write a very hot sex scene. I recommend them all to you, it was a wonderful journey.
Teresa
Sweet romance, but there is really no difficulty. There is some tragedy but seems easily overcome. If you've been waiting for Yancey and Juan's relationship you'll either love the strength these two have and be entranced by their steadfastness, or you'll be bored with the lack of conflict.
Brenda Maldonado
Dec 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I can't believe I am saying this, but this is my least favorite story in the series. The vibrant connection between Yancey and Juan was gone. The storyline lacked romantic tension. Love the series, but this particular book did not work for me at all.
My Dichotomy Life
I've been generous and given this a 5* rating, really it's a 4.5.

It's lovely to finally get to Yancey and Juan's story, and the epilogue 4 years later Rounds the series up beautifully. I do wonder if there is going to be another one with Edward finding his happy ever after?
Lily
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
3 stars. An ok read for me but not nearly as engaging as I had hoped.
CarolynAnne
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
reread 12/16
BookPixie's Bookshelf
I really liked Yancey and Juan's story! I hope there will be more book to this series.
Lynne Scholfield
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a fan .

Books with a gay theme don't do much for me. I just don't like books or movies like this. Sorry.
Amneris Cesare
Oct 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Second reading and boring. :(
Shelley
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it

• A Wild Ride (The Bullriders, #1)
  • Texas Family (Texas, #4)
  • Chase the Stars (Lang Downs, #2)
  • My Heartache Cowboy (The Cowboys, #2)
  • No Commitment Necessary (Encounters, #2)
  • My Only Sunshine
  • Love, Like Water
  • Seeing You
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Out of the Shadow (Cattle Valley, #6)
  • Cowboy Waltz (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana related)
  • Cowboy Convenience (Blaecleah Brothers #6)
  • Tyler's Cowboy (Cowboy Lovin' #1)
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.

Home (6 books)
  • No Going Home (Home, #1)
  • Home of His Own (Home, #2)
  • Where His Home Lies (Home, #2.1)
  • Wishing for a Home (Home, #3)
  • Leaving Home (Home, #4)
“Home is my heart in your hands, and yours in mine. Nothing will ever change that.” 6 likes