Start by marking “Capture & Surrender (Market Garden, #5)” as Want to Read:
Capture & Surrender (Market Garden, #5)

Capture & Surrender

(Market Garden #5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  955 ratings  ·  200 reviews
Ever since his partner died, Frank has resigned himself to staying single. He wards off the loneliness by spending time with friends on the paintball field and running his high-end brothel, the Market Garden.

After one of his most lucrative rentboys quits, Frank is thrilled when a gorgeous replacement walks through the door. A former US soldier, Stefan is hot, bold, and per
ebook, 1st Edition, 225 pages
Published August 9th 2013 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Capture & Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Capture & Surrender

really liked it 4.00  ·

Susan
Aug 25, 2013 rated it liked it

Ok, YES...this is what I was looking for in this series at this point in the game. I loved Jared & Tristan and their very hot, but very short, stories. I, admittedly had some trouble with book 3 (If it Flies) and, because Aleks said I could (ha!), I skipped book 4. (Although, I think I will go back and read it...I'm not done w/ Nick & Spencer yet, I don't think). I just wasn't sure how many more hot shorts I would be into reading.

Witt & Voinov change the game with this one.
Shurrn
Market Garden gets serious with the fifth installment.

(All spoilers are hidden)
...everything about this seemed like a recipe for disaster.

But even if he was headed for the mother of all car crashes, he couldn't bring himself to hit the brake with everything he had, not for his sake, not for Brandon’s sake, or Market Garden’s, or sanity, or morality, or because it wasn't fair or even very balanced.

Seemed all he could do was grip the steering wheel and keep going until something stopped him.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
This book is made my feelings explode! It is an emotional read to be sure. People with a hard time reading about pain and loss might want to proceed with caution.

**No spoilers in this review!**

The latest book in the fabulous "Market Garden" series is very different from the ones proceeding it. It is much heavier, much more serious, though it still retains its trademark sexiness. It is amazing how a book can be that hot yet that emotional at the same time.

Frank is a man with a past and when his
Jenni
Jun 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm at a loss for where to start.
I guess here: I love Market Garden, and I love Voinov and Witt together, like a kid loves cake.
But this book, sadly, didn't work for me. I liked it; I just didn't love it.

What I've come to expect from this series is a smart, engaging story with fabulous MCs and a lot of dirty (dirty), smexy loving. Light, but not fluffy; tension, but not full blown, nail-biting angst.

I got all that here, but it was…different. Heavier. Capture & Surrender left me feeling de
Tina
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: just-awesome

Okay, I have to admit I am a sucker for the Market Garden stories. As the first two books were mainly hot pwp the third and especially the fourth book were an entirely different cup of coffee. I loved Nick's fighting for his love to Spencer.

In all of the previous books we got glimpses of the Market garden owner Frank and I was more than curious to read his story in this fifth installment. Btw, it's double the length of the previous books. :)

A few months ago I would have loved if Lori and Aleks
LenaRibka

***The best sequel in the series for me until now!***

"Holding people away from you, and denying yourself love, doesn't make you strong. If anything, it makes you weaker. Because you're doing it out of fear."

― Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby

I have to confess that I was a bit afraid to read this sequel.
I am a very sensitive reader if it concerns some very sensitive topics. From my view. I can't expect that the issues that I consider as the sensitive ones are also important for the other readers. And
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
5 AmazzBalls StArS

I'm a Huge, Huge fan of the Market Garden series, and this was by far my favourite.

Who knew that Paint-balling could be so god damn frickin dangerously Sexy!!

I know if anyone mentions paint-balling my thoughts will immediately go to this story - and I will think of Capture and Surrender with a wicked glint in my eye.

I was in Soho, London the other week having a coffee outside a lovely coffee shop watching the world go by.... it was glorious.....and I must admit my mind wondered
AnnaLund
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: M/M romance buffs, good soulful people, age-gap, strong male lead, light kink
Okay. I cried. And laughed. Then, I admit, I cried some more.
This was a beautiful book, so full of soul and heart. And hotness.

As you can see from my status updates, I totally fell into this one, not knowing that it was #5 in a series. Yeah, too many books on my iPad, you just don't see the numbers there. Just the pretty cover.
See, that is SO important for me, that the cover speaks to me. This one really did.

Then it continued speaking to me, in 3rd-limited-Frank-POV, and it was AWESOME to be i
Macky
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Market Garden Fans
When I think of the market Garden series I think really sexy and fun and when I picked up Franks story my initial thoughts were exactly the same, when Stefan walks into The Market Garden to take Nicks place and Franks eyeballs every ripped inch of him I thought woohoo this is going to be Sexaay , then when it got to the paintball game I wasn't just thinking I KNEW this was going to be a real sizzle fest because the UST between Frank and Stefan was jumping off the page and after a very hot ( ...more
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who like to drown in feelz
Prolly not going to be the most popular review of this book.
description

MARKET GARDEN: Arguably one of the deadliest and least successful operations of WWII

I'm starting to think The Wonder Twins named the series after this operation as a form of foreshadowing. My poor rent boys are dropping like flies.

I'll be honest, I feel like this series is going off the rails. It started off as fun, smutty, sometimes kinky little stories involving rent boys telling their shenanigans with their johns. Now I'm on feelz
SueC
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
A surprising addition to the Market Garden series.

It's really hard to discuss this story without giving away too much, so forgive me if this comes across somewhat cagey...

Capture & Surrender follows the lead of previous Market Garden books with it's outrageously sexy scenes and delicious MCs, but there's a difference here. This is not simply a story about two people getting it off in spectacular fashion. Its about two people who want, need and crave things from each other but they have been
Isabel
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very emotional book... I love the story, the writing... I love the characters... I love the MC's courage and honesty!
Sandra
OMG OMG OMG. Need to recover from the awesome to write up a review.

Go buy this now!!!

Also read this review on My Fiction Nook .

So I have not yet recovered from all the awesomesauce of this book. Still, I'm going to try writing up this review without fangirling/gushing/exclamations of devotion.

Capture & Surrender, book 5 in the Market Garden series set in London, is all about Frank, the owner of the strip club in front and the MM rentboy establishment in the back.

You might remember Fran
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

This series just gets better and better.

I've loved all of the main characters. As the series has progressed the storylines have become more developed, which is a plus.

But I am looking forward to getting back to Tristan and Jared.
Vivian
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, erotica-contemp
Humans need to be touched.

The sensory isolation of never being touched is a form of torture probably more insidious than solitary confinement. To see and to not feel, to live without even the barest of touches is cruel. Watching Frank almost killed me. It's also why watching Mike and Geoff pull him in actually made me want to cry even more. There's no way one can discount the beauty in their friendship to merely a menage.

That tenderness and love contrasts to the highly erotic fantasy role play
Elena
4.5 stars rounded up! :)
OK, so I had some problems with rating this one...
After Jared & Tristan and Nick & Spencer I was so surprised by this story!

First of all, I didn't expect this part to be about Frank, the owner of Market Garden. But I guess if his rentboys deserve their HEAs then why should he be any worse, huh? ;)

Secondly, Stefan! A sexy, muscular, powerful former soldier... Military fetish, drill sergeants, camo fatigues and paintball??? So NOT up my alley :( The whole idea o
Gina
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have grown to love this Market Garden series, for a fun and light type of read this series has been my “go to” in between more intense stories. This book was not light, this story had substance and depth and I loved it!

Like the blurb states Frank has resigned himself to being single. He spends his time with friends and his paintball group. Since the death of his partner he has kept himself separate, alone. He doesn’t hate his life, he has the Market Garden, good friends and good times. But, h
Kristie
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what I thought this book was really going to be about. I don't know that I even really read the blurb, though I'm pretty sure I did way back when. I knew who wrote it. I knew I've loved this series so far. I knew it was another one of those have to buy books because of those reasons alone. I've still not gone back to read the blurb again so I'm not sure If what that says would alter my review here. What I do know is that this book made me so happy and sad at the same time. A couple ...more
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I'm a Market Garden virgin, but this story is easy to read as a stand-alone. I could tell in the first chapter that the previous book must have been about Nick and his partner, but that was a brief scene, with the rest of the story focused on Frank (owner of Market Garden) and Stefan (new Dom for hire).

Here's the thing: This was a quick, smexy, dirty read. I have some minor complaints, but the fact that I gave this one 3 stars can be explained with: "It's not you; it's me." Really. I totally ge
Sheri
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me by surprise.
I was expecting a similar vibe to the first four books in the series and it was quite different.
Frank is recovering from a broken heart.
He doesn't play with his rentboys...not even outside of work on the paintball field.
But Stefan comes along and threw his rulebook out the window.
I enjoyed their chase and capture.
The heat level was nearly the same as previous books but overall this was...heavier.
I love my angst books but I just didn't seem to love it here.
Liked i
Vanessa North
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So, up until now, the Market Garden books have been--for me--some fun, kinky reads. This book breaks that mold--in a really good way. Anyone who knows me knows i'm kind of a sucker for the emo stuff, and this book totally went there. There were the fun, funny, kinky scenes, but also a pretty serious conflict/subplot which i won't detail here because...spoilers. I try not to do that.

Two authors i adore, a beloved series, fantastic characters. Book tears are the best tears, and i shed plenty this
Ana
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Better than the previous ones IMO, with more history and a more touching topic.
Vicky
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, mm, series, ebook-riptide
Capture & Surrender

I’m a big fan of the Market Garden series and this was my favorite edition. In Capture & Surrender we learn about Frank, the owner of the Garden, where all the rent boys work. Frank is instantly attracted to Nick’s replacement, Stephan, but doesn’t date his employees so he holds himself back, not wanting to break his own rules.

It starts out with a weekend of paintball, where ANYTHING goes and the attraction builds from there. Stephan is everything Frank wants in a man,
Alvin
Mar 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: faptastic
It started out as one of the sexiest, hottest, and kinkiest read I've read so far! And then it became dull. And it picked up a little in the end.

MY REVIEWS FOR THE OTHER BOOKS OF THE SERIES:
Quid Pro Quo review
Take It Off review
If It Flies review
If It Fornicates
Ije the Devourer of Books
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed this series and I was quite excited about this book but for some reason half way through I felt that I couldn't connect with the MCs. I didn't feel connected to them in the way I had for the other two couples in the earlier books. I think this is fine. I don't think each book should be so similar that readers get used to the kinds of characters in the books. The diversity of the characters and their different issues, their individual chemistry and their different challenges are wh ...more
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
***Arc provided via Netgalley in exchange for honest review***

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

L. A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov, what can I say, except that I love your dirty mind! Where do you get these crazy ideas- it's beyond me.

I started reading Market Garden Series, because I wanted a short, sexy & drama-free read after one book which left me completely emotionally drained, and I wanted it to be a MM romance, so after reading A. Voinov's Dark Soul Series which blew my mind,
Shirley Frances
Frank is the owner of the Market Garden. He is not looking for a relationship and is content to hang out with his friend and look out for his rentboys. That is until Stefan sauters into Market Garden for a job. From the moment he laid eyes on him, Stefan stirred some feelings Frank had thought were long forgotten. But Frank doesn't get involved with his rentboys. Hell, he doesn't get involved, period.

Stefan is an American ex-soldier trying to find a place where he can fit in. Being a rentboy is
Sunny
It took me awhile to get into this one. The story flowed well and the sex was hot, but I wasn't connecting with the MCs as a couple. For some reason, I wasn't feeling any tension/chemistry between them, as if I was told about their attraction to each other more than I was shown it.

That changed at about 40%, though, and by 60% I was hooked. Even though I didn't get the initial attraction, later on, there was no denying the tension and chemistry. (That scene in the office...I feel like I should g
S E. Jakes
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
God, I love this series. This book was more serious than the others, some big issues to tackle, but you all know how much I love me some angst. And the whole capture & surrender theme was just so good and hot. A highly recommended read - this book and the entire series.
Heidi
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-series, m-m
Stefan/Brandon and Frank...... Who knew paintball could be so enjoyable? *wink wink*
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• If It Drives (Market Garden #7)
  • City Mouse (Country Mouse, #2)
  • An Inch at a Time (The Professor's Rule #2)
  • Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #4)
  • Strain (Strain, #1)
  • Homecoming (The Flesh Cartel #7:)
  • Deliverance: Hooch and Matt's Story
L.A. Witt and her husband have been exiled from Spain and sent to live in Maine because rhymes are fun. She now divides her time between writing, assuring people she is aware that Maine is cold, wondering where to put her next tattoo, and trying to reason with a surly Maine coon. Rumor has it her arch nemesis, Lauren Gallagher, is also somewhere in the wilds of New England, which is why L.A. is al ...more

Market Garden (8 books)
  • Quid Pro Quo (Market Garden #1)
  • Take It Off (Market Garden, #2)
  • If It Flies (Market Garden #3)
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Payoff (Market Garden, #6)
  • If It Drives (Market Garden #7)
  • On the Clock (Market Garden, #8)
“Death was both kind and cruel: the overture was pure torment for anyone involved, but the conclusion was merciful.” 0 likes