Start by marking “Heroes and Hearts (Crystal Palace Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heroes and Hearts (Crystal Palace Chronicles, #1)

Heroes and Hearts

(Crystal Palace Chronicles #1)

Isabel Kendra is no stranger to a life of struggle. When her father disappeared years ago she and her mother had to fend for themselves. Even now as a chef experiencing burn out on the job, she does what is necessary to pay her bills while dodging her mother's attempts to find her a man. She is more than capable of taking care of herself and neither wants or needs some man ...more
Published March 27th 2013 by BookRix GmbH & Co. KG

To ask other readers questions about Heroes and Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heroes and Hearts

Rebecca
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I don't read many Romance/Fantasies - but I loved this! Once I started reading, I didn't stop until I finished the entire book! I love the characters and those love scenes... Phew! I love reading Fantasy books that have their own worlds and their own unique creatures, especially when they're based on old legends. Great job - I highly recommend it. I can't wait for Part Two to be released in May! I would recommend this series to my mom as well - for great summer reading.
Lexale
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could walk through a doorway into another world and meet a handsome prince - Isabel is so lucky! I thought this book was really cool, all the fantasy aspects like sorcery and dragons and the Eagle Lord. So much awesome for a novella! I heard that there is going to be a second book released in May and I'm excited to read it and get back to the Crystal Palace (which I could totally imagine being the setting for a movie). Isabell is a strong woman, and it's always great to read books about ...more
Lilly
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Heroes and Hearts is short and action packed. This is an easy read, the kind of book you could take to the beach or read under a shady tree in the park. It takes you to another world, filled with adventure, battles, dragons, and best of all - romance. The love scenes between Alaric and Isabel are well written and you'll probably need a cold glass of water afterwards... Enjoy it - I know I did.
L Avery Brown
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
The following is both a review of the book Heroes & Hearts by Noemi Betancourt as well as an interview with the author.
The 'Scores' listed based on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being outstanding and at the end of the review, all the scores are totaled and 'Magnolia Blossoms' are awarded. 90-100pts = 5 blossoms; 80-89pts = 4 blossoms; 70-79pts = 3 blossoms 60-69pts = 2 blossoms; and anything below 60pts = 1 blossom.

I hope you enjoy the review/interview.

Cordially,
L. Avery Brown
www.whenasouthernw
Anna
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. My only problem was that it was short. It took me just a few hours to read it. I defintitely enjoyed the story line. It felt like the story just took off from page one. I was hooked from the first chapter. I feel like it didn't take long to get into the action part of the story and the romance part. I didn't feel like I was reading less important information because the story got straight to the point.

The story begins with a little girl watching her father walk out on her
Jackie
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Heroes and Hearts was a great quick read. I loved everything about the story and its characters. I can really see where this will be a good little series. The only thing I found a bit hard to believe was Isabel’s quick acceptance of the whole new life that was thrust upon her. Also, I was left wondering about her mother and what exactly went on while Omar was away. I felt that this could have definitely been a longer book and would have clarified quite a few unanswered questions. Overall, it was ...more
Bj Gaskill
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WONDERFUL!!!!
The writing is very engaging, the characters are very well developed and the story itself is sweeeet!
Isabel is awesome. She isn't the "Oh worries me" type of character, she wants to handle things herself and believes she can.....that is until things dip deeper than she could fathom.
In walks Prince Alaric....
Prince Alaric is interesting.....As most men are, but his character is interesting in the fact that he is always there when needed.
The passion that develops between Prince Alaric
Louisa
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really enjoyable book, lots of fun to read, I really enjoyed the characters and the world!
Billie Jo
rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2015
Noemi Betancourt
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cya
Jul 17, 2014
Glittery
Nov 30, 2014
Toni
Apr 23, 2013
Noemi Betancourt
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Willard
Sep 04, 2014
Lynda Morrison
Aug 04, 2014
Michelle Hillstrom
rated it did not like it
Jan 28, 2016
Anna Lundblad
Mar 02, 2016
Cindy Warner
May 17, 2015
Born and raised in the NYC area, Noemi has traveled the world as a military wife of 10 years and is now settled in a bungalow on the Suncoast of Florida with her husband/disabled vet/ British expat/best friend and the three dogs who rescued them.