Start by marking “Winning Without Losing: 66 Strategies for Succeeding in Business While Living a Happy and Balanced Life” as Want to Read:

A business book about more than business: the ultimate guide to improving your work/life balance.

Whatever your job is, chances are you find it hard to switch off. Today, we work longer hours, at weekends, at home and on the move - while the office is only ever a click away via smartphones and the Internet. But as much as we assume that this is the price of success - it
Published May 2nd 2013 by Profile Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Winning Without Losing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning Without Losing

Start your review of Winning Without Losing: 66 Strategies for Succeeding in Business While Living a Happy and Balanced Life
Charles Eliot
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Most of the books I've read about business management fall into one of two categories. (Yep, this is yet another example of the hedgehog versus foxes dichotomy.)

In the first category the author has One Big Idea. He spends time, usually too much time, motivating and explaining the Big Idea. Then he applies the Big Idea to lots of situations - some apt, some not - until he has enough material to fill a book. Big Idea books are usually too long, and almost never provide enough detail for the reader
Sarah Bahowerth
الكتاب مميز لرائدي الاعمال يقدم لهم عدة مقالات ليعلمو كيف يوازنوا بين حياتهم الشخصية وعملهم ،وكيف يعملون لتحقيق اهدافهم،وكيف يتجنبون الجهد في العمل ،وكيف من المهم العناية بالجسد .
الكتاب له فكرة مميزة ففي كل نهاية مقالة هناك جملة تلخص كل مفهوم هذه المقالةوفي نهاية الكتاب تم جمعها لكي تبدأي تطبيقها
Andrea Domenichini
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I first discovered Martin and Winning Without Losing after seeing him on London Real TV

I bought the book and read it cover to cover and I can honestly say it has made me a happier person. I am much more able to pursue my life and business goals and yet feel as carefree and rested as when I was a little kid.

Powerful stuff!
Geert
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winning without losing consists of 66 short essays about all aspects of a healthy work / private life balance, how to boost your efficiency, get rid of time distractions etc etc. Not all essays are to the point, but most of them are and some of them are really valuable, so 5 stars here!

My favorite parts
- Assemble your wheel (meaning don't work alone or start a company alone, but start with a team)
- Get your sleep (yeah right with 3 small kids :-))
- Make yourself lean (also started to read
I Carnegie
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining read, full of practical tips and presented in a way that makes it easy to pick and choose the bits that work for you. I'm still a student but I felt like many of the strategies were applicable to my work as well, not just business or entrepreneurship. Would definitely recommend this book.
Dhiran
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An awesome read, for understanding the importance of success and balance in business and life generally. Sacrificing one for the sake of achieving success in other is an old school concept, the right mindset, team, practices and technology one can achieve the "Dual Optimum" (success in business and balance for all other things in life that one always wants to have. Jordan and Martin have narrated the 66 tips towards achieving the dual optimum not just using their experiences but also of many ...more
Chirag
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Top messages in the book are: Don't work hard, work smart. Leverage technology and build your life with wise strategies ( behaviour , habits pertaining to business i.e mode of operandi) that help you excel as an entrepreneur, making the journey enjoyable and exciting and not an arduous displeasure.

This book is a concise collection of advice that you can get from various sources such as inspirational people's stories, thoughts from best selling management books from recent times, blogs and TedX
Dmitry Kuriakov
Feb 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: management, self-help
(The English review is placed beneath Russian one)

Если книга «Введение в НЛП» О’ Коннора и Сеймуна стала худшей из книг по психологии, то книга «Меньше, но лучше» Бьяуго и Милн, стала худшей из разряда бизнес-книг. Кстати, книга больше похожа на сборник статей из глянцевого журнала, нежели на хоть немного серьёзную книгу.
О чём книга? О том, как хорошо работать столько, сколько ты хочешь, а не, сколько хочет работодатель. Работать с теми людьми, с которыми работать приятно, а не с теми, кто
Camilla
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who like self-help
Recommended to Camilla by: Giveaway
3.75 stars (I was very much in doubt about the 3 or 4 stars, but as it's a 3.75, I'll follow the mathematical system and round it.)

It's quite difficult to write new things about succeeding in business while living a happy life. But it's not difficult to write about this. The problem is: It's almost impossible to put these in practice.
Well, I didn't find many different things in this book, but it received my 3.75 stars because it has a very easy way to show these things. The strategies are much
Du Nguyen
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Winning Without Losing by Martin Bjergegaard and Jordan Milne is a book about the work/life balance in the context of entrepreneurs.

I really like the idea of this book. How to maintain a sense of balance in your life even though you're working to keep your company afloat or to grow it before it fails. The book is organized into 66 small essays representing 66 tips that can help you regain the balance. It is organized into seven sections: how to do things more smartly, how to do things
Richard
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Winning Without Losing contains 66 essays (short, 2-3 page chapters) on tips and ideas for business owners and entrepreneurs on how to be successful in business *and* life.

There is a lot of focus on Life/Work balance, beating overwhelm, looking after yourself both physically and mentally, and growing as an individual who can help others.

I personally found the book inspirational. It was easy to digest (I found myself unable to read the book beyond a chapter or two, as I wanted to get on and
Christian Jensen
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most inspiring books I have ever read, and Martin and Jordan, and all of their role models, really show you that being successful in your professional life doesn't have to cause any shortcomings in your personal life. I love the way the book is built up with a series of easily read essays that provide you with specific tools and motivating stories that make you want to create the best life possible for yourself and the people closest to you.
So read this book, forget 'no pain,
Gavin Moore
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a superb guide on how entrepreneurs should be living their lives. It really is a wonderful tool to ensure you have everything in place to succeed at work, without missing out on anything at home, or wherever else you may like being for that matter! Being successful at work doesn't mean spending 50 hours in the office each week. Take a look at these genius 66 strategies and set your life up for success.
Katarina
Aug 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: next-to-read-old
Very easy to read. Well structured book, short and to the point, and extremely well written.

Many good idea, very practical and easy to implement....But it's geared towards entrepreneurs, not so much towards employees. Also many of the ideas are not groundbreaking or brand new. What is new is collecting all these strategies into one great package.
Sha Hafez
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
الكتاب مميز في الواقع؛ فهو سلس في تدفقه وثري في محتواه في ذات الوقت. يقدم منهجًا عمليًا وخطوات واقعية لتحقيق التوازن بين ريادة الأعمال والاستمتاع بالحياة الشخصية. ويقدم نماذج من حياة رجال أعمال ناجحين بإيجاز يشكر عليه المؤلفين. المنظور المختلف الأساسي للكتاب هو أن النجاح لا يتطلب في الواقع العمل 24/7، وإنما حسن توظيف الموارد والمهارات هو المفتاح.
Egle
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Becoming wildly successful while still living a full life sounds like an idea that is too good to be true. But Martin shows us that not only is it achievable, but he also provides us with a number of easy to follow strategies to get there. I find this read very inspiring and a great reminder that having a great career doesn't necessarily translate to sacrifices in other areas of life.
Max
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-development
Authors of this book wanted it to be a collection of short advices. As a result, I didn't remember anything from what I read. I prefer books dedicated to one specific topic.

Although I didn't find this book useful, I still would recommend to read it. I think, this book is perfect for those who just started exploring productivity.
Gko
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Too much about entrepreneurs rather than everyday "workers".

Some interesting stories and advice, but not relevant enough for my liking.
Ed van der Winden
Aug 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
No new insights. Old stuff (for me anyway) in an easy-to-swallow format.
Jiri Mocicka
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very good book and inspiration for anyone starting business
Bala .
Jan 03, 2020
Serhat
Oct 31, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
readers advisory ...: Starting Business but having a Happy Life 1 12 Jun 26, 2013 11:17AM

• Relax Into Wealth: How to Get More by Doing Less
  • The Fortune Cookie Principle: The 20 Keys to a Great Brand Story and Why Your Business Needs One
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • Superhuman by Habit: A Guide to Becoming the Best Possible Version of Yourself, One Tiny Habit at a Time
  • Obliquity: Why Our Goals Are Best Achieved Indirectly
  • The Trusted Advisor
  • The Ideal Executive
  • The Happy Manifesto: Make Your Organization a Great Workplace
  • The Art of War
  • The Halo Effect: ... and the Eight Other Business Delusions That Deceive Managers
  • Leadership and the New Science: Discovering Order in a Chaotic World
  • The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
  • Training from the Back of the Room!: 65 Ways to Step Aside and Let Them Learn
  • Everybody Matters: The Only Business Idea with Truly Unlimited Potential
  • Humane Capital: How to Create a Management Shift to Transform Performance and Profit
  • Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time
  • The Opposable Mind: How Successful Leaders Win Through Integrative Thinking
  • The Second Curve: Thoughts on Reinventing Society
Martin Bjergegaard, started his first business on his 18th birthday, and co-founded in 2006 the successful "start up factory" Rainmaking together with 3 friends. Martin has always felt something was wrong with the traditional paradigm claiming that being a successful entrepreneur requires you to sacrifice most other aspects of life. When he was just a teenager he got a bit sad every time he read ...more
“the purpose of life must be to get as much happiness out of it as possible.” 0 likes