Start by marking “Adorned (Trinity of Souls #1)” as Want to Read:
Adorned (Trinity of Souls #1)

Adorned (Trinity of Souls #1)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  67 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
When seventeen-year-old Anya finds out she’s actually an angel being trained to protect humanity, she discovers that becoming an angel has nothing to do with wings and halos. For Anya, becoming an angel has to do with death—her death.

Micah, the angelic soldier ordered to protect her until she transitions from human to angel, promises her death will be a glorious experience
ebook
Published November 4th 2013 by Entranced Publishing (first published September 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Adorned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adorned

Amanda Perry
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it

At first I was really put off by the writing style. It was written in first person/present tense, and the first chapter felt very much like a narrative. I did not like it at all… but before I even knew it I was sucked right into the story, and the tense in which it was written was no longer a thought in my head. Maybe it was simply something I was not used to seeing and I needed to take a minute to adjust to it. Whatever it was that I found off putting about the style was quickly washed away as
Tracy
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God.....what an ending!!!!! I was so speechless so I had to take a few weeks to process this amazing story. Ms. Swiger has created this originally beautiful story....I don't even know where to begin. :0

I love just about anything dealing with Angels, but this just blew my mind. I was in the mood for something different and Ms. Swiger did not disappoint!!! All of the characters in this book are sooooo beautiful. They are puzzle pieces that go together and create the most wonderful story imag
Ericka Greer
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
(I received this free ebook in exchange for an honest review)

I enjoyed reading Adorned. I read it in one sitting. The idea was very original on the idea that the angels start out as humans and once they die they become full angels.

Anya is seventeen and she finds out that she is an angel being trained to protect humanity. She won't fully become an angel until she dies. At first I didn't really care her because at the beginning she whined and was a bit childish. Her character really had to grow o
Toni Michelle-Editor
Anya lives with her Aunt Celeste, just the two of them. She attends high school and volunteers at the local hospital. Her happy little world is turned up-side-down when Celeste informs her that they will have a house guest for a while. Anya of course dreads the foster child situation because of a previous one that tried to burn their house down. When Micah moves in, Anya wants to hate him, but she just can’t.
What Anya didn’t know was that Micah was there as her guardian angel. He would be with
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from the Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.This book was excellent.

Anya is a sweet girl who is struggling through high school and hating every single minute of it. She's a bit of a late bloomer and it doesn't exactly make her very popular.  Then bam she finds out she's an angel. I loved how much trouble she caused for Micah.

Micah i
S. Usher Evans
This book was something of an interesting read for me. The biggest complaint that I had was that for all of the major changes happening to poor Anya, we really didn't get to spend much time in the fall out. Anya seemed to just accept her new reality without question, and it felt a little too much like she was more focused on being obstinate with Micah than questioning the fact that everything she ever knew was turned on its head. I also couldn't come to terms with Angels from Heaven going to hig ...more
Amy Shannon
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorned is a well-written YA story about a 17-year old girl, Anya, who finds out she is an angel in human form. This is a girl who has been bullied and teased throughout her high school years. The story is compelling, even if you don't believe in Angels. Anya is a remarkable feisty young woman (angel) who falls in love with her protector (another Angel) Micah. The story is sweet and intense, as well as inspirational in a worldly way. I can see how Anya would fall for Micah, but he has a very sto ...more
Tricha Leary
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a different twist on angels that keeps you interested throughout the book. The relationship between Micah and Anya keeps your attention and you wonder if the will end up together in the future.
Jessica Nicole
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

Here’s an interesting addition to the angel genre. The writing is good; there was nothing that stood out as awkward or amateurish to me. The plot moves right along, although the reader has more questions than answers for a good deal of the book.

It wasn’t a bad confused. I really wanted to know what was going on. So…I guess that makes it good confusion. Things were not revealed quickly. Swiger keeps the reader in suspense for a good while, giving little bread crumbs to keep them following her.
Dylan Quinn
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorned by Georgann Swiger is an upper YA paranormal novel. Though romance is not its defining element, it plays a more prominent role as the story progresses.

I will begin by saying this was one of the toughest “honest reviews” I’ve ever had to write. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, but there were some ‘technical difficulties’ that as a writer, I couldn’t totally overlook BUT...

Therefore I will put it this way—for a debut novel, it was pretty darn great. Swiger definitely has a natural talent fo
Silver Petticoat
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forbidden love, angels, deception and danger, this YA paranormal romance book will have you hooked from page one. Adorned, the first in the Trinity of Souls series is an enjoyable read with a unique mythology and a fun twist on the guardian angel story. It’s the type of book you read in one sitting because you can’t wait to see what happens next.

Adorned begins with Anya at school facing bullying and humiliation led by Sam Malick, the most popular boy in school. Instantly a connection between the
SARIT
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

You might need to adapt to Swiger writing style as but I can promise you by mid Chapter 2 you hardly even notice it. It is just different from what a lot of us may be used to.

I must warn the you that the story deals with some difficult and uneasy issues like violence, assaulting and death (it has some gory parts). However, the way Swiger chose to deal with those issues is might be questionable, and because Swiger succeed to attach the you to the charact
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Adorned. The storyline sucked me in and I thought it was unique. I liked the idea of Angels starting as humans to learn about human nature and then dying to fully become Angels.

At times Anya seemed a little too childish and immature for a 17/18 year old and I didn’t love her character as much as I wanted to. I did find this book to be quite a slow read and it only picked up pace in the last quarter or so but then it really had me hooked.

There was a mish-mash of characters in this book
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, supernatural
I struggled getting into the first couple of chapters. There was something in the writing style that threw me off, but it was intriguing, and I promised a review, so I kept reading. The next thing I knew I was over a third of the way through the book and in desperate need of sleep. That was last night. I finished the book over dinner this evening. Sometimes sticking with a book you aren't sure about beyond the first two chapter is a very wise move.

Now, on with the usual criteria.

Characters: ADO
Nikki
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorned by Georgeann Swiger is an incredibly engaging book. Personally, I think it was too short. I felt like from the moment I picked it up, time flew by and it was over in a flash. It was really entertaining and a very fun read. I really liked the characters used, especially Eli (who I think any reader will enjoy.) The story was very complex and occasionally left you stumped, but all was answered through the course of the book.

While you might be thinking that any story about angels can’t be re
S. Usher Evans
Missing emotional center but drew me in the end

Mary Bernsen
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review**

My star rating: 5/5

Color me totally impressed with this one, folks. This was one of those stories that grip you from page one and keep you on the line until you're finished. The storyline flows in a way that is believable to the point where you almost forget it's fantasy...I've never read a book in this genre more realistic than this one. Anya is age-appropriate, a little bratty at first but not so much that it turns you off. Sh
Amy's Review Obsession
Anya, normal high school girl that occasionally gets the migraines that make her a bit crazier and crazier. Oh, did I mention that she has not hit puberty and is constantly bullied by the people in her school due to the rumor mill?

Micah, sent from the Kingdom and assigned as Anya's guardian. He doesn't know how to interpret human emotions but all he wants is to be accepted by Anya. Kind of hard when he is a bit overbearing. Same class schedule (kind of) and volunteers at the same spot as her? W
Georgeann Swiger
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
When I wrote Adorned, I knew I wanted to write a love story that would unfold slowly in a believable way. I hope Micah and Anya will surprise readers with the attraction they find for one another. Anya's first love is anything but smooth and charming. An angelic soldier who's used to walking the line between Heaven and Hell is no sweet talker. Micah is bound by duty to protect Anya. He has his own way of doing things. When he falls in love with her, it is his greatest sin.

I hope readers will enj
Aubree Deimler
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
While I appreciated the premise of the story, I couldn't get into this one. I think it was lacking an inner thought connection with the main character Anya. Also, it felt very YA to me. Down to the dialogue. It picked up at the end, but other then that there was little else going on to keep my interest.
Christine Cress
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not just for the young teens

The unknown, the innocence, the nieve. It kept me reading constantly. I had to purchase Cloven and Trivium, books 2 and 3 in the collection just to see what was next. Georgeann did a wonderful job of ending the books in a way that keeps you thinking.
Kaylin Adkins
Oct 24, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a book for me, I can't even make it pass chapter nine. :( I'm so confused of what going on, I lost interests.
Stina Madison
Macklina
Oct 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Paranormal Creatures: Who loves FREE books? 1 3 Sep 24, 2014 01:33PM
  • Divided (Open Heart #1)
  • In Stone
  • Cannot Unite (Vampire Assassin League, #12)
  • Vision of Shadows (Vision, #1)
  • Awakenings
  • Fade (The Bloom Trilogy #2)
  • Distant Desires: Part Two
  • Devour
  • Strong Blood (Last Moon Rising, #2)
  • Only You
  • Sol (Luna Lodge, #1)
  • Purple Magic
  • The Boss: Book Five (The Boss, #5)
  • Hideous
  • Sacrifice (The Tate Chronicles, #0.5)
Georgeann Swiger earned her degree in journalism from West Virginia University, and then spent five years as an anchor/reporter at WBOY-TV in Clarksburg, WV. After having children, she left television news to be a stay at home mom. During that time, she discovered creative writing was more fun than writing about real life tragedy. Imagining interesting character and having them come to life on the ...more
More about Georgeann Swiger

Trinity of Souls (2 books)
  • Cloven (The Trinity of Souls Series Book #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Black Thorn, White Rose
  • Otherkin
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99