Start by marking “Aden (Vampires in America, #7)” as Want to Read:
Aden (Vampires in America, #7)

Aden

(Vampires in America #7)

She was seeking revenge. What she found was a vampire who swept her into the darkest depths of passion.

Chicago, Illinois... the windy city. Home to football greats, dinosaurs named Sue, and, when the sun goes down... powerful vampires battling for the right to rule the city and beyond.

Born into slavery, Aden is one of the most powerful vampires in North America, waging war
Published November 26th 2013 by ImaJinn Books, Inc. (first published November 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Aden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aden

Start your review of Aden (Vampires in America, #7)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Healing Aden Stars

First read 3/2014
Reread 5/2019

Going into Aden I really didn't think I would like him. Aden was introduced in the last novella Hunted, briefly and we got a bit of his back story. Aden was a misogynistic pig that didn't think highly of women. He thought they were only useful for sex and blood. So I yea totally thought I would want to beat him down. However I really ended up loving him. Aden did have major issues with women, thanks in large part to his pos mom. His past was
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3 Not my Favorite Stars

Sidonie Reid is determined to write a story on the slavery ring the vampires have been operating in Chicago for years. The ring got her friend and source killed and she will stop at nothing to expose them. Even if she has to play good for the next Vampire Lord in Chicago. Maybe she will even let him bite her...

Aden was born the bastard son of a man who gave him to slavery when he was just a kid and a mother who sacrificed him for her luxuries. The one thing he won't
Karla

4 Stars! Somewhat saturated in sex, but that's how these vamps roll! Overall, another great installment in this series!

Aden a yummy hero with mad bedroom and fighting skills. He does not hold back, on either front! Sid, another strong heroine, and a funny one too. The author does a wonderful job pairing up the couples in this series. I can think of only one book where I didn't like the heroine and that was in Rajmund.

I love the flashbacks that give us the history and background on each of our
The BookChick
My Rating:
EXCELLENT: The characteristics of a 5 star story include: an awesome story; and, I love everything about the story — characters, plot, and story elements. I would definitely read it again and I would highly recommend it to a friend and rave about it often.
My Thoughts:
*Sigh*...I just finished Aden and I have to say that D.B. Reynolds did not disappoint. Aden was long awaited but totally worth every second of the wait. His story continues the fast-paced, thrilling, and super steamy
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Reviewed at Cross My Heart Writings & Reviews

With each Vampires In America book, I think they just can't possibly get any better. Wrong! I enjoyed this series in the beginning, but the last couple of books have just blown me away. I keep expecting to get tired of bossy, dark, baggage toting, alpha vampires, but let me tell you - it just ain't happening. Aden is absolutely magnificent in this book as he battles all competitors for the title of Lord of the Midwest territory. Big, bad*ass,
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
 photo 5ae020b0bd3ce802ee52bdb758d240be_zpsvpc0wnc6.jpg

11.27.13
Five Fangtastic Stars!!!

D.B. Reynolds does it again! Another great storyline, another hot Vampire Lord (and this Vamp is much more ummmm....sexually dominant? Yep, that's the word I'm looking for). As per usual we get a feisty strong independent heroine. Dear Lord...Aden’s backstory is aching sad and pull at your heartstrings.

photo 24C9F9F0-53AB-4255-880B-1CFEE712FC13_zpsxt6taqz0.jpeg

All-in-all, another fantastic addition to the ViA series, as always I can’t wait for more! Looking forward to "Vincent" next.

* Reread on 4.16.18
Ann
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
Love this author’s writing and this series but by 31% in I didn’t really care for either Aden or Sid. And that just never improved. Aden seemed more a cold, primitive, arrogant, control freak than a sexy hot vamp. Guess they can’t be all class like Raphael (sigh). Sid, well she’s all business and lacking any real feeling or warmth. Couldn’t really see her interest in Aden other than to get what she wanted. Disappointing to say the least. Where’s the personality? Where’s the connection? Just ...more
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!!
***Received ebook from Belle Books for an honest review

The cover is beautiful though I imagine Aden much bigger :)

This is the 7th full novel in the Vampires in America series, and while they can be read standalone, I recommend reading them all in order with the novellas and short stories, so you don’t miss anything :) I tend to hate reading and wondering…wait when did that happen…lol so reading them in order is how I avoid that :) This is for
Wendy
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, pnr
I couldn't connect to the main characters, and the whole plot seemed disjointed. Oh well...moving on.
Mak
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5

This was another easy and good read. Another detective, romance, fantasy combination which seems to be the main recipe. There’s a promising future story mentioned in this book, something that should take the whole series to a new level of adventure, and I’m hoping it will finally give this series the boost it needs.

All the installments in the series follow similar paths. The plot is very predictable and I find myself missing the surprise and suspense element. The story is well-written, but
Sunny
Highly enjoyable. I'm enjoying each new couple and advancing the overarching storyline.
PepperP0t
4.25stars & digital edition actually

This installment begins shortly before Hunted: A Cyn & Raphael Novellaends, continuing the party to greet the contenders for Midwest Lord. Aden's a definite contender for being the new Midwest vampire Lord but first he has to win the challenges coming his way while he "romances" investigative reporter Sidonie Reid. Sid is out to run an expose on the slavery trade being run concurrently with the drugs being run through town. Both activities were
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves alpha Vamp's and strong heroines
Recommended to t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ by: on going series I follow
DB Reynolds never lets you down. I anxiously awaited this novel. DB did a great job teasing me in Hunted and I couldn't wait to get to know Aden and as in all her Vampires in America novels she didn't let me down in fact I think Aden is one of her best heroes yet.

I admit I have loved every single novel in this series ok ok with the exception of Sophia (sorry DB) and Aden was everything I wanted....no needed in her next Lord. Overbearing, opinionated, arrogant, stubborn with a hint of mischief
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

I àm so engrossed in this series that I find myself resentful of the time taken to write a review

In the previous novella we met Aden as Lucas' choice to win the competition but honestly he was a complete asshole and i didn't like him. He believed that women were only good for sex and blood and his issues translated to Cyn, which of course Raphael shut down. I didn't expect to like him but his backstory was so tragic I couldn't help but sympathize. He'd been betrayed by women
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Well folks, dare I say this has to be my favorite book in the series so far? Yes, yes I will. There is just something about Aden that made me fall in love. His back-story unfolding was mesmerizing - give me a wounded hero that can maintain his heart any day of the week.

Chi town is where the action is this time. Aden is set to take the territory with the “help” of the other Lords in his corner. Dealing with other Lord wannabes is a taxing endeavor. It’s during the gala that he meets the scrappy
Kara-karina
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5
I always know I can rely on D.B. Reynolds to deliver exactly what I want, so when Aden came out I snatched that book straight away. I love my comfort food, and this is what it is for me - cool non-technophobic mafia-like American vampire lords fighting for their territory, and strong, gutsy and clever women with whom they hook up. Total win.

It's never a straight up paranormal romance, more like a mix of one with some urban fantasy, which works great if you are more of a fan of UF than PNR.
Bea
A tortured hero, a driven heroine, a hot contemporary issue, and a coming war; "Aden" has no lack of material. There's a hot romance and forward motion in the overall story arc war amongst the vampires.

Sidonie is driven to stop the local slavery ring and when she finds links to the local vampires she goes underground to make contact. But the local vampire lord is deceased and a new lord hasn't arisen. Aden is the most likely contender to win the fight to rule so Sid makes contact. There's
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
OH MY GAWWWD!! Where have I BEEN!! I LOVED this book!! All I can really say is that this series is awesome!! And this was Book #7?!? Why didn't I know about this!! Now I have to get all of them!! Damn!!

Ok! So let's just say I am really mad that I didn't start this series when it first came out. This author is great!! Not only can she tell a story that isn't all rainbows & candy, but she can develop some characters too!!

I knew what the characters looked like, I felt their trauma of past
Ira
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I think Sid my least fav heroine in the series so far.
Seriously, she wanted to investigates the sex slaves ring for her small local newspaper which belongs to her dad where usually she only write something fun for the old ladies readers, er....???? You kidding right?

And too much sex in this one! Gosh I couldn't believe I complaining about this.
The things is I wanted more from my vampires read, a brutal wars, well matching villains, lots of bloods and smashed bones, things like that and
Cindy
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the slight BDSM touch to this story about Aden. All of the vampires in this series have rough backgrounds but a sex slave might be one of the roughest. Aden doesn't show it but he still has lingering issues from it. It ties into Sidonie's story, who is a journalist trying to uncover the truth about the modern day sex trade in Chicago. Although this story is mostly typical of the series it's still a great romance story with a BDSM twist.
Deborah
Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Not my favorite of the series but a nice addition. I didn't feel the love from Aden as I did from the former heroes in this series. Raphael will always be my favorite.
Lindap
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.50 / 4 Stars

Sid was a hometown reporter that wanted to report on more then just local things. When her friend dies she's determined to investigate/report the slave trade that her friend had once been forced into. Sid wants to bring them all down. (Vamps are involved in it.) Aden had a rough start in life as a slave, so he's not one to condone slavery of any kind. In-order to get to the heart of this slave trade Sid has to get close to the vamps...in-which she meets Aden. Sid is on a mission of
Books By Ces
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can call myself a paranormal romance junkie but... lately there are many authors out there that haven't been able to captivate me as much as my 5 favorite authors. One of those five is definitely D.B. Reynolds. As a series progresses it sometimes tends to be repetitive or deviates from the original idea. Mainly, the books get boring and I start to beg for an ending.

When a very wise moderator, on the paranormal romance group I joined here on GR a little over a year ago recommended this series
Katya
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire
Saly
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have come to a realization that when I go into a book with low expectations I am generally presently surprised and that is what happened with Aden. Aden's master is Lucas and now Aden is in a contest to become Lord of the Midwest. Aden as we see through flashbacks had a horrible life, sold by his own mother into slavery, and then sold again to become a sex slave, so he is a cynic and women don't hold much importance to him.

The heroine Sid, comes from a life of wealth and is a reporter and her
Brandy
Oh my God, I don't know where to start....... This is one of the rare books that I would give more than a 5 star rating, if Goodreads would allow it. It was fantastic! It's no secret (not that it would be) that this is one of my most favorite PRN series above all others & after reading this book, it just proves that it deserves that title. With every new book, it just keeps getting better & better, which I have no idea how that's even possible. It was already fantastic before, but this ...more
Kazza
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
But even in a room filled with handsome men, Aden stood out. He was beautiful and wild, an untamed beast who'd donned a tuxedo for the night. It was a thin veneer of civility, and one that barely managed to contain his savagery as he scanned the gathering with a predator's gaze, a single breath away from ripping out someone's throat.

A great addition to the Vampires in America series. I absolutely loved, loved, loved Aden and Sidonie was a good, strong female lead to compliment him as well.

Book
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
Loved it! Can't really say much more than that. I loved everything: Aden was super hot, Sidonie was a great, strong heroine, hot secondary characters (want more of Bastien and Kage), nice plot and great action. DBR's vamp world is one of my faves and I have loved each book. Sophia's book was probably my least fave, but I still enjoyed it. I highly recommend this book and this series to all lovers of vampire PNR.

Jeanny
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 I think Aden moves the overall story arc forward without it feeling like filler. This book had some great sex scenes however Aden & Sedonie aren't especially likable. Aden is not my least favorite lord though that spot still belongs to Sofia (Canada).
Ashley
Apr 06, 2017 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Nalini Singh Fans: This topic has been closed to new comments. Aden - VIA #7 10 15 Jul 30, 2017 12:18AM
Romance Lovers fo...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Aden (Vampires in America #7) by D.B. Reynolds [Start Date: April 10, 2017)] 18 8 Apr 11, 2017 07:10PM
D.B.Reynolds Fanclub: * Aden 45 87 Dec 13, 2013 10:24PM

• Tricked (Dark Protectors #7.75; 1001 Dark Nights #48)
  • Dark Queen’s Army (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 34)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Viktor (The Protectors, #13)
  • Awaken the Darkness (Immortal Guardians #8)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • Vengeance (Dark Protectors #9.5)
  • Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9)
  • Born of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #1)
  • Tangled (Dark Protectors #7.8; 1001 Dark Nights #58)
  • Tempted by a Rogue Prince (Eternal Mates, #3)
  • Sentinel of Darkness (Darkness #8)
  • Vampire's Faith (Dark Protectors, #8)
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
  • Dark Queen’s Knight (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 33)
  • The Dragon of New Orleans (The Treasure of Paragon, #1)
  • Darkness Rising (Darkness, #9)
  • Teased (Dark Protectors #7.5; 1001 Dark Nights #31)

Vampires in America (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Raphael (Vampires in America, #1)
  • Jabril (Vampires in America, #2)
  • Rajmund (Vampires in America, #3)
  • Sophia (Vampires in America, #4)
  • Duncan (Vampires in America, #5)
  • Lucas (Vampires In America, #6)
  • Vincent (Vampires in America, #8)
  • Deception (Vampires in America, #9)
  • Christian (Vampires in America, #10)
  • Lucifer (Vampires in America, #11)
“You,” he snarled, closing his fingers around the front of her jacket again, pulling her against his body and up onto her toes, holding her there as he lowered his mouth to hers. But Sid wasn’t ready to kiss and make up, so she bit his lip angrily.

“Look,” she snapped, trying without success to push him away. “I get the whole alpha male, vampire lord-of-all-he-surveys thing, okay? I kind of even like it in the bedroom. But out in the real world, you are not the boss of me. I don’t forfeit my brain just because we have sex. And I’ll do whatever I think necessary to get my story. Besides, it’s not like most of what I do is dangerous. I’m not exactly Woodward and Bernstein material. But I’m not stupid either. I don’t take unnecessary risks, and I’m careful with the risks I do take.”

Aden was eyeing her with very little expression on his face, which made it difficult to tell how he was receiving her liberated woman speech. Whatever his reaction was, however, it didn’t extend to his body which was hard and ready to fuck, and no question about it.

“Kind of like it?” he asked finally, a corner of his mouth curling upward with amusement as he focused on the one part of her speech that she’d thought he’d have no problem with. “I think I can do better than that.”
11 likes