Start by marking “Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)” as Want to Read:
Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)

Elite

(Eagle Elite #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  18,477 ratings  ·  1,666 reviews
For Tracey Rooks, life with her grandparents on a Wyoming farm has always been simple. But after her grandmother's death, Tracey is all her grandfather has. So when Eagle Elite University announces its annual scholarship lottery, Tracey jumps at the opportunity to secure their future and enters. She isn't expecting much-but then she wins. And life as she knows it will neve ...more
Published April 14th 2013 by Rachel Van Dyken

To ask other readers questions about Elite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elite

·  18,477 ratings  ·  1,666 reviews

Jennifer Kyle
Jul 12, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I really didn’t care or connect to this story at ALL. I finished the book so I can firmly stand by my rating.

This story was a HOT MESS.

description

The school Elite is completely BIZARE and not in a good way…more like in a completely unbelievable way. The children who attend are the superrich, the fabulously famous and mafia offspring. Our main character, Trace wins a scholarship to attend. She is a farm girl raised since the age of six by her grandparents, and oh yeah she loves COWS.

Nixon is the head of t
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I can't read this book any more... please don't make me. My brain hurts from reading just 24%... hurts so much...

I honestly thought that this was a joke book. A mockumentary if you will. It made no sense from the get go, and the dialogue was something maybe a five year old would write.

I'll give you a brief rundown of the plot before I purge this book from my memory. A country girl (Trace) wins a national lottery to go to an elite private school where celebrities and dignitary kids are enrolled.
Natalie Monroe
Welcome to Ouran High School!

A school for the children of the richest and most influential families in Japan America. One day, a poor scholarship kid contest winner will stumble across the Host Club Elect, a gang of gorgeous, influential and money-laden bastards, who then take her under their wing!

Aft—what? *listens to earpiece* Oh, I'm sorry, I got it wrong. This isn't Ouran High School, it is, in fact, Deimon High, where everything is controlled by a single fearsome man, Hiruma Nixon! School e
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
This is my first Rachel Van Dyken read, and I know now that I need more of her in my life. For some reason, I thought Elite was some kind of military, political, or law enforcement type romance. I was very wrong lol, and I'm so glad! This was exactly what I needed last night when I picked it up.

Was it realistic? No...not at all.

Is the love triangle necessary? No.

Do I care? Nope!

I had so much fun reading it, and that's really all I wanted. It's super entertaining, well paced, and I enjoyed the
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
3 Elite Stars

"Maybe the world isn't as shiny and fun as you once thought. People are mean. Humanity is a cruel joke, Trace. I'm just trying to prevent them from getting the last laugh."
____________________________________________

Let me explain
____________________________________________

Every year Eagle Elite College, has a lottery. The winner gets an all expenses paid education at the college, this year the winner is, Trace Rooks. This is her opportunity to make her grandparents proud, by go
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

This book

photo 850943.jpg

" So, I am going to be a prisoner in my grandfather's home?"
"Of course not, You're going to be a prisoner in mine"

I absolutely loved it!!!!!! Elite is full of action, love story like Romeo and Juliet with Godfather situation!

Tracey grew up with her grandparents after her parents were killed when she was 6. She grew up in a ranch. And one fine day, she wins a scholarship to study at Eagle Elite after her grandmother motivated her and stating that it was time she knew who is she....

photo FionaShameless.jpg

En
Sabrina
3.5 Stars

I stupidly thought that this series was set in a High School, and that's why I always passed over it, but after hearing so many people praise it I just had to read it. And quickly realized that I was wrong and it's set in a very elite College, and that this was not a YA.

This book was honestly unlike any other that I've read, and I loved that it could give me something new to me and unique within the genre that I love. After reading as much as I do and for as long as I have, it's hard t
Jacqueline's Reads
5 Stars

OH.MY.GOD!!!!!! WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO READ THIS?!!!!

I had no idea what Elite was about, I just knew it was a Dyken book and figured, light and fuffy? Well, it was so MUCH MORE!

It was adorable

It was intriguing

It was gripping

It was action pack

It was intense!

I LOVED IT!!!

Tracey got a scholarship into a very prestigious college. It’s not your typical college, they wear uniforms, there’s a class system with key cards and cliques. I actually just watched a Korean Drama that had a simila
Lindsay
OMG! This book was

I can't even begin to describe how much I loved it!

I saw this book a few weeks ago on Amazon and fell in love with the cover. Then I read the description. I was hooked. I was dying to read it. But…I couldn’t. I had a plan…a book plan. I had it planned out (through buddy reads) what I was going to read. So I put this off. But it wasn’t far from my mind. I thought about it daily. Then, I finished a book that was mentally exhausting. I could feel a book funk coming on. As I was f
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Elite was my first novel by Rachel Van Dyken. Having heard so many wonderful things about her Ruin series and being intrigued by the blurb, I decided to jump into this book relatively blind. As a whole, I really enjoyed the story but unfortunately there were aspects of this book that left me with mixed feelings.

What I Liked:

I had a hard time putting this book down =) The plot kept me engaged and I was really intrigued by all the mystery surrounding the university and its students. I wanted to k
Shannon Moore
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This. Was. Awesome. Picked it up around 9pm last night, didn't put it down or go to sleep until I finished. I couldn't! The heroine might be a bit of an airhead at times but other than that, this is addictive, intense, angsty and has so much goodness to suck you in.

I need to start Elect NOW! Thankfully I already have a copy on my shelf. I feel like this is going to be a serious, series binge read.
Ivie ✩Born to Magic-Forced to Muggle✩
By chapter two i knew i would hate this book, by chapter five i wanted to throw my reader against the wall.

This story was so over the top it might as well been pulled out the authors ass then written.

This is a revised version of my original review. I just had to come back to it, it was bugging me THAT MUCH.

My original review was a rant of just a few key points of the novel that I had issues with. But now a few days and conversations later I am ready to properly explain why I hated this book so m
Joana

Ok, where do I start?
This book turned out not I was expecting at all and not in a good way!
I do love when an author tries to think outside the box and gives us a fresh take in what could have been the same old formula.

So Trace won a scholarship for the most exclusive college in the world, the college where the kids from the most influential and powerful people in the world go to aka Eagle Elite College.
So to Trace, a farm girl, to win the scholarship, it was like to win the lottery...

Only to dis
NiCoLeTa E.
This book was surprisingly good...

I was hooked from the first moment...

Yeah! It was a little bit confusing in the beginning but that confusion had its charming!!!

And most of all i was confused from the way that this college was working and more of all i was confused and irritated from the people attitudes... especially the attitude of the Elects...
Oh, God!!! They were such assholes, but gorgeous assholes!!!

But let me take the things from the beginning....

Trace won a scholarship in the "Eagle eli
Rooks
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ok, here's the thing - this book was candy. Moderately tasty candy, more than a little improbable candy, but you know, sometimes you just want candy. I feel like it's more of a 2.5 - while the plotting pushes me towards a 2, the fact that I read it in one sitting pushes me towards a 3. After typing everything out, I'm giving it the 2, mostly because if someone walked up to me and asked me what I thought of this book, I would say, "It was ok." Those are the exact words that would leave my lips. I ...more
Snow
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it

3.5 stars!

Why?
I ve read Rachel Van Dyken's books a long times ago and i liked them.
A lot.

I needed a bit of a distraction, so honestly this was collecting dust on my Kindle for ages and this might sound stupid but it was actually the first thing i clicked on in the dark while wanted to read a bit in bed.

Fuck it, call it a sign.

A destiny, who cares...*shrugs* lol

The mission was accomplished, i had fun reading this...

It wasn't perfect, in fact i had a feeling i was reading a remake of Twilight sag
Wanderlust
Jul 17, 2013 rated it liked it

That is pretty much how i felt the entire book.
Hmm.
Rose
How do I write a reaction to Rachel Van Dyken's "Elite"? I guess on one hand, you could say this was trying to be a humorous, thrilling romantic read in the scheme of New Adult, but it rubbed me the wrong way for the utter implausibilities in the storyline. I had a hard time getting through much of it because it seemed like a poorly written version of the YA series "Private" by Kate Brian, or even a poorer version of the anime/manga series Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers). And then it transit ...more
Susana
Arc provided by Netgalley

DNF at 5%

Yes, 5%..because with only five percent read, there was:
_Clumsy narration, if Trace is such a genius i was expecting something more fluent than this:

The buildings were huge. Everything was built in old stone and brick. I mean, I’d seen pictures, but they did not even come close to reality. The dorms looked like ritzy hotels.

_Overabuse of cheesiness....

I gave grandpa a watery smile as he reached across the console and grasped my hand within his large worn one. H
Belle
“—Nope. You’ve already broken a rule. I’m speaking, New Girl.” Chase smirked. “Geez, Nixon, this one’s going to be hard to break in.”
“They always are,” Nixon replied, lifting my chin with his hand. “But I think I’ll enjoy this one.”

Wow.

What did I just read.

That book was not what I expected at all.

This book was engaging, terrifying, suspenseful, romantic, utterly depressing and heart-wrenching all at the same time. It feels like my heart got handed to me on a platter… I need the next book NOW.
Bj
5 "I'll Do Anything To Protect You--Even Make You Think I'm the Devil" Stars!

Wow, this book was amazing! What a twisted journey! I loved that you would never be able to figure out what this story is about from the first few pages or book blurb. For me the more suspenseful and convoluted the story, the better! So please don't be quick to make judgments. That's the point. This story is told from the heroine's POV, who is in the dark about who she really is and what she is really doing at Eagle El
*.Amaia.* BlackMagicRose

**ARC courtesy of Forever (Grand Central Publishing) via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

3,5 find-out-who-you-really-are STARS!!

description

If you have read the synopsis of this book you already know how cryptic this story is... and well, you won't really find out what's really going on completely until almost the end of the book.

Why?

Because this is only the first book of the series Eagle Elite and it's all about solving the mystery while you read :)

So I'm not gonna go into too much detail a
Deborah
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

I was hooked early on but it all became too much for me.

This has got to be the craziest most OTT book I’ve ever read. It’s totally bizarre with more holes than Swiss cheese.

Nixon being cruel apparently for the sake of it. Tracey crying her way through everything. That girl really needs to buy shares in Kleenex.

Ultimately it came down to children playing at being mafia and it drove me crazy.

Okay maybe I’m being harsh. A lot of people love this book and if you’re one of them we’ll agree to disagre
Melissa_lifeinthebooks
This story was just confusing and weird. If i read it again it would still be confusing and weird. I've read alot of mafia stories and this is not one, I dont know what this was. The characters were just dreadful and the whole set up and environment of eagle elite was just unrealistic and ridiculous.
Grey
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars
OMG, seriously? What have I been doing with my life?!?! Tessa!!! WHY?!?! I know, I'm abusing all of the punctuation today. How on Earth do you put up with me? Why am I still allowed in the club? I'm allowed to be a card-toting member of the jerk-lovers fangirls and I hadn't read this book until today...it's a mystery to me too, goodreads, it's a mystery to me too.

Alright, I'm going to make this short and sweet. Playlist-check. Over-the-top drama, double-check. A swoony, alpha jerk... gah, he's
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Wow!

I loved it!!
I read some of the reviews and they weren't all good.
But I wanted to give it a try and wow it was a real page turner!
I found the talks between Nixon and Trace not as horrible as some people said.
I like the fact that she did talk back and didn't give up.

Son
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HELL GUYS!! Rachel has done it again!!

I literally bought this book minutes after it went live on Amazon, i jumped up and seriously did a little happy dance (okay okay a major big happy dance!) I had been waiting and waiting for this and after all the little snippets Miss van Dyken had been posting for us lately i was dying to read it all together!

Well she definitely did not let us down (as if she could).

Without giving away too much i was at first like wow! that was so cruel, so nasty, what
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

I know I'm a little late to the party with this book. It had been on my kindle for a while and I finally got the chance to read it this weekend and now that I've finished it, I'm thinking why the hell did I leave it so long? From the moment I began reading this story I was hooked.
" Everything you've ever known..........is about to change."

Tracey had won a
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-or-netgalley
4 Elite Stars!!

Okay I am kicking myself for not reading this sooner! A friend of mine had been telling me to read it for a while and I blew it off, just not really giving it much thought and then I realised that I requested this book from NetGalley ages ago and never got round to it. I decided to finally put me foot down and get reading. I remember starting a few pages but I was in a book funk and gave up to try again at a later time. Right now I have my reading mojo back and I was totally read
Alexandra
Bye-bye, bitch (After 71%)!

Review in russian: http://www.livelib.ru/review/523838

2 STARS!

Guys...I really-really wanted to finish this book, but it would be a complete waste of my time.

Honestly.

First of all, i started this thing because of the quote:
1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.

I was like: “Okay. That sounds...weird...but why not?”

photo aint-even-mad_zpsgaof1dz4.gif

And then...

I half-expected to be eaten myself in that place, and they don’t serve meat. NO MEAT, Nixon!

OHHHHHHH
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes, #2)
  • April Showers (April, #1)
  • Jaded (Jaded, #1)
  • Untouchable (Untouchable, #1)
  • Evelyn Vine Be Mine
  • Something like Normal (Something like Normal, #1)
  • Promise Me Darkness (Promise Me, #1)
  • Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
  • Smitten (Crush, #2)
  • Exposure (East Park, #1)
  • Forgiveness and Permission (The Ghost Bird, #4)
  • My Side
  • Dare to Breathe
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • The Missing Link (Marked, #1)
  • A Little Too Far (A Little Too Far, #1)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Eagle Elite (9 books)
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Entice (Eagle Elite, #3)
  • Elicit (Eagle Elite, #4)
  • Ember (Eagle Elite, #5)
  • Elude (Eagle Elite, #6)
  • Empire (Eagle Elite, #7)
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite, #8)
  • Eulogy (Eagle Elite, #9)
“Keep your head high. Ain’t nothing to look at on the ground,” 30 likes
“I love you, Trace. I always have. Just remember that, okay? Hold on to it. No matter what I say or what I do... and trust me, I'll do some terrible things. Just know. I love you. With every fiber of my being.” 27 likes