Start by marking “Knightfall (The Chronicle of Benjamin Knight #1)” as Want to Read:
Knightfall (The Chronicle of Benjamin Knight #1)

Read Excerpt

Knightfall

(The Chronicle of Benjamin Knight #1)

Lord of the Rings for the Call of Duty generation.

At the age of fifteen, genius Benjamin Knight had developed a technology that would change the world. But when the project is sabotaged, Ben wakes to find himself in a mysterious and unfamiliar land where an uneasy peace hangs in the balance.

Saved from near death by a band of traders, he joins them on their journey north a
310 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by R Jackson-Lawrence (first published April 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Knightfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knightfall

Dianne
Knightfall by R. Jackson-Lawrence hits the ground running and DOES NOT STOP! From the first page, which appears to be a journal entry with the tortured thoughts of someone scared and alone, to the last page that I ended up reading twice just to keep the story going, I was utterly and completely captivated. Fifteen year old Ben is a genius, dealing with numbers made life make sense to him. He could solve complex problems faster than a computer, so when Excelsior Technologies offered him the chanc ...more
Stefana Alexandra
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
You can read my reaview also on my blog Valsul Fluturilor

There are things that we take for granted: electricity, power, food, resources. But there are things that we don’t know, things that we ignore; all those can change our life. For years people have searched for power, the power to change the unknown. Excelsior is an organization who tries to gain power over the unknown.

Benjamin Adrian Knight is no older that a usual teenager, but he has a different life from every child of his age. Ben is w
Michikit
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
GIVEAWAY
I just finished Knightfall and I just loved it. You can’t just place it under a certain genre from the very beginning and I guess in the end it still remains the reader’s choice if they read a fantasy, SF or dystopian novel.

Ben is a very smart boy that is why he is hired by Excelsior at a very young age. He ends up working in a laboratory along with grown up scientists and after a major experiment he was working at gets sabotaged he finds himself thrown in a world he doesn’t understand
Michelle Willms
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Knightfall by Robert Lawrence

Ben Knight, a child prodigy in the field of physics, was taken from his family to work for Excelsior in order to perform research. By age 15, he had found a way to access limitless free energy.

As he and his team of scientists were celebrating his scientific prowess, a group of mercenaries broke into the underground lab. During the resulting gun fight, Ben was flung into the sphere of light produced by his test and that was once protected by a containment field. He wa
Alexander Crommich
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
This novel follows Benjamin Knight, a teenager and scientific prodigy. An experiment gone wrong sends him to a distant, post-apocalyptic future (though in truth a pocket reality). It’s a land of crude steam engines and feudal lords where most if not all remnants of the past are long forgotten. Before he can adjust, Ben’s technological know-how plunges him into the middle of a conspiracy he doesn’t understand.

If that synopsis sounds familiar to you, you probably shouldn’t read this book. Its firs
Crina (Reading Addict)
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
First posted on: http://nervidetoamna.blogspot.ro/

First, I should say that I was interested in the book because of the plot and to be more specific I liked the idea of the Road Trains. For me it sounded original and I wanted to know how things will change and, maybe, their role in the story will change. But, because I'm not a big fan of the fantasy books I was a little insecure, because I didn't want to dislike the story. When I was reading I was asking myself "would I be surprised?" or "what's
Ashley
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
*Note: This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*

I enjoyed reading Knightfall. It was a good book that was, without a doubt, exciting. I was on the edge of my seat for a good portion of it. I never knew what would happen next!

The Cover:
The cover shows Ben standing on the edge of a mountain with the ruins of a city behind him.

Official Description:
Angela
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I had written a review about this book some months back and felt it was necessary to change the review. I had unknowingly received an unedited copy of the book, so I had a lot of problems with the grammar and spelling. I really liked the originality of the story. Benjamin Knight is a genius and is working on a super secret project. During the testing of the project, unknown assailants breach the lab and cause the project that he is ...more
The Review Board
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: science fiction fans
This review is being posted on behalf of Mr. Controversy from The Review Board. For the full review, check this LINK.

At certain points, "Knightfall" takes on the feel of a few Popular games and movies:

-Final Fantasy X (specifically)
-Call of Duty
-Lord of the Rings
-The Matrix
-The Planet of the Apes

If you are familiar with the titles, you can easily piece together who fits what roles, as well as the story lines that ODDLY intertwine with one another in the aforementioned titles.

I particularly enjoy
Thomas
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author Robert Lawrence-Jackson says his book is described as, "a Lord of The Rings for the Call of Duty generation", and you know what? I would stand behind that comment without hesitation. Jackson has written a wonderful novel filled with a great story, a new world, and engaging characters. There are so many aspects of this story I enjoyed, from the beginning where it's more of an exploration and adventure novel, to the middle when we're taken off course into the territory of survival and suspe ...more
Clarissa Kent
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
It’s refreshing to read something like this once in a while. And when I say something like this I am of course talking about a story with a teenager that has a brain and is capable to take decisions that helps him stay alive. Ben is a strong main character, of course a genius, but a little naïve. He seems to always trust the wrong persons. He is not the absolute hero and often needs saving. Benjamin is just a real teenager, a very smart one, lost in a world he cannot understand.

I wouldn’t know
Amanda Shelley-Masters
This was a great book! filled with adventure and intrigue I couldn't put it down! R. Jackson-Lawrence sets the story well and I was intrigued from the very beginning.

Ben is a brilliant scientist at the tender age of 5 he was able to do things others couldn't and it set him apart from the other children. What Ben didn't know was that others were out to get their hands on his brains and would stop at nothing to get what they wanted out of him.

By the age of 15 Ben is the most brilliant Scientist th
Lizzie Andrews
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***Written by Lizzie Andrews for The Book Landers***

To be perfectly honest Knightfall was a breath of fresh air. The plot was fast paced; every character that you were introduced to served his/her purpose and was included in the story line. I am not a huge fan of the dystopian genre or science fiction but I was pleasantly surprised with this book! It has begun to change my opinion on a genre that I really never thought much about. It wasn’t that I hated it, I just never had much interest in it.
Paula
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!! This was a great story, and the premiss is one that has so much potential~ I can't wait to find out what the author has in store for the rest of the series. We start out with Benjamin Knight (Ben), a child genius who has been isolated from his family, and pretty much lives in a secret laboratory. Young Ben, along with a group of scientist at his disposal, are working on an experiment to create energy from space (or something along those lines). As with most high profile, and potentia ...more
Bianca
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Benjamin Knight is a not so typical 15 years old boy. What makes him different? The fact that he is a genius and works for a very important company, Excelsior. He was forced by circumstances to see his parents less and his laboratory more often, but even so, he looks like a happy boy.
On the day he starts working at a very important projects along with his colleagues, everything in his life goes downhill. In the same day his project is sabotaged, he loses those that took care of him, much like h
Chris
May 10, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 star book. I got this as a goodreads giveaway and found that it was an enjoyable read. The adventure of Benjamin Knight as he realizes he is another place and time after an accident during a laboratory experiment was action packed and quick paced. The characters were for the most part interesting, if at times they seemed to be a bit one sided. Ben makes for a nice main character with his struggles to understand his surroundings and trying to deal with the events that seem to be happening to ...more
R. Jackson-Lawrence
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am not in the habit of writing reviews for my own book but this is a copy of the review my nephew wrote (on paper, I will transcribe it word for word including spelling mistakes and scan it into my blog if you want to check it out at http://jackson-lawrence.blogspot.co.uk/ )

Book report by Scott Deverell-Lawrence
Title: The chronicle of Benjamin Knight
Author: Robert Jackson-Lawrence
Main characters: Benjamin, Carl, Matthew, Alexander, Safran, and Catrina
Storyline: The main storyline is : There is
Christina Belcher
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adult
Recommended to Christina by: author
KnightFall by Robert Lawrence

Ben a 15 year-old genius is forced into servitude with the company Excelsior Technologies to research and discover limitless energy. With his parents conveniently and slightly suspiciously taken out of the picture, he focuses attention on his work. On the brink of testing a new discovery, something goes wrong and Ben survives an explosion only to awake and find he has been slammed through time into the future where the dark ages have begun again.
Rescued by a band of
Joood Hooligan
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I was quickly drawn into this book, the main character was intriguing and I was quite taken with him. Then, to make things even more awesome, there's a whole shift in the story moving it from the modern world into some strange futuristic wasteland.

Lots of drama. I found myself being quite taken with several characters. Some things happen that made me want to smack my head against the door and scream at them, because I could see som
Catherine Vickers
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
A jolly good adventure is my initial response. The story deals very well with many human emotions ie loss, love, confusion, loneliness, anger etc as the plot develops. It is an unusual plot. Not sure I would put it in fantasy yet as there isn't much in the way of magic or fantasy creatures. It's more in another dimension so far. Characters develop in that wonderful way so you get to know them well. This is another one of those books I could easily have given 5 stars, but there are still some min ...more
C.J. Burright
Apr 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Knightfall is the first in a series following the tale of Ben Knightfall, a teenage techie-genius who, through an experiment gone awry combined with an unexpected attack, winds up in a world and time not his own. While he works to figure out what happened and how to return home, he is taken in by a group of traveling merchants and becomes embroiled in a civil war. This story reminded me a little bit of the television series Revolution, where electricity is a commodity beyond reach.
William
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I agree with Dianne's review: this story was marvelous! The author kept me fully engaged throughout. My two favorite characters are Carl and Alexander. Gritty, gripping storytelling! This is a new author to keep your eye on. Talented use of characterization and pacing. For me, this was 104,663 words of pure entertainment!

Robert, hearty congratulations!

I'm so thoroughly impressed that I feature the author on my blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/?p=167
Codi Boone-murphy
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Started off with a good premise but then it felt like it just drew on forever. There were too p.o.v's (I think it was 6). For some reason I just couldn't get into it. Probably wont continue the rest of the series.
Jayne Morton
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i finally read it after all this time and its well worth reading id thoroughly recommend it for anyone if i hadnt have won it id probably have bought it if someone told me its a good book cant wait for next instalment looking forward to when its out i shall certainly buy it
Wolfgarr
May 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
main character is smart enough to solve mathematic riddles thats stump people for years. Too bad he is a idiot. Didn't finish..
Scott
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
meh, Benjamin is a poorly though out character. Matthew and Carl are more robust. Too much torture for me. Not going to be picking this up in volume 2.
J. R. Champagne
rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Bisky's Twitterli...: Free Audible codes 1 13 Oct 22, 2014 01:44AM
Modern Good Reads: R4R Knightfall - YA fantasy/Sci-Fi adventure 5 25 Jul 06, 2013 09:02AM

• Maker  (Daughter of Time, #3)
  • September Sky (American Journey, #1)
  • Broken (Ancients of Light, #3)
  • For the Love of Death (The Death Series, #7)
  • Within the Essence (The Division: Book One)
  • Renegade Rising: The Renegade Series
  • Unholy Empire (Chronicles of the Host #2)
  • The Gilded King (Sovereign, #1)
  • The Changeling Quest: Children of the Fae
  • Black Sea Gods (Chronicles of Fu Xi, #1)
  • Fissure (Chronicles of the Interred, #2)
  • The Messiah Matrix
  • Witness to my Heart
  • Egypt Rising
  • Humans Need Not Apply
  • The Leopard Stratagem (Leopard King Saga, #2)
  • Burn Baby Burn: A Supervillain Novel
  • Next Stop: Nina
A fan of writing since he could first hold a crayon, R Jackson-Lawrence has had a tortuous path before reaching this point in his life. In between working in a supermarket, care home and hospital, and having a family, it took nearly twenty years for his first book to be finished.

The first three books in the Benjamin Knight series are now available, as well as the eight book series PUPS (the Adven

The Chronicle of Benjamin Knight (3 books)
  • Darkest Before Dawn (The Chronicle of Benjamin Knight #2)
  • New Light (The Chronicle of Benjamin Knight, #3)