Start by marking “Slow Satisfaction (Struck by Lightning, #3)” as Want to Read:
Slow Satisfaction (Struck by Lightning, #3)

Slow Satisfaction

(Struck by Lightning #3)

James has finally pushed Karina beyond her limit--not her limit for kinky sex play, but for his extreme secrecy. She has had enough and breaks things off. But James won't give up on Karina and will do whatever it takes to get her back. He's ready to share his deepest, darkest secrets, but is Karina ready to hear them?

James offers Karina not only the truth but a place at h
Published August 26th 2014 by Hachette Book Group (first published January 1st 2014)

Courtney
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided by author for an honest review (Thank you)***

***4.0 Another alpha male who makes me want to find one of my own STARS!***

I admit, I had to play catch up in order to read this book in time, but I am so glad that I got to meet James and Karina. I am also glad that I didnt do all the waiting in between books. Like so many books that have come out in the wake of 50 Shades, this series has a billionaire playboy, who just happens to be an alpha, James, and his love interest, Karina.

Slo
Michelle Cristiani
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
I found this book a little less flowing than the first two; I was also a little disappointed by such an obvious 'bad guy.' There are no shades of gray here.

But what Tan gets right, unequivocally, is the concept of 'yes means yes.' Among consenting adults, they can do what they please. I find the protagonists unapologetic and open, which is admirable. I'm very impressed by how she slips in advocacy for the BDSM community in the midst of a story that actually has solid plot. Well-done.
Stacie
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfect ending to you series! It flowed so easily and gave me every answer I was waiting for at the end of Slow Seduction! I absolutely love James !
Jenny (Ladies Night In Blog)
I really enjoyed this entire series right up until the ending. I HATED the ending. I just can't believe that's how the author chose to wrap everything up. It was good right up until it was extremely disappointing.
Ann Sutphin
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
great conclusion to the series!
Meleka Taylor
Jun 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
I can truly say that this was not a good ending for this series. This was slow with no satisfaction. The only reason I was psyched about this book was the potential of James chasing Karina the same way that she chased him in order to win her back. This installment started off with a storyline I didn't care about. I was actually disinterested in this book around page 50 when I realized that there was not going to be a chase in this. Karina succumbed to James after a few times of saying I'm sorry. ...more
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
What is going on with conclusions lately? You write an awesome initial book then succumb to critical readers who can't handle kink? This dragged, I am not enjoying my fav indies continuations..
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Very sensual, very adult story with wonderful writing. Full review to follow.
Cyndy Aleo
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for RT Book Reviews September 2014 issue: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-review/slow-satisfaction
Betsy
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm, erotica
This is a review of all three books, so there is info in here about the other two, if you haven't read them be careful.

As a whole work I'm very unsure how to rate these books. I feel like the first book was maybe a 3.5 star read, but it lacked an ending which certainly knocked it back a star. Then there is the fact that the first book feels like almost a completely different story than the next two, though one does not work without the other two which makes it confusing. The second two books are
Heron
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I meeeeaaaaan. Still quite sexy, but the elements of sexual assault in this one were definitely too much for me.

Spoilers Below and CONTENT WARNING FOR SEXUAL VIOLENCE
When the first fake video of Jasper seemingly raping a fan came out, there should have been FAR more discussion of how that impacted the fans.

And then to follow that with Karina being raped by one of Jasper's lookalikes, who then is rewarded by being permitted to assume Jasper's legacy?

Nah.
samantha moriarty
Wonderful

What a turn of events. Love James and Karina. Where is the epilogue, can not wait to read more books series
Cherie Clark
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series, didn't want it to end. But had great success.
Ilana
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it

Title: Slow Satisfaction
Author: Cecilia Tan
Publisher/Year: Grand Central Publishing 8/26/14
Length: 336 Pages
Series: Struck by Lightening #3

Overview

James offers Karina not only the t
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
** Originally posted @ SinfulReads Blog - Rating 4.5 of 5

REVIEW: I was super excited when I was given the opportunity to read Slow Satisfaction – book 3 of the Struck By Lightning series by Cecilia Tan. It brought back the amazing, sexy, sensual and mysterious James. A man whose identity was a mystery and whose kink and dark desires brought all those hot scenes that can put Christian Grey to shame!

I got really into this story from book one (Slow Surrender) – from the moment I met James I knew h
Jeannie Zelos
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Slow Satisfaction, Cecilia Tan
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews
I loved the first two in this trilogy, and have been waiting for this final part. Since FSoG ( which I loved despite the eye rolling etc) there seems to have been numerable erotic, BDSM trilogies of very variable qualities. Some Authors, Jodi Elen Malpas and K Bromberg have written trilogies that are fresh and engaging, but sadly far too many are like reading the same story over and over with just very slight changes. This trilo
Romancing the Book
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Amy W
Book provided by NetGalley
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

It took less than five pages for me to realize that not only did Cecilia Tan earn a spot on my keeper shelf with Slow Satisfaction, but there was absolutely no way I could continue with this book — until I read the first two in the series.

The Struck by Lightning series consists of Slow Surrender, Slow Seduction and Slow Satisfaction. While some books in a series can be read as standalones, I would highly recommend
Shirley Frances
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Slow Satisfaction picks up right where Slow Seduction left off. We find Karina returning home to her family to care for her mother where she spends quality time with her sister Jill and lets out some steam about her problems in her relationship with James.

James is back and more determined than ever to make things work with Karina once and for all. He’s vowed to reveal his secrets to her and prmises to let her in completely. Although it’s a slow process, he does his best to keep his promise.

I lov
SaturNalia
James begs Karina's forgiveness for his actions in the last book, she forgives him in the first few chapters and all sort of kinky sexy times ensure. The chemistry between James and Karina is back, which I loved in the first book and was missing from the second. The sex was over the top and strange. All of Jame's secrets were revealed and I felt there was no tension to the story. They were in love and having a fun time sexing all over the place, but there was no place for their relationship to g ...more
Shelly Ash
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Karina gets tired of all the secrets, she breaks it off with James. He'll do just about anything to get her back, along with her trust. Karina makes him a deal: each time she submits to his sexual play he must answer another question about his secret life. Karina loves James, but she knows he has a lot of secrets to reveal. Will she be able to handle all there really is to find out?

Slow Satisfaction is a truly deep tale that slowly unravels to reveal more than you could imagine. Just when y
Tracy Mazur
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
It was okay. I got suckered into reading it because someone said -

SPOILER ALERT!

Okay...someone said "Hey, it's like 50 shades, but as if the main dude was David Bowie) so I thought "Hey, glam rock kicks ass, this might be pretty good!"

It really wasn't bad. Just...I dunno, it felt forced, like she was going through a check list of things she had to add to make the publisher happy. I'm not into romance really, hated 50 Shades (read it so I could figure out what everyone was so excited for), but t
Elisha
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Karina continues to give herself space from James because all of this secrecy; especially towards her. She feels he knows everything about her and can ask her anything, she is an open book. Yet he is the exact opposite.
I don't blame her. I liked the stance she took for sure. Although they eventually came to an odd and slightly humorous agreement on how to get him to open up and answer all her questions: each time after they are intimate, she asks questions and he answers.
I do like how their r
Gretchen
Jul 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Review for the series... because it's really just 1 long story.

What is it with some of these series lately? Are the editors on a quota to get the maximum number of books out of a story? This series is a prime offender.

Interesting characterization - I liked that Kathleen had agency, and wasn't just along for the ride
Steamy scenes - although by book 3 I think the author was feeling rushed
An interesting resolution to the full story in book 3.

Recommended, but go ahead and buy all 3 or risk facing t
Haha
Aug 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Everything is tied into a nice neat bow.

Karina's mom apparently went through personality translate during her 'fall', and James suddenly open and forward about sharing any and all information, Becky gets to stay in James' loft for free, la-see-dah, finish. Even Ferrara got her HEA, sort-of...

All that tensions and suspense all resolved as if there weren't any obstacles in the first place.

Better renamed as Slow Disappointment. Had none of the draw of the first two books, the mystery in the first b
Katie Robinson
A rather forgettable story. I did not read the first book in this series, I wish I did then I would have a full understanding of what was being said. However, it was not a necessity because the book ties in a pretty little predictable bow. The only good parts of the book was the sex scenes.... Basically, rich guy loves girl, rich guy scoops girl into his world, rich guy has a crazy bitch stalking him, rich guy and his girl prevails in the end... I probably wont read another book from this series ...more
Kathryn
Cecilia really knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat! Such is her talent in real life I expect.

Karina has rushed home from London to see about her mom, and hold James at bay. James knows that he owes her an apology and some truth giving. Moving forward in an extreme relationship is not easy for these two, and because they are so explosively attracted to each other there is bound to be a large KABOOM.

Sit back and enjoy the whipping fast story telling in this third book, because if you b
Michelle Quintana
I won this book from Goodreads. I enjoyed reading the first two books in the series but I was very disappointed in the last book. I felt like there was no chemistry between Karina and James. I was very disappointed in the ending, it felt kind of dumb to me. Every time that I thought things would get interesting, it ended up being a major letdown. The series had so much potential but it just fell flat with the last book.
Michelle Quintana
Limecello
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
2.5 I guess - I think the series was dragged out a bit too much so there was distracting filler
if it had been a duology maybe it would've been perfect?
By book three [and I read them all in a weekend] I'd had too much to think and beyond the "duh fiction" it was all a bit too much.

I did like how James had to chase Karina down, and the whole "switching identities" was clever, but came too closely after the last WTF scene :\
Catherine Iriarte
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this book, the author did a great job of wrapping up everything that kept the reader hanging in the other books. The Struck by Lightening trilogy had: romance, mystery, scandal, a hero and a great story line.
Damon & Vanette 1 4 Jul 03, 2015 04:35PM
Pump Up Your Book: Slow Satisfaction by Cecilia Tan 1 8 Jun 17, 2014 06:42PM

• The Delicious Torment (A Story of Submission, #2)
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Marked (Metamorphosis, #1; Beyond, #3.5; Thompson & Sons, #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 4 "Poisoned" (My Masters' Nightmare, #4)
  • Make Me Yours Evermore (Pierced Hearts, #3)
  • Blowing Off Steam
  • A Bedtime Story (A Bedtime Story Trilogy, #1)
  • Running Wild (Northern Shifters, #4)
  • Beyond Addiction (Beyond, #5)
  • The Abduction of Kelsey
  • Notorious (Playing With Fire, #4)
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Perfect Catch (Boys of Summer, #2)
  • Deep in Crimson (Return to Sanctuary, #2)
  • Running Free (Northern Shifters, #5)
  • Finding Strength (Finding Strength, #1-2)
  • Trust: Pandora's Box (TRUST Trilogy #3; TRUST Universe #6-8)
  • 50 Shades of Pink
Susie Bright says, "Cecilia Tan is simply one of the most important writers, editors, and innovators in contemporary American erotic literature." Since the publication of Telepaths Don't Need Safewords in 1992, she has been on the cutting edge of the erotic form, often combining elements of fantasy and science fiction in her work. She is also founder and editor of Circlet Press.

RT Book Reviews aw

Struck by Lightning (3 books)
  • Slow Surrender (Struck by Lightning, #1)
  • Slow Seduction (Struck by Lightning, #2)