Start by marking “Drawn” as Want to Read:
Drawn

Drawn

A wholly original tale of friendship and betrayal through the eyes – and lies – of one extraordinary girl.

Sasha has a secret – that she can make you spill your secret with nothing more than a question. Her strange gift makes her a burden to her foster family and a total freak of nature. Not that Sasha cares. Why should she when no one cares about her?

Then the CIA knocks o
Published December 15th 2013 by Gray Life, LLC (first published December 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Drawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drawn

Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Family, Infiltration, teenager, Superpower, Superhero.

This was a great quick read. I really enjoyed it! I especially liked the little strips at the beginning of each chapter.

This story was a different perspective, and it wasn't really something I'd considered. And I loved the complications that came with this very different situation.

I think this is probably the book that really pushed me to give comics a go. I liked how each chapter started with that little graphic, which was new to m
Rebecca McNutt
Really sappy and melodramatic, but otherwise I very much enjoyed Drawn and the main character's brush with the government and her peculiar abilities.
Dana

I didn't expect to like this book as much as I did. I thought that the plot was interesting if a little farfetched. I do feel like the story could have been a bit more fleshed out. Although the main character has a super power, this book doesn't really feel paranormal. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but the story doesn't go into much detail about the "how" of her power.

However there are very cute comic strips before each chapter that I felt did a good job at giving glimpses of the main cha
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
1.5 star
Oh, how deceiving looks can be! (I just love being overly dramatic sometimes, don’t you?) With the cover and the blurb as impressive as these, Drawn can easily pull in even the most skeptical of readers – and in my case, it did. Everything about this book looked right on the surface. The cover is alluring, the premise so very intriguing, and the short graphic introductions to each chapter promised a unique reading experience. However, it soon became clear that Drawn is nowhere near as go
Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
**Copy received from the publisher for an honest opinion and does not influence my review in any way.**

Rejected by her parents, Sasha is used to people ignoring her because of her unique gift. After five seconds of her speaking, people say exactly what’s on their mind. After childhood full of rejection and hurt, she is working for FBI. After successful mission, she is sent to Brussels, Belgium to work on assignment to try and catch graffiti artist who is believed to be involved in some political
Tati
I’d like to thank NetGalley and Gray Life, LLC for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

This was an okay read. While it didn’t make me feel outright bored, I found myself glancing at the bottom of my Kindle’s screen to see how long I still had to go. It was very promising, but, for some reason, it just didn’t deliver.

Sasha, the main character, didn’t really strike a chord with me. She is not someone I’d want to be friends with. The plot also felt a bit confusing at time
Kara
This review (and others) can also be read here: http://diaryofateenwriter.wordpress.c...

Then the CIA knocks on her door. They want to give Sash
Savvina
Let me just put something out there this book had sooo much potential to be good,even a 4 star read but the ending ruined it for me.It was a little too predictable.

Seriously the whole back story was kick-ass.FBI teenage girl who becomes a CIA teenage girl,gets in a difficult position between her feelings and her hob.The romance could have worked amazingly in this one but no,it had to be done wrong!If this was a series I would be definitely frustrated but at least in the next book we would had a
A Reader's Heaven

Lynai
Mar 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2014-books
Also posted in It's A Wonderful Bookworld.

I was looking for a random read, and if not for the cool cover, I wouldn’t have picked this book. And of course, there was the blurb which immediately caught my attention because, teenage girl? With a secret? CIA? As a reader who fancies everything that’s mystery, I thought that this could be the right story to keep me out of my reading slump.

Drawn is not at all bad as a random read. And since I had absolutely no expectations about the story or the writi
Alyson {Error Nebula}
Have you ever felt like a book can't disappoint you, with a gripping beginning, interesting plot and cool powers?

I also though that this book is going to blow me away, that it would remind me of the FBI series I like so much. It wasn't my cup of coffee.

Sasha has a very unique power- all people around her say out loud their deepest, darkest secrets without meaning to.Being abandoned by her parents, moving from one family to another, until she is found by the CIA.
Given a new hope and life, Sasha i
Paula  Phillips
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sasha has always been the freak of the bunch as when she was born, she was discovered to have the ability to be a truth detector. Within meeting someone for the first 5 seconds if they did not say what they wanted fast - she would be able to reveal what they really wanted to say out loud. When she was younger she was taken to a lab to be tested and then eventually she was handed over to the FBI to become one of their assets . Now at 16 , Sasha has been busy working with Agent Chelsea Tanner but ...more
Melanie
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgallery
This book has gone into the 'Did not finish' pile I am afraid. I gave it 2 stars because I felt the beginning was superb and well written, but from then on I lost interest. I felt the synopsis isn't wrote very well in that you expect a book with some mystery, maybe a little fun but in the YA genre. Instead I felt for most YA readers (Especially those of that age), they would struggle finishing it as it just wasn't gripping enough and at times slow moving. I rarely review books I do not finish, b ...more
Kimber
This is a trimmed down version of my review, to view the full review visit The Book Ramble.

I received a copy of this book from Gray Life LLC on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sasha is born with a vocal cord defect that makes people tell her their innermost thoughts. She is hired by the CIA and FBI to get confessions out of people. Eventually she is taken on a special assignment to bring down a dictatorship by having a famous graffiti artist start a revolution against the dictator. On
Rebecca (Unbound Pages)
This review and more can be found on my blog, The Library Canary.

***I received a free copy of this book from the publisher. This has in no way changed my opinion of the book. The review below is my open and honest opinion.***

I really love the show Covert Affairs which follows a young CIA agent. So when I read the synopsis for this book and saw CIA and that the main character could force people to tell the truth I was super excited. Unfortunately, it was kind of a letdown.

The main character, Sas
She
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
More Reviews:

**I received this as an eARC through Netgalley from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. In no way does that influence the thoughts or opinions reflected. I did not get paid to post this review**

REVIEW

Words canNOT express how much I LOVED this book!! When I first saw it I thought "Oh that sounds like it might be good" so I requested it and then I was stoked to get the email saying APPROVED. Then I opened the book and right before chapter one there was this comic-esque
Ruthsic
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy

Then the CIA knocks on her door. They want to give Sasha a new identity and drop her into a foreign country to infiltrate a ring of zealous graffiti terrorists. They want to give Sasha something to care about.

To survive a world where no one is who they
Liv (Stories For Coffee)
Drawn is a story about a sixteen year old orphaned girl named Sasha who works for the FBI since she has special abilities they need to help solve cases. Sasha can make people say what they’re thinking out loud by using her voice waves which was very intriguing to read about. This power she possesses easily hooked me into the novel to find out more about her life as she lived with her FBI partner who acted as her foster mother. One day after solving a case with her partner, the CIA offers Sasha a ...more
Zareena (The Slanted Bookshelf)
Drawn starts out in an interrogation room with Sasha and her partner Chelsea, while both of them are interrogating a serial killer. Sasha is just a 16 year old girl and since I didn't read the blurb before I started reading (it's been on my Kindle for a while) I forgot what exactly the book was about. Well, Sasha has a secret - the ability to make you spill your secrets with just her voice and we see her gift in action while questioning the killer. Then she's reassigned to Brussels with a CIA ag ...more
Ellen E. Baldwin (Quest Reviews)
Quest Reviews
The premise for this novel is a little out there. Okay, brace yourself. The book follows a 15 (almost 16) year old orphan girl, Sasha, who works for the FBI. She has anomalous vocal chords that cause people to blurt out what they're thinking. When the story opens, Sasha is tapped by the CIA to work in Brussels to work on a "black propaganda" case. The CIA hopes to infiltrate European graffiti artists — in particular an artist called Kid Aert — and influence them into painting image
Brianna C
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, netgalley
"I don't need anyone feeling sorry for me. My voice is a give. My voice gives me value. Any superhero, any comic, any movie, any novel will tell you that serving the greater good requires sacrifice, and from what I can see of the redhead and the douche bag in the back, this sacrifice is an easy trade-off."

This was not necessarily a bad book, but by no means is it a favorite (or close to) for the year. However, it did make me want to read more from this author. I did like it, it just seemed to su
Jackie
See review @ Bookcharmed

If you read the blurb above and expect a fun YA mystery filled with espionage and action (like I did), then I’m sorry to say you’re most likely going to be very disappointed (like I was). Sasha is sent on an assignment in Brussels, Belgium for her special truth-extracting powers and talent in art to infiltrate the underground graffiti scene, identify the artist known as Kid Aert, and somehow persuade them into doing propaganda for the US.

The storyline has potential, but I
Kimber Wheaton
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Drawn is a fun story with some romance, a touch of the paranormal, and lots of action. One of my favorite things about this novel is the comics at the beginning of each chapter. Not only are they cute, but they give the reader insight into the life Sasha has lived, the angst her strange power causes not only in her but everyone around her.

Sasha is a fifteen year old girl who is abandoned at birth and shuffled around from fo
Rinn
I received a copy of this book for free from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review. Also posted on my blog, Rinn Reads.

It took me a while longer to get to this book than I intended, especially as it is relatively short, and by that point I’d pretty much completely forgotten what it was about! Therefore I decided to dive into it with little knowledge, and was pleasantly surprised.

The basic premise is that Sasha, our protagonist, was abandoned as a baby and grew up in various foster homes. D
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
Drawn...what to say about Drawn? I really like the idea of a girl who has a voice that can make you spill your secrets. It's one interesting ability, and it's a really interesting take on that ability.

She really is the perfect person to work for the FBI or the CIA. I'll admit that the FBI Sasha helping out the FBI since she was 12 to be a bit unbelievable...but at the same time, I was totally willing to overlook that, since it's the set-up for the rest of the book.

I like the graphic novel part o
Chris Torretta
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fan girl time right!!!? I mean… holy hell! I was slightly worried because I absolutely die over Cecilia Gray’s work but this one sounded so totally different that I was hesitant.

I should not have been!

I’m so glad I started this. The only downside was I started it at night. I would recommend starting when you have time to finish in a sitting! You will not want to put it down!!

Now, I already love Cecilia’s writing, however, these characters REALLY got to me. Sasha’s freakiness was a wonderful twis
Elizabeth (Your Ordinary Bookworm)
**I received a copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

Initial Thoughts: A really well done story. I read it in one sitting and loved the idea and plot. It felt like I was really there and it was really easy to connect with the main character Sasha. It was an easy and enjoyable read!

The Characters: Sasha is the main character and while there are others like Vivi and Seb, a huge focus is on Sasha and really how she wants to be normal. Even though the story is about trying to infiltr
Paola
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
3.5/5

This was such a pleasant surprise! I was drawn to the premise of this novel but I wasn't sure what to expect. One of the most unique aspects of Drawn is that there are comic strips at the beginning of each chapter. This adds a quirky and interesting aspect to the rest of the novel. They depict Sasha's early life, which is not really discussed in detail in the story itself. If you are confused about the presence of the comic strips, don't worry! They are tied to the story in a deeper level.
Charli - To Another World
Read this review and many others at To Another World

I received a free copy of this book from the author via NetGalley in exchange for a honest review. This does not affect my review/opinions in any way. Thank you!

I'm still not entirely sure about this book and it was definitely a book that people would either love or hate! Due to my stupid tablet, I had to reread 30% of this before, so, hopefully, that will be benefictial to the review.

The book wasn't exactly my normal type of book, and to begin
Tania Godwin-evans

The premise of this book was unique if a little out there – using a teenage FBI operative in co-operation with an adult operative. This teenager has a special skill that was useful during interrogations. A really interesting premise for a novel one would have thought a thriller, a romance and paranormal elements.

There were cartoons drawn at the beginning of each chapter giving glimpses of the characters but I feel that (apart from the final one) they should have formed a prologue as they were to
« previous 1 3 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: Drawn by Cecilia Gray (ARC)- April 13/2014 11 11 Apr 15, 2014 09:45AM

• See Me (Simply Supernatural, #1)
  • 4 to 16 Characters
  • Pocket Full of Posies (Hostage Negotiation Team #3)
  • Dream of Time
  • Dying to Run
  • Summer in New York Collection
  • Hush (Lakeview, #1)
  • Safe House (Guardian, #2)
  • Alora: The Wander-Jewel (Alora, #1)
  • The Happy Endings Book Club
  • Sunny Days for Sam
  • The Promise (The Lady Quill Chronicles, #1)
  • Finding Home
  • Grave Images
  • Journey Into the Flame (Rising World Trilogy, #1)
  • A Portrait for Toni
  • Bottled Up Secret
  • Thief Prince
Cecilia Gray writes sweet stories about smart girls and nice guys.

When she isn't writing, she's into books, movies, TV, food, and hanging out with her friends.

* * *
Author's note: I'm here on Goodreads as a reader first, a writer second.

I read and review books here. Sometimes books I love and sometimes ones I don't love so much. I hope that's okay - the same way I'm okay if my books are reviewed a