Start by marking “Deadpool by Daniel Way: The Complete Collection, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Deadpool by Daniel Way: The Complete Collection, Volume 1

Deadpool by Daniel Way: The Complete Collection, Volume 1

(Deadpool (2008) #1-2, 2.5)

Paperback, Complete Collection, 472 pages
Published August 13th 2013 by Marvel (first published July 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool by Daniel Way, please sign up.
Nicholas West There is a depiction of school-age children murdering their teacher and getting ready to burn down the school. That might be a good indicator of age…moreThere is a depiction of school-age children murdering their teacher and getting ready to burn down the school. That might be a good indicator of age suitability. (Actually surprised that Marvel editorial let that one fly -- as a joke no less.)(less)

Michael Finocchiaro
I was hoping for more of a continuous cycle here but in fact this is a random scattering of Deadpool appearances in other superhero storylines. Interesting, but not essential.
Anna
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
i'll read anything with deadpool in the title
Fluffyroundabout
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
"HE'S THE MARVEL UNIVERSE'S MERC WITH A MOUTH! AS QUICK WITH A PISTOL AS HE IS WITH A ONE-LINER!"Wow...this was one hell of a ride. From invading a skrull warship to fighting off a horde of zombies ruled by some plastic surgeon in a haunted castle (it's that mental..yes) This was absolutely crazy, action packed, funny and ridiculous because that's Deadpool! Not to mention all the awesome characters you'lol come across in this collection!

The book starts off with Wolverine origins #21-25 which was
Melki
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I am not a huge superhero fan, so this snarky, clearly insane antihero is definitely the man for me!

description

Here's a good introduction to this unique character, the man who plays so well with others. We learn his origin story, and laugh along as he attempts to take out Wolverine, then battles zombies, land sharks, and Hawkeye. The only story I wasn't wild about was the Thunderbolts arc - too much action, not enough trash-talk.

description

I shall be requiring more of this guy's shenanigans. Pronto.
Gavin
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This collects Wolverine Origins, where Logan and Wade go at each other for nearly 5 issues straight before we get to a point. The art by Steve Dillon I just can't unsee Preacher now...Logan looks like Jesse Custer...so does Daken, and so does Bucky...only Wade looks different. I'm not a fan of Wade being unmasked for so long...kinda defeats the point.
I did like the origins storyline but this felt forced, since Daniel Way wrote this and also Deadpool...kinda a really long cameo advertising the De
David
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
Great light-hearted, bloody entertainment. Dragged down a wee tad by a Thunderbolts x-over. Love the Thunderbolts. And Ghost is on that team. He's one of my favorite villains. He ought to have his own magazine. But the creative team on TBolts is just not as snappy as the creative team on Deadpool.

Love this period of Marvel. Post-Secret Invasion. Dark Avengers! Dark Reign! All that ended far too soon. Wish it had gone on a bit longer. Loved the stories we were getting out of it.

This is one of t
Roy
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This was fun and violent but I feel like it was just too simple. The internal voices just felt like it gave Way a reason or another character ( deadpool himself) to throw jokes around with. Being my first Deadpool novel I get the feeling that he doesn't have an large story arc. Just a bunch of smaller missions that get caught up in other characters issues.
Aurora Dimitre
So, I've got a character in something I'm writing that's really into comic books. Like, he's the guy that's spouting off references. So, obviously, I've been researching things so that he can be spouting off references, and then I started to get really interested and long story short I decided that since I decided this guy's favorite was Deadpool, I'd just start with Deadpool. So I just bought the first thing that popped up on Amazon, and wow am I glad I did because this was just so fun .

This
Deadpool: Dark Reign: 3.5 stars
Dark Reign: Deadpool/Thunderbolts: 3.5 stars
Jen Kanke
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm beginning to see why people who are into Marvel don't really have time for much else.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

*Book source ~ Library

From Goodreads:
Daniel Way's hilarious, action-packed run begins here! When the Merc with a Mouth is hired to rub out Wolverine, sparks will fly! But when both men can regenerate any wound in minutes, how can either one expect to finish off his foe? And whoever wins will have to face Wolverine's murderous son, Daken! Then: The Skrulls have infiltrated Earth, but nobody warned them about Deadpool! The invaders replicate Deadpool's healing factor in a new generation of Supe
Chris
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm not a comic book fan, generally, so I'm surprised that I stumbled into Deadpool. But I can't help it... Deadpool is awesome. He takes the art of superhero quipping and raises it to an art form, slinging puns and sometimes injuring himself (or dying) simply to make a punchline work better

These are fun, manic, sometimes psychedelic vignettes in a world that always needs to be dragged down from its self-importance. The comic book superhero world is insane, and it's nice to have someone that tru
Matt
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Deadpool is one of the greatest comic book characters ever made. Once I started reading this it was hard for me to stop. This comic put a bunch of different Deadpool stories together into one comic. This was a good read(zing), with Deadpools great puns and jokes it made it all the more interesting to read. I would recommend this comic to everyone.
Reggie Kray
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good for many, many laughs! Never was a fan of his really but it does feel good to laugh out loud. By yourself. With the neighbours hearing.
Dave
Apr 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Though I love comics and read them a lot, most of what I know about Deadpool is from the movie.
So I grabbed this collection to see how Deadpool is, in the comics.
I enjoyed it, and he is a lot like he is portrayed in the film.
This is a funny, if violent collection.
Some good writing here.
Josie Jaffrey
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brilliant, silly fun. I love Deadpool’s three different voices (although they were a bit confusing to start with...!), and I enjoyed the art.
Francisco Ruiz
it is nice and juciey
Clay Haase
Oct 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Review brought by Geekly Review

‘Deadpool: The Complete Collection’ #1, by Daniel Way is the expansive volume that collects a whole year’s worth of Deadpool stories into a (exactly) 472 pages. It collects exactly Wolvering Origins #21-#25, Deadpool #1-#12, and Thunderbolts #130-#131; all written by Daniel Way with the exception of the Thunderbolts issues included (written instead by Andy Diggle), and featuring a number of artists. It supposed my first venture into Deadpool after reading the Dea
Andrew
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4TH CHOICE BOOK 2ND QUARTER
If you love Deadpool like me you will love this book.This book has seventeen comics in one,wolverine origins 21-25 ,Deadpool 1-12,and the thunderbolts 130-131. The book has Wolverine, the Skrull, Tiger Shark, Deadpool and more in this amazing comic book. One of my favorite parts is when Hydra bob wants to high five Deadpool but instead Deadpool shoots Hydra bobs hand unsuspectingly.
Hunter Osman
it was really good and the fight scenes are amazing
Mouse
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I've never been a big Deadpool fan! I think his early appearances are some of the worst stuff in comics. He was nothing but a two bit B hero. I've never really gotten behind his breaking the fourth wall antics or the slapstick behavior. As for the whole Merc with a Mouth thing, that wasn't really his shtick when he started out.

Funny thing is that I have history with Deadpools creator Liefeld, we attended many conventions back in OC and I remember some of his early sketches. Maybe there
Edna
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rob Liefeld tweeted that some panels were taken from Daniel Way's run and were put into the Deadpool movie so I was looking out for that. I gotta say the scene that was chosen was not what I expected (thought it'd be some major fight scene) but nonetheless good. Anyway, I've read Deadpool comics by a handful of writers now. When I was looked up Daniel Way it seemed like a there were some strong feelings on his take of Deadpool. Personally, I'm on the positive side, at least so far. I mean there ...more
Vikki
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
So I have read a few graphic novels before but not anything from the Marvel/X-Men/Avenger universe before so this Deadpool Complete Collection Volume 1 did a good job of catching me up. It had Wolverine Origins issues and some Thunderbolt issues as well as the first issues of the Deadpool series. I read this in preparation to see the movie which is coming out this weekend. It was not as funny as I was expecting but I still really enjoyed it and I read the entire volume in one day. Definitely tho ...more
Gints
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's Deadpool.

Skirting the line between heroic and villainous, as usual. Blowing shit up. Accidentally getting involved in things way above his head. Dodging dangers through the powers of haiku.

Also fun to see the original contexts for some scenes in the movie.

The collection format works wonderfully, because I know I wouldn't have the patience or dedication to track down a single storyline acrosss multiple issues of multiple series.
Julie
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Deadpool. It wouldn't normally be my thing, being that it's violent and perverse and sometimes both at once, but.... I still love Deadpool. I have read 1300 pages of Joe Kelly's run and now this volume, and I still feel that Deadpool TRIES so darn hard to be the good guy, even though his methods are crazy.

I very much prefer the artwork in this run to the previous series.
Andrew
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Deadpool fans
I laughed, I cried, and then I laughed some more.

This collection is the best one I could find of Deadpool currently, and I am hoping a Volume 2 is released. I actually couldn't stop laughing at certain points, because Deadpool is so hilarious and random. "It's all about timing." You'll actually enjoy reading this collection from beginning to end, no doubt about it.
Mathew Carruthers
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Merc with the Mouth - what a riot! Lots of action (duh, it's Deadpool), lots of snarky humor (duh, it's Deadpool) featuring the Marvel Universe's most unstable assassin (duh, it's Deadpool). Entertaining, to say the least. I really hope Marvel Studios gets its collective crap (even more) together and explore the darker side of the Marvel Universe.
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
Loved the artwork and the characterization seemed spot-on (keep in mind, my only previous experience with Deadpool was the new movie). On that note, though, there was an incident toward the end of the book which I'm pretty sure found its way into the film, so that was a nice surprise.
Kelsey Bohl
Aug 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Superhero comics aren't really my thing, but I wanted to read this after seeing the movie trailer. It was pretty good. The humor mixed into it made it a lot better. Might even pick up Vol 2.
  • Deadpool, Volume 4: Deadpool vs. S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • Deadpool: The Ones With Deadpool
  • Night of the Living Deadpool (The Living Deadpool, #1)
  • Groot
  • Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen: The Complete Collection, Vol. 1
  • Daredevil, Volume 2
  • Wormwood, Gentleman Corpse, Vol. 2: It Only Hurts When I Pee
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 9

Deadpool (2008) (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Deadpool, Volume 1: Secret Invasion