Start by marking “Leaving Annalise (What Doesn't Kill You, #2)” as Want to Read:
Leaving Annalise (What Doesn't Kill You, #2)

Leaving Annalise

(What Doesn't Kill You #2)

Multi-awardwinning, Bestselling Romantic Mystery Series
Leaving Annalise picks up the What Doesn't Kill You series with more romance, hilarity, and thrills.

One unexpected and hotly fought-over little boy, two dead bodies, and a series of home vandalisms throw Texas attorney turned island chanteuse Katie Connell into a tizzy. Juggling all of this, Bloody Ma
Published July 1st 2013 by SkipJack Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Leaving Annalise, please sign up.

Start your review of Leaving Annalise (What Doesn't Kill You, #2)
Nan Loyd
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lucky, lucky me! I received an advance copy for the purpose of this review and may I just say I am glad? I knew a sequel was coming and was on pins and needles at the thought of having to wait for it. I wanted to know more about the jumbie house, whether the heroine gets the hero or not, and the flavors and sounds that come alive in this book about island living, murder and mayhem, with a side of suspense and psychotic behavior. What's not to love?

That being said, you should read Sav
Rhonda Erb
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
As much as I loved Saving Grace, I love Leaving Annalise even more. It had me laughing one minute and holding my breath the next (again and again). I felt a kinship with Katie Connell and could totally see this book being made into a movie. Pamela Fagan Hutchins is a true wordsmith and talented story-teller. I'm ready for her next book already!
*I received an advance copy for the purpose of a review.*
Nancy
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
The second book by Pamela Fagan Hutchins in the Katie and Annalise series opens up 6 months after the end of Saving Grace. Katie has almost finished with the renovations and is moving into the jumbie house. Despite being thrilled that she has made the jumbie house her home, there are strange things afoot at the house. Between searching for missing tile and wondering why there are holes in walls, an unexpected guest shows up on St. Marcos. Add to all that, Bart has turned into a jerk and Ava is p ...more
Esther Somorai
Jul 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book from the author through GoodReads, first-reads giveaway. Thank you so much.

A beautiful, eye catching cover, love it. This was a little bit different type of read for me, but found it very interesting and kept me reading. Enjoyed the book for the most part. There's a lot of characters and interaction going on throughout this story to keep your interest up for sure.
R.P. Dahlke
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading Saving Grace, the first in this wonderful romantic mystery series, I had to buy this book. Though it doesn't have the tension of the 1st book, it's refreshingly sweet, funny, romantic and just plain enjoyable. I will continue to read any and everything this author writes.
Julie
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Leaving Annalise by Pamela Fagan Hutchins is a 2013 SkipJack publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Leaving Annalise picks up right where Saving Grace left off. Katie is stunned to find that Nick has traveled all the way from Texas to see her. Now if you read the first book in this series, having Nick show up sort of left me conflicted. I felt like Katie had gone through enough and was finally going to have a little peace and then BAM! the
Stephanie
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have received an advance copy for the purpose of a review.
Let me just say I devoured it like it was chocolate! I loved Saving Grace and I loved Leaving Annalise just as much if not more!
If a book makes me laugh out loud it immediately makes it to my favorites list! I lost count at how many times I laughed out loud. I am more of a mystery reader than a romantic novel reader and I loved the thrills and excitement. I found the romance believable, real and even sw
Wanda
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An altogether enjoyable blend of light mystery and contemporary romance with a touch of the supernatural. The whole jumbie (haunted) house and fun tropical island vibe really sets this apart. I jumped in without first reading the series' intro, Saving Grace , but there was just enough backstory that I didn't feel lost.
Joan Mcnamara
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the first book and wanted to like this one. I thought the characters were underdeveloped and I guess I was never really sure where the plot was headed in this book. First I thought it was a love story, then a mystery, then voodoo, then the whole end threw me. Honestly, I think 3 stars for this was generous-it was a bit of a discombobulated mess for me. Unfortunate because I like the author and wanted to care about these characters from the first book.
Danielle
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane Alderman
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was I wrong?

When Katie begins to question herself about suddenly being thrown into Motherhood, it doesn't take long for her to realize that whatever happens, LOVE will win!
Mike
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leaving Annalise pretty much picked up where its predecessor, Saving Grace, left off. I happen to enjoy that in a series. But yet, this story can completely stand on its own. It is not necessary to read its predecessor to enjoy this story. But reading it is sort of like a bonus!

Why is Katie Leaving Annalise?
Annalise is a house. Well, okay, it’s more like a mansion. But it’s the place Katie fell in love with and purchased when she moved to St. Marcos, an island in the Caribbean. It is thought by the locals that Annalise is a j/>/>Why
Rosemary
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Death in Paradise and Murder She Wrote
Leaving Annalise - a review by Rosemary Kenny

Katie is the other half of a singing duo with Ava, the latter always hoping for fame and fortune away from her small island career in this romantic mystery by the amazing and prolific Pamela Fagan Hutchins.

As events change quickly and an old flame she thought had gone out for good returns to San Marcos island, Katie's life is about to be turned upside down in ways she's never dreamt of. Torn between two lovers - old and new - K
Claudia
When the story begins, we find Katie living at the island, getting Annalise ready to be her home. But Bart, his boyfriend from book one? Not as nice as he seemed. And Nick shows up. Unannounced. With apologies... and a baby?

And so it begins! A lot of stuff is happening; there was a murder at Bart's restaurant, Nick's parents are being harassed by his sister's boyfriend, father of his nephew; and things only get worse from that point on. There is even a hurricane!

This book
Julie Howard
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
I enjoyed this book. It is book two in the series and was nice to catch up with what feels like old friends and to find out the next chapter in Katie's life. This was more of a romance story with a side story of mystery but I still enjoyed it. I love the idea of the haunted house and the way she plays a big part in Katie's life and decision.
The love of Katie's life turns up with a big surprise that soon has her world turning upside down. With the big surprise comes baggage and dead bodies neith
Dee
I loved these three books, but I'm always afraid I'll give too much away. If you read the first book, Saving Grace, you will want to continue on. There is always a little mystery, some bad guys and Katie continuing to wrap herself around her new life. Married to the man of her dreams, who has been raising his nephew, Katie and Nick move back to Texas so Nick can try to keep custody of the young boy once Nick's sister, a Marine, is killed in action. The father has been in prison, but now wants th ...more
Mary Dean
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
* audio book review *

Ready for more adventure with our attorney Katie turned islander? I so was and this book didn't disappoint. This story had so much to it. People who we thought we had figured out in book one totally turned out to be different. I am not going to give details because there are many surprises in this book and they start in the beginning. I will tell you that this book is full of the humor, romance, adventure, suspense and mystery. I felt like Katie was a dear friend
Trudy
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always knew there was more to Nick’s speech than Katie allowed him to say. Granted she was in a bad space at the time and I think things worked out the way they were supposed to. Annalise let’s herself be known when he arrives at the island home but nothing comes easy to Katie or Nick. Little mysteries and big a like trouble the island and Annalise. As with all of Pamela Fagan Hutchins stories you get a bit of everything and lots of excitement!

I cannot tell you how much I love her stories! Fi
Barbara
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Saving Grace and Leaving Annalise back to back this week while I was sick. It's like spending time with a fun, quirky friend who has it all together better than she realizes and you get to go along for the ride. After reading Saving Grace, I *had* to get Leaving Annalise so I could hear the rest of the story. Yea Nick!

My one criticism is that the dialogue from male characters sometimes sounds too artificial. Some of the responses sound more like a woman's response than what mo
Stef
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First I thought I wouldn't go on - and then I couldn't stop!
I like the blend of romance and mystery with a good pinch of the supernatural thrown in.
And I like the main character, not always, but most of the time. Which makes her quite "real" to me.
But I also agree with some other readers - it's not clear for quite some time where the story is headed, and I found the middle part lengthy. When I was close to putting this down, suddenly things picked up again and I simply had to finish
Nikki
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got the first book free on Kindle, and despite having another book already started, couldn't stop thinking about the characters and what would happen to them next. I was not disappointed. Book 2 takes Katie in a direction I wasn't expecting - but I was hooked on the story and delighted with where it went.
If you're looking for an engaging and lighthearted read, I strongly recommend this series.
Holly
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the 1st book in the series. This was good too but had more paranormal, more relationship drama, and less mystery. Katie has to choose between her house and Nick. Nick has to choose between his baby nephew and Katie. There is a bit of mystery but it doesn't really come into play until the end. The book kept me engaged and it was enjoyable.
Christiane Allison
I was really excited to see this story kick it up a notch for Katie in the romance department. It kept you guessing again, and the resulting connections were clever and satisfying. Watching Katie struggle with her new roles, and stepping into real responsibility, was exciting. I can't wait to see where book #3 will take her!
Chris Blackton
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am quite enjoying this series. I like the setting (a Caribbean Island called St. Marcos). It gives the book a different spin not least of which is the Jumbie (a Voodoo spirit) named Annalise. The way the people think, look and behave; the different police reactions; the weather (a hurricane in this book); the food; polar opposites from North American standards.
Arloeen Tveit
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second book in a trilogy. As with the first book,it took a bit to get into the story, but then events took over and it became the read I expected. Couldn't put it down. Not sure how the last book in the series can top the first two, but am anxious to find out!
Maureen
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
worth a read

Katie is a character in development...she isn't sure who she is. with a little .mystical help, she survivez the elements and the bad guys....that are often difficult to identify. it is all here..mystery, adventure and romance.
bibiana perdomo
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful sequel

I absolutely loved this book. I love the continuing story of Katie and all her ups and downs . I absolutely recommend this serious it's a love story laced with plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader wanting more.
Patsy Fox
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book as much as the first book Saving Grace. There are so many things that happen you don't want to put it down. Good writing, great story and lots of suspense. I'am enjoying this series.
Rita Hebert
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Plot

This installment of the What Doesn’t Kill You series was really good also. I just knew that they couldn’t leave Annalise, at least I hoped not. I have said before how much I like the characters and setting but the plots are really good, too.
Ms M
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow but steady

Slow to start, but once the story gets in gear the surprises continue to develop. Interesting character development with Katie. Not exactly a mystery novel, but then it is. Enjoyed.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Saint Paddy's Promise: A Cozy Mystery (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 6)
  • The Thanksgiving Trip (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery, #5)
  • The Halloween House (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • Dangerous Mistakes (Leah Nash Mysteries, #2)
  • The Most Wonderful Time of The Year
  • Deadly Act (Kylie Hatfield #1)
  • Marked for Murder (Shelby Nichols #12)
  • What's Left of Us (What's Left of Me, #2)
  • The Good Neighbors
  • The Valentine Mystery (Tess and Tilly #2)
  • Begynderheld
  • Fra nu af og for evigt
  • A Midsummer Night's Murder: A Shelby Nichols Novella (Shelby Nichols #11.5)
  • Good Girl (Mackenzie August #6)
  • Clowns and Cowboys (A Miranda and Parker Mystery #3)
  • Devious Minds (Shelby Nichols #8)
  • Hidden Deception (Shelby Nichols #9)
  • Them (Him & Her, #3)
I am a wannabe barrel racer afraid of going fast, the author of the USA Today bestselling What Doesn't Kill You world of romantic mysteries, and a fangirl podcaster on Wine Women & Writing.

{By the way, to get free exclusives, first looks, and special deals with my newsletter, go to https://bit.ly/pamelaNL.}

I ride my plus-sized princess, Katniss, with my hunky husband way up in the frozen north of

What Doesn't Kill You (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Saving Grace (What Doesn't Kill You #1; Katie & Annalise #1)
  • Finding Harmony (What Doesn't Kill You #3; Katie & Annalise #3)
  • Going for Kona (What Doesn't Kill You #4; Michele #1)
  • Heaven to Betsy (What Doesn't Kill You #5; Emily #1)
  • Earth to Emily (What Doesn't Kill You #6; Emily #2)
  • Hell to Pay (What Doesn't Kill You #7; Emily #3)
  • Fighting For Anna (What Doesn't Kill You #8; Michele #2)
  • Bombshell (What Doesn't Kill You #9; Ava #1)
  • Stunner (What Doesn't Kill You #10; Ava #2)
  • Knockout (What Doesn't Kill You #11; Ava #3)