Start by marking “Danger on a Silent Night (Imagination Station #12)” as Want to Read:
Danger on a Silent Night (Imagination Station #12)

Danger on a Silent Night

(Imagination Station #12)

Beth and Patrick travel to the Holy Land. Patrick joins the wise men as they travel toward Jerusalem. Beth winds up at Herod's palace and sees the king's reaction when he finds out about the newly born King of the Jews. The cousins meet up at the palace. Devout Simeon tells them where they can find the baby Jesus. Beth and Patrick set out with the wise men only to discover ...more
Published October 1st 2013 by Focus on the Family Publishing (first published September 20th 2013)

Michelle
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
I was excited to read this book because I knew it would bring a unique twist into the Christmas story of Jesus' birth. This book does an excellent job in showing young kids the Biblical account, for example, the Bible says nothing about there being only 3 wise men. We get these ideas from tradition and songs yet many of the things are made up. Beth learns more about gift giving and what it should mean during the holidays. Patrick learns more about the Biblical story and they both get an insider ...more
Amanda
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good retelling with an important message

I was quite nervous going into this book & I was unimpressed with Showdown with the Shepherd - the other retold Bible story for AIO Imagination Station. In that story I felt that too many liberties had been taken & was concerned about what might be done to the birth of Jesus.

The book doesn't actually take place when Jesus is born (as the title seems to imply) but when the wise men arrive a little later.

I was very pleased with how the story was hand
Elizabeth
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Danger on a Silent Night takes Beth and Patrick to the Holy Land to learn about the birth of Jesus. Patrick travels with the wise men to Jerusalem in search of the newborn King. Beth finds herself in Herod’s castle and witnesses King Herod’s reaction when he hears of the King of the Jews’ birth. When the cousins find each other at Herod’s palace, they set out together to find Baby Jesus and meet Simeon where he tells them where to find Him. However, the cousins discover that they are being follo ...more
Louise Pearson
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book! In this story Beth and Patrick travel to the King’s palace in Jerusalem where Judith meets Beth and asks her for help with her musical instruments. Meanwhile Patrick meets a young man whose father is king of the wise men who have been following a star and are stopping in the royal palace at Jerusalem to ask directions for the newborn King of the Jews. Apellus, the son of one wise man, showed Patrick the trick of creating smoke. Will Patrick find Beth? Who helps Beth escape King Herod ...more
Cathy
This was another of my 4th Grader's favorites of this series, and an appropriate one to read for the Christmas season. It's about on par with Max Lucado's "The Crippled Lamb" or other fictional works that mix fiction with Biblical truth. Usually, I like to be careful with those because I want the kids to realize which part is truth and which part is fiction. I also get a little wary if any of the characters try to take center stage away from Jesus. This one was well done, though.
Cristine
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. This time Patrick and Beth are traveling to Bethlehem with the Wise Men to see Baby Jesus. There are many trials to overcome as they go to Jerusalem to talk to King Herod. Beth happens to be a slave fir the king. How do the cousins get back together and get to see Jesus? You will have to read the book to find out. Highly recommended reading.
Joy Strickland
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Patrick and Beth are off to the Holy Land. This adventure takes place during the first Christmas. It was an exciting way to view this Biblical story. I thought it was also a good way to teach our children that Christmas isn't about how much you spend on peoples gifts but about loving them and thinking about them. We will be reading this again around the holidays!
Celena Janton
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Imagination Station book so far... and my kids loved it, too. It was the perfect thing to read the week before Christmas. Reading it aloud before bed to my 4 kiddos was nice, and it was a nice, new and different way to tell the Christmas story. It felt like we were there as Beth was holding and playing with baby Jesus. It touched all of our hearts.
Kris
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Christmas gifts. Patrick and Beth have a dilemma about Christmas gifts so Whit sends them on an adventure to learn about the first Christmas gifts. The cousins learn firsthand about smelly, spitting camels, the cruelty of King Harod and about the giving of gifts. Awesome book!
Liz
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a birth of Christ adventure that examines gift-giving vs. helping the poor. It is fast-paced & deals with common misconceptions about the Nativity story. It also talks of earning money for gifts or making gifts. We are taught that we can help the poor & show our love to family too.
Amy
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Danger on a Silent Night takes Patrick and Beth on an extra special adventure. This time they back to the time of when Jesus was born. They also learn a lesson of the true meaning of Christmas. A great read for all ages - young or old.
5 stars.
Feb 19, 2014
Chanel
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Marianne Hering is a prolific writer, having written hundreds of articles and a number of books for children and parents. For nine years she worked for several magazines in Focus on the Family’s periodicals department and became the editor of Clubhouse, a Focus on the Family children’s magazine with a circulation of more than 100,000.

As a book developer for Focus on the Family, she and coauthor /

Imagination Station (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Voyage with the Vikings (Imagination Station, #1)
  • Attack at the Arena (Imagination Station, #2)
  • Peril in the Palace (Imagination Station, #3)
  • Revenge of the Red Knight (Imagination Station, #4)
  • Showdown with the Shepherd (Imagination Station, #5)
  • Problems in Plymouth (Imagination Station, #6)
  • Secret of the Prince's Tomb (Imagination Station #7)
  • Battle for Cannibal Island (Imagination Station #8)
  • Escape to the Hiding Place (Imagination Station #9)
  • Challenge on the Hill of Fire (Imagination Station #10)
“science?” 0 likes