Start by marking “Dalai Lama on What Matters Most: Conversations on Anger, Compassion, and Action” as Want to Read:
Dalai Lama on What Matters Most: Conversations on Anger, Compassion, and Action

Dalai Lama on What Matters Most: Conversations on Anger, Compassion, and Action

The Dalai Lama as You've Never Heard Him Before

A few years ago, prominent cultural anthropologist Noriyuki Ueda sat down with the Dalai Lama for a lively two-day conversation. This little book is the result. In it are some surprising truths and commonsense wisdom.

"The attachment that seeks what is good is worthwhile. Seeking enlightenment is a kind of attachment that we
Published September 1st 2013 by Hampton Roads Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dalai Lama on What Matters Most, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dalai Lama on What Matters Most

Start your review of Dalai Lama on What Matters Most: Conversations on Anger, Compassion, and Action
Cole
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was rather short, but I certainly appreciated the fact that I was able to partake in a deep and passionate conversation between two extraordinarily mindful people. Prior to reading this, I didn't think much about religious institutions in other countries, and what their purpose was. This is a conversation worth looking into, as it informed me on so many levels about Buddhism, and not only spoke to my heart, but also allowed me to take some of the principles talked about and apply them ...more
Sherri Rabinowitz
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I was in college I studied under a professor who was good friends with His Holiness, so when he came to the US, he spoke to our class. Our class was a senior class so it was tiny, "The Peoples Of India," and our professor got some amazing speakers. So we were all excited to meet the Dalai Lama, but we thought of it as part of our class and no one was awe struck, as I heard from people who saw him at UCLA later during that same trip.

The man was a kind, with a beautiful smile, a great sense
Shirley
Jan 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
I expected more words of wisdom. It was more a philosophical discussion about Buddhism dwindling down and it's comparison with other religions such as Christianity. They lost me when they said they didn't believe in God and that Buddhism was about being self reliant like Buddha....
Scott Haraburda
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Goodreads First Reads Giveaway Book.

------------------------------------

Another book on Buddhism and its meanings about life. Dalai Lama on What Matters Most: Conversations on Anger, Compassion, and Action is a two-day interview with His Holiness the Dalai Lama in December 2006 by Dr. Noriyuki Ueda. The author is currently a Professor at the Centre for Liberal Arts and the Graduate School of Decision Science and Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan.

The current Dalai Lama, Tenzin
Shayne
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The conversation between The Dalai Lama and Ueda took place over two days in India. Though the focus was on the Buddhists of Japan there is lots to glean from the conversation on compassion and humanity.

I received this book as a giveaway
Lenka
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the parts where he laughs whenever talking about China or North Korea.
Azziba
Oct 08, 2013
Don Campbell
Oct 27, 2015
Daniel Randolph
rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2015
Joshua Becker
Apr 11, 2014
TKG
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
A short but good read on some of Dalai Lama's thoughts on questions that haunt us all.
Michael
Apr 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Pain Heroes: Stories of Hope and Recovery
  • Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People
  • The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck an Unofficial Journal: Ruled, Blank Lined Journal 6�9 120 pages, Funny Witty Slogan Planner for Mark Manson Fans, Organizer for School, Office, Work, Composition Gift Notebook, Personal Growth Self Improvement Diary
  • The Buddha on Wall Street: What’s Wrong with Capitalism and What We Can Do about It
  • The Little Book Of Buddhism
  • Men, Women, and Worthiness: The Experience of Shame and the Power of Being Enough
  • The Power of Truth: Individual Problems and Possibilities
  • Just Six Numbers: The Deep Forces That Shape the Universe
  • Mother's Milk: Poems in Search of Heavenly Mother
  • Girls on the Line
  • Time Travel: A History
  • Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress
  • I Thought It Was Just Me: Women Reclaiming Power and Courage in a Culture of Shame
  • Hot Commodities: How Anyone Can Invest Profitably in the World's Best Market
  • I Will Teach You to Be Rich: No Guilt. No Excuses. No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works
  • A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time-Tested Strategy for Successful Investing
  • Philosophy in Minutes