Start by marking “Mistaken Mistress” as Want to Read:
Mistaken Mistress

Mistaken Mistress

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
To her spiteful aunt, Kathryn Marchant is little more than a servant: she does not deserve a place in polite society. That's about to change, when Kathryn accidentally falls into the arms of the most notorious rake of them all, Lord Ravensmede.
Hardcover, Large Print, 379 pages
Published February 1st 2007 by Mills & Boon (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mistaken Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistaken Mistress

Plum-crazy
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I know a lot of reader turn their noses up at Mills & Boons books but don't let that put you off as you'd be missing a treat. Admittedly I have to be in the right frame for a Mills & Boon (it happens extremely rarely these days) & it just so happens I was. Consequently I really enjoyed this book...it was just what it said on the blurb a Historical romance..rich, vivid & passionate..
Okay, it's predictable in that there's the usual "plain" feisty heroine & a hero with a lothari
Ivy H
This was a Cinderella type romance with a twist. I wish there were more love scenes. The evil relatives did get their just desserts though, although the nasty wannabe OW should have received more of a comeuppance for her evil ways. The heroine suffered way too much at the hands of these bitches. But I loved how the hero saved and protected her when he realised how badly she was being treated.
Tasha
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mistaken Mistress Review. When I first found this book the About the book section was lacking in details but yet something was calling at me to read the book. Could it have been the Title of the book? Possibly. Could it have been what I knew about the book from the About the book section and the title? Possibly. Or could it have been the fact that the book is set back in 1815? More then likely Yes. If you haven't picked up your copy all I can say is you are missing out. A story like this one isn ...more
Hopefulpuffin
A sort of Cinderella story. Destitute woman, nasty relatives, dowager countess in the role of fairy godmother and a prince in the form of a viscount with a bad reputation.

While I don't think Ravensmede was particularly rakish - other than one scene at the very beginning of the book; Kathryn's downright evil aunt-by-marriage made up for it.

Things got a bit cartoon-y at the end and it all wrapped up too quickly but right up until the last chapter and a half this was a good, entertaining read.

Daneesha
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Nick and Kathryn are an amazing couple. I started reading this and COULD NOT stop! I described the first half of it to a friend of mine and she decided that she just HAD to read it too! Loved the chemistry between them. Loved Nick's grandma. Most of all, loved how our hero grows to love the heroine. Oh, swoon!!!!
~Sara~
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, regency
It was readable but not overly memorable. The hero was a bit of an ass at times and the Aunt was an over the top psycho but the ending was good and there were enjoyable moments throughout the book that made it worth reading. I loved the part of the story about the little girl that they helped - it showed Lord Ravensmede at his best.
Lunasa Cailin
I really loved this book. I love stories where the hero comes to the rescue of the heroine in order to save her from an abusive situation. The characters in the book were well written, and the plot line was one of the more believable ones in historical romance. A definite must-read.
nebertz
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just right

The focus was on the main characters' relationships so it was easy to get immersed in Kathryn's plight. Loved it
Tasneem
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: regency
An entertaining, undemanding read. The characters were fairly typical of the genre and there wasn't anything that really stood out. But I can't really find fault with anything either.
Romanza Lettore
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very lovely, slow building relationship. I.like the inclusion of the prickly dowager grandmother.
Sara
rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2017
Trinny
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book.. enthralled me.
Inka
Jan 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Maid of Lorne
  • The Untamed Heiress
  • Her Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #3)
  • Scandalizing The Ton
  • The Rake's Inherited Courtesan
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • Ravished by the Rake
  • The Rogue's Disgraced Lady (The Notorious St Claires, #3)
  • The Notorious Knight (King John, #2)
  • Masquerading Mistress
  • An Unladylike Offer
  • An Improper Aristocrat
  • A Gentleman of Substance
  • The Boss's Inexperienced Secretary
  • Lion's Lady (Lions #4)
  • Never Stay Past Midnight
There is more than one author with this name

Margaret McPhee lives on the West Coast of Scotland with her husband and her pet rabbit called Gwinnie who, at eight years of age, is a grand old lady of the rabbit world. Margaret trained as a scientist, but was always a romantic at heart. She met her husband quite literally between science labs, on a staircase, which was an advantageous first meeting p
More about Margaret McPhee...