Start by marking “Creed” as Want to Read:
Creed

Creed

Three went in. Three came out. None even a shadow of who they once were.

When their car breaks down, Dee, her boyfriend Luke, and his brother Mike walk through a winter storm to take refuge in a nearby town called Purity Springs. When they arrive, the emergency sirens are blaring and the small farming town seems abandoned. With no other shelter, they spend the night in an e
Published November 8th 2014 by Flux (first published November 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Creed, please sign up.
Francine The fictional town in this book called purity springs is all based on god and religion. Its a very good book. Just finished it a few days ago.

Ben Alderson
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a mix of creepy and heart breaking!
I am in shock at the excellence of the stories idea and the uniqueness of the novel. THIS BOOK HAS CREEPED ME OUT TO A POINT WHERE I DONT EVEN WANT TO GO TO NEW TOWNS ANY MORE INCASE THEY TURN OUT TO BE RUN BY CREEPY, EVIL PEOPLE!

This book has left me thinking so much about it, I loved the read.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Emily May
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, young-adult, horror, 2014
Cheap B-movie horror thrills abound!

I really think that anyone who has ever watched a bad horror flick will recognise the framework of this story instantly. I'm not even sure why these tropes are so damn universal in the horror genre, because they're just not scary anymore. If they ever were.

So there's three teens. Two of them are boyfriend and girlfriend (Dee and Luke) and can't keep their damn horny hands off each other. The other is a tag-along (Mike). Why is this so common, by the way? I've
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

3.5 Stars

Commercial Photography

Dee has planned an amazing weekend anniversary getaway with her boyfriend Luke (and, unfortunately, also his brother Mike who has to tag-along in order to keep Luke’s parents from getting suspicious). When their car runs out of gas, the concert becomes their last concern. Instead, the three find themselves stranded on a back road . . .

Commercial Photography

“Now all we needed was a skinny, pale girl in a bikini, a big guy in a mask sporting a
Evie
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Unnecessarily gore, inconsistently written and almost offensively stupid at times, Creed turned out to be a huge let down for me. This book had so much potential - the creepy setting, the disturbing secrets and the twisted mind of the *bad guy* - but almost non of it was realized. Filled with cheap B-class horror thrills and shockers, it's merely a somewhat entertaining trip to a very disturbed, freaky little town, and just like the characters, I just couldn't wait to get out of there.

I won't
Tracey Neithercott
There are few things I love as much as a truly creepy story. When I was in high school, I went on a rampage, trying to discover a horror movie that would keep me up at night. I pretty much failed.

I did, however, avoid Arachnaphobia, which I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt would keep me up for the rest of my life. And, most likely, lead to a psychotic break. Spiders and I? Not really friends.

Anyhow, I love a good horror story. And I love a horror story that aims for more than cheap screams. Which
Abbie
The story is vaguely familiar, like a typical thriller movie. Three unsuspecting teenagers out on a weekend of fun stumble on a creepy town in the middle of nowhere... The weekend getaway turns into a hellish nightmare when these teens have to fight to stay alive.

The reaction I expected from myself:
description

My expression at the end:
description

I was squirming at the edge of my seat while I read this book. I knew it probably would end horribly because that's how the thrilling movie versions do, but I didn't expect t
Christina
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is creepy, atmospheric, and intense. Plus, the writing is just GREAT! I would not want to be left in a room alone with Elijah Hawkins! *shivers* It has something for everyone--horror, romance, suspense! Plain awesome!
Rayne
Creed is one of the most thoroughly disturbing and horrifying books I've ever read. It is infuriating, unfair, visceral, and just really freaking bloody awful. The atmosphere is so thick, I was drowning in it right alongside the characters. The tension throughout the novel was so taut, I often had to put the book down because it felt like too much. This book is an utterly uncomfortable and very unpleasant experience, which means that the book achieved exactly what it set out to do. I would class ...more
Yvonne (bookishpanda)

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. I can't even tell how betrayed I feel right now ... definitely a waste of time. I expected this to be a creepy, kinda scary read with a great plot and good characters ... that's definitely not what I got. I don't even know how people can shelf this as "horror" because honestly? There was NOTHING horror-like here, instead I was bored to death and couldn't wait to finish this as soon as possible.

Not everything was bad, okay. The first few chapters were actually quite promi
Becky
Dec 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
I admit, I was sucked in by this book's creepy cover. Combining that with a well-trod but still promising premise, I had high hopes for this book. Sadly, it doesn't deliver.

It should be mentioned that I read this book in the dark, huddled up to my sleeping hubby. So I was fully ready for this book to scare the crap out of me. And for the first few chapters, the tension is killer. We find ourselves in Silent Hill territory, complete with a deserted town in the middle of nowhere.

Once it becomes cl
Jessica
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was creepy! I made the mistake of starting this book whilst alone in a very silent room. Ten minutes into it and I had to stop reading. I picked it back up today and omg I had to keep reading. The book itself is well written and the characters are brilliant. The main character Dee is tormented by an abusive past and the town leader Elijah...let's just say that man is a twisted SOB. The teens just want to escape the town but two plot twists later and I was in utter disbelief! I woul ...more
K.R. Conway
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Elijah Hawkins needs to die. Slowly. Painfully. Tortured until his pleads for mercy only serve to fuel my inner demon. Needless to say, I am not a fan of the man, which is why he was so perfectly written.

When I started reading CREED by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie, I was expecting to hide under the covers – that it would be totally terrifying, but I didn’t find it scary. Instead I found it ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, RAGE-INDUCING! I burned through the novel in a matter of hours on a Sunday afte
Kristi
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: flux, horror, arc, netgalley
I absolutely love a good horror story and as we all know, horror stories don’t always have to have things that go bump in the night. Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsey Currie delivers an ultimate horror story that used good old fashioned flesh and bone humans to scare the crap out of me.

Three teens set off to a concert when their car breaks down near Purity Springs, New York. What they find is an abandoned town with sirens going off. Hmmm …. Strange? Oh yes, this is just the beginning of the nig
Christy
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm sure that if you've followed me for a while then you probably know that I'm a sucker for horror books. There's just something about the icky, creepy and gory that calls to me. Yes, I'm a freak. Anyway, when I saw Creed, I KNEW that I had to read it ASAP and I was lucky enough to get approved on Netgalley so once I downloaded it I immediately dove right in and Creed didn't disappoint.

Dee has her anniversary with her boyfriend Luke all planned out; she even enlisted Luke’s brother, Mike, in t
Sarah Louise
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was not even remotely frightening, at least for me, but it was definitely disturbing. After running out of gas in their car, three teenagers find themselves at Purity Springs (HA! I now understand the significance of the town name), an eerie little town that appears to be abandoned. With freezing cold temperatures, and hazardous, winter conditions, the three teens decide to take shelter in one of the homes. But, of course, their stupid curiosity convinces them to investigate this myste ...more
Carmel
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves, top-shelf
I'M OUT OF WORDS! YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!
This definitely goes to my best-of-the-best shelf. Everything was perfect -- the writing, the story, the pacing. DARK, GORY, TWISTED! THE BEST!!!

One thing I liked about Creed is that it's NOT afraid to shed some blood. I could totally imagine bloody scenes with maiming and dismembering involved. Usually YA books would sugarcoat and wrap things in a nice bow, but this one was different. The whole experience stays with you. I read the book in one sitting an
Lauren
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just read an advanced copy of CREED, and MAN....I don't think I'll ever sleep again! Creepy small towns, terrifying secrets locked away behind closed doors, religious cults with charismatic leaders...CREED has it all! Definitely pick this book up if you want to feel creeped out for days.
Joana
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, netgalley
I'm utterly revolted with this book!! I cannot put into words how frustrating and messed up that ending was! Okay not just the ending. The whole book.

It's had never happened to me in the book. In "horror" movies sure, they always end this way. I've learned a long time a go to not expect a happy ending when it comes to these kinds of movies but reading a book that ends like this... Goddammit! It's so revolting!!

This was all very twisted. I really enjoyed most of the book. There was a part, w
Mary Waibel
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Leaver and Currie do an excellent job of creating tension in this thrilling read.

You'll root for the characters as they face dangers and trials, dark and deadly. You'll cry, and in the end, you'll long for more.

If you love thrillers and horror, you will love this book!
Jaye
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this down. One seriously messed up bad guy. Engrossing, page turning, and freaky. You will never want to drive through rural NY state ever again. An intense, awesome read for fear fiction fans.
Tonya Kuper
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Be ready for a killer read! I was a lucky beta-reader for this novel. This is a fast-paced, un-put-downable book that is seriously creeptastic. The characters and setting are so well-drawn, you'll forever question small towns and car trips.
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)
This was so good during the first half. It is the ending that makes me feel so cheated. Review to come...
Wendy
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Psycho town. Psycho people. Cult! Not a religion. Very interesting story. Really held my attention.
Shane
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Creed was many things, but I wouldn't call it horror. Suspenseful is the word for the opening chapters, while the rest played on the psychologically messed up. I didn't read the summary prior to going into the story because I didn't want any expectations only an open mind. And I must say I felt intrigued from start. Three teens on a road trip end up stranded and this weird town comes into view. The blaring alarm and emptiness stirred up my curiosity and I started to feel like I was reading a Ste ...more
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
Well. I can't say that I liked this book, because that would imply that I didn't want to run screaming from it. And let me assure you, I did want to run. Because holy crap, this book was messed up. Obviously, there is a reason I am saving this review for Halloween, because this is the perfect Halloween book.

When Dee, Luke, and Mike got stranded and end up in Purity Springs, honestly I wanted to yell and scream at them. Seriously guys, take a long walk, a jog, camp in the damn woods, but do not s
L.G.
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 STARS

I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC of CREED through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. CREED originally sparked my interest when it appeared on the Pub Hub blog a while back.

The first three lines of the book blurb for this Young Adult Horror novel are what captured my attention: “Three went in. Three came out. Not even a shadow of who they once were.” Well-written and fast-paced, we find out the consequences of what three teenagers forgetting to fill up their gas
Teri
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
I tried to remember the last time a book frustrated me this much - and I got nothing. So many things about this book bothered me.

First, the idea is great and, after the cover, the book description immediately caught my attention. Three teenagers stranded, abandoned town, half eaten dinners still on the table, cars left at the gas station - a high creep factor right away. This was the perfect eerie setting to drop the characters into. I had high hopes for this book.

Soon after that, I realized the
Megan  (YABookers)
I received this free from the publishers via NetGalley

Dee, Luke and Mike are on there way to a concert, but on the way a winter storm and a broken down car forces the three into a town called Purity Springs. The town is deserted and isn't what it seems. The next morning the towns inhabitants appear and Dee, Luke and Mike are chased and captured. The towns charismatic leader has them trapped and he intends to make Dee his new wife.

I went into Creed really exited because I wanted something creepy
Melissa Chung
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I want to thank NetGalley and Flux publishing for giving me the opportunity to read and review this ARC.

This book scared the crap out of me. I am not usually squeamish, but when it comes to actual people doing evil deeds that pretty much makes me shake in my boots.

Dee and her boyfriend Luke, along with his younger brother Mike are on a weekend getaway. While trying to get to their destination, the car runs out of gas and the trio have to hike to the nearest town for help. This town just so happe
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
This book was written by two authors I've never heard of. I jumped into this book expecting to be terrified. Instead what I got was a gripping read that had me sitting all afternoon glued to the story.

Three people go in. Three people come out. Dee, her boyfriend Luke and his brother Mike find themselves stranded in Purity Springs. What happens while they are there will have you sitting at the edge of your seat. They unfortunately meet Elijah who is a real sicko. He stands up for what he believe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Of Scars and Stardust
  • Wordless (Words Made Flesh, #1)
  • A Murder of Magpies
  • Feral
  • MARY: The Summoning (Bloody Mary, #1)
  • The Waking Dark
  • Amity
  • Welcome to the Dark House (Dark House, #1)
  • Sweet Unrest (Sweet Unrest #1)
  • The Demonists (Demonist, #1)
  • The Gateway Through Which They Came
  • Evidence of Things Not Seen
  • Dreambender
  • Falls the Shadow (Falls the Shadow #1)
  • Wild
  • The Zodiac Collector
  • Dark Metropolis (Dark Metropolis, #1)
Trisha Leaver lives on Cape Cod with her husband, three children, and one rather disobedient black lab. She is a chronic daydreamer who prefers the cozy confines of her own imagination to the mundane routine of everyday life. She writes Young Adult Contemporary Fiction, Psychological Horror and Science Fiction and is published with FSG/ Macmillan, Flux/Llewellyn and Merit Press. To find out more a ...more