Start by marking “Tinseltown Riff” as Want to Read:
Tinseltown Riff

Tinseltown Riff

Tinseltown Riff centers on Ben Prine, a thirty-something hack screenwriter who, on a Labor Day weekend, finds himself in desperate straits. Latching on to a dubious last-minute opportunity, he unwittingly embarks on a collision course with a Montana tracker connected with a Vegas mob; an odyssey which culminates in a fateful showdown on an abandoned Western movie set.
Published March 23rd 2013 by Sunbury Press Inc (first published September 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Tinseltown Riff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tinseltown Riff

Jessica
Nov 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-review
I just love the cover for Shelly Frome’s TINSELTOWN RIFF! It’s a perfect fit for a book set in Hollywood and about a screenwriter trying to catch a break.

The writing is solid and narration is in third person. At times, TINSELTOWN RIFF does read more like a screenplay rather than a novel and it can frustrate a reader because a scene will cut to a different set of characters and you’re left wondering where it is all going. Though, I will admit Frome has a talent to write as if you’re seeing a movi
 Gigi Ann
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Tinseltown Riff centers on Ben Prine, a thirty-something Hollywood screenwriter who, on a Labor Day weekend, finds himself in desperate straits. Latching on to a dubious last-minute opportunity, he unwittingly embarks on a collision course with a Montana tracker connected with a Vegas mob; an odyssey which culminates in a showdown on an abandoned Western movie set.

“Tinseltown Riff" by Shelly Frome, took me on a trip through the movie industry, at least I think it was the movie industry! I had tr
Shoshanah
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
In Hollywood people will do whatever it takes to finally make it. From Ben, the screenwriter living at his Aunt's house who is out of time, to Angelique the gorgeous blonde who wants to revamp her image to get people to start taking her seriously, to a full cast of other quirky characters.

At least I think that's what this book is about, because I didn't quite get it. There is so much that happens in this book, so many characters, and a lot of mystery, that left me more confused than anything els
Teddy
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Ben Prine has been living with his aunt for awhile now and she wants him out. She is selling her house and wants to get on with her life. He needs to find a place fast but he has no money and no job prospects. However a screenwriting job lands in his lap all of a sudden but it is a rush job and so steeped in secrets, he doesn't even know what he is suppose to be writing about. It soon becomes apparent to the reader that this job is not what it seems. It just takes Ben longer to discover this.
I'v
Kathy
Sep 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I will be honest it took me a really long time to get into this book and it almost made the didn’t finish pile, but hating to give up on a book I persevered and it did get better.
I enjoyed the writing style although at the beginning I really had no idea what the heck was going on as there were too many characters introduced at one time, and I had no idea how they all tied in together and where it was all going, which left me a little frustrated hence my having a hard time getting into the book.
Lisa
Nov 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-reviews
* received this free in exchange for an honest review.

This book is filled with a quirky cast of characters with a screwball plot. But underneath it has a compelling message. A fun read.
Rebecca Camarena
Sep 30, 2014
Jo-Anne Vandermeulen
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Capture Real Energy Reading This Fast Moving and Intriguing Book!
Mouj Ali
Nov 15, 2018
Robin Leslie Coxon
Jan 22, 2019
Shelly Frome
Jul 28, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Professor Emeritus of Dramatic Arts at the University of Connecticut