Start by marking “Centaur (Sterling Suspense #1)” as Want to Read:
Centaur (Sterling Suspense #1)

Centaur

(Sterling Suspense #1)

CENTAUR: The first volume of the Sterling Suspense series delves briefly into the dark world of sex slavery and obsession, only to emerge into the light via the age-old struggle of good versus evil.

Though her cognitive abilities have been compromised by a rare illness, beautiful Meghan Dacey—who knows her name only as “Number twenty-three”—is able to escape from The Halfwa
Paperback, First, 268 pages
Published March 27th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Centaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Centaur

Start your review of Centaur (Sterling Suspense #1)
Kimberly
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Evidence I loved this book-I read it in one sitting because I could not put it down. Okay, I did have to take a couple of short breaks to eat and feed the cats because they can be very demanding but otherwise I could not stop reading it. This is the first book in the Sterling Suspense series. The second book, Willow’s Baby, is also excellent. I recommend reading the books in order since Centaur is Meghan’s story and it introduces most of the major characters in the series. This is a great book/s ...more
Brian Southworth
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
As a fan of mystery/suspense novels i was intrigued when i stumbled across Centaur.I said to myself "eh not sure bout this one..but I'll give it a shot." I am truly glad i did.
Meghan Dacey who only knows herself by "nummer twenny three," escapes certain death from The Halfway Home.A care home for the intellectually disabled that is actually a front for a sex slavery ring.While she is able to escape, she is protected by the FBI and Dr.Jeffrey Sterling.Meghan is far from safe from the Centaur..wh
Julie
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading suspense and action novels and this one did not disappoint. It was well written and the plot came together nicely. The book was not bogged down in detail...just enough to orient me during each part. While one must always suspend belief when reading suspense novels, this one at times required a bit more than usual. Still, well worth reading. *I received this book for free though Goodreads First Reads.
Gentle
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
I won a copy of Centaur from Goodreads. I have never read anything by H.E. Fairbanks, so I didn't know what to expect. Centaur was an engaging book that angered me, delighted me, and made me laugh. The author did a great job making you care for the main characters. This book took me about 3 days on my train commute to finish and kept me entertained the entire time. The plot twists and turns really made me think. A nice whodunit novel.
Kim
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Received this book through Goodreads Firstreads. I was pleasantly surprised with this book! It was well-written, and packed with edge-of-your-seat action from start to finish! It was difficult for me to put the book down every night, but I had to sleep at some point...

Great plot twists, and the author really lets you get to know the characters. Had tears in my eyes at one point, was enraged several times, and laughed out loud on multiple occasions!
Anthony Karakai
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of reading CENTAUR and knew before I started that it was going to be thrilling and captivating. The cover is artistic and unique, and the story very suspenseful. Fairbanks is a very gifted storyteller and has mastered the art of writing. I look forward to reading more of her work soon.
Alicia Stidam
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book from the First Reads giveaway. I was very pleased with the plot and how the story unfolded. Very gruesome scenes that kept me turning those pages. Thank you h.e. Fairbanks; I look forward to the sequel novel!
Elaine
Oct 04, 2013 added it
Excellent book. First time reading a book by this author, already bought the next sequel. Started reading it and could not put it down til I was finished!
Geri
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A page turner! Lots of tense and dangerous situations but also humor and friendship throughout.
Angie
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. I had every feeling coming out of me while reading this book. loved it
Cindy
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Full of suspense and I never wanted to put the book down.
April Pastis
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to April by: Steve Pastis
I confess, I abandoned this genre years ago finding it too formulaic to waste any more of my precious time. So, when I finished reading Centaur by HE Fairbanks, I simply had to write a review. This book is the best contemporary book I've read in years! Fairbanks has renewed my faith in the craft of storytelling with this brilliant, unexpected, novel. Admit it, haven't you grown tired of the formula followed by the best selling suspense authors? Here's the gist: 1. some event that introduces a my ...more
Kathleen Dooley
Dec 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Two words. DO NOT. This is the worst piece of crap that I have read in years. I know this to be true as I cannot even finish it and trust me, I finish EVERY book I start. The dialog, the plot all should have ended up under 50 other manuscripts on someones desk, not in my Kindle.
Jasmyn
Jun 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads, thriller
Did not finish. The story and characters were just a little too out there for my taste. I couldn't get into the story line and the characters were far from what I had hoped to find.
Fredrickson Jolene
Sep 18, 2013
Maximus Cook
Jul 16, 2013
Selena Librriz
Jul 29, 2013
Darline Montgomery
H.E. Fairbanks
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Iva
Dec 06, 2013
Kristen
Aug 06, 2013
H.E. Fairbanks
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cindy Abeyta
Michael Shea
Violet
Frank Martorana
May 02, 2013
A former medical editor, writer/illustrator H. E. Fairbanks is the author of the Sterling Suspense series of novels. She resides in Southern Colorado and is a member of Pikes Peak Writers.

Ms. Fairbanks has been writing and editing for twenty-five years. She has written fiction and nonfiction, columns, short stories, commentaries and poetry, as well as a comic strip.

As a professional artist, she

Sterling Suspense (2 books)
  • Willow's Baby  (Sterling Suspense #2)

News & Interviews