Start by marking “The Color Keepers” as Want to Read:
The Color Keepers

The Color Keepers

Hoping to have a good change and good ending to go with it, Emily, a 16- year-old girl from Ohio, has moved to sunny California.

Moving to a new town can be scary, especially a new school. So when Sam, the most popular kid there, looks her way, she can’t believe this is happening to her.

Everything seems to be working out fine. That is, until her mother buys an enchanted mir
Published May 1st 2013 (first published April 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Color Keepers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Color Keepers

Jane
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

When Emily moved to California she was not very happy, quite a down in the mouth girl anyway who felt she was treated less fairly than her babied younger brother, she seldom saw the bright side to anything. One day she came home to find her mum had bought her a gift and left it in her room. It was an antique mirror that turned out to be enchanted and the portal into another, magical, world. Enticed by a lonely looking girl who turns out to be the Evil Crow Queen Emily unwittingly frees he
Lisa
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I saw this eBook free on Amazon whilst looking at other books. It was the title that caught my eye, "The Color Keepers" I'm so glad that I did get a copy of this.

Never ever heard of this author before, but that is because its her first book, I think anyway, as I didn't see anymore of her titles.

This book caught my attention straight away, and I had no trouble getting into it, which I usually do. Its basically about a girl whose parents divorce and she moves to a new town, new school etc and is f
Christina M Condy
This is a wonderful tale for the younger age group. I would recommend this to children who are into the chapter books, so ages 9 and up.

The story itself was one full of adventure. I loved how the relationship between Sam and Emily developed and I loved the sibling relationship between Sam and James. This book had some serious moments of levity in the form of young James. Talk about a precocious young man. The growth of the characters during the story was wonderful.

The "bad guy" in this book is
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Favorite line “That's my downfall. As evil as I am, I still have good in me”

Emily's mother buys her a mirror and it's actually a portal to another world!
She gets sucked in and told be a mouse named Pip that she needs to save both worlds. She is allowed to choose 2 people to help her. She chooses her bratty little brother James and her best friend Sam (who she also loves) to help her.
This once beautiful world has turned bare and ugly and if Emily gets the keys the it would be a beautiful world ag
ReadingToTheStarsAndBack
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read full review at: ReadingToTheStarsAndBack

First off I just want to say that I hate really dislike books when the main character introduces themselves. “Hello, I’m Charlie. I’m sixteen. I live in England.” It’s more like a Twitter bio, NOT how you would introduce yourself in real life. It’s a whole info-dump of stuff that we, the reader, don’t really want to know about in the first paragraph of the book.

It’s a personal thing. Moving on.

The Color Keepers is a very original book, full of fantasy
Dianne
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Catriona Crehan has a fun and fantastical imagination! Tossing in some sibling rivalry, honest to goodness 'tween' dialogue and some young romance, The Color Keepers is a journey through a fantasy world that is perfect for younger readers, but still a whimsical escape for all readers! Emily, her pesky brother James and her crush Sam go on an adventure full of color and wonder as they are tasked with a mission that takes them into a realm with an evil Crow Queen and colorful sisters who each hold ...more
Merve Özcan
Jul 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Vaktimi boşa harcadığım kitaplardan biriydi.
Bir aynaya hapsolmuş Karga kraliçeyi yanlışlıkla serbest bırakan Emily, 4 renk koruyucusunun sınavını geçip onlardan anahtarları alıp kötü kraliçenin içindeki iyiliği serbest bırakmak zorundadır.

Kötü kraliçe bile kötülüğünden emin değil bu arada. Sürekli iyi olmak güzeldi, kötülük zor tarzı şeyler söyleyip duruyordu.
Özellikle Sam(esas oğlan) ile ilişkileri öyle bayat bir seviyede ilerledi ki bende kafamı duvarlar
Mindy R.
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was really good. I'm not a professional reviewer, but I enjoy reading, and books are a passion of mine. I can tell from chapter one whether or not I'm going to like something and this was it.
I loved it and it grabbed me and took me for a ride. I definitely recommend this book to anyone under 21 who's looking for a good YA read,
(secretly it's good for anyone who's young at heart).

Overall, a fantastic book with amazing imagery and great plot line with characters you felt like
Pam
Jan 24, 2015
Monica Gomez
Oct 01, 2013
Catriona Crehan
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sarah Oxford