Start by marking “Retribution (Will Parker, #1)” as Want to Read:
Retribution (Will Parker, #1)

Retribution

(Will Parker #1)

The remote and impenetrable Pakistani mountains have offered refuge to the worst enemies of civilization since the time of Alexander. Now, the world faces a new challenge. Reared from birth to harbor a seething hatred, a lone man is about to unleash a firestorm that will rage for centuries. And the window of opportunity to stop him is shutting much faster than Washington D ...more
Published February 25th 2014 by Pinnacle (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Retribution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Retribution

Nathan
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
William Parker is a semi-retired marine and top level CIA lethal operative. He knows almost nothing about his parents except that they were killed in a terrorist attack on Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie. Yousef-al-Quadi is a young ambitious Arabian terrorist that thinks of himself as a greater Osama-bin-Laden who wants to see the west fall and to establish a new Islamic Nation in the Saudi Arabian Peninsula. He was sent to the U.S when he was young to receive education but all he returned with ...more
Angela Austin
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another thriller from the special ops writers. Enjoyed this so much I got the next two books.
Kathy Martin
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
RETRIBUTION reminded me a lot of Tom Clancy at his best. With short chapters told from multiple viewpoints and the fast pace, thriller fans will be swept up in this exciting story. The hero of the story is William Parker - former Marine, former deep-cover agent, language savant. Parker lost his parents when Flight 103 was brought down over Lockerbie. When he gets a chance to go up against a terrorist who was part of that and who is now planning a new jihad, he instantly agrees.

They come up with
Andrea
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished reading an uncorrected, pre-release, galley of Anderson Harp's "Retribution" and I'm happy to say it kept it's excitement consistent and my interest intact from the first chapter to the last. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to Harp's next novel.

With the losses, in 2013, of military espionage thriller authors Tom Clancy and Vince Flynn, I'm happy to know that previously unknown great story spinners are writing for our pleasure!

Fran
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Retribution: Anderson Harp

One man’s family is obliterated on a flight that would take more than just their lives. Terrorists often feel that they win when they blow up a plane. All too often the other side looks to retaliate and the war is waged and the final body count rises. A lone pilot flying over the Atlantic loses control of the plane and dies for her cause. A huge white ship came out of nowhere. The “rust of the ship and its dark ore cargo had been camouflaged by snow and ice, making the
Diana H.
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
I first read Anderson Harp's books after meeting him at the Romantic Times Magazine book convention. His writing is fast-paced, lively, and the plot is always spot on.
If you haven't picked up an Anderson Harp thriller, you don't know what you are missing.
Highly recommend this author.
Marlene
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

If you’re looking for a way to get your Tom Clancy fix, Retribution is a great place to start!

I read the early Tom Clancy books, and loved the fast pace of the adventure, as well as the neverending skullduggery involved in the politics, but the later books felt a bit bogged down to me.

The action in Retribution never lets up.

Although the story focuses on ex-Marine William Parker, the point of view switches between Parker, the man he is hunting, and the polit
Christian
Feb 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: i-own
Tyler Fisher
Feb 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Plot was interesting, but there were too many settings and characters to make sense of it all. The writing was awful and choppy throughout.

Much better writing is available for thriller seekers. See the Vince Flynn or Jack Reacher series.
Author Groupie
Alpha males anyone? If this question interests you in the slightest, then Anderson Harp's Retribution is the novel for you. Protagonist Will Parker, a retired district attorney, takes the occasional deep undercover mission to relieve himself of his predictable life far in the woods and to fuel his adrenaline addiction. This particular secret operation finds Parker fighting for his life in the mountainous border of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

If a fan of visual imagery in writing, look no further:

A
Carol
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Retribution is full of the what ifs so relevant to today‘s
world…The story consists of season military trained
personnel, terrorists, geography, history, military tactics,
espionage, biological warfare, nuclear weapons, traumatic
brain injury and new technology. The plot is an action
packed, fast paced, spy thriller containing many twists
and turns as the planned out mission unfolds.
The characters are well described as the plot unfold so
you are able to understand their role within the story.
The
My Book Addiction and More MBA
RETRIBUTION by Anderson Harp is an action- thrilled Suspenseful military/Political thriller. Oh my what a thriller!

"A shattering debut thriller in which an unstoppable force of destruction is about to strike at the heart of America".

This is just the beginning of this fast paced, action packed, scary thriller! Mr. Harp has written an impressive story of intrigue and disaster of catastrophic proportions. What if???

Filled with suspense, intrigue, military expertise, terrorists, and shocking relevan
slippy
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won Retribution from Good Reads and this book was one that was hard to follow. I couldn't figure out when Anderson was going from scene to scene what was going on in the story. However, I did finally catch on and realized that he was developing characters while he went from chapter to chapter.

It was definitely an exciting story as there were many twists and turns throughout the book.The opening of the book starts off with establishing the basis for the story. A terrorist attack taking place a
Valeria
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through the goodreads giveaway program.

If you’re interested in fast-pace action, non-stop intrigue and realistic military missions – then look no further than Anderson Harp’s new novel, Retribution. From a new voice specializing in military espionage thrillers – this novel is sure to excite and captivate readers. Giving further authentication to the novel is the fact that the author served 30 years in the military, he hasn’t just researched the material
Vicki Elia
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Audiobook Review
4 1/2 Stars

Will Parker, a U.S. operative, is inserted into an Islamic terror group with the sole purpose of elimination of the radical leader Yousef al-Qadi, who is intent on unleashing nuclear weapons against the U.S. and other enemies. al-Qadi envisions himself as Osama bin Laden 2.0, driven to create a new Muslim state that through terror seizes not just geography but power. With a terrifying method of biologic elimination, Parker is faced with insurmountable odds to not only
Paul
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book had the potential to be a very good. It became very confusing referring to and flashing back into a mission in Korea. Also conversation was confusing by who was saying it was asking what questions and who answering the questions. Also the characters were confusing and their history with other characters. I was very disappointed. It seem like the author was trying to hard to make a great book.
Julia
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for Anderson Harp's next book !! This was another great win in a Goodreads giveaway and has introduced me to another very talented author. Not only has the author served our country as a Marine he is working to make life better for our troops with the USO. The story is authentic and easy to follow while being exciting. Hard to put down. Anderson Harp, thank you for a great novel and especially thank you for your service to our country. Waiting for another book from you.
Glen
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: espionage
A book that takes a while to get going is pretty good once it gets some momentum.

An American agent takes on a suicide mission to eliminate a terrorist leader in the mountains of Pakistan. As usual in these missions, things don't go smoothly. Lots of tension generated.

Seems like it might be the first in a series. We can only hope.
Marti
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it
If you like war stories and war movies, this is the book for you. There is lots of action, mostly with terrorists. Civilians get injured and killed. Will Parker is in Afghanistan along with his fellow troops, fighting to keep our homeland safe. Several pages were ripped out in the front of the book, so I can't tell when it was published.
Marian
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thriller author Andy Harp has a new fan. I already brought the next book in the series. This book scared me, then took me more deeply into the mad minds of fanatics and warmongers than I ever wanted to go. But I'm glad for the journey and the insight.
Diogenes
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A medley of Cussler, Clancy and Ludlum in a terrorist/jihadist yarn with credidable military background. 3.75 stars
Nick Vantangoli
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Average book. I had hoped for a more Clancy type story...but it just didn't happen.
Bea  Charmed
I think my BIL might like this; must share with him when I'm able.
Teresa Jessie
Started slow to me, but finished with a bang.
Virginia Walters
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read.

I liked the story but just a little too much military action for me. But it did have a good ending.
Brian Eugene
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read

This book kept my attention and kept me reading right to the end. I'm looking forward to the Next book in this series.
Paul
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anderson-harp
Thoroughly enjoyed!
Denise
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded to 4 because of how realistic the plot is. Full review to come on my blog.
Rach
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
sorry couldn't get into this
Diane Dean
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Targets of Revenge (Jordan Sandor #3)
  • Heart of Ice (Louis Kincaid, #11)
  • Fog City Strangler
  • The Hanging Tree
  • Fatal Greed (Greed, #1)
  • Jaspar's War
  • The Trust (Grove O'Rourke #2)
  • Chasing the Wind
  • Masks of the Lost Kings
  • Baby Bumps: The Almost, Barely, Not-Quite-True Story of Pregnancy, Bed Rest and One Batshit Crazy Family
  • The Maverick of Copper Creek (Copper Creek Cowboys, #1)
  • Wild Horses (The Montana Hamiltons, #1)
  • Profile of Fear (Profile, #4)
  • The Wickedest Lord Alive (The Westruthers, #3)
  • The Gilded Cage (Surrender, #2)
  • Hunt the Scorpion (SEAL Team Six, #2)
  • Web of Deceit (Agents Under Fire #1)
  • Luthecker
Anderson Harp is the author of international thrillers that have been compared to “Tom Clancy at his finest!” (New York Times bestselling author James Rollins).

His military experience informs his fiction, earning him high praise (“authentic … exciting … timely … believable” (New York Times bestselling author David Morrell, creator of John Rambo).

Anderson’s “breakneck pacing” and suspense satisfy “

Will Parker (2 books)
  • Born of War (Will Parker, #2)