Start by marking “Yes, and...: Daily Meditations” as Want to Read:
Yes, and...: Daily Meditations

Yes, and...: Daily Meditations

This perennial book features 366 meditations, each written by Rohr and adapted or excerpted from his many written and recorded works. The meditations are arranged around seven themes:
1. Methodology: Scripture as validated by experience, and experience as validated by tradition, are good scales for one’s spiritual worldview
2. Foundation: If God is Trinity and Jesus is the f
Published August 20th 2013 by Franciscan Media (first published January 1st 2013)

Barbara Baker
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book to introduce yourself to the wisdom found in Richard Rohr's books. Daily reflection and thoughtful action allow reader to contemplate wisdom found in Scripture, Franciscan spirituality and the world of doing good for the world. Be challenged this Franciscan's words each day of the year!
Thomas (Tom) Baynham
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
I began my journey with "Yes, And"on Wednesday January 13,2016, in a state of transition and discernment while ministering in an unhealthy community. There were many days when I didn't feel like reading, yet when I did I found myself rejuvenated by God's voice through Rohr. The following are the thoughts from my first day..."With this access point, God becomes more a verb than a noun, more a process than a conclusion, more an experience than a dogma, more a personal relationship than an idea. Th ...more
Naum
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A collection of Richard Rohr "devotionals". In one sense, seemed silly to purchase a hardcopy book when I have a gmail folder full of daily devotionals from Richard Rohr CAC that cover the 7 themes here. But it's nice to have them bundled under each of the themes -- and reading, studying, poring over, meditating on these will stretch your spiritual walk and maturation in your Jesus followership, Kingdom living, or for aspiring disciple of any religious persuasion.
Ed Wojniak
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Love this book and this author! Great segue into a new, fresh view of Christianity and spiritual experience! His openness is contagious and invigorating. I suggest you consider reading this book if you're interested in having a reboot of your walk with Christ.
Cathy
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book will never be finished. It is, right now, part of my daily reading - opening it at random to find what I am given for the day. Some day I may put it on a shelf, but I will, I think, again and again pick it up and ask it to lead me closer to that which I hold divine.
Spyros
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very erudite, very catholic and very open minded. A lovely book that also has an added non spiritual bonus in the deeply felt and understood language it bears fruit to. And like the bible a book to return to.
Denise Mainquist
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best. Ever. I wanted to read it like a novel instead of one day at a time.
Matt Kenson
This is a book of daily meditations, and so is available to pick up for inspiration at any time. Rohr continues to guide me like a spiritual north star.
Ellen L. King
  • The Artist's Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom
  • Just Love: A Framework for Christian Sexual Ethics
  • Grace Notes: Daily Readings with a Fellow Pilgrim
  • The Naked Anabaptist: The Bare Essentials of a Radical Faith
  • Five Smooth Stones for Pastoral Work (The Pastoral series, #1)
  • The Good and Beautiful Community: Following the Spirit, Extending Grace, Demonstrating Love
  • Out of Solitude: Three Meditations on the Christian Life
  • Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership: Seeking God in the Crucible of Ministry
  • Paul and the Faithfulness of God (Christian Origins and the Question of God, #4)
  • The Sacred Journey: A Memoir of Early Days
  • Saint: Why I Should Be Canonized Right Away
  • Take a Nap! Change Your Life.
  • The Sticky Faith Guide for Your Family: Over 100 Practical and Tested Ideas to Build Lasting Faith in Kids
  • The Philosophy of Hebrew Scripture: An Introduction
Fr. Richard Rohr is a globally recognized ecumenical teacher bearing witness to the universal awakening within Christian mysticism and the Perennial Tradition. He is a Franciscan priest of the New Mexico Province and founder of the Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Fr. Richard's teaching is grounded in the Franciscan alternative orthodoxy—practices of contemplat ...more
“Good powerlessness (because there is also a bad powerlessness) allows you to “fall into the hands of the living God” (Hebrews 10:31). You stop holding yourself up, so you can be held. There, wonderfully, you are not in control and only God needs to be right. That is always the very special space of any positive powerlessness and vulnerability, but it is admittedly rare.

Faith can only happen in this very special threshold space. You don’t really do faith, it happens to you when you give up control and all the steering of your ship. Frankly, we often do it when we have no other choice. Faith hardly ever happens when we rush to judgment or seek too-quick resolution of anything. Thus you see why faith will invariably be a minority and suspect position. And you also see why the saints always said that faith is a gift. You fall into it more than ever fully choosing it, and only then do you know how grace, love, and God can sustain you and strengthen you at very deep levels.”
5 likes
“At times we have to step into God’s silence and patiently wait. We have to put out the fleece as Gideon did (Judges 6:37-40), and wait for the descent of the divine dew, or some kind of confirmation from God that we are on the right course. That is a good way to keep our own ego drive out of the way.

Yet there are other times when we need to go ahead and act on our own best intuitions and presume that God is guiding us and will guide us. But even then we must finally wait for the divine backup. Sometimes that is even the greater act of faith and courage, and takes even more patience. What if the divine dew does not fall? What do we do then?

When either waiting or moving forward is done out of a spirit of union and surrender, we can trust that God will make good out of it—even if we are mistaken! It is not about being correct, it is about being connected.”
2 likes