Start by marking “Yes, and...: Daily Meditations” as Want to Read:
Yes, and...: Daily Meditations

Yes, and...: Daily Meditations

This perennial book features 366 meditations, each written by Rohr and adapted or excerpted from his many written and recorded works. The meditations are arranged around seven themes:
1. Methodology: Scripture as validated by experience, and experience as validated by tradition, are good scales for one’s spiritual worldview
2. Foundation: If God is Trinity and Jesus is the f
Published August 20th 2013 by Franciscan Media (first published January 1st 2013)

Start your review of Yes, and...: Daily Meditations
Jay Anderson
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has been my daily devotional since the beginning of the year, which I began with a time of renewal. It SHOULD have lasted through the entire year, except there were many days that I just wanted more, that I needed more, so I just kept going. As I neared the conclusion of the book I began to think about what would, or should, be next. I had a couple of ideas, but as I turned the page on the final entry today and closed the cover, something spoke to me and said, in a line taken straight from ...more
Emilie
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I ended up reading more than one a day. These are great, especially for morning meditations.
Barbara Baker
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book to introduce yourself to the wisdom found in Richard Rohr's books. Daily reflection and thoughtful action allow reader to contemplate wisdom found in Scripture, Franciscan spirituality and the world of doing good for the world. Be challenged this Franciscan's words each day of the year!
db
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spiritual reading to help make sense of our society and rise above.
Susan Ragsdale
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful exploration of faith that inspires and challenges. Daily, I felt the possibilities of expansion and transformation. Grateful for this book and Richard Rohr’s insights.
Maryellen Mckee
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Makes you truly think about how you see yourself as a sincere believer
Thomas (Tom) Baynham
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
I began my journey with "Yes, And"on Wednesday January 13,2016, in a state of transition and discernment while ministering in an unhealthy community. There were many days when I didn't feel like reading, yet when I did I found myself rejuvenated by God's voice through Rohr. The following are the thoughts from my first day..."With this access point, God becomes more a verb than a noun, more a process than a conclusion, more an experience than a dogma, more a personal relationship than an idea. Th ...more
Naum
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A collection of Richard Rohr "devotionals". In one sense, seemed silly to purchase a hardcopy book when I have a gmail folder full of daily devotionals from Richard Rohr CAC that cover the 7 themes here. But it's nice to have them bundled under each of the themes -- and reading, studying, poring over, meditating on these will stretch your spiritual walk and maturation in your Jesus followership, Kingdom living, or for aspiring disciple of any religious persuasion.
Ed Wojniak
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Love this book and this author! Great segue into a new, fresh view of Christianity and spiritual experience! His openness is contagious and invigorating. I suggest you consider reading this book if you're interested in having a reboot of your walk with Christ.
Cathy
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book will never be finished. It is, right now, part of my daily reading - opening it at random to find what I am given for the day. Some day I may put it on a shelf, but I will, I think, again and again pick it up and ask it to lead me closer to that which I hold divine.
Spyros
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very erudite, very catholic and very open minded. A lovely book that also has an added non spiritual bonus in the deeply felt and understood language it bears fruit to. And like the bible a book to return to.
Denise
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best. Ever. I wanted to read it like a novel instead of one day at a time.
Matt Kenson
This is a book of daily meditations, and so is available to pick up for inspiration at any time. Rohr continues to guide me like a spiritual north star.
Susan
David Putnam
Sep 12, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Inside Out
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
  • The Square and the Tower: Networks and Power, from the Freemasons to Facebook
  • Now Is the Way: An Unconventional Approach to Modern Mindfulness
  • Against the Grain: A Deep History of the Earliest States
  • Parenting Without Borders: Surprising Lessons Parents Around the World Can Teach Us
  • It’s Better Than It Looks: Reasons for Optimism in an Age of Fear
  • Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World's Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself
  • Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream
  • The Power of Positive Thinking
  • Working for Bigfoot (The Dresden Files, #15.5)
  • Brief Cases (The Dresden Files, #15.1)
  • The Red Garden
  • Seawitch (Greywalker, #7)
  • 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in This Strange World
  • Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence
  • The Freedom Writers Diary
Fr. Richard Rohr is a globally recognized ecumenical teacher bearing witness to the universal awakening within Christian mysticism and the Perennial Tradition. He is a Franciscan priest of the New Mexico Province and founder of the Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Fr. Richard's teaching is grounded in the Franciscan alternative orthodoxy—practices of contemplat ...more

News & Interviews

“Good powerlessness (because there is also a bad powerlessness) allows you to “fall into the hands of the living God” (Hebrews 10:31). You stop holding yourself up, so you can be held. There, wonderfully, you are not in control and only God needs to be right. That is always the very special space of any positive powerlessness and vulnerability, but it is admittedly rare.

Faith can only happen in this very special threshold space. You don’t really do faith, it happens to you when you give up control and all the steering of your ship. Frankly, we often do it when we have no other choice. Faith hardly ever happens when we rush to judgment or seek too-quick resolution of anything. Thus you see why faith will invariably be a minority and suspect position. And you also see why the saints always said that faith is a gift. You fall into it more than ever fully choosing it, and only then do you know how grace, love, and God can sustain you and strengthen you at very deep levels.”
4 likes
“You do not think yourself into a new way of living as much as you live your way into a new way of thinking.” 3 likes