Start by marking “Rebound (Tryst Island, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rebound (Tryst Island, #1)

Read Excerpt

Rebound

(Tryst Island #1)

Kristi Cross has had the hots for her friend, Cameron Jackson as long as she can remember, but she knows she’s not his type. She’s nothing like the women he dates. So when he suggests they play for a kiss over a game of Hearts, Kristi can’t resist. Even if she loses, she wins. Because she’s finally going to taste him.

Of course, one kiss can quickly become something altoget
Published March 29th 2013 by Sabrina York

To ask other readers questions about Rebound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebound

Alice
May 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
2.75 smokin' stars

Iron Man- Too hot to handle
Strap in Cam Jackson, she thought. You're in for the time of your life.
Cam has had his eye on Kristi for years, she's become something of an obsession for him. He learns that Kristi has broken up with her boyfriend, so he takes a shot...

Kristi has had a crush on Cameron for years. But he's always been unattainable, always in a relationship, and she's never been his type. Until now. Kristi seizes her chance to have a night with Cam, but only as a rebound...

This is my first boo
Ally
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 02-free
Could not stop laughing. Thanking the good Lord I did not take this serisously.

nuts

Tell me how I could ever take a book seriously when it uses the following "vernacular"" "His balls tightened into hard little nuts."? Can't? Right? It's a good thing.

Setting / Time / Genre: San Juan Islands, US, current

Series: Yes

Sexy times: Everyone is schtupping or at least wants to be.

Plan on reading more by the author: I do not know. Apparently I have another one of her books on my kindle and I "Hell No'd" one
Mandie (Naughty Book Snitch)
Heat Level: 3 out of 4 flames
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
Reviewed by Naughty Book Snitch: Mindy
See Mindy’s Blog Review Here

I'm not really sure where to start because there is so much story packed into this little 84 page book. Kristi is having a really bad day and is in need of a weekend getaway with some of her close friends... aka, "Dawgs". Cam, is one of her friends that she has secretly been crushing on for a very long time and he happens to be there this weekend. When Kristi arrives at the va
Pam
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie, 3, erotica, shortie
3 stars
”Wangdoodles and va-jay-jays.”

A weekend away is exactly what Kristi needed and what better way to spend it than with her ”Dawgs”, especially after officially ending her relationship with her prick of an ex,
”the Dawgs, as they called themselves— the eleven souls who’d lived in McCarty Hall at the University of Washington and formed a bond while screaming at the television during football season.”

Cam, is the only one Kristie has ever been secretly lusting after, but the problem is
The BookChick
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Rating: ★★★★
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 star book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
My Thoughts:
This book was hot. I will totally confess that it had me fanning my face to cool down. But, the thing that I really liked about it was, that although it was short, the story was stron
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ by: The BookChick
Fun, sexy read. I really liked the characters and the interaction between them. Looking forward for more fun at the "The Beach House"!!

Deck
Kelly
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm not going to lie, guys, I picked this up for the cover. Because that cover is sexy. The good news is that the story didn't disappoint. It's a nicely naughty (while still being very sweet) friends-to-lovers read that made me want more! And with the group of friends Kristi and Cam are surrounded with, I'd have to guess that there are plenty more stories to tell.

But enough about their friends, lets talk about the LONGING that Kristi's had for Cam FOREVER. She's wanted him since they were in col
Sheryl C. Nash
BLOODY AWESOME start to this new self published series; Tryst Island from Sabrina York!!!! Kristi and Cam were just so darn funny and sexy together!! I cannot wait to read the other stories in this series...
Nikki
Whew! This was a super hot friends-to-lovers, that just so happens to be the start of a new series which I am highly looking forward to! ;) Especially if the rest will be as panty scorching as this one!
Marta Cox
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
First in a new series from this author and such a light quick read that it's impossible not to like it. If you are searching for a steamy read then this book delivers. Naughty but nice and can I just mention that cover? Amazing cover art and definitely a reason to pick up this book for me!
Does the story deliver on the promise of the cover though? It's essentially a series about a group of friends sharing time away from their everyday world and all it's problems at a dream vacation home. This st
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Complimentary copy received through Netgally in exchange for an honest review.

*******

3.5 stars rounded up to 4.

For such a short read, I rather enjoyed this book.

"You know Kristi, I cant remember a time when we were both...single"
Her heart seized. "What?"...
"Think about it. Since the day we met, one of us was always in a relationship"

........

"I was thinking we could play for something"
"S-something?"
"A kiss maybe?"

So what happens when two friends, both single at the same time for the first time,
InD'tale Magazine
Book and coffee shop owner Kristi Cross needs a break from her hectic schedule. She heads for the vacation beach house she shares with a group of college friends on Tryst Island, just off the coast of Washington State. Upon arrival, she finds that her college crush, Cameron Jackson, is also staying for the weekend. Even better, he is recently single and seems determined to get Kristi into his bed! Kristi quickly finds that sex between them is amazing, but she wants more than just a weekend fling ...more
Gaele
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jeep-diva, reviewed
This is a short novella length introduction to the group of long-term friends that share a beach-house together in Washington State. Kristi has had a bad day: walking in on her long-term boyfriend bonking her best waitress, she’s really going to miss the waitress. In a last minute decision, she heads to the beach house that she and her friends share, to get away for the weekend.

The first person she encounters is her long term crush, Cam. Not knowing that he too, is on the rebound, the two start
Crystal
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
That. Was. Hot.

More? Ok, fine. That was really hot. :o)

I can't put my finger on it, but Rebound seemed like a new side of York's writing that we haven't had before. Rebound had all the essentials that make up a super steamy York book, but with a twist of light and fluffy romance with just a hint of kink. I loved it! Cam and Kristi had perfect chemistry with their playful banter between the two of them and with their friends. They have a couple misunderstandings that had me cracking up.

I love se
Heather andrews
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jesus Cam sure knows how to make my panties wet, and a certain part of the boy has a mind of it's own, "and his co** was rather insistent. His co** wanted to be in her. Now." And well Kristi can wound his fragile male ego and the boy has to defend it, "it wasn't a fluke. I'll have you know, I'm damn good in bed." And he's not afraid to say what's on his mind, "best effing night of my life. I'd like to top it tonight. Right now. Why don't we, I dunno, go for a walk?" He didn't fancy effing in the ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kristi Cross has lusted after Cameron "Cam" Jackson for years. The timing never seemed to be right for either of them. Kristi caught hr boyfriend of three years cheating. Now she needs a weekend away from it all. When she discovers that Cam is alone instead of out with their friends. Cam thinks that Kristi is beautiful beyond words and discovers that she's single takes a chance he never thought he'd get. Can either Kristi or Cam truly admit their feelings? Your answers await you in Rebound.
Hollie
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful contemporary that will have you smiling with the awesomeness of it all! The first in Sabrina York's Tryst Island series, it is about Kristi Cross and Cam Jackson. A couple of friends who find that they are both single at the same time. Kristi has had a long time crush on Cam..what a surprise when it seems to be returned by Cam! Great story!! Can NOT wait for the rest of this series!!
Simone
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aside from 'mister' 'buster 'missy' ... (Those nouns make me gag) ... This was fun and very sexy
Alison
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fun, spicy novella. I love when long-time crushes fall in love. This is my first book of Sabrina's but it won't be my last. Looking forward to checking out the rest of this series!
MsRomanticReads

Sabrina York first caught my attention with her short story, Saving Charlotte, story number two, in the Smokin' Hot Firemen Anthology. After that, I checked to see what else she'd written, and stumbled across Rebound which was free on Amazon at the time. Of course that gorgeous cover drew me in, and the blurb sounded like some hot fun. I was not disappointed.

I like the idea of the stories in this series surrounding a group of old college friends who share a vacation house to get away from the hu
Kendra
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
First posted on Reader's Edyn (blogspot)

Holy cow! What a book to come back to! I have been on a bit of a hiatus and chose to read Ms. York’s book first. Having read her stories before and knowing jut how great her stories are, I had high expectations. Expectations well delivered on once again. If you haven’t experienced Ms. York before, I hope you will consider giving her a try. REBOUND is a novella so would be a great way to get a taste of Ms. York’s writing style without having to invest time
Margaret
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
**PRAISE FOR REBOUND:**

# 1 Amazon Erotic Romance Bestseller

* "You can't go wrong with a Sabrina York story. You'll want to take the
hero home with you and keep him forever. And the sex? More than you ever
dreamed. Get this book today."--Desiree Holt
* "Rebound had some serious SIZZLE to it. I LOVED it! It hit just about
every romantic cord in my body...it totally rocked my face off." --Insightful
Minds Reviews
* "Scorching hot."--You Gotta Read Reviews

**A Smoldering Longtime Crush and a
Hero on
Bj
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2014, 4-stars
For those of you who remember the ‘90s sitcom, Friends, REBOUND reminds me of what an "NC-17" rated version of Friends would have looked like. The first book in the five-book Tryst Island series contains an ending to the hero's and heroine's romantic relationship and can be read as a stand-alone book. Additionally, at only 84-pages long, it can easily be enjoyed as a quick, fun read in one sitting.

The Tryst Island series is the story of a group of college friends living in the Pacific Northwest
Victoria
They’d been alone together before. She had no idea why this time his fixed attention made visions of the two of them, entwined, race through her mind. It was probably the hint of mischief, that wisp of flirtation in his eye. But that was typical Cam. He flirted with everyone. And everyone knew it was just that. Flirting.

No. This was something different.

Rebound is the first story in the Tryst Island series by author Sabrina York. I was excited to finally have a chance to read this one since it’
Monica Cullip
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it

Rebound (Tryst Island #1)
Sabrina York
This story was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review. It is the first in a series of 5 (so far) stories about a group of friends that share a holiday home together.
Kristi Cross has had a devastating day when she walks in on her lover screwing her waitress in the storage room at the coffee shop she owns. So off she goes to the cottage to get away for a few days. Cameron Jackson is there as well. He is also newly single. Kristi has had the hots for him
Shelly
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, short by new to me author Sabrina York. When I initially read the blurb I was intrigued because I’m a sucker for unrequited lust/like/love then poof like magic everyone is in-love. This story I a good telling of that. Having just found her boyfriend sexing up her employee (while at work) Kristi Cross’s week can’t get any worse or can it? Getting out of town and away from her problems for the weekend, Kristi heads down to the house that she and her friends share.

Of all people to
Tanya
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free
Rating: 4 stars

This is a short one, novella, just over 80 pages. A group of college friends own a vacation house together on Tryst Island, which of course is the perfect setting for a series of books about the owners! This one is about Kristi and Cam. Kristi has crushed on Cam for years, but he didn't notice her, or so she thought. It turns out that Kristi and Cam are both at the house for the weekend, and both just broke up with significant others, making them single at the same time for the fi
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
I am going to give this novella a solid 3.5 stars. I have a really hard time giving out 4 & 5 stars for novellas.

This was a really quick read but Ms. York managed to give a pretty good story in about 70 pages. Kristi and her college friends all share a house together on Tryst Island. After catching her boyfriend banging one of her waitresses, Kristi breaks up with him and heads out to the vacation house to get away. Cam is one of her college friends who also shares in the vacation house and
Linda
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Christi Cross had a crush on Cameron Jackson since was a freshman in college, but she never pursued it. For one reason or another they both were in relationships at the same time. When she caught her boyfriend of three years cheating on here, she packed her bags and went to Tryst Island to hang out with her friends. As she arrived only Cam was there as the others had gone to a local bar to party. Once they sat down to play Hearts, Cam made a sexy bet...............

Cameron Jackson, managed the Se
  • More Than Friends (More Than, #1)
  • Her Kind of Trouble
  • Tempting Alibi
  • The Good Fight (Time Served #3)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • Bound to Seduction (Firebrand, #1)
  • Challenging Carter (The Strip, #3)
  • First Temptation (Covert Affairs, #1.2)
  • Party Crasher
  • Captured (Vice, Virtue & Video, #2)
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Break For Me (Secrets & Shadows, #0.6)
  • Blood Rush (Blood Courtesan, #1)
  • Project Virgin
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
  • Bad Girl Lessons (Gresham County, #1)
  • The Absolutely True Story of Us (A Novel Deception #2.7)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling Romance Author

To check out coming books visit www.sabrinayork.com

Amazon Page: amazon.com/author/sabrinayork
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SabrinaYorkBooks
Twitter: @sabrina_york

Tryst Island (6 books)
  • Dragonfly Kisses (Tryst Island, #2)
  • Smoking Holt (Tryst Island, #3)
  • Heart of Ash (Tryst Island, #4)
  • Devlin's Dare (Tryst Island, #5)
  • Parker's Passion (Tryst Island, #6)
“But she’d long ago learned that heartbreak could come whether you were careful or reckless. Might as well be reckless.” 0 likes
“Wangdoodles in strange va-jay-jays were kind of a deal breaker for her.” 0 likes