Start by marking “William's House (Hidden Magic #1)” as Want to Read:
William's House (Hidden Magic #1)

William's House (Hidden Magic #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  849 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Book one in the Hidden Magic Series

When William Stamson falls in love with a dilapidated mansion, he has no idea he’ll attract the attention of Cassius Grant…and disturb some magic better left alone.

Born a void, someone who cannot perform magic, William Stamson moves away in order to live on his own, away from his matchmaking family. While house-hunting, he falls for an ol
ebook, 2nd Edition, 83 pages
Published May 13th 2013 by Total-E-Bound (first published March 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about William's House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about William's House

Julio Genao
...i don't even know where to begin.

*taps shift key in thoughtful irritation*

ok, so, here's the thing:

this could have been amazing.

the premise and set-up alone were so rich with possibility i was nibbled to death by plot bunnies for the first three chapters.

but it's... it's more like an outline than a proper story.

so carelessly rushed it pissed me off. this should have been amazeballs, dammit.

but it wasn't. there's zero natural development in it at all. and it's dialogue-dominated, so basicall
Heather C
I don't even know where to begin to explain my issues with this book. I really loved the idea, but the insta-love and all-over-the-place plot ruined it for me.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Amber Kell has a pretty successful formula going.Smaller man needs bigger man who is totally besotted with him!
The null Will ( magic void) needs a Handyman and Cash fits the bill.
(view spoiler)
Rachel Emily
I really enjoyed this book from Amber Kell! I thought that the premise was interesting, I loved the characters, and it was a very enjoyable read! One of my favorites that I have read from this author, that's for sure. I'm hoping there will be more in this series.
Honey
Apr 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will is the self-asserted spoiled son of a powerful senator and witch. As the only magic-less member of a family known for its powerful magic, they have always thought he needs taking care of. (His family is so rich their way of doing so is to each give him a couple million dollars). When he decides to move away from Seattle and his family, he comes across a house that calls to him. It has a lot of potential, yet is in need of drastic repairs.

Cash is big, muscled and pierced. As dominant as any
Simon
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculous! Plot severely lacking, characterisation is very two dimensional....the story is a vehicle for sex with little by way of execution....little else. Takes about an hour to read. It was ok. I read it. I won't be purchasing more by this author, although judging by the number of stories she's written her writing is popular. Nice looking front cover.
Meggie
Apr 08, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story was like a quickie. The plot was easy, characters bland and two main characters, William and Cassius, didn't appear attractive as a couple. The plot was to simple and emotions were not real. Just bland written and not felt.
Macky
2.5*

Sadly not my cup of tea. The ideas are there but it was all too rushed for me. 2 stars for the overall story but Ive added a half star for Harriet..I kind of liked her!
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Price drop to $0.99 today at Amazon and ARe!! 6/4/13!
Lena Grey
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The power of love is the greatest magic in existence. No matter how much arcane knowledge someone has, the mystical powers of love can bring them to their knees with something as simple as a smile from the right person. Cascius Grant is an enforcer, trained to be cold and methodical, when on a mission from the magic counsel; but one look at William Stampson and his assignment is forgotten. All he can think of is how to keep William secure and, hopefully, in his bed forever.

Will is the most likea
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic, gay-for-you
3 1/2 - 4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

William is a void born into a very magical family, deciding he needs to get away from the matchmaking slightly overprotective family he buys an old mansion ‘a painted lady’ that needs much love and care. But, the house is on a magical vortex and the council doesn’t want anyone living there and sends Cash to convince William to leave. Cash discovers it isn’t going to be easy though… his magic won’t work
L-D
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies, blue-collar
William Stamson is a void - a man with no magic and who cannot be affected by magic. When he finds a run down decrepit house, he knows he's found his true love and names her Harriet. Harriet needs a lot of work and Will immediately sets out to find a handyman that can help him to restore his painted lady. Cassius Grant is a magical enforcer that is sent to keep an eye on the void that is living on one of the most powerful ley line intersections in the city. As a void, Will is one of the few peop ...more
Ravyn
I liked the general idea of the story, but execution was lacking. The story felt very rushed and superficial, with lots of plot gaps. The romance moved at warp speed and didn't feel particularly genuine. (view spoiler)

Bottom Line: Total brain fluff, no substance. Ok if you just want something incredibly easy to read and pass the time.
Becky
May 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011, m-m
This story had good bones-- an interesting premise and likeable main characters. But it was so rushed. Cash went from being 100% straight to talking about marrying Will in like 48 hours. And the paranormal storyline could have used a few more twists and details. But the world was interesting, and it wasn't a bad way to kill a rainy afternoon.
Amber
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cotton candy fluff read, in another words do look to deep and you'll enjoy it. This was just a fun read with a hot handy man and a rich dreamer with some magic thrown in. The characters aren't really that deep nor is the plot it just fun to watch Cash go alpha male on William as William indulges him. William's meddling family is a fun little diversion to insta-love sex.
Susan
May 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-read, z-2015
This was a very quick read. I missed seeing any connection building in the relationship between Cash and Will as it was a quick jump to insta-love - on Cash's part anyway. There were some nice twists to the tale and it did entertain me.
Sherry
May 10, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I tried.....I really did. No more!
Mandi
Mar 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read. I liked the alternate world of magic Amber Kell created. Would of liked a bit more screen time between the two main characters though.
Raymond Mathiesen
William's House (Hidden Magic #1) by Amber Kell

William's House

The magic (and complications) of love…

William Stamson is from a family of wizards, but he was born a void, "a person who could nullify magic". Will has no power and magic won't work on him. William's family is also very rich and he has no worries about living, although he does work as a novelist. When William decides to get away from his family in Seattle, he buys a very run down house in a small town away from everything. The only trouble is that the house is full of power and
DeeNeez
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt, free-read, 2017, sh-2017
A fast paced fun romp. It’s so fasted paced, soap opera drama your head will spin. The humor comes from over-the-top antics and the banter. I enjoyed it all! A insta-love, GFY story between one spoiled rich Senator’s son and overly macho Neanderthal Alpha male wizard. And it all starts with an old house with its own spirit.
Phaney
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
2015 Re-read:

I love this book. I loved it the first time I read it and I still do, even though I can’t really justify why. It’s certainly one of the better books by this author, but it isn’t perfect. And yet it just makes me happy. There you go. Maybe we all have some things we just go giddy over without tangible reason.

Of course, this time around I also realized an unexpected connection. This is about William Stamson’s house. And then there’s Jamie and Tamson House in Moonheart. Ah, even thinki
Geneva Vand
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
I loved the premise of this book. And the characters. And the magic. Best zombies I've ever run across. I also like the history and mythology related to nulls. However there was way too much going on for it to be a novella. The beginning felt like the start of a standard length novel. The pacing was perfect. Then, it seemed like the author remembered a page limit and rushed through everything in a mad dash. It was chaotic and frustrating because there were so many things that I wanted to read mo ...more
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
In this entertaining romp, William Stamson, an unashamedly spoilt and very rich twenty-five year old, buys a rundown mansion in a small town outside Seattle to escape from his family. But this is no ordinary house. It is full of magical energy and purchasing it brings William into contact with Cassius "Cash" Grant, who he hires as a handyman. Cash works for the Magical Council of Wizards and his task is to get William out of the house, but nothing goes to plan.

William and Cash are very engaging
Erin
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
William's House

I loved this book. Will and Cash were made for each other. Cash is an enforcer for the council and Will is a son to a powerful witch and a powerful senator who is a witch also. Cash was not gay but had very strong feelings for Will and figured out that they are soul mates. Will's new house is built on key lines and is powerfully in it's own right and took on a living from also Will is a void which helps control the power around the house. Will has no magic ability at all. I can no
Sadonna
I liked the world of this book with the various magic users. William and Cash are a cute couple. The twist as to who was behind the problems that Will encounters was well done. I enjoyed the scenes with Will and his family and his relationships with his parents and brothers. My one complaint is that I felt like the story ended rather abruptly - I'm hoping that since this is a series, we will get the rest of the story soon!

~SexyBookWorm~
Great book. I'm hoping this become a series and Will's brothers and maybe even his father end up getting mated!
It was one of those cute books that's an easy quick read but still enjoyable.
Will and Cash were good together but I wish their relationship had a little more conflict. Perhaps something to do with the fact that Cash had never been with or even thought of another man sexually. But still a very cute story.
Lea
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story that had me in stitches from the very first couple of chapters. Get ready for laughs when you match one man who never had a horny bone in his body for another guy with one who is self centered, spoiled and knows it. Add a few secrets, misunderstandings, a powerful family, and see the sparks fly between two lifestyles that clash like nobody's business. An sexy and enjoyable read!
Katherine
I really liked this one. Amber Kell is my crack. I thought I had read them all, but I found a couple I missed. I liked the idea of a magic house and a magical void living there. And the chemistry between Cash and William was scorching. Yeah, it's instalove,that didn't bother me at all. Like all of her stuff, I wish it were longer.
4 stars
Tony
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay...

This could have been a very interesting read! I dug of the paranormal/magical storyline... but wooooo - can I get a brace for around my neck because the instalove gave me whiplash!

Okay... to give it a fair review - I feel like if the author spread out the 95 pages of story over 300 pages and added some world/character building - it could have been great!

Tony
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow - that was a lot shoved into a few pages... From insta-love to GFY to everyone in town is gay and wants the MC. I feel like this could have been a fantastic story if there was better development. There were many plot holes and it felt really rushed!
Totally Bound Pub...: 4.5 Stars for William’s House by Amber Kell 1 5 May 19, 2014 01:06PM
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • King's Conquest (Mending the Rift #1)
  • Kian's Hunter (Fire, #1)
  • Dealing With the Dead (The Thompson Agency, #1)
  • Blood of a Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Ethan's Freedom (Portals, #1)
  • Artie, The Good Witch
  • Starfall
  • Shane's Fury (Lost Shifters #10)
  • My King's Seraglio
  • Abercrombie Zombie
  • Race the Sun (Enchanted, #1)
  • The Prince's Angel (Legends of the Romanorum, #1)
  • Nature of the Beast (Outside the City #1)
  • Thief of His Heart
  • A Subtle Breeze (Southern Spirits, #1)
  • Skin Deep (Fae, #1)
  • Half Blind (Freelance Magic, #1)
Amber Kell has made a career out of daydreaming. It has been a lifelong habit she practices diligently as shown by her complete lack of focus on anything not related to her fantasy world building.

When she told her husband what she wanted to do with her life he told her to go have fun.

During those seconds she isn't writing she remembers she has children who humor her with games of 'what if' and let
More about Amber Kell...

Hidden Magic (3 books)
  • Modeling Death (Hidden Magic, #2)
  • Magically His (Hidden Magic #3)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)