Start by marking “Body of Work (Very Personal Training, #1)” as Want to Read:
Body of Work (Very Personal Training, #1)

Body of Work

(Very Personal Training #1)

Cassie has fantasized about the ginger-haired personal trainer for months. Brian is friendly, but never more—until he appears on her doorstep and shows her how much her flirting has affected him. The more she’s with him, the more Cassie wants the fairytale, not just hot sex with the 6'2" hunk. She can give Brian full access to her body, but after her ex’s reaction to her e ...more
ebook, 2
Published June 30th 2016 by Karla Doyle (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Body of Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body of Work

Claire Robinson
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "Secrets... they always come back to bit you in the ass." Stars!

I am a fan of Karla Doyles books, her characters are always entertaining in their interactions, and sexy hot in their coming togethers, and her story-lines are always a little bit different from your normal romance.

Brian and Cassie are certainly no exception, one is a Personal Trainer at Iron Works gym, with aspirations of more in his future, and the other is a member, with a sexy photography business in her basement. Both of th
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
3.25 Stars!

Cutting 1 star because a lot of topics were not totally covered by the end of the book which was a little irritating.
Apart from that, a good book.. I enjoyed it.. I liked the authors writing style.. enjoyed the steam- HOT...
But as I said, some topics were not properly covered, even in the steam department..

this book should have been longer and more detailed.. it would have totally been a 4-4.5 star book.. but well..
covering the topic of
(view spoiler)
Megan
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cassie has had her eye on one of the trainers at her gym for months. After flirting with him and not getting any reaction she decides that he isn’t interested and vows to stop flirting. Brian has noticed Cassie. In fact, if it wasn’t for a clause in his contract he would have made a move on her months ago but the threat of being fired makes him keep his distance. Until one night when Cassie forgets her phone at the gym and Brian returns it to her. Once he’s at her house, he decides to throw caut ...more
Talltree
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A steamy hot romance with an adorable couple. Conflict is there in the book, but it comes from external factors, like a sleazy boss etc. so I enjoyed it.
MaggieReadsRom
4,5 stars
I really enjoyed Karla Doyle's third book. I was expecting Cassie and Brian and their story to be just as good as the other books and I am happy to report it was. It was definitely hotter than the other books (this is always a good thing) and with every book Doyle's writing is getting even better.
What doesn't change is the playful, humorous voice that comes through via her characters and their interactions.

The conflict had me worried for a bit a few chapters in as there were things no
Nina
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read Karla Doyle's book, More Than Words, months ago and really enjoyed it. Therefore, when Body of Work released, I was excited to dive into this one. I mean, just look at the cover. All I can say is hot cover, hot book!

While More Than Words was sexy, Body of Work was that times ten! I mean, Ms. Doyle amped up the steam factor in this one and I'm not complaining in the least. I'll just say that Brian & Cassie both had a very healthy sex drive and they both made the pages smolder. The sex
Cara
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Insta-sex of the true-love variety is not easy to buy in a book, but Doyle writes attraction like a boss. This is my second Doyle read, and this one is just as steamy and enjoyable as More Than Words. Bonus, I found the ending on this one much more satisfying.
Anne
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Really liked her writing style. Great book
Mel
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super hot, super sexy, and the writing was really good BUT...

There were too many threads in the plot that were just left hanging. Like, how did Brian and Sam know about Leeann injuring herself? Why was Paola so involved? The drama and secrets drove me crazy. I feel like parts of this book were awesome but as a whole, it needed a bit more work. I definitely want to read more by her though.
Victoria

The slightest move and he’d be buried. Deep. Fucking this tiny goddess in ways she’d never forget. Ways he’d never fucked any woman, always holding back for fear of terrifying them, or worse, hurting them. Cassie’s demands had unlocked his beast. He sure as hell hoped it wasn’t an act, because that key was fucking gone.

I read Body of Work several weeks ago and am late writing my review. As I go back through and look at some of my notes and highlights, I’m thinking I need to go back and re-read t
Romancing the Book
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, erotica
Reviewed by Melissa D
Book provided by Ellora’s Cave
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I chose this book because the summary inspired me to read this sweet and fun romance. This is the first time I have read anything by Ms. Doyle. I enjoyed her writing style a lot. The emotional aspects of the story connected me to the characters in a way not too many stories do.

Cassie has had her eye on one of the workers of the gym she has a membership too. She flirts constantly with him and after m
Mnix
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Going to the gym serves two purposes for Cassie Johnson. One, for the work out and two, so that she can mentally drool over Brian Black, a trainer there who sets her pulse pounding faster than any machine at Iron Works.

Brian does more than desire from afar, he makes his move and the couple enjoy a night they will never forget. There is no denying the chemistry and the passion they feel, how good they are together.

Gun shy about letting any man too close because of a past relationship that almost
BBMoreB ~
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
BODY OF WORK will get your heart rate up.

This is my first book by Karla Doyle. The author's writing style was incredible. Her ability to depict both the physical and emotional aspects during a scene is remarkable. As a reader, I like to connect to the characters and get pulled into the story.

I was immediately able to connect with both Cassie and Brian. Both were wonderful characters with lots of depth and strong personalities. There was just something that pulled me, the reader, into the story
Vee Paige
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book scorched my e-Reader. The author certainly knows how to build the sexual tension and let it burn. Nothing like a big hulking scotsman in a kilt...talk about easy access. And the places where Brian and Cassie have their fun can be quite daring. Both have secrets, Cassie more than Brian, although I did not see much of an issue why Cassie would keep the truth about the nature of her photography business a secret. Brian in the meantime is working for a sleazeball of a boss who is also inte ...more
Cara Bristol
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Karla Doyle is an auto-buy for me. I’ve read her two previous books (Game Plan and More Than Words). Body of Work offers more of the same great writing and witty dialog. I particularly loved the heroine’s open enjoyment, acceptance of her own sexuality. Cassie is a fitness nut and photographer whose big money comes by photographing people having sex. She has the hots for Brian, a red-headed, red-hot hunk at her gym but fears he won’t be able to accept her work. She has reason to fear, as she was ...more
Annette
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Main people Brian & Cassie.She's a flirty person who has the hots 4 Brian. Together they are like TNT very explosive. They both share a bond each of them have been hurt by their ex's so together they heal their past with each other hoping that have finally found their mate.(They are 2 crazy in love people who will try & do anything to make it work).But her past that she is hiding from him will either doom or fix her life for good.This book is very erotic,steamy,sexy and naughty.I loved r ...more
The Romance Evangelist
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
A copy of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review at NightOwlReviews.com.

The complete version of this review can be found at Night Owl Reviews

“Body of Work” is a wonderful story about how two people wary of trusting the wrong person again can’t help but keep coming back to each other, first for lust and then for love. The scenes between Cassie and Brian are easily the best part of this book, and their relationship is both touching and believable.
Mandy
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"If you build it, they will come." (Field of Dreams)
If she writes it- I will read it. (Me about Karla Doyle) (and I felt like I might "come" myself a few times) oops sorry.

So frick frackin hot. And sweet and so many other words and I cannot seem to come up with! Gah! The sexytimes were beyond smokin hot. And Brian and Cassie were dirty hot together and so totally sweet together.

I just love this author and I'll read whatthefrickever she writes. So...there.
Siobhan Muir
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Ms. Doyle was already on my favorite author list, but this book, Body of Work, is even better than her last. I loved Brian Black and Cassie Johnson. Cassie loved him, too, even when she was too damn scared to grab him when he told her how he felt. Loved the tension, loved the characters, loved their interactions and the sex was hot, of course, and well written. Ms. Doyle has been on my auto-buy list, and she won't be losing that status any time soon. :)
Andrea Mansue
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Doyle has once again delivered an incredibly sexy book that keeps you turning the pages. The Hero, Brian will melt your heart over and over again. Cassie, the heroine is funny and spirited. I loved her too. Wonderful!
Lisa Carlisle
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a hot story.

As someone who spends a lot of time in the gym, I greatly enjoyed reading about the forbidden romance developing between a client and trainer. Very hot romance with some unexpected twists.

Looking forward to reading more by this Karla Doyle.

Cara Connelly
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It has Karla Doyle's trademark terrific writing, weaving an emotional and sexy story about a photographer with a secret sideline and the hard-bodied fitness trainer she's crushing on at her gym. If I had to pick my favorite of Doyle's three totally hot books, this would be it.
Night
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read!
Fable
3.5 stars. Solid read, loved Brian, Cassie was just OK.
Claudia
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it
This didn't really work for me. The writing was compelling and the sex scenes hot but both the hero and heroine had some tstl moments where I just wanted to scream.
E_bookpushers
Dirty talking, red head, sweat, misunderstandings, friendships. Some questionable decisions but the motivation behind them was good. Entertaining read I will check out her other work.
Debi Hursh
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!
I tell you what, after reading this book I look at gym equipment in a whole new light.
I actually think of what I may be able to do on them if the cameras weren't rolling!
Lisa
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Long Time Coming
  • Island Fever
  • Virgin Territory
  • Dangerously Inked (Dangerous #0.5)
  • Folly (Noble Passions #5)
  • Crossing Lines (Heat Wave, #3)
  • A Date with a Dom (Trust in Me, #3.5)
  • Steal My Heart (Washington Memorial Hospital, #2)
  • Officer in Pursuit (Lock and Key, #3)
  • The Countess Takes a Lover
  • The World is a Stage (Games of Love, #2)
  • Nice Girl (Girl Series, #1)
  • Making Him Sweat (Wilinski's, #1) (Harlequin Blaze #740)
  • Loving the Beast (Breathlessly Ever After, #1)
  • A Kiss for Christmas
  • Picture Her Bound (Bayou Bound #1)
  • Suspended
  • Restraint
Karla grew up in a small town on the shore of Lake Erie. She trained and worked in the fashion industry, designing and making everything from swimwear to dog collars for most of her adult life. Karla has since traded her needle and thread for a word processor, and now spends her time writing sexy romances. When she's not writing, she loves spending time with family, friends and her pets, as well a ...more