Start by marking “Dark Desire (Dark Brother, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Desire (Dark Brother, #2)

Dark Desire

(Dark Brother #2)

This book contains adult content. 18+ only. This isn't for the faint hearted, it is not your typical love story, but I do promise it has some seriously hot scenes. You have been warned. Enjoy.

After the shock of finding out about Jagger's wife, Willow ran. She needed time, needed space to fix her heart. The love of her life has a big choice to make. Her or his wife.

When sh
Kindle Edition
Published March 31st 2013 (first published March 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Desire

Sempre by J.M. DarhowerBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireCrow's Row by Julie HockleyMonster in His Eyes by J.M. DarhowerRuthless People by J.J. McAvoy
Best Mafia/Mob Romance Books
745 books — 3,682 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsStolen by Lucy ChristopherSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsConsequences by Aleatha RomigComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Kidnapped!
686 books — 1,762 voters

More lists with this book...

La-Lionne
The ending of the first book should have been a clue not to bother with the second book.

Heroine comes back from 6 weeks vacation from Hawaii with her new gay best friend. She will use him to make Jagger jealous and win him back. But wait, she doesn't want him, because he hurt her. She keeps telling him to get lost when he texts or calls her. She even threw him out of her apartment when he came by to talk. But, she still gonna go to the party that his friend is trowing, to seduce and get Jagger b
Sam
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-favourites
These cliff hangers are killing me! I totally agree with all the other readers....Book 3 needs to be out now!!

This is such a great series full of full of love, drama and suspense! The first book was great but the second just excellent! It definitely had me captivated from the beginning and you just had to love the characters Willow and Jagger, the supporting characters are great and easy to love and they each contribute to the storyline!

Not only will this book take us on an emotional journey but
Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it

“Darkness in its finest form is still so much better than pain. If you asked me two months ago, I would say I choose darkness over pain. I’d lay my life down, and allow myself to be swallowed up in darkness, before I ever gave my heart over to pain. It’s a choice really, isn’t it? People know what they can live with, and what they can’t live without. I know what I can live with, and I certainly know what I can’t live without. Him. That’s what I can’t live without.”-Willow

I have to say, I absolut
Helen
May 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemp-romance
Arrrgh. I am so frustrated with this author!

Yes, I liked the book. Yes, it was a good story. But for goodness sake! All of the Dark Brother books could have happily fit into a single volume, not this spreading it out over 3 books nonsense. And I can't help feeling that all three of the book would have been more fluid and better if she had done this!

And another thing - she clearly has some great ideas, sexy as hell characters and some good plot twists in her head. So why the half-arsed writing.
Pam
“I love you Willow, you’re my darkness, my light, my fuckin’ everything.”

Dark Desire picks up six weeks after Dark Passion, Willow finally returns from running, yet again and still she’s not sure she’s ready to face it all. Willow was a selfish bitch, she was so busy protecting herself, she never once thought of those who care about her.
“you’re always running from what you’re afraid of, never facing any of it. When are you going to lower that stone wall and stop protecting yo
Angela
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I gave book 2 a try because I didn't want to lose hope after book 1 (it showed a lot of potential), but yet again, grammar/editing took a beating in this book. I beg this author like the many other self publishers to PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE find someone that can help you with grammar/editing. Also, again, it's not the worst book out there that kills the grammatical rules of the English language, but that in no way excuses the author. I'm in no way completely disparaging this book. The plot was al ...more
Tara  TUG
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
The madness and fan-girling continues into the second book.I loved the second book just as much as the first.I devoured it wanting to know every detail that was going on.My heart was hurting during the first 10% of this book.I had the wind knocked out of me along with feeling the pain Willow was surely suffering.To say I didn't understand the decisions Jagger was making wouldn't be fair.I learned from the first book he is fiercly loyal and knew he would work it out in his own time.I dove into b ...more
~Dawn~TUG
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
WOW! Will review all books after finishing series..

What an ending..really? So I devoured this book quickly after finishing book one. The scene was set for the road block of the century. Was it true love? Were they both feeling what they thought they were? Do they have it in them to fight?

These were the questions I know I was asking myself after that ending. I fell in love with both Willow and Jagger. The alpha male and the strong take no shit female! My absolute favorite recipe for awesome book
Nikki Groom
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, blog-tour
Dark Desire picks up where Dark Poison left off.
Poor Willow is left reeling after Jagger's wife reappears.
Jagger of course is stunned that the woman he once loved has come back, with the explaination that she was been in protection all ths time and had no choice but to leave him.
Jaggers emotions are all over the place, of course he loves Willow but he is torn between her and the woman he married.
Willow decides the only way forward is for Jagger to decide where his heart lies so gives him space.
Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector
4.5/5

Picked up the first book because of a reccomendation when I was looking for something sort of Dark with a sexy Alpha Male. I loved the first one so much I read the first 3 books in one night and the 4th book the next night. I LOVE Jagger. He is everything I ever look for in an Alpha male. He is a sexy, possessive, inked, pierced, dirty talking and a bad boy!! I couldn't get enough!! I can't wait to read more about the rest of the boys in the gang especially ACE!!
Aimie
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I left this book feeling all churned up. I'm not sure how I should feel about this book. I enjoyed it, enjoyed finding out what the next adventure or should I say bout of trouble was going to be. This was darker than the previous book. It ended way too quick though. I am not looking forward to the wait for Dark Endings. Hopefully the author is close to finishing it.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
And so the Queen of cliff hangers strikes again GGGrrrrr!! You'd think I would've learn't by now but oh no!! I hadn't!! I need/want book 3, now!!
Vieira
Holy Shit!!!!! How does she think of this!!! I will be dying til I read the next book!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! That was a crazy cliffhanger!!! Book 3 needs to be ASAP- I love Jagger!!!
╰☆╮ LovesToRead ╰☆╮
4.5 Stars

Well, in true female fashion, Willow does everything to prove just how she doesn't trust Jagger. Cannot listen to or follow simple instructions. That isn't really anything knew. Willow is written true to how annoying most females are. I'd find this book, or any book for that matter, completely unbelievable if she was written any other way. It is for that reason that the moment I started to yell at the book due to Willow's behavior and blatant stupidity at times I knew I was in for a boo
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥

Can you see me I am screaming from the roof top - NOOOOO!! Another cliffhanger!!! Although in this instance I am not cross, yeah that's a first for me. Maybe it's because the final books should be out in a matter of weeks - oh pretty please I am begging! I can't freakin wait to read the final book, I can't believe where Bec's mind went when she was writing this trilogy, all I can say is it went somewhere awesome.

You think you know where the story is going, you think you've worked out the twists
Isabel Roa
Someone's looking to kidnap and sell or buy Willow as sex slave and she knows this but Willow is so backwards that she goes out on her own the first opportunity she gets because she wants to make "breakfast" even though her friend already said she will make it .
On her way from the store she meets up with her ex out of the blue and then “His fist connects with my face before I can move away. I fall backwards, landing on the ground with a thump. Sharp pain shoots through my lip and jaw, and I str
April
Aug 04, 2013 rated it liked it
JAGGER and WILLOW both are broken souls. From JAGGER kidnapping her in the 1st book to trying to save her in the 2nd book, made an interesting story to follow. I enjoyed the character of JAGGER alpha but WILLOW was my personal downfall.I honestly couldn't connect with her and that made it a bit hard to continue on. Even with me not being able to connect with WILLOW JAGGER and his motley crew of alphas made it an enjoyable read.
Dee
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
BLOODY CLIFFHANGERS !!! Seriously!!!!??? I have to wait ??!!!!
Another awesome book and a great follow up to the first one and I am waiting not so patiently for the 3rd book!!

Willow and Jagger make an awesome self destructive couple - cant say its boring being around them.
Glad that Ava and Angel got together.

All supporting characters are great and well written.
Looking forward to the next book :)

Briana
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I'm very disappointed with the continuation of Jagger and Willow's story. It just seemed like a copy of book 1 with a few plot points switched up. I may read book 3 but only if its lent to me via Amazon.
Say
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-2013-reads
OMG!!! This series is the best so far of Ms. Botefhur's books and the ending another torture!!!
Anya
Apr 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I can't force myself to endure this book anymore :(
Everyone is so whiny, including the bad ass brotherhood! WTF!?
Rhonda
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
thought it would improve as the story progressed from Dark Poison it did not
Sytha
Feb 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
I gave up after 100 pages or so cause I was tired of the back and forth between willow and jagger!! Gave me a headache and there was no story build up! :( what a waste!!
Diana Reyes
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW! WHAT A CRAZY SEQUEL!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! THE FINAL BOOK NEEDS TO BE RELEASED ASAP!!!!
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a way to leave us hanging.. Love this series!! Can't wait for 3rd one!!!
Megpie
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it
"I'll always be there Willow baby; I'll never fuckin' leave you. I'll find anyone who hurts you, and I'll make them wish they never touched you."-Jagger

This one was okay. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either, it just was somewhere in the middle for me. I admit it wasn't as good as the first one and the writing was just okay but I really liked reading more of the characters from book one that I connected with. I just love me some Jagger.

First off this one was really short. Like really really
Night
Feb 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
One and a half punctuation-deprived stars.

Totally got suckered into this by the ending of the first one. Mistake. You would think the author might have learned something between books one and two, but you would be wrong. Not a single grammar or punctuation class was taken between books one and two.
What you will find in Dark Brother 2 is the continuation of Jagger and Willow's story. Angel/Ava and Ace/Jenny are there as window dressing as well, oh and a token gay friend who says "girl" a lot.

You
Chaude Weyers
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book follows Dark Passion with Willow and Jagger and a whole lot of Drama. I have enjoyed this book very much. So much emotions from Anger, Heartache to Sadness and Revenge makes this story worth all the time spent on it.

If you have read book 1 you will remember that in the end Shayleen, Jaggers dead wife, shows up and turned everyone lifes into havock.

Book 2:

Willow returns from her vacation (some time she needed for herself) only to find her home empty. Wondering where everyone is she tak
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Book3 1 31 Apr 18, 2013 10:06AM

• Embrace You (Loneliness, #2)
  • Stifle  (Just Breathe Ephemera, #2)
  • Exposing Alix
  • Judged By You (Judge Me Series, #1)
  • Billionaire Bad Boy
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Hate Me
  • Fool for You (For You, #1)
  • Holding On (Holding On, #1)
  • Promises, Promises (Alluring Promises, #1)
  • Enlightened (Red Flags, #2)
  • Olivia
  • The Weakness in Me
  • Freed by You
  • Undercover Heat
  • A Part of Me (Philadelphia, #2)
  • Play for Me
  • Traitor (Impossible, #1.2)
COME AND CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE 'Author Bec Botefuhr' FOR INFO ON NEW RELEASES AND ALREADY RELEASED BOOKS.

G'day, I'm Bec Botefuhr and I'm a 25 year old Aussie girl. I love writing, I love horses, I love the outback. I am Australian born and bred and proud! I came up with my books from dreams and I love each and every one of them, I know my characters and I live them each day. My belief is that

Dark Brother (5 books)
  • Dark Passion (Dark Brother, #1)
  • Dark Endings (Dark Brother, #3)
  • Dark Destiny (Dark Brother, #4)
  • Dark Lust (Dark Brother, #5)
“For whose benefit? Hers or yours? Do you care at all how she feels? Or do you just want to hear her say how much she loves you. Get out, Jagger, you don't deserve her.” 2 likes
“Willow...she...hurts herself. Well sure, Jagger, why don't you just tell everyone?” 1 likes