Start by marking “Phegru's Revenge” as Want to Read:
Phegru's Revenge

Phegru's Revenge

Phegru found the perfect human. All she needed was to remain undetected until she could gain complete control. On the verge of her success, a meddling human priest interfered. Phegru is left clinging to everything she has set into motion, knowing the day when she has complete control is nigh. And when that dark day comes...even God won't be able to save that meddling pries ...more
Published September 26th 2015 by Nevermore Press (first published March 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Phegru's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phegru's Revenge

Courtney
Feb 07, 2014 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: will-blog-review
phegru's Revenge
★☆★☆
D.J Shaw
E-book Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Phegru's Revenge is not a book I would have picked up if I were in a bookstore. I usually read YA or NA novels. I am not sure even how to classify this little novella.

But I can say I actually really enjoyed the book! It was a nice quick read that took me all of 15-20min yet still left me satisfied at the end.

The plot is DEF. something I am not used to. It is about a girl who is kidnapped by a "priest" who
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Dec 24, 2013 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Supernatural/Paranormal Adults
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Danael McGuire (Tiger Dynasty Publishing)
I absolutely love the horror, darkness, and creepiness, with the whacked out priest and the demoness possessed human. I was enchanted and addicted to this story from beginning to end. This is a very fast paced story and very well written.

This is an awesome Supernatural/Paranormal read and I highly recommend it!!

I received an e-ARC copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

*CAUTION-READER DISCRETION ADVISED*
April Hollingworth
Apr 03, 2014 April Hollingworth rated it it was amazing
Review Courtesy Of April Hollingworth

This is the first novella in a new series be prepared to want more. Delightfully delicious. After being tormented, tortured and finally broken then released after three long years of captivity while a priest performs an exorcism on her, as he claims the demoness Phegru has invaded Kylie. She’s finally released only to have the demoness taken rout inside her vying for control.

Opening Scene:

Picture this: You wake to find yourself tied to a chair and every time
Joyce Wetherbee
Jun 06, 2014 Joyce Wetherbee rated it it was amazing
You know, I never used to read short stories. I mean, come on. What can possibly happen in less than a hundred pages, right? Well, several months ago, I took a chance and am so glad I did. At that point I'd already read a trilogy by an author I was familiar with. Shaw is now the second author of short stories I've read. I am so glad I took that chance all those months ago. Had I not, I would have missed out on some great stories.

Phegru's Revenge is the third short story I've read from Shaw. In j
Debbie Saraceni
Oct 01, 2013 Debbie Saraceni rated it really liked it
This is the story of a young woman who was marked from birth to become possessed by a female demon named Phegru. The young woman Kylie has no idea of this and one day finds herself kidnapped by a man claiming to be a priest who can help her. But he doesn't help her in the way one would think. Victor keeps her captive for three years. During this time Phegru is forced to hide deep within Kylie so he wouldn't be able to get rid of her. Also while being held captive Kylie becomes attached to him an ...more
Jocelyn Sanchez
Feb 08, 2014 Jocelyn Sanchez rated it it was amazing
A creepy tale about revenge and what happens to those who go against and challenge a demon. This is the second short story from this author that I have read and it was as creepy and scary as the last.

Imagine waking up in a dark room with no memory of getting there. You’re not alone though because there is a man standing just in front of you, claiming to be a priest trying to rid you of a demon living inside of you. This is what happens to one of the main character in the story, Kylie. After yea
Julia Mills
Apr 22, 2013 Julia Mills rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review and it ROCKED!

DJ's portrayal of Kylie time in captivation and the eventual Stockholm syndrome was written so perfectly, I actually felt the shift in her personality.

Victor, the crazy priest was such an amazing captor. His insanity and complete obsession with Kylie even after he set her free added the creepy factor this story needed.

Phegru, she was everything you could want in a demoness and more. I was enthralled by how bloodthirsty she was bu
Roseanna
Jun 08, 2013 Roseanna rated it really liked it
Oh what a twisted dark web we weave. This one was a super quick read. Like one blink and it was over, not sure if it was because I was really into it, or it was just too short. Well. With kidnappings, tortures, deranged want to be priests, exercisiom and then demon possession, let’s just say there was always something. Not a boring page in this one. I would have loved it to be longer, more detailed, and not such a creepy diet for Phegru. Eww. That is all I will say on that. If you are faint of h ...more
Toni Michelle-Editor
Jan 29, 2014 Toni Michelle-Editor rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift from the author in exchange for an honest review.
This novella is only 21 pages but don’t let that keep you from giving it a chance. Instantly, Shaw had my full attention and my hunger to read more.
The short story is very dark and twisted with the main character being possessed by a demon and a “priest” trying to save her, but something in the way it’s laid out makes you want more.
While I loved the story for the most part, the ending was a bit disappointing; not s
David
Feb 08, 2014 David rated it did not like it
Shelves: horror, paranormal
This is also a dark, twisted tale. A terrible fate has made itself home in a young woman's soul and a man attempts to purge her of it. I was really scared of this tale and did not like how the story came to an end. I prefer the ending where things are left happily. To say this does not deliver that ending would be an understatement. Do not read in the dark, or ever if you prefer happy endings. This is probably only fit for those who can stomach dark, twisted realities.
Cassandra
Okay this is a tough one for me. I won this book in a giveaway. I read it, but definitely not my type of story. It was well written, but I'm not into stories that are this dark...with kidnapping, torture, cannibalism, and evil. This story would probably be loved by someone who isn't into goodness and likes very dark content. Again, nothing wrong with the story, just not me :)
Pamela
Jun 02, 2014 Pamela rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5...

OMY!!!! This is a great short story.. I can't even put into words about this book. Only because I would so say everything about the story.. YOU will just have to read it!!

Author DJ Shaw sent me the ebook in exchange for a honest review
Ronni
Mar 15, 2014 Ronni rated it liked it
Short Read.. psychotic meets demon and the fun begins ;) quick read, well written and right to the point. Look forward to reading more by DJ Shaw.
JoJo
Jan 23, 2014 JoJo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, d-j-shaw
Another great short story read from this author!
Jessica
Apr 11, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I think that is your only story you can keep a short....It had closure. I love your stories..They just need a little tweeking.
Aya
Dec 27, 2016 Aya rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Different from what I read usually.
I'm sure younger me would have enjoyed it more.
Becky Stephens
Jan 28, 2014 Becky Stephens rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, supernatural
Phegru’s Revenge is a creepy, scary read. And I was immediately intrigued by the dark horror of the story.

After years of torment and torture in the basement of a man proclaiming to be a priest attempting to exorcise a demon from you, Kylie is finally released. He expects her to be a broken mess, but he didn’t know that breaking Kylie’s spirit and soul allows Phegru to become stronger faster.

This is a fast paced book that I read in one sitting. Though short in length, it is full of suspense and a
Helen Bright
Jan 21, 2016 Helen Bright rated it it was amazing
Kylie awoke to find herself tied up in a basement, being visited a priest who was attempting to drive out a demon named Phegru, that he said was residing in Kylie. Was he a deranged kidnapper? Or has Kylie really been possessed by Phegru?
As the story is a short I won’t reveal any more, but I can say that although this was a quick read, there were some twists that I did not see coming. I think the Author could have gone with a full length novel with this story; and although I give it five stars I
Brad
Dec 17, 2016 Brad rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book at InstaFreebies, for the very reasonable price of FREE!
Having said that, i had never heard of DJ Shaw, and got the book purely on the short description. Well it was an inspired choice!
It is only a short story (18 pages) but definitely a creepy story.
The story starts with a girl waking up, finding she has been kidnapped by a priest intent to exorcise an ancient demon. If this was a full novel, I would have loved to explore this storyline. What if this happens all the time?
Sarah Crawford
Jan 24, 2017 Sarah Crawford rated it it was ok
Phegru is the Duchess of Wraith and Jealousy. A woman named Kylie is caputured by a nut who ties her to a chair and vows to remove the evil demon from her. He has done this with other women and their skeletons are in his basement.

Phegru also eats the skin of people. Kylie has Phegru inside her and the question becomes whether the demon will take over and, if it does, what happens to the nut case holding her?

It's an all-right story but it just doesn't seem that terribly interesting to me.
Marcus
Oct 31, 2016 Marcus rated it it was amazing
This is one of those stories that grab you by the throat and doesn't let go until the end. The author sets the mood from the introduction and pulls the reader in, whose at the point of trying to figure out what the he'll is going on. The author then throws a plot twist and whatever the reader was thinking gets thrown out the window. The writer then throws another plot twist where things tend to get a bit graphic, but overall this was a very very good read without a lot of fluff to make a coheren ...more
Deborah McClatchey
Jan 24, 2016 Deborah McClatchey rated it it was amazing
What a fascinating plot! This one had me hooked by the first chapter. Phegru is quite the unusual… Oops! No spoilers here! It's a thriller you won't want to miss. Well written, quite descriptive and intense moments. I highly recommend and give author D.J. Shaw 5 stars!!
Roger
Dec 30, 2016 Roger rated it liked it
My first read from author D.J. Shaw. A quirky little short story with an ending not expected.
Crystal Barnard
Crystal Barnard rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Rêvvâ Tênâg
Rêvvâ Tênâg rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2016
D.J. Shaw
Jun 08, 2013 D.J. Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Nathan Squiers
Nathan Squiers rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2016
Jovhanna
Jovhanna marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Kymmy
Kymmy marked it as to-read
Zita Martin
Zita Martin marked it as to-read
Jennifer Pittman
Jennifer Pittman marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Memrie Blue
Memrie Blue marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Isis
Isis added it
Jun 12, 2013
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Nicole Garcia
Nicole Garcia marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Jonetta
Jonetta marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Elvira Bathory
Elvira Bathory marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Emilie E. Faye
Emilie E. Faye marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Trista Baldwin
Trista Baldwin marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Carmen Pescod
Carmen Pescod marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Part of the Unseelie Sidhe, I have seen my fair share of dark. I use this in my writing. Please join me on my adventures :-)
======================================
Biography
DJ Shaw belongs to the part of the Unseelie Sidhe that live in Albuquerque, NM with her husband, The Vengeance Demon, Terminal, the beast who stole her heart, and together they have spawned five children. They also own a Ocelot a
More about D.J. Shaw...