Start by marking “Phegru's Revenge” as Want to Read:
Phegru's Revenge

Phegru's Revenge

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Phegru found the perfect human. All she needed was to remain undetected until she could gain complete control. On the verge of her success, a meddling human priest interfered. Phegru is left clinging to everything she has set into motion, knowing the day when she has complete control is nigh. And when that dark day comes...even God won't be able to save that meddling pries ...more
Published September 26th 2015 by Nevermore Press (first published March 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Phegru's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phegru's Revenge

Courtney Vasiliev
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: will-blog-review
phegru's Revenge
★☆★☆
D.J Shaw
E-book Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Phegru's Revenge is not a book I would have picked up if I were in a bookstore. I usually read YA or NA novels. I am not sure even how to classify this little novella.

But I can say I actually really enjoyed the book! It was a nice quick read that took me all of 15-20min yet still left me satisfied at the end.

The plot is DEF. something I am not used to. It is about a girl who is kidnapped by a "priest" who
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Supernatural/Paranormal Adults
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Danael McGuire (Tiger Dynasty Publishing)
I absolutely love the horror, darkness, and creepiness, with the whacked out priest and the demoness possessed human. I was enchanted and addicted to this story from beginning to end. This is a very fast paced story and very well written.

This is an awesome Supernatural/Paranormal read and I highly recommend it!!

I received an e-ARC copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

*CAUTION-READER DISCRETION ADVISED*
April Hollingworth
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review Courtesy Of April Hollingworth

This is the first novella in a new series be prepared to want more. Delightfully delicious. After being tormented, tortured and finally broken then released after three long years of captivity while a priest performs an exorcism on her, as he claims the demoness Phegru has invaded Kylie. She’s finally released only to have the demoness taken rout inside her vying for control.

Opening Scene:

Picture this: You wake to find yourself tied to a chair and every time
Joyce Wetherbee
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know, I never used to read short stories. I mean, come on. What can possibly happen in less than a hundred pages, right? Well, several months ago, I took a chance and am so glad I did. At that point I'd already read a trilogy by an author I was familiar with. Shaw is now the second author of short stories I've read. I am so glad I took that chance all those months ago. Had I not, I would have missed out on some great stories.

Phegru's Revenge is the third short story I've read from Shaw. In j
Debbie Saraceni
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the story of a young woman who was marked from birth to become possessed by a female demon named Phegru. The young woman Kylie has no idea of this and one day finds herself kidnapped by a man claiming to be a priest who can help her. But he doesn't help her in the way one would think. Victor keeps her captive for three years. During this time Phegru is forced to hide deep within Kylie so he wouldn't be able to get rid of her. Also while being held captive Kylie becomes attached to him an ...more
Jocelyn Sanchez
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A creepy tale about revenge and what happens to those who go against and challenge a demon. This is the second short story from this author that I have read and it was as creepy and scary as the last.

Imagine waking up in a dark room with no memory of getting there. You’re not alone though because there is a man standing just in front of you, claiming to be a priest trying to rid you of a demon living inside of you. This is what happens to one of the main character in the story, Kylie. After yea
Julia Mills
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review and it ROCKED!

DJ's portrayal of Kylie time in captivation and the eventual Stockholm syndrome was written so perfectly, I actually felt the shift in her personality.

Victor, the crazy priest was such an amazing captor. His insanity and complete obsession with Kylie even after he set her free added the creepy factor this story needed.

Phegru, she was everything you could want in a demoness and more. I was enthralled by how bloodthirsty she was bu
Roseanna
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh what a twisted dark web we weave. This one was a super quick read. Like one blink and it was over, not sure if it was because I was really into it, or it was just too short. Well. With kidnappings, tortures, deranged want to be priests, exercisiom and then demon possession, let’s just say there was always something. Not a boring page in this one. I would have loved it to be longer, more detailed, and not such a creepy diet for Phegru. Eww. That is all I will say on that. If you are faint of h ...more
Toni Michelle-Editor
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift from the author in exchange for an honest review.
This novella is only 21 pages but don’t let that keep you from giving it a chance. Instantly, Shaw had my full attention and my hunger to read more.
The short story is very dark and twisted with the main character being possessed by a demon and a “priest” trying to save her, but something in the way it’s laid out makes you want more.
While I loved the story for the most part, the ending was a bit disappointing; not s
David
Feb 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: horror, paranormal
This is also a dark, twisted tale. A terrible fate has made itself home in a young woman's soul and a man attempts to purge her of it. I was really scared of this tale and did not like how the story came to an end. I prefer the ending where things are left happily. To say this does not deliver that ending would be an understatement. Do not read in the dark, or ever if you prefer happy endings. This is probably only fit for those who can stomach dark, twisted realities.
« previous 1 3 next »
Part of the Unseelie Sidhe, I have seen my fair share of dark. I use this in my writing. Please join me on my adventures :-)
======================================
Biography
Born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1977, DJ Shaw was 17 before she was able to see most of the United States. When she was 17, she decided to join the fair, traveling with them to Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. Once t
More about D.J. Shaw...