Start by marking “Phegru's Revenge” as Want to Read:
Phegru's Revenge

Phegru's Revenge

Phegru found the perfect human. All she needed was to remain undetected until she could gain complete control. On the verge of her success, a meddling human priest interfered. Phegru is left clinging to everything she has set into motion, knowing the day when she has complete control is nigh. And when that dark day comes...even God won't be able to save that meddling ...more
Published September 26th 2015 by Nevermore Press (first published March 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Phegru's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phegru's Revenge

Start your review of Phegru's Revenge
Courtney Vasiliev
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: will-blog-review
phegru's Revenge
★☆★☆
D.J Shaw
E-book Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Phegru's Revenge is not a book I would have picked up if I were in a bookstore. I usually read YA or NA novels. I am not sure even how to classify this little novella.

But I can say I actually really enjoyed the book! It was a nice quick read that took me all of 15-20min yet still left me satisfied at the end.

The plot is DEF. something I am not used to. It is about a girl who is kidnapped by a "priest" who
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Supernatural/Paranormal Adults
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Danael McGuire (Tiger Dynasty Publishing)
I absolutely love the horror, darkness, and creepiness, with the whacked out priest and the demoness possessed human. I was enchanted and addicted to this story from beginning to end. This is a very fast paced story and very well written.

This is an awesome Supernatural/Paranormal read and I highly recommend it!!

I received an e-ARC copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

*CAUTION-READER DISCRETION ADVISED*
April Hollingworth
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review Courtesy Of April Hollingworth

This is the first novella in a new series be prepared to want more. Delightfully delicious. After being tormented, tortured and finally broken then released after three long years of captivity while a priest performs an exorcism on her, as he claims the demoness Phegru has invaded Kylie. Shes finally released only to have the demoness taken rout inside her vying for control.

Opening Scene:

Picture this: You wake to find yourself tied to a chair and every time
Joyce Wetherbee
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know, I never used to read short stories. I mean, come on. What can possibly happen in less than a hundred pages, right? Well, several months ago, I took a chance and am so glad I did. At that point I'd already read a trilogy by an author I was familiar with. Shaw is now the second author of short stories I've read. I am so glad I took that chance all those months ago. Had I not, I would have missed out on some great stories.

Phegru's Revenge is the third short story I've read from Shaw. In
Jocelyn Sanchez
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A creepy tale about revenge and what happens to those who go against and challenge a demon. This is the second short story from this author that I have read and it was as creepy and scary as the last.

Imagine waking up in a dark room with no memory of getting there. Youre not alone though because there is a man standing just in front of you, claiming to be a priest trying to rid you of a demon living inside of you. This is what happens to one of the main character in the story, Kylie. After
Julia Mills
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review and it ROCKED!

DJ's portrayal of Kylie time in captivation and the eventual Stockholm syndrome was written so perfectly, I actually felt the shift in her personality.

Victor, the crazy priest was such an amazing captor. His insanity and complete obsession with Kylie even after he set her free added the creepy factor this story needed.

Phegru, she was everything you could want in a demoness and more. I was enthralled by how bloodthirsty she was
Roseanna
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh what a twisted dark web we weave. This one was a super quick read. Like one blink and it was over, not sure if it was because I was really into it, or it was just too short. Well. With kidnappings, tortures, deranged want to be priests, exercisiom and then demon possession, lets just say there was always something. Not a boring page in this one. I would have loved it to be longer, more detailed, and not such a creepy diet for Phegru. Eww. That is all I will say on that. If you are faint of ...more
Toni Michelle-Editor
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift from the author in exchange for an honest review.
This novella is only 21 pages but dont let that keep you from giving it a chance. Instantly, Shaw had my full attention and my hunger to read more.
The short story is very dark and twisted with the main character being possessed by a demon and a priest trying to save her, but something in the way its laid out makes you want more.
While I loved the story for the most part, the ending was a bit disappointing; not so
David
Feb 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: horror, paranormal
This is also a dark, twisted tale. A terrible fate has made itself home in a young woman's soul and a man attempts to purge her of it. I was really scared of this tale and did not like how the story came to an end. I prefer the ending where things are left happily. To say this does not deliver that ending would be an understatement. Do not read in the dark, or ever if you prefer happy endings. This is probably only fit for those who can stomach dark, twisted realities.
Cassandra
Okay this is a tough one for me. I won this book in a giveaway. I read it, but definitely not my type of story. It was well written, but I'm not into stories that are this dark...with kidnapping, torture, cannibalism, and evil. This story would probably be loved by someone who isn't into goodness and likes very dark content. Again, nothing wrong with the story, just not me :)
Pamela Stuard
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5...

OMY!!!! This is a great short story.. I can't even put into words about this book. Only because I would so say everything about the story.. YOU will just have to read it!!

Author DJ Shaw sent me the ebook in exchange for a honest review
Ronni
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Short Read.. psychotic meets demon and the fun begins ;) quick read, well written and right to the point. Look forward to reading more by DJ Shaw.
JoJo
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: d-j-shaw, e-book
Another great short story read from this author!
Jessica
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I think that is your only story you can keep a short....It had closure. I love your stories..They just need a little tweeking.
Aya
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Different from what I read usually.
I'm sure younger me would have enjoyed it more.
Natasa
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, short-story
This was such a fascinating short story. When I started reading, I thought it was a book, so when the plot started, I was curious where the hell is this going. Then suddenly it ended and it all made sense and I was left in awe that someone can write such a brilliant short story. I believe it might be even harder to pull of a great short story rather than as whole novel, though I'm not an author so I might be also mistaken.
Aviar Savijon
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quick, fast paced tale o terror and torment and the revenge that is taken from one that used to be captive and becomes even more terrible to on that was once her tormentor years before. I loved it!!!
Becky Stephens
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, supernatural
Phegrus Revenge is a creepy, scary read. And I was immediately intrigued by the dark horror of the story.

After years of torment and torture in the basement of a man proclaiming to be a priest attempting to exorcise a demon from you, Kylie is finally released. He expects her to be a broken mess, but he didnt know that breaking Kylies spirit and soul allows Phegru to become stronger faster.

This is a fast paced book that I read in one sitting. Though short in length, it is full of suspense and
Helen Bright
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kylie awoke to find herself tied up in a basement, being visited a priest who was attempting to drive out a demon named Phegru, that he said was residing in Kylie. Was he a deranged kidnapper? Or has Kylie really been possessed by Phegru?
As the story is a short I wont reveal any more, but I can say that although this was a quick read, there were some twists that I did not see coming. I think the Author could have gone with a full length novel with this story; and although I give it five stars I
Brad
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book at InstaFreebies, for the very reasonable price of FREE!
Having said that, i had never heard of DJ Shaw, and got the book purely on the short description. Well it was an inspired choice!
It is only a short story (18 pages) but definitely a creepy story.
The story starts with a girl waking up, finding she has been kidnapped by a priest intent to exorcise an ancient demon. If this was a full novel, I would have loved to explore this storyline. What if this happens all the time?
Sarah Crawford
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Phegru is the Duchess of Wraith and Jealousy. A woman named Kylie is caputured by a nut who ties her to a chair and vows to remove the evil demon from her. He has done this with other women and their skeletons are in his basement.

Phegru also eats the skin of people. Kylie has Phegru inside her and the question becomes whether the demon will take over and, if it does, what happens to the nut case holding her?

It's an all-right story but it just doesn't seem that terribly interesting to me.
Marcus
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those stories that grab you by the throat and doesn't let go until the end. The author sets the mood from the introduction and pulls the reader in, whose at the point of trying to figure out what the he'll is going on. The author then throws a plot twist and whatever the reader was thinking gets thrown out the window. The writer then throws another plot twist where things tend to get a bit graphic, but overall this was a very very good read without a lot of fluff to make a ...more
Deborah McClatchey
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fascinating plot! This one had me hooked by the first chapter. Phegru is quite the unusual Oops! No spoilers here! It's a thriller you won't want to miss. Well written, quite descriptive and intense moments. I highly recommend and give author D.J. Shaw 5 stars!! ...more
Roger
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
My first read from author D.J. Shaw. A quirky little short story with an ending not expected.
Crystal Barnard
Feb 10, 2015
Rêvvâ Tênâg
Nov 02, 2016
Ches Vaters
Jul 15, 2018
D.J. Shaw
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Nathan Squiers
Jan 03, 2014
Mark
Jan 03, 2014
Part of the Unseelie Sidhe, I have seen my fair share of dark. I use this in my writing. Please join me on my adventures :-)
======================================
Biography
Born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1977, DJ Shaw was 17 before she was able to see most of the United States. When she was 17, she decided to join the fair, traveling with them to Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. Once