Start by marking “Angela's Siren Awakening” as Want to Read:
Angela's Siren Awakening

Angela's Siren Awakening

Angela was just a well-mannered woman, trying to get on with life. Then she met Rafe and things began to change. He introduced her to another side of life, one that she didn’t find very appealing. After she breaks free of him, she is introduced to the supernatural world, only to find out that she has some ties to that as well.
Enter Daryl, the yummy demon who has arrived to
Published March 21st 2013 by Tiger Dynasty Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Angela's Siren Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angela's Siren Awakening

Julie
Mar 30, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
Ebook: Angela’s Siren Awakening
Author: DJ Shaw
Fiction, Paranormal,
This review may contain spoilers
I was given this by the author for an honest review
Summary: Angela is a girl after revenge in the biggest way, she needs it for closure against Rafe who publicly used & abused her for his own fiendish and despicable satisfaction, along comes Daryl the demon, he is a level one demon who can help Angela to come to terms with her new abilities.
The Review
I was given this by the author for an honest
Roseanna
Jun 08, 2013 Roseanna rated it really liked it
Whew, what an awakening. Angela’s need for revenge is so great it is calling to others. So naturally a demon answers the call. He says he will help Angela learn her powers and help her seek her revenge. And what a revenge it is. Her ex has used and abuse her for the last time. A note to all… a woman scorned will eat your heart! Upon taking her revenge, she learns that nothing is free. You know what they say ‘Never trust a demon’.
I enjoyed this short story, and would love to read more about the
Julia Mills
Apr 22, 2013 Julia Mills rated it really liked it
Angela's Siren Awakening is one of the best WOMAN SCORNED and KICKS ASS stories I have ever read!

Angela is an incredibly strong, sassy woman that has been wronged buy a jerk and is looking for pay back!

Daryl is smart mouthed, intelligent, cunning vengeance demon looking for recruits with a plan to help Angela get her revenge on Rafe a.k.a The Jerk!

I loved the relationship between Angela and Daryl as he taught her to use and hone her Siren skills. Neither one took any crap from the other and thei
Deb Carroll
Aug 21, 2013 Deb Carroll rated it really liked it
Angela’s Siren Awakening
**I was given this book by the author for an honest review**
Vengence! At one time or another every woman has wanted it for one reason or another. And Angela is no different, she wants revenge on Rafe, aka the Jerk, and she is not above using a demon to get it! Enter Daryl a very smart mouthed demon who has a secret for Anglea…she’s not just any female she’s part siren. Here’s the thing though, never trust a demon, I mean it’s a demon for cripes sake!

What happens next??
Denise
Jul 28, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Angela is still furious over the things her ex-boyfriend did to her. A demon, Daryl, shows up to help her with her problem - cost? Her soul. Angela says that she didn't need his help. When Daryl tells her that she is part siren, she is intrigued. She agrees to have Daryl teach her how to use her siren skills. But being a demon, Daryl doesn't tell her everything. Will she be able to control her growing abilities? Will her need to vengeance
April Hollingworth
Apr 03, 2014 April Hollingworth rated it it was amazing
Review Courtesy Of April Hollingworth

This is the first part of a short novella. I found it intriguing and enjoyable and badly want to know what adventures Angela will go on in future books.

Opening Scene:

How did my life become such a mess?
The Review:
Angela wants revenge on her ex. Finding out she’s a half siren she learns her abilities by training with the help of a sexy demon called Daryl. She’s surprised when she finds herself opening up to Daryl and confessing why she wants revenge but who be
Debbie Saraceni
Oct 16, 2013 Debbie Saraceni rated it really liked it
Angela is just out of a relationship with Rafe and feeling angry for what he put her through. She is at home and hears a voice talking to her through the TV. She isn't sure at first what to think about that but then all of a sudden Daryl shows up in her kitchen. She is a bit freaked as to where Daryl came from and that he is now standing in her home. He talks with her and explains that he is a demon and knows she is a Siren. He promises to help her seek the revenge she is looking for....but Dary ...more
Jul 31, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
DISCLAIMER: I was provided this book in exchange for an honest review.

Didn't Angela's mother ever tell her not to trust demons? Guess not and trust me when I say that Angela is going to regret that one. After her friendly neighborhood demon volunteers to show her the tricks of the trade, Angela learns of her Siren ancestry and her ability to make men fall on their knees (literally). Angela is still looking to get revenge on a former boyfriend who used her and then discarded her like used Kleenex
Jocelyn Sanchez
Very good! Frightening towards the end and had an ending I wasn’t expecting. I love the attitude from the main character and the humor from the demon.

Angela only wants one thing. Revenge. She wants revenge against the man that tormented her and still haunts her memories. She didn’t know how to extract her revenge until a demon named, Daryl, offered her a deal she couldn’t refuse. He trains her, unleashing her hided powers, and helps her come up with a plan to extract her revenge on Rafe, the ma
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Dec 24, 2013 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Demon Lovers
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Danael McGuire (Tiger Dynasty Publishing)
'I am a vengeance demon and I will help you extract your vengeance for a small price'. Always remember that all demons are deceitful and will get what they want eventually in the end, whether you agree to their terms or not.

I loved this story and the way this particular demon got his way with the main character in this story. Not only that, but the way he was able to twist the character's mind into believing what she wanted to hear. This is a phenomenal story that just goes to show that demons a
Courtney
Feb 07, 2014 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: will-blog-review
I received this book by the author im exchange for an honest review!

Angelas's Siren Awakening
D.J. Shaw
★☆★☆

Angela's Siren Awakening is about Angela a woman who dated a guy (Rafe) for a few months. We learn their first few months were great but after that he turned into a real A**hole. Angela would like nothing more than to get revenge on Rafe.

One night while watching an infomercial A demon named Daryl contacted her through her tv. Creepy right? Oh but not this handsome demon.

Daryl first asks for
Nicole
Jul 26, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it
Angela is a woman scorned. She wants vengeance and she wants it bad. That deep need to get it brings Daryl into her life, in a quite amusing way I might add. She learns that she isn’t your average woman, she’s part Siren and Daryl is here to teach her how to use those powers to get what she wants.

What happens when Angela gets her revenge?

This short read was exciting and fun. The interactions between Angela and Daryl were witty and charming and we are left wondering what happens next.

*I was given
Solera Winters
Mar 29, 2014 Solera Winters rated it liked it
I won this book from the author. She has written an entertaining short. As I read I was a little concerned she wouldn't bring the story off to a full conclusion in the short length, but she did it well. While it is a story of revenge, the unhappily ever after ending works. It seems like this character and her story could be fleshed out into at least a novella, but it works as a short. I just wanted to know more and if Angela was happy with what she did and what her life becomes, if she's miserab ...more
David
Feb 08, 2014 David rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, horror
This short story had an interesting idea to it. A girl is furious over her ex-boyfriend for the way he treated her and ends up summoning a demon who tells her she's part siren and can help her get her revenge. While it had interesting ideas like someone finding out they're a hybrid of a human and some mystical creature, I was a little disappointed that she used her powers solely for revenge. Still it's an interesting read. However if you prefer happy endings you might want to give this story a m ...more
Pamela
Jun 01, 2014 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Angela and Rafe dated for 6 months. But Rafe did things to Angela that she could no longer handle. So she left him but yet she wanted revenge for the things he had done to her. Angela finds out from a Vengeance Demon named Daryl, that she is half human and half Siren. Sirens have a song, that can lead men to you and beg you to kill them. Daryl trained her on how to use her powers.

Does she use these powers on Rafe? Or does she finally let go of what Rafe has done to her?? You will have to read.

A
Kathi White
Feb 05, 2014 Kathi White rated it really liked it
This book was written in a style that is exactly what I enjoy. The author is very descriptive and offers many different views. Angela siren song is a book that brings a different perceptive to the Greek mythology.
I enjoyed reading this book. Angela's siren being taught by a demon that thrives on the revenge of a human. Daryl teaches her how to simplify her siren song to bring one certain person that hurt her and used her.
I want to personally Thank Ms. Shaw for introducing me to her books.
Toni Michelle-Editor
Jan 29, 2014 Toni Michelle-Editor rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
The book is extremely short, which I usually stay away from because how can you enjoy something that is only 15 pages, right? WRONG!!!!! Not in this case. It’s an attention grabber from the start.
Demons, sirens, revenge…..definitely a short story you want to get your hands on.
Ronni
Mar 21, 2014 Ronni rated it really liked it
JoJo
Jan 22, 2014 JoJo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
A wonderful read! Only complaint...too short!
Joyce Wetherbee
May 28, 2014 Joyce Wetherbee rated it really liked it
We've all heard the warnings when we were kids; "be careful what you wish for," "read the fine print," "don't talk to strangers," "do unto others (you know - the golden rule)." This story offers a couple of good reasons for paying attention to those annoying rules drilled into us as we were growing up.

Poor Angela is going through a rough time since breaking up with her boyfriend. Channel surfing while she wonders how her life turned into its current mess, her attention is grabbed by an infomerci
Becky Stephens
Jan 28, 2014 Becky Stephens rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Angela is my type of character! She’s a feisty redhead who finally broke free from her abusive boyfriend. And she’s intent on revenge. But this isn’t your typical woman scorned type of story. Her ex didn’t cheat on her. No, what he did was much, much worse.

She is still haunted by memories of his mental and physical torment, and her thirst for revenge has drawn Daryl, who happens to be a demon, to her. Daryl offers to help her by unleashing powers she didn’t even know she had.

Angela’s Siren Awake
K.C.
Apr 26, 2014 K.C. rated it really liked it
I loved the idea behind this book and only wish that it was longer. I think DJ Shaw should expand this into a novella or full length novel. Daryl was great and devious like only a demon can be. The twist at the end was a great way to finish the book.
Jessica
Apr 11, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Everything flowed wonderfully and no typos that I could see. A surprise ending! Is there going to be more? I love the characters and the idea of your story are awesome...
Mina Hanna
Mina Hanna rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Crystal Barnard
Crystal Barnard rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
D.J. Shaw
Jun 08, 2013 D.J. Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Jovhanna
Jovhanna marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Kymmy
Kymmy marked it as to-read
Keona El
Keona El marked it as to-read
Zita Martin
Zita Martin marked it as to-read
Jennifer Pittman
Jennifer Pittman marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Memrie Blue
Memrie Blue marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Isis
Isis added it
Jun 12, 2013
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Jonetta
Jonetta marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Hollie
Hollie marked it as to-read
Peacockontherun_lia
Peacockontherun_lia marked it as to-read
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Vika Carviou
Vika Carviou marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Emilie E. Faye
Emilie E. Faye marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Trista Baldwin
Trista Baldwin marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Part of the Unseelie Sidhe, I have seen my fair share of dark. I use this in my writing. Please join me on my adventures :-)
======================================
Biography
DJ Shaw belongs to the part of the Unseelie Sidhe that live in Albuquerque, NM with her husband, The Vengeance Demon, Terminal, the beast who stole her heart, and together they have spawned five children. They also own a Ocelot a
More about D.J. Shaw...