Start by marking “Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)

Chain of Iron

(The Last Hours #2)

The Shadowhunters must catch a killer in Edwardian London in this dangerous and romantic sequel to the #1 New York Times bestselling novel Chain of Gold, from New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Cassandra Clare. Chain of Iron is a Shadowhunters novel.

Cordelia Carstairs seems to have everything she ever wanted. She’s engaged to marry James Herondale, the boy she
Expected publication: March 2nd 2021 by Walker Books

Start your review of Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)
NReads
Mar 05, 2020 marked it as to-read
Just when you think that you are out of trilogies, don't worry Cass Clare will come up with one every year. ...more
Melanie
[January 6th, 2021] ✨ I just purchased my signed copy at Good Choice Reading

[July 1st, 2020] this cover has k-worded me and my expectations.

[February 3rd, 2020] brb, crying until march 2021

*.) The Bane Chronicles ★★★
*.) Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy ★★★
1.) Lady Midnigh
nadia
Tbh I'm only reading this to see Will and Tessa as a married couple.

✨ A ✨
What I think needs to happen in Chain of Iron:

More Magnus Bane!! There's no such thing as too much Magnus Bane
• more cutesy domestic Will&Tessa moments
(view spoiler)
Lia Carstairs
OHMYGOD LOOK. AT. THE. COVER.
LUCIE HERONDALE IS ON THE COVER OMG YASSSSSSSSSS😍😍😍

AND THE SYNOPSIS??!!!

Lucie, that she plans to raise Jesse from the dead;
Cordelia, that she has sworn a dangerous oath of loyalty to a mysterious power;
and James, that he is being drawn further each night into the dark web of his grandfather, the arch-demon Belial. And that he himself may be the killer they seek.

HOW AM I TO BE EXPECTED TO WAIT UNTIL MARCH 2, 2021??!!
The world is such a cruel place......😭😓

Cha
Maria ☾ ⋆
Jun 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
I CAN GIVE MY SOUL FOR THIS COVER!
THE COVER IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND DREAMY!!
Beth
Mar 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
02.07.2020

My girl Lucie made it to the cover, get it girl 🙌🏻

But seriously, it’s BEAUTIFUL!

————-
01.07.20

Look at that Synopsis... OOOOOOOFT

——————-

10.03.2020

After finishing Chain of Gold yesterday, I don't think I've been so eager to get my hands on the next book in such a long time.

Look right, I'll be honest, I see Cassandra Clare, I see Shadowhunters... I buy it.

HOWEVER with the knowledge that I'm getting more Will (even in snippets), Cordelia and Matthew I am sold.
sam
Jun 11, 2020 marked it as to-be-released
ITS HERE THE COVER IS HERE AND ITS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING
lucie looks gorgeous with the killer bees ahh and we’re getting a magnus and jem short story in the collectors edition too i can’t wait
———————————————————
UPDATE: we just got the official summary for this book and wow this series just became wayyyy darker than I thought it would. I mean James, a serial killer? I’m actually both terrified and excited for this.
———————————————————-
MARCH 2nd 2021?

I DONT THINK I CAN WAIT THAT LONG
Sylvie
ADSVDHVDJINJFDW I JUST SAW THE COVER AND i'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!

My favorite Herondale is on the cover and Lucie is finally getting the appreciation that she deserves. 🙌🏻🙌🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I though the Dark Artifices has the best book covers among the shadowhunters series, but the Last Hours is breaking that record.

Also, can we talk about the cover. I mean there are so many details to observe. (But I’m tagging them as spoilers)

Alright, here are my theories regarding the cover:

(view spoiler)
Lucy Tonks
Shelves: cassandra-clare
WE HAVE A COVER!! And it is beautiful!! Lucie is on the cover and she looks amazing! And it's blue! I love it so much!!

God, how will I be able to be a functional human being until this book is released? Plz wake me up in march when this book is released

Also the synopsis, I'm already in pain

"a serial murderer is targeting the Shadowhunters of London"
WE HAVE A MYSTERY

"Cortana burns Cordelia’s hand when she touches it"
WAIT, WHAT?? I'm really concerned, what's that supposed to mean? How is Cortana
☀︎El In Oz☀︎
Edit December 1: WE GOT THE FIRST TWO CHAPTERS AND THEY WERE PERFECT. I swear the amount of times i had to physically stop reading to process the new info, the angst, the relationships.. and I say this in the best way. The little information we got that I know is foreshadowing, the little things, and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of this book:) I was bursting with emotion (in the first two chapters only. FIRST TWO), and simply 5/5 based on those. the wait is killing me<3
Edit August 28
❀ Alex ❀ (The Scribe Owl)
Shelves: to-buy
WE HAVE A COVER AND IT’S BEAUTIFUL

I’ve heard that it’s supposed to be Lucie on the cover and that this is Lucie’s book! I’m so excited, I really like Lucie. I also hope this means we get some Jesse action!

Personally I don’t think it’s as good as the cover for Chain of Gold, but it’s STILL BEAUTIFUL and I’m so so excited. Do I have this preordered yet?
Meli
Jul 03, 2020 marked it as wishlist
I LOVE THESE COVERS 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Azure✧
July Update: Aaaand we have the cover! It's the same format with a girl with long hair with her back to us with fancy dress.......I honestly wasn't expecting Lucie; I thought it would be James. 😁 What are those moths for.... And the necklace thing? This is Lucie's book I suppose, so is she going to succeed in getting Jesse back? I hope so.... that seems like the main focus, so far.

Personally not as good as the Chain of Gold cover, but then that was exemplary. I could. Not. Stop. Staring at t
Nila
May 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
Your really trying to kill us, aren't you, Cassie? HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT AND MAKE US WAIT THIS LONG AND GIVE US ALL THIS HOPE AND ASDHASFN AIASDNAISDJASK!!!!MASKD!!!
I can't. I can't.
Tessa  Herondale~Carstairs
I. Can. Not. Wait. Have you read the summary??? You have to. I want the book nowwwww!!!!!!! I honestly can’t wait until March next year. I really can’t.

Her hair is JUST like Tessa's. And mine *wink wink*

AHHH there is a cover!!!!! It’s beautiful!! The yellow I’m not a fan of, but hey, we’ll make it work.
Eliza ☽
Apr 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
Matthew Fairchild and Anna Lightwood should be the real main protagonists.

U can't change my mind.
biconique
Mar 05, 2020 marked it as 2021-tbr
[October 15th, 2020]: omg so the magnus and brother zachariah short story is called "One Must Always Be Careful of Books" and we'll see the Spiral Labyrinth!! and there's also a TLH 2021 calendar up for preoder now!! i really hope the last art is of belial <33

anyway its just 138 days left until the book's release!!!!!

~~
07/01/2020: we now have a cover and it's lucie in all her beauty and glory!!!

also the first edition of the book will have a short story about magnus & jem AND 10 illustrations of
Beenish
Nov 22, 2020 marked it as to-read
The first two chapters are out and I can't wait to read. Have you read it?

And I also can't read those first two coz then waiting for the rest of the book for months would be too much!!
Emily
Mar 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
I finished Chain of Gold yesterday, and this book doesn't come out until next year... WHY DO I KEEP DOING THIS TO MYSELF? ...more
Megan
Mar 09, 2020 marked it as not-yet-released
I just need to see Matthew get his life together and then I will be forever happy
Anna Luce
Mar 18, 2020 marked it as wishlist

Look, I just want the Carstairs siblings to be happy...is that too much to ask?
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
OMG THIS COVER IS STUNNING. Can’t believe I have to wait 8 months for this.
yanitta☏
OH MY GOD I WILL GET TO STROKE LUCIE HERONDALE'S HAIR ONCE I GET THIS BOOK.
I'm preordering it now. 242 days to go. I wish I had a time machine. Can Christopher build me one?
Gretal
Jan 05, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: yarc
I don't really want to get into it because I'd hate to spoil such a highly anticipated book for people, but I will say this:
1. I loved everything we got from Ariadne, Anna, Alastair, and Thomas.
2. They were not in this book nearly enough.
3. I hate the James/Cordelia/Matthew love triangle so much. It has very little founding and I just don't see it at all. It's incredibly weak. The more I think about it, the more I just hate it. And if you know me you know I hate best friends to lovers but textua
clara ☾
Jun 30, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-release
update: 01/07/20
the cover is absolutely stunning. i love my girl lucie herondale so much!

update: 30/06/20
this synopsis is killing me. james herondale a serial killer? cortana burning cordelia? cordelia carstairs swearing oaths? since when did this series become so...dark?
i'm actually terrified for what is to come. terrified. i love these characters so much, and cassie seems determined to make them suffer as much as she can.
the only one whose storyline i'm excited for is lucie. though i'm sure so
Camille
Mar 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
I've finished Chain of Gold today and I don't know what to do until Chain of Iron is out.

Welp.
beverley ✨
the cover .... is absolutely..... STUNNING
Lindsay (pawsomereads)
THIS COVER!!! *chefs kiss* I need this on my shelves immediately
♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY THIS SERIES IS CALLED THE LAST HOURS.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'LAST' HOURS.

WHY IS EACH SYNOPSIS DARKER THAN THE OTHER.

In this book: I need to see a roast battle between Cordelia and Grace. Then Grace can get her ass kicked by Cordelia. (Grace gets married to Christopher Lighwood. Wonder how that happened).

Also that bracelet...

description

someone better rip that bracelet off James or I swear to god I will consult higher powers and travel to the world of the Shadowhunters and do it myself. AHH
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Can I update the book cover? 3 24 Nov 05, 2020 07:58AM

• This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • The Bone Houses
  • Divergent Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1)
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire, #1)
  • The White Queen
  • Call Down The Hawk 8 chapter sampler
  • The Girl in the Red Coat
  • The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice, #3)
  • The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly
  • The Lady of the Rivers (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #1; Cousins War #3)
  • The Romanov Empress: A Novel of Tsarina Maria Feodorovna
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • Dragon Rider (Dragon Rider, #1)
  • Wings: A Fairy Tale (Fairy Wings #1)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

The Last Hours (3 books)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • Chain of Thorns (The Last Hours, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Gothic romance, dueling family restaurants, West African magic, and much, much more! It sure looks like 2021 is shaping up to be a year of...
“The brave princess Lucretia raced through the marble halls of the palace. "I must find Cordelia, " she gasped. "I must save her."
"I believe Prince James holds her even now, captive in his throne room!" Sir Jerrod exclaimed. "But Princess Lucretia, even though you are the most beautiful and wise lady that I have ever met, surely you cannot fight your way through a hundred of his stoutest palace guard!" The knight's green eyes flashed. His straight black hair was is disarranged, and his white shirt entirely undone.
"But I must!" Lucretia cried.”
7 likes