Start by marking “Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)

Chain of Iron

(The Last Hours #2)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  27,968 ratings  ·  5,577 reviews
The Shadowhunters must catch a killer in Edwardian London in this dangerous and romantic sequel to the #1 New York Times bestselling novel Chain of Gold, from New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Cassandra Clare. Chain of Iron is a Shadowhunters novel.

Cordelia Carstairs seems to have everything she ever wanted. She’s engaged to marry James Herondale, the boy she
Published March 2nd 2021 by Walker Books

·  27,968 ratings  ·  5,577 reviews

Start your review of Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)
Regan
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
honestly, how could she
Hannah
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my full spoiler filled reading vlog (aka an hour of me crying and losing my mind): https://youtu.be/uRNBehnWna8 ...more
NReads
Mar 05, 2020 marked it as to-read
Just when you think that you are out of trilogies, don't worry Cass Clare will come up with one every year. ...more
Lia Carstairs
[ The only COI spoilers in this review are in spoiler tags]

Tell me, what do I say? What do I say about this masterpiece?

I would change nothing. And I mean nothing. actually maybe just that bloody ending *sobs*

CASSIE, YOU CANNOT EXPECT ME TO WAIT 393+ DAYS FOR CHAIN OF THORNS-

No, this is true torture. She really fooled us smh this book hurt so much.

The secrets, the lies, everything was painful. I don’t like having my heart torn into pieces :(

There are so many ways to destroy me, ah I
Melanie

*.) Ghosts of the Shadow Market ★★★★
3.) Queen of Air and Darkness ★★★★
1.) The Red Scrolls of Magic ★★★★★
1.) Chain of Gold ★★★★★

listen, i love them too, but hero
Sofia
This book stole my heart and I am pressing charges.

Chain of Iron, the second installment in The Last Hours series, takes everything that Chain of Gold did well and adds to it. Layers and layers of character development, mysterious motives, addictive writing style, added to stunning romance and heartbreaking angst. I was literally beaming while reading this book. I felt like my whole body was smiling. There were painful moments, too—many, many painful moments. In fact, the ending made my heart f
nadia
Tbh I'm only reading this to see Will and Tessa as a married couple.

Lucy Tonks
”My father used to tell me that sometimes you cannot reconcile with someone else. Sometimes you have to find that reconciliation on your own. Someone who has broken your heart is often not the person who can mend it.”

How does Cassandra Clare expect me to wait patiently for Chain of Thorns now? Not that I was ever going to wait patiently for it I can be quite impatient lol, but this is pure torture. I am not going to be okay until I have the last book in my hands. After that ending I need tha
Mariah
Why do I pay cash money for someone to hurt my feelings?
✨ A ✨
My copy is a month and 20 days late - but she is here! and she is beautiful!

thank you to Walker and Pan Macmillan for the review copy
__
What I think needs to happen in Chain of Iron:

More Magnus Bane!! There's no such thing as too much Magnus Bane
• more cutesy domestic Will&Tessa moments
(view spoiler)
krista ☽✧
Mar 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-reads
4.5 stars ✨

“You cannot save people who do not want to be saved," said Magnus. "You can only stand by their side and hope that when they wake and realize they need saving, you will be there to help them.” - this quote shows that a person has too accept things theirselves , love doesnt always fix something it has too come from within you too get better or accept certain things about yourself no matter how people say that you are amazing........

Did this book finish me or did I finish this book its
Mash
For a full, detailed review, check out my blog Mashlovesbooks!

Lists this book is found in: Best Books I read in March 2021

~ 5 stars ~

Chain of Iron follows the same characters as the previous book but our friends are no longer the same. We start right from where we left off, when Cordelia and James “scandal” is revealed and James announces their marr
Eliza ☽
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alastair Carstairs Fan Club President
Bhavya

Rating- 4 stars

Content/ Trigger warnings- Alcoholism, Alcohol use (underage drinking), Blood, Death (including parental), Manipulation, Mind control, Miscarriage (mentioned), Murder, Violence {Source}

Chain of Iron by Cassandra Clare is the second book in the Last Hours Trilogy. I was very excite
☀︎El In Oz☀︎
5/5

“When you want something very much, you are willing to accept the shadow of that thing. Even if it is just a shadow.”

In this sequel to Chain Of Gold, Cassandra Clare serves her regular books filled with to die for characters, swoon-worthy romances and an intense plot. I do have some larger negatives with this book than any other book of Cassie’s but that’s for later on!

As usual the writing of Cassie’s is amazing. Each book it becomes more atmospheric and detailed and she truly knows how
Beenish
Nov 22, 2020 marked it as to-read
I'm so scared to read this. People keep talking about that cliffhanger and COT being pushed back ://// 😭
__________

Cassie's live tea party with Hannah on YouTube!
We are going to get a great deal of Grace Blackthorn which will make us not only know her better but also understand her (if not justify what she does) All for it!
__________

It's out and I'm counting every day till I get my copy!
__________

OMG OMG OMG!! IT COMES OUT TOMORROW!! (I can't read it as soon as I get it but it doesn't stop me fro
maria
Jun 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
I CAN GIVE MY SOUL FOR THIS COVER!
THE COVER IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND DREAMY!!
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I’m basically here for the covers at this point! I’ll do a reread of certain books later on to see if I want to keep them. Now, if they were to do a book or trilogy of Tessa and Jem, then I’m all over it. 😉

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Althea | themoonwholistens ☾
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA yearning, angsty angst for all of u shadowhunter trash like me
I came for the ANGST, YEARNING, and NOSTALGIA.

so the waiting for Chain of Thorns.... begins.

I will now be peacefully staring at a wall. Thank you.

"But love is not always a lightning bolt, is it? Sometimes it's a creeping vine. It grows slowly until suddenly it is all there is in the world."

I'm actually going to pass out.

Dare I say it that I think this series is better written than TID.

I mean it makes sense because this was written years after TID and CC has obviously learned a lot since the
❦ jazmin
“Hast thou gone among the streets of the city and the watchmen there, and found the one thy soul loves?”

This review is going to be 90% me freaking out and ranting about this book and only 10% of actual analysis. GOD I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS SO MUCH HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT A OVER A YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE??

Anyway, I’m going to try to talk about things in chronological order so if you only want to know my thoughts on the ending scroll to the bottom.

Warning: there will be major spoilers from h
Abby
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
AADGJJKOHGRDFHJK.
Wow. Just wow.
Possibly my favourite Shadowhunters novel to date? Possibly my favourite cast of characters EVER?
I'm in pain I need the next book but I just can't bear the thought of this series ending
Beth
17.03.2022

How can it possibly end there?!
Full RTC
—————
02.03.2021

Happy Release Day Chain of Iron 🙌🏻 I’m so so excited to read this... I feel like it’s a repeat of last year in the sense that I am very certain that Waterstones has messed up my order and it’s not going to be here today... the exact reason why I chose not to go with Amazon whyyyyyy does this keep happening 😞

————-
01.03.2021

It comes out tomorrow woooo! Can’t wait to Buddy Read this with Katie, probably going to cry together... I swea
sam
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-read
*4.5

what the fuck Cassandra Clare

———————————————————
ITS HERE THE COVER IS HERE AND ITS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING
lucie looks gorgeous with the killer bees ahh and we’re getting a magnus and jem short story in the collectors edition too i can’t wait
———————————————————
UPDATE: we just got the official summary for this book and wow this series just became wayyyy darker than I thought it would. I mean James, a serial killer? I’m actually both terrified and excited for this.
———————————————————-
MARCH 2nd 20
Maartje
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
WOW. I LITERALLY DIED. MY EMOTIONS ARE SCATTERED ONTO THE FLOOR. MY HEART IS IN PIECES. MY SOUL IS DESTROYED.

CASSANDRA CLARE DID IT AGAIN! She wrote an epic fantasy book full of emotions and also demons. Chain of Iron is a well written sequel to Chain of Gold. So it really deserves 5 GOLDEN STARS.

However I must admit I almost gave this book 4 stars. Because a part of the characters weren't acting like themselves? Actually I was probably frustrated at the way some of them were acting during cert
Tessa  Herondale~Carstairs
Oh, the pain-

It seriously feels like someone has punched me in the gut.

Life lessons learned: communication is key.

RTC

I don't think I can wait for more than a year for this. Excuse my language but FUCK YOU COVID
solanne
May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
the way this book made me cry isn't even funny ...more
Alexa
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel gave me emotional whiplash from beginning to end. And like the sucker I am, I THANKED it for doing so.
✧ jules ✧
she really broke my heart again, this is clockwork prince all over again. the AuDaCiTy of this woman.
Sylvie
I'm in agony right now. Why? Because my copy won't be arriving anytime soon. I have to wait from 2 to 3 weeks. 😭😭 In the meantime I'm going to read the novellas that are about TLH characters, because I need TLH content like right now.

***************************************************
By the angel!!!!! Only one more month till we have to endure for torture, heartbreak and lots and lots of sobbing (I'm sure).
description

I have never been more terrified excited for a sequel than I am for Chain of Iron.
*Impati
Nellie
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
EMOTIONAL TORTURE. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK BUT I HATE IT SO MUCH BECAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF THE PAIN I FELT AT THE END OF CLOCKWORK PRINCE. THAT TORTUROUS ENDING. I HATE IT HERE. AND NOW I’M GONNA HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR THE NEXT BOOK FML

• This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • The Bone Houses
  • Divergent Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1)
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire, #1)
  • The White Queen (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels #2)
  • Call Down The Hawk 8 chapter sampler
  • The Girl in the Red Coat
  • The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice, #3)
  • The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly
  • The Lady of the Rivers (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #1; Cousins War #3)
  • The Romanov Empress: A Novel of Tsarina Maria Feodorovna
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • Dragon Rider (Dragon Rider, #1)
See top shelves…
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

The Last Hours (3 books)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • Chain of Thorns (The Last Hours, #3)

Articles featuring this book

“Love is not always a lightning bolt. Sometimes it is a creeping vine. It grows slowly until suddenly it is all that there is in the world.” 131 likes
“To love one another is to come as close as we ever can to being angels ourselves.” 91 likes