Start by marking “Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)

Chain of Gold

(The Last Hours #1)

Chain of Gold is the first novel in a new trilogy that stars the Shadowhunters of Edwardian London.

Welcome to Edwardian London, a time of electric lights and long shadows, the celebration of artistic beauty and the wild pursuit of pleasure, with demons waiting in the dark. For years there has been peace in the Shadowhunter world. James and Lucie Herondale, children of the
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about Chain of Gold, please sign up.
Jen SERIOUSLY!! I especially like the commenters who have it on their "to read" list, though they feel it's absolutely necessary to voice how much they…moreSERIOUSLY!! I especially like the commenters who have it on their "to read" list, though they feel it's absolutely necessary to voice how much they cannot stand the thought of this book/series, or Clare's other books/series coming out. Some people need...to get over themselves. We don't care if you don't want to read it, or the many reasons why you don't think it should have ever been written. Really. We don't. After reading the fiftieth comment from someone who is all about being negative and ugly about it, I'm just done. If you don't like the idea of this book/series, then don't f*cking read it. Easy.(less)
Arthur Herrera Cassie LOOOVES making us hurt. I guess I'm only alive in this world because I need to finish all the 18 (and, probably, over 10 companion…moreCassie LOOOVES making us hurt. I guess I'm only alive in this world because I need to finish all the 18 (and, probably, over 10 companion novels/compilations/manuals) books from the Shadowhunter Chronicles + Magisterium Series (and subsequent novels of when Call and whoever is still alive go to the Collegium, which is pretty obvious that will be published after book 5 (The Enemy of Death)) and to see its portrayals into movies/TV series, so I can kind of thank her for that LOL(less)

Start your review of Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
Giovanna
Aug 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
People: "Emma and Jules and TDA!!!"
Me: "I WANT JAMES HERONDALE"

Khalia
Mar 28, 2013 marked it as to-read
You know what this means?

MORE WILL HERONDALE!

Update: First review for this book. Claiming it! (27/03/13)

Edit 10/05/15 Since writing this review I've fallen out of love with Clare's novels, and in fact most novels I used to love (*shakes fist* "curse you, maturity!"), but I'm strangely proud that this semi-positive review is one of the top liked reviews amongst all these nasty reviewers... Seriously, why are you wasting your time with such redundant commentary? If I'd created a world as
Nasty Lady MJ
Apr 03, 2013 marked it as ca-ching
Recommends it for: Uber Fans
Note December 18, 2018: With much regret I requested that GR freezes the comments for this review. I am tired of constantly getting alerts and having to delete harassment. I really don't know why people can't get it into their thick heads that this is my review. They can disagree with it, but they don't have to come on here and attack me. God, just grow up already.

Disclaimer: Fanbots and trolls will be blocked. I don't care if you think I'm mean to Cassandra Clare. I really doubt she's read
Nick
Dec 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
You can't imagine how long I have waited for this. Will and Tessa's story will live on.
Chloe
My new favourite book in the Shadowhunter Chronicles? I think so.

I will never get over the fact that I got to read this early. What a dream come true. This was one of my most anticipated releases and it did NOT disappoint.

Wow I loved everything about this book. The characters (hello new favourite character Cordelia Carstairs <3), the angst, the QUOTES (so many good quotes), the setting (1900s London), the plot (super engaging and love the antagonist), EVERYTHING! It's also so satisfying
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
JEEZ!!!
My heart stopped beating when I saw this cover.
It's so gorgeous I want to marry it. <333

___________________________

I've been dying to read more about James Herondale ever since I read "The Midnight Heir" in "The Bane Chronicles".

I love all those Herondales and Carstairs and Lightwoods and Blackthorns.
Gosh just give me all those awesome Shadowhunters!
I need them like I need air to breathe! <333

I genuinely hope Cassie Clare never stops to write those books because it certainly
Beth
May 12, 2016 marked it as to-read
15.01.2020

It is the year 2020, in less than two months Chain of Gold will be here, I will have at least four copies and two book boxes of this, and if you dare be terrible and not give these character ALL of the love I will Riot (Zoe will join me as well)

—————
13.12.18
LOOK AT THAT COVER I AM IN LOVE!
————
28.07.18
So I’m reading TID (Clockwork Prince) and it’s just dawned on me.
Page 300
“We who are immortal, we are chained to this life by a chain of gold, and we dare not sever it for fear of what
Jude
Apr 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 00-ugh
 photo tumblr_mdd3z9ctRH1r5jxm3_zpsdd90539f.gif

Here We Go Again.

First, I want to make clear to everyone that I Looooove TMI and TID, Loved them. But there's already The Dark Artifices coming and now this?

The thing about lots of books in a series is that, for them to work well, the author has to built this whole excellent world that is just so well written and so thought of that you can't help but want continue to be in it - for example Harry Potter. The Nephilim world is amazing and I've loved learning more and more about it and I can't
Booknut
Feb 21, 2014 marked it as to-read
 photo ySDkC87.gif
By the Angel. She's done it again.

Like the proverbial 'rabbit-out-of-a-hat' trick, Cassandra Clare has whipped out another series based in the Shadowhunter world...this time, taking us on an unnecessary journey through the married life of Will and Tessa.

At the end of Clockwork Princess I was like:
 photo c9wsx.gif

But nope. Cassandra Clare decided that our fanfiction and daydreams weren't good enough - so she concocted a way to drag out continue the stories of two of our favourite characters.

Katherine Elizabeth
Jul 31, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: reviewed
See's William Herondale in the synopsis. *Screams*
Lucy Qhuay
Apr 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: need-you-now

Update: July, 16th 2013

So, today I read The Midnight Heir, the fourth installment in The Bane Chronicles. I loved it, by the way.
And I only have two things to say:
1 - James Herondale...

2 - Grace Blackthorn...

------

I'm already seeing everything in my mind:
Featuring

✨ A ✨
Nov 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-release
14 December, 2018
THIS HAS JUST GOTTEN REAL!! CORDELIA CARSTAIRS IS ON THE COVER AND I AM FREAKING OUT!! REALEASE DATE 19 NOVEMBER 2019
description

COVER RELEASE VIDEO WITH CASSIE AND CHRISTINE RICCCIO HERE

17 Nov, 2018

I kinda agree that Cassie is milking the Shadowhunter Universe. BUT I DON'T GIVE A DAMN. SHE CAN HAVE MY MONEY. HER BOOKS ARE GOLD TO ME. I spent my teen years reading Cassie's books and I will—and am spending my 20's doing the same. #shameless

Whither thou goest, I will go

10 May, 2017

DOES THIS
Annie
Apr 01, 2013 marked it as watch-list
Shelves: 2010s-release
Clare. Wat r u doing?

Clare.

STAHP.

What is this? Now there's going to be a fourth series? (And the Infernal Devices wasn't even that good!) Oh God, it's like Warriors. IT JUST DOESN'T END.

Clare just needs to get some new ideas already. Stop milking this cow; she's done. Get over it.

I'll probably read Clockwork Princess eventually, just because I don't like reading only 2/3 of a trilogy. Even though I'm not all that thrilled to read it. I refuse to read TMI for various reasons.

In case you don't
monet
Apr 07, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cassandra-clare
6/4/2013

hey you guys, I really don't know why you're complaining. THIS MEANS MORE WILL HERONDALE AND ALSO TESSA CAUSE THEY'RE STILL TOGETHER! YES YES YES MORE WESSA!!!

omfg
argh
asdfghjkl
willWILLwIlLHERONDALE
aNEWseries

And I have a theory, after reading the family tree for The Infernal Devices, that one of the mains are going to be Gideon and Sophie's lovechild Thomas Lightwood. Why? Because none if the other Lightwood children of theirs marry and Thomas does because it say 'See Extended Lightwood Family Tree' and then at the end of this
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Yes! It’s pre-ordered!! God!! That cover!! I thought the last book cover was beautiful! Help me! These beautiful covers are blowing my mind!

Natalie Monroe
Feb 22, 2014 marked it as never-ever-ever-reading-this
Dear lord, will someone take this woman's pen away!?

ambsreads
May 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME

i will buy and read every shadowhunters book every cassie needs to milk this cow forever
✨    jamieson   ✨
me, watching the release date get closer and closer

THE COVER BETTER LIVE UP TO MY FAIRLY HIGH EXPECTATIONS
Laurel
Apr 07, 2013 marked it as never-will-i-ever
Recommends it for: COWS FOR GRAZING

FUCKING CHRIST, CLARE.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I am so goddamn done that I'm almost Tumblr done.
I'm done with this.
I'm really really done with this woman.
SHIRLEY ♡
Shelves: 2020-releases
LOOK AT MY BABY CORDELIA !!! I LOVE THIS BOOK ALREADY AND I HAVENT EVEN READ IT YET.
Lyanna (I need a Herondale in life)
OKAY

WE GET MORE OF WILL HERONDALE

AND BRO ZACHARIAH

I NEED IT NOW

NOW, MY NEGATIVE REACTION:

I'd like to get this straight:

Cassie Clare has 3 published series (TMI, TID & TBC), 1 unfinished (will
Jiana
Dec 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
Update 13/Dec/2018: HOLY! SHIT! HOLY SHIT!!!!! I think I'm hyperventilating look at this cover!!!!!! Okay, this is CC's best cover yet!!! I can't wait I'm going to pass out
Katlyn
Apr 06, 2013 marked it as to-read

Why? Why don't you plan a fifth series because you seem to have some big dreams (that you couldn't hope to accomplish in a reasonable time frame.) You haven't even published one book in the Dark Artifices series and TMI isn't done. How about you get your head out of the clouds and actually finish the series you are working on. You need to stop talking about all these different spinoffs that will be published in seven years and just calm down.

And to all those people freaking out about this being
Tara ☽
Jan 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Three whole books starring Will Herondale as a DILF? Sign me tf up ...more
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
WILLIAM IS IN IT
description
Mary H
Apr 04, 2013 marked it as to-read
Haters gonna hate. If you don't like Cassie, don't like her books, cool. That's your opinion, and you are absolutely entitled to it. But don't get all in my face cause I'm a fan. Going to squee now!
Leona  Carstairs
TAKE MY MONEY CASSIE, TAKE IT
ℨαrα
Shelves: to-be-released
THIS COVER IS SO STUNNING. The “my heart skipped a beat when I saw it” type of stunning. It’s tied with Lady Midnight as my favourite out of all the Shadowhunter covers.

And Cordelia Carstairs (who is HALF PERSIAN. I didn’t know this, but I love that now) holding Cortana in Kensington Gardens. I am officially excited.
Anika
OMG. Best cover yet?!?!

• Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Imagine Me (Shatter Me, #6)
  • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • Untitled (Nikolai Duology, #2)
  • Harley in the Sky
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Untitled (An Ember in the Ashes, #4)
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)
  • Untitled Novella (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.2)
  • The Kingdom of Back
  • Zenith Part 1
  • The Prom: A Novel Based on the Hit Broadway Musical
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

"Cassandra Clare was born overseas and spent her early years traveling around the world with her family and several trunks of fantasy books. Cassandra worked for several years as an entertainment journalist for the Hollywood Reporter before turning her attention to fiction. She is the author of City of Bones, the first book in the Mortal Instruments

The Last Hours (3 books)
  • Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)
  • Chain of Thorns (The Last Hours, #3)
“Matthew held out his hands. “Pax,” he said, wheedlingly. “Let it be peace between us. You can pour the rest of the port on my head.”
James’ mouth curved up into a smile. It was impossible to stay angry with Matthew. It was almost impossible to get angry at Matthew.”
23 likes