Start by marking “Lover Undercover (McCade Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lover Undercover (McCade Brothers, #1)

Lover Undercover

(McCade Brothers #1)

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

He’s undercover. She’s in over her head.

Yoga instructor Kylie Roberts is the good twin. At least she was—until an accident forces Kylie to step into her twin’s sexy stilettos at a posh Hollywood “men’s club." But nothing could've prepared Kylie for the dead body in the club’s parking lot or the ridiculously hot det
Published April 22nd 2013 by Entangled: Brazen

To ask other readers questions about Lover Undercover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover Undercover

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellTempting the Best Man by J. LynnTempting the Player by J. LynnProtecting What's His by Tessa BaileyOne Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye
Brazen Collection
182 books — 512 voters
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellVanilla on Top by C.J. EllissonThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnRules of Entanglement by Gina L. Maxwell
Entangled Books
401 books — 340 voters

More lists with this book...

Jill
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it

Kylie Roberts, yoga instructor and the 'quiet twin' has been coerced by Stacy, the 'wild twin' into filling in for her as an exotic dancer (read, stripper) at Deuces, a gentlemen's club (read, strip joint.) With a broken leg, Stacy is unable to dance, but money is in short supply, and Stacy's high-paying job is their biggest income.

First night jitters give way to first night flutters when she eyes gorgeous Trevor McCade in the crowd. Later that night Kylie comes across a dead body in t
Karla

5 Arresting Stars!! Detective Trevor McCade...*swoon sigh faint*!!! Another smash hit for Samanthe Beck!!

photo fainting-woman1_zps657e3adf.jpg

She’s two for two! Once again, Samantha Beck held me captive with another engaging read! I blew right through this book, and let me tell you…this author can write!

Kylie Roberts has been conned by her sister Stacy to work her job as a stripper while she’s recuperating from a broken leg. She doesn’t want to lose her job, and since Kylie is her identical twin, Stacy doesn’t see any harm, plus
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Buddy reading with Susanne <3 <3 :D

description
description

Kylie Roberts has a twin sister Stacy who is an aspiring actress.
While working toward that goal she is working as a stripper.When a customer got rough with her she ended up with a broken leg.
The loss of her job and the good money that she makes would leave both girls without a place to live...
So Kylie the quiet and shy twin must fill in for her wild sister at the strip club.Magically she learns to be a pole dancer..
When she leaving the club after her firs
Susanne
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
yoga

What a pleasant surprise! It's a ridiculous set up, but it worked anyway! I laughed, I tingled and I fell in love with the hero.

Good twin Kylie is forced to take bad twin Stacey's place as a stripper. Kylie is a yoga instructor, but that played almost no role in the story. On her first night, she finds one of Stacey's regulars murdered and she is thrown into a murder investigating with hot cop Trevor. Trevor is one yummy male! I'm never one to turn down a dark and sexy detective!

But after the fi
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: feels-sexy-hot
4 stars

Really enjoyed this one! It fits my Brazen criteria: Sweet, Sexy and Short. There was even a bit of mystery/suspense in it too to keep me turning the pages.

Really liked the sexual tension the couple had going on and I'm a sucker for hot cops. The only thing I would complain about critique is I could have shaken the heroine a time or two. Great read to pass a few hours, though only time will tell whether it is memorable.
Geri Reads
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars!

Folks, we have another winner from Samanthe Beck! Seriously, this girl has some serious writing chops.

To her credit, she didn't write another rehash of Private Practice, which I appreciate. Although, her trademark humor is still there, Lover Undercover has a more serious tone to it than PP and of course, there was a bit of mystery added to the story as well, which we'll get into later.

Kylie and Stacey Roberts are twins. Kind of like the Wakefield twins but from the wrong side of
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
ummmm....

humm.....

er....

This just did not work for me. While I liked Samanthe Beck's writing style, the story itself just fell flat.

It was a cute romance, but aside from that nothing really stood out.

I don't expect for Romance novels to be perfectly realistic, I read for the escapism of it after all, but parts of this book just grated with me.

So we start out with Kylie, a sweet little yoga instructor, covering for her twin sister who has a broken leg...as a stripper. Although self conscious and
Mo
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Really loved Private Practice by this author so this one had a lot to live up to. Didn't really hit the mark for me.... I liked it, didn't love it. Still a good sexy story with a hot Hero and Heroine...

~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sweet sexy and suspenseful. Loved it. Perfect hero so automatically 5 stars for me. Totally safe for me.
Lyndy Ann ♫
Apr 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: security
I have mixed feelings about Lover Undercover.

I did enjoy the story between Kylie and Trevor. There were plenty of sexy moments while Kylie was pretending to be Stacy and more sexy moments when they got together outside of club hours. I liked the banter between the ladies at the club they were funny.

My problem with Lover Undercover is I did not feel a connection with Kylie or Trevor and Stacy annoyed me I found her very selfish she cared more about her job than Kylie's safety and I felt parts of
Jamie

5 Hot Chemistry Loaded Stars !!

Detective Trevor McCade
Sexy detective working an undercover sting in a local strip club..trying to find the person murdering some of the clubs most frequent vistors..
[image error]

Kylie Roberts part time stripper..
Kylie's a yoga instructor that dreams of having her own studio one day.. she's filling in for her twin sister that broker her ankle and can't dance for a few weeks....the murderer seems to be killing those visitors that have an atachment or fasin
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
This one was an ok read for me. I was able to get past the whole "Totally inexperience virgin successfully pretends to be a stripper." I actually like the beginning of the book, when Kylie and Trevor meet, and their interactions at the club.

I think the thing that brought the book down for me was that the whole mystery plot seemed like a thin vail to keep the hero and heroine in the same situation, even after it was revealed that she wasn't Stacey. I figured out who the killer was at 19%, so onc
Marina
I don't have to say much.

I was bored. Plain.Old.Bored.

There was nothing wrong with the writing, but I felt that the story was very predictable and there was no connection to the characters.
However, the romance is quite sweet, so you could always give it a try hoping it will work better for you!

CC
Re-"read" on audible. Did not like the reader. But still like this story!

Really enjoyed this quick read. Liked the characters and the storyline. They were HOT for each other! It was fun and definitely worth a quick read.

Safety Gang spoiler
(view spoiler)
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ by: Karla
Shelves: audio_books
5 Steamy Dancing Stars

Samanthe Beck is fast becoming a must read for me. Kylie is a sweet Los Angeles yoga instructor who becomes a stripper overnight because her identical twin Stacy breaks her leg and without that income they'll be homeless. After finding a dead body Det. Trevor McCade goes undercover as a regular customer to catch a killer.

Good lord....the private dances Kylie has give Trevor (all in the name of catching a killer) are steamy and Trevor is one smokin' hot detective...oh man
Emily
4.5 Stars

Kylie Roberts has always bailed her identical twin sister out, whenever times are tough. Now with her sister injured, it is up to Kylie to fill in as a dancer at a high end men's club, while she recovers. Kylie though is a yoga instructor and although she bluff with the best of them, the difference between her and her sisters is obvious to one man, Detective Trevor McCade.

Trevor is at the men's club undercover, when the men he is with hire "Stacey" for a lap dance, something doesn't add
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
Less enjoyable than the author's first book. First off it was too unrealistic and second off all the heroine's twin came across as selfish. Plus virgin heroine turns into sex kitten for the hero was weird.
Heather
Kylie has always been the "good twin". Her sister Stacey,is the wild and crazy one who takes risks and often leaves Kylie to reap the consequences. They have always been together and Kylie would do ANYTHING for her sister. So when her sister breaks her leg and can no longer dance, Kylie agrees to fill in for her. Kylie pushes past her insecurities because really, how bad could it really be?

One night after a long shift Kylie discovers a body. She finds herself in much deeper than she ever imagin
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
ACTUAL RATING: 3.75

In a nutshell: I liked the characters and the romance, but it was a little too fast for the L-feels. I think it would have worked way better as a Romantic Suspense rather than a Contemporary Romance because the mystery plot would've been way more satisfying.

Something that stood up for me: Call me prude like my sister did, but getting all close and touchy in monitored interrogation rooms with a key person in your case is not ethical and probably illegal. Also, tacky.

Final verdi
Kara
May 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Entertaing book.
Jen
3 So So Stars

I hate to say this because I really enjoyed the author’s first book, Private Practice, but Lover Undercover just didn’t do much for me. While not a bad story, it’s not particularly good either.

My biggest issue with the story is the HUGE suspension of disbelief I had to endure to make the book even slightly plausible. Stripper Stacy breaks her leg so her innocent yoga instructing twin sister is forced to take her place so the twins aren’t hit with the loss of income. Is the club St
Jane Stewart
May 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Ordinary. OK.

I enjoyed Private Practice by this author, so I was hoping for more of the same. But this wasn’t as good. It didn’t stand out. It had the ingredients for romance, but it wasn’t special or different. A bad guy is doing things. In the end we learn who he is and why he did things. But we were never in his head which would have made him more alive, real, or frightening. He is an object that we are told about.

The heroine does something stupid which distracts the hero causing injury to h
Beth (^v^)/
Apr 27, 2013 rated it liked it
3 Worth My Time Stars!

The premise is a little silly; but it's also a lighthearted fun. Nothing groundbreaking, but puts a smile on your face because of the sweetness of our main characters.

Kylie is a stripper.

Well, not actually. Her twin sister, Stacy, is the stripper and she recently hurt herself. To make ends meet, Kylie decides to fill in for her at the strip club.

That's some dedication to kind of an ungrateful person.

[image error]

So, on her first night of stripping (convenient, no?), she
Jill
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a nice book to escape into for an afternoon, but I have to say I was maybe expecting more. I have read several reviews for this one that just gushed over how hot and sexy this book was. I just didn't feel it. I mean it was sort of good, but Trevor wasn't Alpha enough for me and Kylie was just a little too naïve and frustrating for me. Especially when she dug in her heels at the end.
All these complaints don't mean I didn't enjoy this book, just that I didn't enjoy it as much as
Dina
3 1/2 stars (rounded down to 3 stars, because I had a hard time buying the concept of a virgin turning into a sex goddess that easily and the suspense part wasn't suspenseful at all)
Kylie may look identical to her twin sister Stacy but they couldn't be more different when it comes to their personalities. Where Stacy loves the limelight and dreams of becoming a famous actress Kylie is happier to live a quiet life and just wants to make her yoga studio a success. But when Stacy has an accident and breaks her leg Kylie is forced to take her sister's place as a stripper in an exclusive men's club. The charade gets a whole lot more complicated when Kylie finds a dead body in the ...more
Ivy Deluca
Kylie steps in for her twin sister as a stripper so that they don’t end up homeless due to lack of money. Her first night she gives a lap dance to Trevor McCade, hot LA detective. Then she finds a body and she ends up spending alot more time with Trevor, trying to keep up her ruse. Then, smutty hot romance happens.

The Good, The Bad and Everything In Between

- The smut is strong with this one : Whatever other flaws there may be with this plot (more on that later), there is nothing wrong with the s
Emma
Aug 14, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
Fiona Marsden
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Before I start I should say this is my first Brazen read from Entangled. I requested an opportunity to read and review so I could get a taste of the series. I have read some Blaze from Harlequin which I assume from the website would be equivalent heat level.

First of all, the smexy did not disappoint. It was all very well done, explicit without being 'nasty'. Quite a good level for someone who likes it hot without being overly crude. A couple of instances did have me raising eyebrows about some m
  • Lovers Unmasked (Come Undone, #3.5; McCade Brothers, #1.5; Line of Duty, #1.5)
  • Recipe for Satisfaction (Madewood Brothers, #1)
  • Skin in the Game (Play Action #1)
  • Take Me Under (Dangerous Tides, #1)
  • Playing the Part
  • Femme Fatale (Hard Bodies, #1)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1)
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Dream Nights with the CEO (Secret Desires, #1)
  • No Strings Attached (Falling for You, #1)
  • Under the Covers (Maverick Montana, #2)
  • Into the Fire (Hot Nights, #1)
  • Game for Trouble (Game for It, #2)
  • Wilde Nights in Paradise (Wilde Security, #1)
  • Wild Encounter
  • No Romance Required (Love Required, #3)
  • Vanilla on Top (Walk on the Wild Side, #1; Heather and Tony, #1)
Wine lover, sleep fanatic, and USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy contemporary romance novels, Samanthe Beck lives in Malibu, California, with her long-suffering but extremely adorable husband and their turbo-son. Throw in a furry ninja named Kitty and Bebe the trash talking Chihuahua and you get the whole, chaotic picture.

When not dreaming up fun, fan-your-cheeks sexy ways to get her characters

McCade Brothers (3 books)
  • Falling for the Marine (McCade Brothers, #2)
  • Best Man with Benefits (McCade Brothers #3; Wedding Dare #4)
“You’re a tough, fragile, brave, cowardly woman.” 2 likes
“Baby, I’m the oldest of three boys. I can handle a fist to the face, an elbow to the ribs, even a flying tackle. But a woman’s tears? They scare me, straight to the bone.” 2 likes