Start by marking “Reluctant Romance” as Want to Read:

Reluctant Romance

Risa Kennedy will stop at nothing to save her company. Connor Dunn is a ruthless corporate executive who only cares about the profits. When the two are pitted against each other in a corporate buy out, sparks fly… and not just sparks of anger.

Connor has everything most women find attractive: he’s wealthy, astonishingly handsome, successful, charming and he loves his dog Pi
Published March 18th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Reluctant Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reluctant Romance

Start your review of Reluctant Romance
Eldarwen
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fast, sweet, lovely dogs, with a few ridiculous reactions, but those are unfortunately part of this kind of romance recipe.

It was a fun read - and I enjoyed it more than the Lexy Barker cozies. Better written, too.
Ericka N.Blackwell
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Meh - about 100 pages too long!

I get that the author wanted to create tension and mystery but the method dragged out a story that wasn't th a t compelling. The characters were not complex the background and development was inconsistent more details on the male, less on the female. There were greater descriptions of the dogs than the people. This town is described as small and family oriented yet when emergencies occur no one goes to anyone's home to ensure all is okay. There was so much superflu
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Kindle Unlimited, Leighann Dobbs writes under Leighann Dobbs, Annie Dobbs and (soon) L.A. Dobbs but her real name {not sure if she writes under that one} is Lee Dobbins, Hazel Martin Mysteries only one I found for this type with her, she has not made sure that terms used match the British terms as well as in other areas for that period of architecture and assorted styles.

The Notch Cozy Mystery Series {5 out as of this writing} and the Blackbore Sisters Cozy Mysteries are not on Kindle Unlimited
Carole Mckee
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a Good Story!

I'm an animal lover, so this book was a perfect story for me. Risa Kennedy is worried over the possible plans for a larger international company's acquisition of her father's company, Healthy Pet. Her company is all about the well-being of animals and the comfort of the employees. She feels certain the new larger company won't have the same feelings. Connor Dunn, the CEO's son, practically confirms that. Wil the acquisition go through? Great story, good characters, and terrific
Pam
Jan 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sorry didn't care for it.

Risa was to me wishy washy. If my father had pulled what hers let happen to her I would have not put up with him and told him about it and told both him and his buddy where to stick her job. Picking money over his own daughter. She forgave and forgot the horrible things they did to her and acused her of in an instant. It was an unbelievable story and made women look weak and bow down to men.
Rachel
May 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Cute, quick and safe romance read. A lot of miscommunication/assuming which is the bases for the whole plot (which I did find slightly irritating as we could've avoided all the problems!) but loved the jobs (pet food company and clinic potentially getting bought out my a big corp) and the situations they were put in (mainly by the dogs which was cute). I was a little thrown off by the dogs have a convo near the end? Can't quite decided whether it was cute or not 😂 ...more
Melissa B.
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great reconnection of kids as adults

This is a great story of two people who grew up together as friends then one, Connor moved away. Years later they meet again in a business acquisition by Connor’s father of the company that Risa’s father is trying to sell. Risa is the CEO of the pet food producer. She has a dog in her office all the time and Connor has a Great Dane who travels with him. Things get interesting and love the ending with the dogs.
Julie Nilles
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down.

I'm not much of a review writer. But I loved the book. I was headed to bed but decided to read a few pages. Well the book is done. The characters caught my interest right away. I could tell they should end up together. My, my the array of things they went through!!! Just had to keep reading.
Lisa Edwards
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well done!

Bravo! I simply love this book. The characters are fresh and real. The addition of pets in the story made for a funny and loving side of Conner and Rosa. I especially liked the ending.
Nicki
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story

The dogs stole the show in this book. Old friends reunited during a company buyout with plenty of angst and miscommunication. Risa goes out of the way to create chaos while dreams of romance with her old friend. This was a quick read with a bit of fun. I liked it!
Clarence A Corter
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reluctant Romance

I really enjoyed reading this book. It is an enjoyable book to read with romance and a mystery. I'm looking forward to reading more books written by Leighton Dobbs.
Charleen
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like all of the books you have written this was is great.

Wow you are great author and I don't ever get bored of tired of reading them.You have a wonderful way of storytelling .Thanks for sharing your stories with me keep them coming.
Violet Skye
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gone to the dogs

REVIEW:
Short and sweet; neatly tied with a bow. An easy read with heart-warming, frolicking dogs thrown in.
Only one minor content error found.
Four stars outta five

VS
11AUG20
Lisa
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easy fun read

Cute fast read with plenty of twists and turns to keep you turning the pages until you have finished reading the book.
Debbie Bailey
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

I enjoyed reading this book. It was humorous, intriguing, and fun to read. If you love romance and animals i recommend this
SrJean
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, uplifting romance story. It was a quick, one day read that got me through a cold, snowy afternoon.
Julie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it
A fairly standard romance with misunderstandings along the way before the inevitable conclusion. Easy enough for a read in the summer sun. The dogs were a fun addition!
Elle Lew
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute, quick read.
May 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Nice light story. Not really for me.
T. Rose
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Somehow I rated this by accident, but, I have not read it yet. Please disregard the stars for now. I do plan to read it. (Couldn't figure out how to remove the stars.) Thanks! ...more
Sallie
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet romance

This is a light hearted story. Get your favorite beverage & put up your feet n enjoy the ride! I will look for more of her books.
Liza
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
It was a nice dog-based light romance. (Too many stories are cat-based. haha)

You knew the secrets would be uncovered and that they wouldn't matter.
Rogean
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Story is good but dog conversations felt off

The story is actually good but the dogs' conversation at the end just felt a little bit off to me.
Renee Elden
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: facebook-reads
This was my first read by Leighann Dobbs. I enjoyed it; it was simply just a simple love story, quick read.
Risa and Connor grew up together in the same neighborhood. Connor has always had a crush on Risa however
never did anything about it. Both of their fathers own businesses with their children working for them.
One day, Connor’s father decides to buy out Risa’s family company which puts Connor and Risa at odds against each other. The best part of a takeover is that even though these two are at
Gaby
May 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Posted at Oh My Books!

Such a cute romance. I'm a sucker for animal lovers characters, and this one satisfied my animal lover heart. Risa is a veterinary, daughter of the owner of a pet-food company and low-cost vet clinic. She loves her job so that's why she isn't going to help Connor buy the company and destroy it.

Connor needs to make a decision about the company before letting his father buy it, but Risa isn't making it easy. And their attraction is making it worse. Their dogs wants to be frie
Cindy
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This was a very good contemporary romance! I started reading and didn't stop until I was finished. I like the authors style of writing, her books are always entertaining.

Both the human and dog characters in this book were very likable. In all, it was a sweet heart warming novel!
Ange Chan
Apr 12, 2013 rated it liked it
It was an enjoyable, if somewhat predictable easy read.
Sharon Kennedy
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Pretty average tale of miscommunication between the high flying tycoon and the stay in hometown vet, although I thought the situation became a little far fetched.
Kristy McRae
Apr 19, 2013 rated it liked it
A cute contemporary romance, with the added fun of a pair of sweet pups.
Heather
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Loved the romance and of course loved the dogs!

• Some Call it Love
  • Dreaming of Florence
  • What Happens in New York: Two friends. One life-changing vacation.
  • The House at Greenacres
  • The New Guy
  • The Hotel (A Billionaire Seduction, #1)
  • Calamity Rayne: Gets A Life
  • Winter's Kiss (Starling Bay, #1)
  • Secret Summer
  • Once Upon a Romance (A Dream Come True Book 1)
  • The Tanglewood Tea Shop (Tanglewood Village #1)
  • I Temporarily Do (Cordially Invited, #1)
  • A Tangled Summer (The Summerstoke Trilogy)
  • Christmas at the Chateau (A French Escape #2)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • Swept Away (The Larkford Series #1.5)
  • Dear Rosie Hughes
  • In Search of a Love Story (Love Story, #1)
USA Today bestselling author, Leighann Dobbs, discovered her passion for writing after a twenty year career as a software engineer. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband Bruce, their trusty Chihuahua mix Mojo and beautiful rescue cat, Kitty.

Her book "Dead Wrong" won the "Best Mystery Romance" award at the 2014 Indie Romance Convention.

Her book "Ghostly Paws" was the 2015 Chanticleer Mystery