Start by marking “Just In Time (Alaskan Nights, #3)” as Want to Read:
Just In Time (Alaskan Nights, #3)

Just In Time

(Alaskan Nights #3)

Sometimes your past is the only link to your future.

After a rejuvenating trip to Ireland, Avery Marks cant help her frustration with the pace of her life in Alaska. Back in the small town of Indigowhere everyone knows everyone elses businessAvery dreams of a bigger life. But with her ex-boyfriend back in town, its hard to get the past out of her head.

Drafted by the NHL
Published August 6th 2013 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Just In Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just In Time

Start your review of Just In Time (Alaskan Nights, #3)
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: C+

Roman and Avery were best friends growing up and high school sweethearts. But when Roman was drafted into the NHL he left his hometown and his girlfriend behind. He went on to have a successful career in the NHL while Avery was left to deal with her alcoholic mother herself. After her mother past away Avery, through a job share type program, went to Ireland for a few months to work in a hotel as shes found her passion in the hospitality
Kimberly
Blue Ribbon Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Original Review Link

Since high school, hockey is all Roman Forsyth has known. When an accident on the ice threatens to end his NHL career, Roman returns home to Indigo, Alaska, to be with his mother and grandmother and figure his life out. Also in Indigo is Avery Marks, the girl Roman loved and left behind to pursue his dreams. Its been years since they broke up, but Romans feelings for Avery havent diminished. The passion between them burns as hot as ever, but
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
Book was going great until the last part which brought down my rating considerably. Roman well he wasn't a bad guy which I thought he was. He loved Avery but left to follow his dreams knowing it would be wrong for him to make her choose between her mom and him, so he made the tough call and stayed away, trying to make up with his gifts.

The book really played up the soul-mate thing. Despite being out of each other's lives for so long they still have a connection but Avery is more
Tori
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/08/review-...

Favorite Quote: Never make your decisions for a man, no matter how stupid over him you are.

Avery Marks and Roman Forsyth were childhood best friends and sweethearts. When Roman is drafted into the NHL after high school, his only contact with Avery is the expensive guilt gifts he sends home. Avery was heartbroken by his abandonment. She loved him with everything she had and he willingly let her and their love go. When Roman comes home
Nicole
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/08/19/...

This was my first Fox read, and I have to say one of the only reasons I requested it was because of the hockey star hero. Im definitely glad I took the chance.

Avery and Roman have a very long and complicated past. Friends since before they could walk, childhood sweethearts, and eventually high school lovers, when Roman left to pursue his dream, Avery was left behind to pick up the pieces. Now that Roman is back for a wedding,
Susan
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book. After fourteen years Roman has come back to Indigo as he deals with an injury. This puts him back in the same town with his high school sweetheart, Avery. He had left her behind when he followed his dream, but has never forgotten her or their love. Avery has stayed mostly in their hometown, working at the hotel, and dreaming of more. She's never gotten over Roman, but isn't so sure that she wants to risk that much misery by getting involved with him again.

Roman and Avery had a
Vilia
Mar 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Review from Backchatting Books

If youve followed the Alaskan Night series like me, youve probably been patiently waiting for Avery Marks to get her novel with ice hockey champion Roman Forsyth (the last remaining bachelor). I enjoyed lots of the elements in Just in Time but had a few quibbles once the career aspect was introduced. Avery and Roman were desperately in love when they were teenagers but Roman got a shot at the big league and left Avery behind to look after her alcoholic mother.
Janell Sutherland
I learned two things about myself while reading this book: I dont like small town stories getting in the way of my romance, and I dont like reunited lovers who reminisce about all the hot sex they had in high school.

This is the third book in a series about Indigo, Alaska, a small town with hot men and a hockey rink. I havent read the previous two books, so I kind of skimmed all the catching-up-with-other-couples scenes that dominated the beginning. Avery is a local who works at the hotel, and
Darcy
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, romance, 2014
These books are normally fun for me, but not so much with this one. And the reason why, Roman. I found it hard to like him, everything was all about him and it seemed like time and time again he turned his back on Avery and Indigo. I couldn't believe how mad he got about the state of the rink, granted it did need to be fixed, but the way he got pissed at the town was out of control. I also hated how Roman seemed to keep a hold on Avery, even as he didn't want her, or want her for longer than a ...more
Fedora
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four and a half stars.

Guess I was in just the right mood for this second-chance story.

Roman and Avery have been friends for decades, and more than that for a brief few years before Roman's NHL career took him from their hometown of Indigo, Alaska. He hasn't been back much since then, and it's taken those years for Avery to recover a sense of equilibrium about the hole his leaving left in her life and heart.

When he comes back for their friends' wedding, it's clear that their attraction and
Barbara ★
I didn't find this one as enjoyable as the first two in the series. As much as Avery and Roman seemed to love each other, Roman just couldn't tell Avery his problems. Even when Avery was planning her future, Roman didn't tell her the truth about his situation. I would think after 14 years of wanting Avery, Roman would have learned his lesson. Guess not. The whole situation just annoyed the hell out of me. Oh sure, it worked out in the end but that was because Avery made a decision and Roman felt ...more
Randy Briggs
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-read
I received this book as a First Read from Goodreads.
I really enjoy Addison Fox's "Alaskan Nights" novels, and wait restlessly for them to come out. But for me, the important part is not the romance, but the friendships. I really like the relationships between the women, the men, and the townspeople in general. Fun and emotional reading.
Marianthi
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Happy to read the end of the trilogy, but a little disappointed in the characters. Grier was so pushy that I actually started to like her less than I liked her character previously. I just couldn't enjoy this one like the others.
Jill Fox
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book but it was not the best in the series. I felt the main male was lacking somehow and needed a good kick up the jacksie!!!
Mary Ann
This is the third book of a trilogy. I have to say I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first two. Maybe it's because we saw so much of Avery in those. There wasn't as much girlfriend time in this one either. Don't get me wrong, I like the characters and the setting. Just feel like the ball got dropped a little on this one.
Jocelyn
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I have really loved reading this series:) Sad that it has finished,but will definitely be reading more books written by Addison Fox.Her characters are so brought to life you feel like you are there with them on their journey:)
Laura Ross
This is a great book if you love predictable endings. The author does use more profanity compared to other contemporary romance authors.
Tanya
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, 2013
I've been waiting for Roman and Avery for so long! Yes, Roman had is head up his ass for most of this book, just like he did in all the others. These can all be read alone, but I really suggest you read them in order. The relationships grow throughout the series.

Roman and Avery are high school sweethearts. He left right after high school to pursue his dream of playing in the NHL. Which he did - very well in fact. He's kind of a hockey god. He rarely comes to town and when he does, it's not more
Jackie Lane
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Woo Hoo! I can't wait for August 6th!

I enjoyed this series and I think that by the time it came for this book with Roman and Avery, there had been a bit too much anticipation. I loved how nothing was sure until the very end and there were a few things that I didn't see coming, but I also felt that there were a few things that could have been addressed and not left hanging. That being said, I still enjoyed this series and the author's writing style.

Roman and Avery have a past. They were best
Pat
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read my review at Booklist: www.booklistonline.com:

In the latest Alaskan Nights novel after Come Fly with Me (2012), Fox explores the choices young, talented men and women must make between their careers and their love lives. NHL MVP Roman Forsyth left the love of his life, Avery Marks, 14 years ago, breaking her heart. Shes since picked up the pieces and glued herself together to become a successful hotelier. But now Roman has returned for his best friends wedding, and the sparks between them
TheGeekyBlogger
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for Fun (Kindle)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 3.50
Character Rating: 4.50

First Thought When Finished: I loved going back to Indigo, Alaska! In fact, I wouldn't mind moving there LOL

Quick Thoughts: I love the Alaskan Nights series. It has a great balance of friendships, busy body grandmas, romance, smexy hot times, and town quirkiness. If you love reads that will make you laugh, are set in small towns with well-meaning *cough* *cough* nosy neighbors, characters that need to whack their
Gilles
My rating really falls between 3 and 4 stars. This is the third of the series and the couple we have seen circling each other for the last two books. They grew up together and were in love and meant to be together but he left to follow his dream of a pro-hockey career. Fast forward several years and they are together for their friends' wedding and both are at important turning points in their careers.

The previous books made me anticipate a more antagonistic reunion, the usual rehashing old
Heather T
3.5 I LOVE this series and I LOVE when authors write about hockey players. However, I think my expectations were just a little too high going into this book. I enjoyed it a lot, I won't deny that. There were some great moments. I think it got bogged down a little with the drama from their pasts. You can't escape that with characters like Avery and Roman, but there's almost always a small drag in the plot while characters try to fight each other off.
I love the town so I'm hoping there's a book
Nichole
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 3 in the Alaskan Nights series and I think the best. Great characters, witty conversations, and just an overall good story (very real).

Avery Marks returns from a 4 month trip to Ireland to find her ex-boyfriend, hockey star Roman Forsyth. He left everything behind, including the love of his life, to follow his NHL dreams. With a possible career ending injury Roman returns home to try and make things right. Avery doesn't think they can just forgive and forget the past 14 years of hurt.

I'll
Darkand
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
3rd book in the series and hopefully not the last! I loved this book even more than the first 2. I have been waiting for Avery and Roman and while it may have taken the ENTIRE book to get to the HEA, I was not disappointed. The emotions may have been intense for these two but the sex sure was steamy - especially for Alaska! I'm really hoping that there are more stories for this wonderful series - there seemed to be a bit of foreshadowing so I have my fingers and toes crossed for Declan's story.
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading these books, I've come to the conclusion that I want to move to Alaska, like NOW. lol Loved the 3 main books. I didn't care for Kate's book at all. Jason never redeemed himself in my eyes and I didn't feel the chemistry between Kate and Jason at all. The other 3 books...................wow! All the hero's were gorgeous and sweet and not as "alpha" as some books are and thought that was a nice change. Out of the 3 of them, Mick stole my heart.........he can fly me ...more
Jamie
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an adorable book from Addison Fox. I have read all of this series and each one is great escapism. I agree with a few other readers who said the ending felt rushed. I also missed having Sloan in the book at all. I hope this signals the next book coming will have the entire cast of characters! Great job, Addison, for providing some good ol' fashioned happy-ever-after fiction.
Deana Smiel
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the best book yet by Addison Fox. Very evolved writing, it was good and the characters were richly developed. They seem to be living on in my mind even after finishing the book. I can recommend the series and especially this book.
Josi
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It was the last in this series. So we've gotten to know Avery and Roman in the other books. I was glad they got their Happily Ever After together. I also enjoyed the side story of Roman's grandma finding love.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 07, 2015 09:23AM

• Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)
  • Love on Lexington Avenue
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)
  • Steel Tide (Seafire, #2)
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • Melting the Ice (Play by Play, #7)
  • Shot on Gold (Play by Play, #14)
  • We Were On a Break
  • Death, Taxes, and a French Manicure (Tara Holloway, #1)
  • The Christmas Wishing Tree (Eternity Springs, #15)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Death, Taxes, and a Skinny No-Whip Latte (Tara Holloway, #2)
  • Anyone But You
  • Death, Taxes, and Extra-Hold Hairspray (Tara Holloway, #3)
  • Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay, #6)
  • Herons Landing (Honeymoon Harbor, #1)
Addison Fox cant remember a time when words werent a part of her life. In addition to being an avid reader, she loves writing novels about strong-willed and exciting heroes and heroines individuals who are meant for each other and who deserve their happy ever after. After she makes them work for it, of course!

First published in 2010, Addison has written across romance genres including

Alaskan Nights (3 books)
  • Baby It's Cold Outside (Alaskan Nights, #1)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)